Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009, Week 14 - Deadline 12/29 (Monday) at 11 pm EST

Here is a look at our Week 14 schedule.

IU gets commits from 4 star RB Zach Longshore and 4-star FS Dedric Garcia.

When is good for you to play, Foz?

Last edited by Kodos : 12-30-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

Ahh, good timing. Beating the living hell out of Idaho will be a nice release of the frustration I'm feeling after Carolina's Sunday Night loss!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

Just let me what time is good Big.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #4
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Just let me what time is good Big.

I can play it tonight or tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving my Box to go home for Xmas (weather permitting). Can you roll tonight?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well, we're #4 in the BCS, but with 1-10 EMU as our last game, we won't move up off a win vs them.

Sadly, TCU is locked in to the BCS Title Game, so we'd need USC and Oklahoma losses to get in.

Either way, this has been a good year.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Georgia Tech lands two more key recruits this week:

4* P Bryson Weber - #2 Punter. My punter is graduating this year. Given how few 3* and better punters are generated, its damn nice to have pulled in one of them.

4* C George Moss (JUCO) - #2 Center. Above average against both the run and the pass, we're graduating a senior and could always use 4* quality depth on the line.

We're up to 2 5* and 6 4* players in our class, still behind both FSU and Clemson but holding our own.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And we beat EMU 51-3 to finish the year 11-1.

Hopefully Karl can knock off a solid BYU team, and win the ACC Title Game to give our SOS a shot, but chances are he'd jump us in the scenario.

We'll see soon though.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
I can play it tonight or tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving my Box to go home for Xmas (weather permitting). Can you roll tonight?

I can do tomorrow evening. Can 11 EST work at all?

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-22-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
I can do tomorrow evening. Can 11 EST work at all?

That would be ideal. See you then.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

47 runs
4 passes

In an effort to run the clock out and get this one done with as fast as possible, i let my fullback carry it 17 times(for 41 yards).

#21 Georgia Tech 42
Idaho 3
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I see the Paul Johnson offense is in full effect
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 AM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
When is good for you to play, Foz?

after 10:30 PM before Christmas, after, I'm not sure.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
after 10:30 PM before Christmas, after, I'm not sure.

Before Christmas might be doable. Maybe tomorrow night if I can do my recruiting tonight? My father-in-law is visiting, which somewhat complicates my schedule.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I see the Paul Johnson offense is in full effect

I usually have to throw a good 10-15 times a game, more against tough teams like FSU or Clemson since its so hard to get the running game going. Against Idaho, not so much.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

We get a nice win over the Domers in South Bend, 34-31, on a last second FG. I was up 14 in the 4th and Galaxy stormed back to tie it at 31. We got the ball back with just over a minute to play and worked our way down the field to win it. It was a great game.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #16
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
We get a nice win over the Domers in South Bend, 34-31, on a last second FG. I was up 14 in the 4th and Galaxy stormed back to tie it at 31. We got the ball back with just over a minute to play and worked our way down the field to win it. It was a great game.

Good game. We just don't have a defense this year. I just can't figure it out. Your receivers just kept breaking out with three steps in the clear ahead of our defensive backs. And we can't stop running games this year. Or you would managed to just beat my corners with a pass. Hopefully our freshmen, who are redshirted this year, and our transfer linebacker, will be able to step in and get this defense straighten out.

I really don't know how I came back to make it competive. I made a few decisions I didn't like looking back, and I knew I scored too quickly to tie it up.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Interestingly, Indiana and Boston College, who are scheduled to play tonight, are projected to meet again in some worthless bowl. We'll have to crush them to avoid that happening.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, no Crushing, but they did win. Maybe next year, at our house, Kodos?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep, definitely no crushing. A 35-32 barnburner in Bloomington where the hometown heroes prevailed--just barely. Your boys kept coming back, no matter how many times we tried to finish you off.

I had mixed feelings at the very end on the goal line. Part of me wanted to score again to help give us the edge in our recruiting battle over Jake Tate, part of me wanted to just take a knee and get out of there cuz I'm not a proponent of running up the score in general. In the end, it was a bit of both, as I tried to punch it in, but didn't call timeouts to help that goal. It was quite a battle of a game. You've definitely figured out how to use the not so talented BC squad. Good luck in your bowl! Unless you play us.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-23-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yep, definitely no crushing. A 35-32 barnburner in Bloomington where the hometown heroes prevailed--just barely. Your boys kept coming back, no matter how many times we tried to finish you off.

I had mixed feelings at the very end on the goal line. Part of me wanted to score again to help give us the edge in our recruiting battle over Jake Tate, part of me wanted to just take a knee and get out of there cuz I'm not a proponent of running up the score in general. In the end, it was a bit of both, as I tried to punch it in, but didn't call timeouts to help that goal. It was quite the barnburner of a game. You've definitely figured out how to use the not so talented BC squad. Good luck in your bowl! Unless you play us.

Shoulda taken notes from my thrashing over IU on how to do it with class
Old 12-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. You definitely put the "ass" in class, DeTox.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I had mixed feelings at the very end on the goal line. Part of me wanted to score again to help give us the edge in our recruiting battle over Jake Tate, part of me wanted to just take a knee and get out of there cuz I'm not a proponent of running up the score in general. In the end, it was a bit of both, as I tried to punch it in, but didn't call timeouts to help that goal. It was quite a battle of a game. You've definitely figured out how to use the not so talented BC squad. Good luck in your bowl! Unless you play us.

BTW, before any rematch, I'd be very nervous for your QB. After those two big runs, he is SO getting Nancy Kerrigan'd,

*WHOMP*

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :d
Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #23
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
BTW, before any rematch, I'd be very nervous for your QB. After those two big runs, he is SO getting Nancy Kerrigan'd,

*WHOMP*

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :d

Welp, he's a Senior, so unless we meet in a bowl, no Jeff Gilooly for you. On this run, I saw that you were overcommitted to the halfback, so I cut it upfield, and one missed tackle later, Lewis was gone. It was a nice farewell touchdown run for him, since he hasn't gotten many rushing TDs this season, and his rushing yardage is down a lot from last year (because I got tired of him getting hurt).

Here is Kellen Lewis's last hurrah in front of the home crowd:

Last edited by Kodos : 12-23-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Damnit, I need Lewis at Michigan. He is awesome.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #25
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'll be interested to see if you two get matched up in the bowl game. I'm guessing the conference pecking order won't change much.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

It looks like maybe Maryland can jump past them into the 7 slot in the ACC. Maybe.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
It looks like maybe Maryland can jump past them into the 7 slot in the ACC. Maybe.

What're the chances anyone but TCU gets in to the title game?

I dunno how to figure it out in this game.

I assume Mike with Florida might because he will play a good SEC team, but I doubt that pushes him up enough.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

No idea.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #29
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm guessing I'll have to play the CPU this week...unless Macro is in town.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #30
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I'm guessing I'll have to play the CPU this week...unless Macro is in town.

I can set him on autopilot whenever you like. In fact, I think he already is from previous weeks.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone else start a bunch of seniors who usually don't start in their final home game? I did, although not if there was a very big difference in abilities with the usual starter. How's that for class, DeTox?

Nice to see that my freshmen OLB that I recruited last season led the team in tackles. Jake Tate will be a nice complement to him on the field...
Old 12-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Anyone else start a bunch of seniors who usually don't start in their final home game? I did, although not if there was a very big difference in abilities with the usual starter. How's that for class, DeTox?

Nice to see that my freshmen OLB that I recruited last season led the team in tackles. Jake Tate will be a nice complement to him on the field...

Haha.

We're cut throat in Ann Arbor. The senior who don't start get cut.

Just call me Jimmy Johnson.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

As long as you're cutting your own throats, it's all good.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #34
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

PSU traveled to Temple for their season finale today. Temple is rated 69 overall and for most of the game played like it. They have 1 or 2 gamebreakers on offense that like to break tackles, but then again that could have more to do with my lack of talent. After all the dust settled, the #14 ranked Nittany Lions lit the Owls up by a score of 87-37. My recievers were rediculously open on every single play, regardless of what paterns they were running. I might be wrong, but my QB Smith may have passed for 550+ yards. It just seemed like every 3rd pass was a TD. Hopefuly this will jump us past Wisconsin in the Big 10 in the Bowl bids. #15 Wisconsin, who has the exact same record as me (in and ooc), finished up their season last week. I guess we'll see. There's a slim chance that I could wind up playing against a Human Controlled school in a bowl game, but I forget who it was.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 12-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Clemson goes into Lavell Edwards stadium and silences the BYU attack, notching a second-half shutout in a 35-10 victory in Provo.

Now, we play Miami in the ACC title game. It's not gonna be easy, but hopefully some insanity happens to where I can get into the title game (not gonna happen)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We destroyed our hated rival, FUCLA. I have to admit leaving starters in longer than I would have otherwise. And when my 2nd string back got tired in the 4th quarter, I couldn't help but run it again with Stafon who had a great first half. We were up 52-7 at halftime. I mostly called off the dogs midway through the 3rd quarter, but we still won 73-14. We had over 400 yards in the air and 200 more on the ground. Stafon Johnson had 19 carries for 195 yards and 6 TD's. He also had 3 catches for 99 more yards. All of our WR's had great YAC., particularly Travon Patterson who had 2 TD's on 2 catches for 123 yards with 88 yards coming after the catch. The 1 slant that he broke a tackle and juked another before turning on the speed was a thing of beauty.

Looking forward to playing Galaxy next.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #37
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
We destroyed our hated rival, FUCLA. I have to admit leaving starters in longer than I would have otherwise. And when my 2nd string back got tired in the 4th quarter, I couldn't help but run it again with Stafon who had a great first half. We were up 52-7 at halftime. I mostly called off the dogs midway through the 3rd quarter, but we still won 73-14. We had over 400 yards in the air and 200 more on the ground. Stafon Johnson had 19 carries for 195 yards and 6 TD's. He also had 3 catches for 99 more yards. All of our WR's had great YAC., particularly Travon Patterson who had 2 TD's on 2 catches for 123 yards with 88 yards coming after the catch. The 1 slant that he broke a tackle and juked another before turning on the speed was a thing of beauty.

Looking forward to playing Galaxy next.

What time would you like to play this week?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #38
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like Pumpy still needs to play his game, and then he, Mike, and Sir Fozzie still have recruiting left.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #39
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

0m6 73h 5|4ck3r5
Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #40
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

set me to auto, I was pretty sure I did my recruiting already *shrugs* I don't want to hold anyone up
Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #41
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'll play Western Kentucky in a couple of hours. Will get it done at least two hours before deadline.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #42
Kodos
Resident Alien

You da man!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What time would you like to play this week?

I'm on vacation this week, so I have almost total flexibility. I'd prefer to play in the morning or early afternoon, but will work with almost any time you want to name.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #44
Kodos
Resident Alien

Final results (they should show up shortly):

Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #45
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm on vacation this week, so I have almost total flexibility. I'd prefer to play in the morning or early afternoon, but will work with almost any time you want to name.

What about 1:30 EST tomorrow in the afternoon?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll have to check with my wife to make sure she didn't have anything planned (with more advance notice I can clear almost any time.) I'll let you know in the morning as she is already asleep now.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Just for clarification, I'm assuming you are talking about Tuesday at 1:30 or were you referring to Weds since it is just after midnight here?

Edit to add: Chances are very good that I'll be able to do 1:30 Eastern Time either day, just can't say 100% sure until I check with Mrs. Eaglesfan27.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-30-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #48
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I'll be interested to see if you two get matched up in the bowl game. I'm guessing the conference pecking order won't change much.

Looks like we are projected to face Virginia now in the Champs Sports Bowl.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #49
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola -

Just for clarification, I'm assuming you are talking about Tuesday at 1:30 or were you referring to Weds since it is just after midnight here?

Edit to add: Chances are very good that I'll be able to do 1:30 Eastern Time either day, just can't say 100% sure until I check with Mrs. Eaglesfan27.

Yeah, today (Tuesday). Sorry about the confusion.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I've checked with the executive planner and 12:30 (1:30 Eastern) works well for me. I'll see you then.