Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Season 2 Week 6 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/6/09 at 10PM

The only human matchup this week is SirFozzies's #22 Texas A&M vs Raider Army's #10 Oklahoma State Squad.

Ranked games include #21 Washington vs #4 USC, #20 Virginia vs Mid Tenn State, NC State vs #25 Maryland, #24 Colorado at Baylor, and #6 Kentucky at Cincinnati.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Foz, let me know when you can play and I'll be there.

Just so you know, my headset went out, so I won't be able to talk during the game (which is good for you ).

I'm sure you're looking forward to this re-match from last season...me, not so much since I don't want to lose and my defense is pretty bad.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Two really good games this week. The human vs human game should be excellent. It will be interesting to see how EF27's U of W squad does against another amazing USC team. Hopefully they can pull the upset.

Good luck to all humans this week
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Woo-hoo! Ranked! I'll probably get my game in Friday so we'll see if CU can keep it rolling. It's Baylor so we better.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Two really good games this week. The human vs human game should be excellent. It will be interesting to see how EF27's U of W squad does against another amazing USC team. Hopefully they can pull the upset.

Good luck to all humans this week

I doubt I'll manage to stay within 2 TD's of USC. My only hope is to score every possession and have a perfect game from Locker. My defense is incredibly slow and we couldn't contain Pitt's receivers. USC will probably be starting Travon Patterson and will likely have Ronald Johnson in the mix.. that will be tough to slow down with my current defensive personel.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC stretches their winning streak to an amazing 2 games with a 24-10 victory over GT. We also picked up our first commit of the year from a 4 star wideout from NJ. Hopefully we can pull to an even 0.500 with a win next week.
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll be playing my game on Monday afternoon.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Foz, let me know when you can play and I'll be there.

Just so you know, my headset went out, so I won't be able to talk during the game (which is good for you ).

I'm sure you're looking forward to this re-match from last season...me, not so much since I don't want to lose and my defense is pretty bad.

Feel like shit, but tonight or some night this week after 7 PM Eastern?
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Tomorrow night at 7 PM Eastern is good for me. If not, I can go later that night (until about 9 PM Eastern) or Tuesday.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

K. I'll be on
Old 01-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Update: Heading home ill, I'll try to be on between 7-9, depends on how badly I need sleep, if not, tommorrow definitely
Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. I'll be on at 7, give it about 10 minutes and then log off. If you want to go later tonight, I think you have my email. If not, I'll send it via PM again as well as my cell phone number.

mmmm beer.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty...I'll hit you up tomorrow at 7 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sorry again, man.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey EF27, please don't advance early. Things have been ridiculous at work this week (screw my job) and I won't get to play til Tuesday evening sometime. I will do everything in my power to get the game finished by 10. Just don't advance early. Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Sorry again, man.

No problem. Actually thinking about it, I do have a commitment from 4-6 Central today, so could we make it 8 PM EST? That'll give me enough time to get home.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Hey EF27, please don't advance early. Things have been ridiculous at work this week (screw my job) and I won't get to play til Tuesday evening sometime. I will do everything in my power to get the game finished by 10. Just don't advance early. Thanks

I'll never advance early if people aren't done. I will advance on time most times, particularly, if I haven't heard from the party(ies) that haven't done what needs to be done. If I hear from you, I'll give an extra few minutes. So, no worries about an early advance. Also, while I would like to avoid it, I've already said I'll give an extra day if it will allow players to get in their human vs human game.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I doubt I'll manage to stay within 2 TD's of USC. My only hope is to score every possession and have a perfect game from Locker. My defense is incredibly slow and we couldn't contain Pitt's receivers. USC will probably be starting Travon Patterson and will likely have Ronald Johnson in the mix.. that will be tough to slow down with my current defensive personel.

It was even worse than I thought. They didn't even start Travon (he was their 5th receiver), but Ronald Johnson was uncoverable for my secondary and when I did double him, they just tore us up at every other position. I didn't stop their offense even 1 drive the entire day. Their running game and passing game completely dominated us. What I didn't expect was that their defensive speed would be so fast that we couldn't get our option attack or our passing game going. We lost 49-7. Worse, Galippo laid out Hasty and he'll be gone for most of if not the entire year. He also knocked Locker out of the 2nd half.

Gable had almost 200 yards rushing and 4 TD's against us and Sanchez was near perfect, 23 of 26 for 229 yards with a TD. I really don't know how some of you guys manage to beat teams that are 20 or so points ahead of you in talent. I thought I'd at least keep this one close.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
No problem. Actually thinking about it, I do have a commitment from 4-6 Central today, so could we make it 8 PM EST? That'll give me enough time to get home.

Just got home. The thing was interesting but I didn't have anyone I needed to talk to. I can go in 40 if you're on...otherwise, I'll see you in an hour and forty.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky just had their most impressive offensive output of the season on their way to destroying Cincinnati 101-17. Cincy's offense is okay (except they had 5 turnovers this game) but their defense is just horrible. Their D is rated something like 66 and it showed. My Kentucky squad was running around them. It was weird to be the far superior team when on offense.

I put in my backups (on both sides) one minute into the third quarter and our offense still was amazing. This was the most impressive performance (against an admittedly inferior defense) that I've ever had. I had around 860 yards of total offense, broken down as 598 through the air and around 260 on the ground. I really dialed it down in the 4th quarter but even my slow-as-molasses RB was breaking through holes on his way to the promised land. I should have saved the play that completely personified the entire game. It was an off-tackle run where 3 Cincy guys literally ran into each other and fell over and my guy ran into the endzone untouched. I'd have felt ashamed if it wasn't against a computer.

This was a great game to get to try lots of different offensive plays. Hopefully it pays off against our next game, at home vs LSU. LSU's defense is just a *little* better than Cincy's I swear I thought Cincy was good when I scheduled them. Their offense was fine but it's their defense that was just abysmal. I hope I don't come across as a jerkface because I can beat the crap out of a terrible CPU defensive team...

In other news, the human vs human game is in the 2nd half and is a close one! We should be able to advance by 8:15 PM EST at the latest. Good luck in the matchup!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

GG RA. That crossing play over the middle was fricking annoying, I'm surprised I was able to come up with a temporary bandaid on those last two drives.

Just amazing, our guys were breaking tackles downfield great.

I think it came down to the fact I was still fresh at the end, I had just woke upabout 5 minutes before game time. This thing's still kicking my ass (glad I didn't have voice on, you would have thought that a frog was playing you)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-06-2009 at 07:15 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #22
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, at least I was worried for a reason. Foz beat me 42-38. I knew I was in trouble when he went for it on 4th down and tried the fake FG. The first pick I threw was freaking stupid. I spazzed and instead of throwing it away, I threw it away to the defense.

I also got a little too cute with 4 minutes left to go and up by 3. I should've kept hitting you.

Oh well. Good game and good luck in the B12 Championship game!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing, is the Fake FG was probably the worst play I've run in years. it was "Hike" *standup* *Clobbber*
Old 01-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You'd better go undefeated!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Too late for that, thanks to Miami :P But hopefully this is the biggest threat between me and a return to the B12 title game