Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 3!!!! Files due Saturday, January 31st at Midnight!

Week 2 Schedule

Colorado vs #13 Wisconsin
Cincinnati @ #6 Oklahoma State
#16 North Carolina vs Hawai'i
#7 Kentucky @ Alabama
#8 Pitt vs Washington
Virginia @ Wake Forest
USF @ #10 Texas A&M
NC State @ Duke

#5 Arkansas has a bye

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Cincy is WVUFAN correct? I can play tonight or tomorrow after 8, most likely the same time Thursday, anytime Friday as I'm off, and afternoon Saturday.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
WVUFAN
College Starter

I can play most days after 8 (except tonight, I have a NOFL game tonight).

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Ironhead
College Prospect

Karl:

I can play any night this week after about 6:30 PM EST and will be free all day on Saturday.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Let's try for tomorrow night then.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Absolutely insane finish to the USF-A&M game. After falling down 21-0 we claw back in the 2nd half. Tied 24-24 I completed a pass up to the 41 yard line and spiked the ball with 2 seconds left. I lined up for a field goal but Karl called a timeout to ice me. I didn't think there was any way I would hit the field goal so I decided to try the old hook and ladder play. This is what happened:

I actually missed the pitch man coming across the field but the end result was the same. Greatness score 2695! A&M wins a crazy fun game 31-24. Great game Karl and good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-27-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

How does one upload a video to EA Sports World?

The Pitt defense got a little mixed up today and decided to try the "break don't bend" style of play. After giving up two TDs of greater than 50 yards and two FGs to enter halftime down 20-17, the real Pitt team decided to show up in the second half to score 33 unanswered points for a 50-20 win. The offensive charge was lead by RB Collins with 124 yards and 4 TDs.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Absolutely insane finish to the USF-A&M game. After falling down 21-0 we claw back in the 2nd half. Tied 24-24 I completed a pass up to the 41 yard line and spiked the ball with 2 seconds left. I lined up for a field goal but Karl called a timeout to ice me. I didn't think there was any way I would hit the field goal so I decided to try the old hook and ladder play. This is what happened:

I actually missed the pitch man coming across the field but the end result was the same. Greatness score 2695! A&M wins a crazy fun game 31-24. Great game Karl and good luck the rest of the way.

Ugh. It sucks when such a great game ends with yourself on the losing end. Ironhead had a rough first half, and we played decently enough to get that 21-0 halftime lead. They say it's easier to play when you're behind, and harder when you're ahead. That statement certainly held true for this game.

This is the second straight season that we've had a big lead @ a highly-ranked human opponent, only get clipped at the end. I made plenty of mistakes, but Ironhead made a lot of great plays (including the one at the end, obviously) to find a way to win.

Just gotta get back at it again next week.

GG Ironhead....nothing but class.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bah. My game has a decent scratch in it. Thankfully at the video store by my house they have a machine that works wonders and has fixed this disc before. Took me a few times before I noticed. I'll play tomorrow once fixed.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Make sure to actually beat Wisconsin once it's fixed.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

NC State beats Duke in Durham 31-7. It could have been much worse, I pretty much ran up the middle most of the game and let the clock run to try to limit any potential injuries.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado knocks off #13 Wisconsin 48-45 after a last second FG from Adam Garcia. It was set up off a bomb to our true freshman WR Butler, who caught a hail marry to the 10 with 7 seconds left.

The RB's stole the show though, as Darrell Scott had 24 carries for 243 yards and 2 TD, as well as 2 catches for 90 yards and a TD in the air.

John Clay for UW had 23 carries for 221 yards and 2 TD, including a sick 92 yard TD run.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
How does one upload a video to EA Sports World?.

After the game you have the option to go through all of the highlights and save up to 5 plays to your Xbox. You can find all of your saved highlights in "My Shrine" and you should have to option to pick which ones you want to upload. To be honest I don't remember if you have to sign up on the website before doing it though.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Um.

Wow.

I don't even know how that happened.

We score 49 unanswered points and end the half up 49-7. I do a mass sub near the end of the 3rd when it is 56-7 and we win 76-19.

We start out the game with a good drive, then a punt return td, then a couple of pick 6's by one of my senior CB's and it just all went down hill for Wake Forest after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

WVUFan and I are still trying to synch up for our game.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #16
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
WVUFan and I are still trying to synch up for our game.

I'm hoping we can get this taken care of tonight.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
WVUFAN
College Starter

Logan:

Great game. There's times when you realize that the other player is simply better than you, and you showed it tonight. You're also a very classy player, since you and I both know you could have put on another 21 points on me, and didn't.

Great game, and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Very kind words man, I appreciate it. Us Big East guys gotta stick together

Oklahoma State defeated Cincy by the score of 55-29, but trust me, it was much closer than that.

I jumped out to an extremely quick 24-0 lead about halfway through the 1st. I was shutting down the Cincy O and forcing punts, one in which Charles Mays returned for a TD and another where he took it back to the 5. The first quarter ended with us up 31-7.

Before I knew it WVUFAN clawed all the way back to 31-29! It was unbelievable...all of a sudden I couldn't stop his mobile QB and his WRs were running wild. Likewise, I couldn't move the ball at all. Just a hell of a comeback, got me extremely nervous.

But when Cincy started throwing the ball more, especially way downfield, I was able to pull off some INTs which I took advantage of, running two back for TDs I believe. With the lead building, Cincy was forced to throw more, and again some of my boys were in the right place at the right time.

We grinded the clock down a bit and were happy to escape with the win. Like I said, it was a hell of a comeback by Cincy...welcome to the league, you're a welcome addition.