Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 12 Has Begun! Deadline is 2/4/09 at 10PM

This week's only human vs human game is Washington (6-4) at bhlloy's #18 Oregon State (7-2).

The biggest game of the week is KingNeb's #1 Kentucky team (11-0) vs #5 Tennessee (9-1.)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy,

I'd really like to play either tomorrow or Sunday if possible. Let me know what you have available. The only time I can't play tomorrow is from 12 central until about 1 or 2 PM due to watching the IHOF bowl which my team is in. Otherwise, I'm wide open tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Holy crap...Kentucky is #1? Florida State must have lost to Clemson then.

This is great news for Colorado, as they now control their own destiny for a spot in the national championship game.

Glancing at Tennessee's roster, I think they are the best team "on paper" that Kentucky has faced all year. Their great QB combined with a scary RB and a great defense means my game won't be as easy as playing some phony top-10 teams (cough, South Carolina, cough). I'm just glad the game is at home this year. I better be ready when I play the Volunteers or else I may hear a loop of Rocky Top on my home field. I haven't been this nervous for a game against the AI since I played Florida about halfway through my first season. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Good luck to everyone this week!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Yep, Clemson knocked off Florida State and setup the Cinderella scenario for Colorado. Next week's showdown between Texas and A&M will determine who Colorado plays in the Big 12 title game. I'm still scared of Fozzie but I'm scared of Texas too.

Good and bad news on the field this week. Good news is we moved to 11-0, the bad news is that it was sloppy again. A 49-35 win over Western Kentucky is nothing to write home about. Hawkins had another sketchy day and the defense gave up chunks of yards and one big TD play. Ran back the opening kickoff for a TD or this might have been real close.

One more chance to get this tight and right against Nebraska and then we'll get ready for the conference championship. Can't believe we're No. 2. Miracle.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Ironhead
College Prospect

With all of my late game luck lately I was bound to get my comeuppance sooner or later. Maryland stuns BC with a last play hail mary for a touchdown and wins 20-17. As disappointed as I was with the result I can't say it isn't right. We struggled most of the game and almost walked away with the victory anyway.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
bhlloy
Coordinator

Can do tomorrow morning pretty much any time after 10am PST before the Super Bowl - let me know.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey - can we push it back to around 12:30-1:00 PST? Have a house to get ready for a SB party and a ton of work to do this morning. Let me know if that is too late and I can try and do earlier...
Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just checked back into this thread. 12:30-1:00 PST works perfectly for me.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm hanging out in the dynasty headquarters and doing a bit of reading. Just send me the invite when you get on and are ready to play.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola -

If things don't work out today (which is looking like a possibility), what times are you available Tuesday and Weds, bhlloy? I've never taken a signing day off before but I decided to do so this year, so I have the most free time on Weds.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #11
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry EF, I have had zero internet access since about 11am this morning... if I'm back up after the Super Bowl do you want to play then? Otherwise I can do anytime after 5pm PST on Wednesday, and probably 5pm-7pm PST on Tuesday (depending on what time I have a soccer game that evening)
Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No problem, I understand internet outages as we've had a few lately as well. If I'm not too tired, after the Super Bowl should be fine. Otherwise, Weds night would be the best for me.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy, I'm wired after that game, so I'm up for playing if we start soon (say soon after the Post game coverage.) Let me know if your internet is up. Otherwise, as early as possible Weds is my preferred time.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-01-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
bhlloy
Coordinator

edit - never mind something came up. sorry. it will be the first thing I do when i get home on wednesday if that works for you

Last edited by bhlloy : 02-01-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Weds night will be better at this point. I can also play Tuesday night if you prefer. Just let me know when you can play. I've got the whole evening free Weds and most of it free Tuesday.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford came away with a lopsided victory against the lowly 2-8 Washington State Cougars this evening, by a score of 73-17.

Andrew Luck completed 44 of his 54 passes for 400 + yards and 8 TD's. Toby Gerhart ran for nearly 100 yards on 18 carries, and 9 different receivers caught a pass, while 5 different receivers caught TD's. The points we gave up were on longer TD passes where this one wideout broke 3+ tackles in the secondary after the catch...I hate that :P

That wraps up the Pac-10 title, and next up is the rival Cal Bears in The Big Game.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-01-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats on the conference title! Is it looking like a berth in the Rose Bowl against Ohio State?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

That's my guess. I haven't looked around much to see who I would be playing, but that's probably right. You know, you can't duck me forever. I'm going to harrass you all the live long day when we start scheduling OOC for next year

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-02-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Have to wait.. anyone tell me how texas did last week? A texas loss last week or this week knocks them out of the divisional hunt.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #20
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm almost positive Texas won. I recall looking at the standings and seeing they were slotted for the Fiesta Bowl. You're not out of the woods yet.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 02-02-2009 at 04:17 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
BigDPW
College Prospect

Ended up beating Miami yesterday after I had to restart the game. For some reason my 2 year old is drawn to the green circle that is the 360 power button and on Saturday insisted on pressing it while I was across the room despite my objections.

It was nice to get another win and I am hopeful it will allow me to tie up some recruits since I have lost quite a few I had verbally committed on my recent losing streak.

Only guy I have signed remains the top QB in the nation which was probably my least needed position I am recruiting.
BigDPW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #22
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oklahoma State beat Baylor. Forgot the score.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

#1 Kentucky defeats #5 Tennessee 56-21 to wrap up a 12-0 regular season. It was definitely the most talented team we've faced all year but we were able to keep them mostly in check. Other than a stupid INT I threw and two 67+ yard TD's by the Volunteers, I shut them down. I was really proud of my defensive play. My two senior CB's combined for THREE INT's and I think that setup our offense. We were able to control the ball a lot and I did everything I could to get the ball into the hands of my playmakers. I definitely tried to use all of the weapons at my disposal against a team that has speed at every position. I finally got my big play of the game when my Heisman-caliber QB took off on a 60+ yard run for a TD. It was the only time I beat Tennessee for a big gain all game and it came in the 4th quarter to seal the game.

I was seriously freaked out about this game and I'm just glad I made it through with a victory. After getting on the field with Tennessee, I got to see up close exactly how talented they are. Just glad we're in the clubhouse for now (until the SEC title game).

Our victory came at a cost though. I lost one of my HB's for a while. I hope he's back in time for the bowl game. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You know, you can't duck me forever. I'm going to harrass you all the live long day when we start scheduling OOC for next year

And I will continue to ignore you Ya know, if I was in the Big Ten (like I had originally voted) then there's a chance we could have met in the Rose Bowl this year. Maybe in NCAA 2010

All that's left before we can advance is the Pac-10 human vs human matchup. Also, Fozzie & Galaxy have to do their recruiting. After that we're good to go. Good luck in the big Pac-10 matchup!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy, I'd like to do as early as possible Weds. Let me know when is good for you.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #25
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
#1 Kentucky defeats #5 Tennessee 56-21 to wrap up a 12-0 regular season. It was definitely the most talented team we've faced all year but we were able to keep them mostly in check. Other than a stupid INT I threw and two 67+ yard TD's by the Volunteers, I shut them down. I was really proud of my defensive play. My two senior CB's combined for THREE INT's and I think that setup our offense. We were able to control the ball a lot and I did everything I could to get the ball into the hands of my playmakers. I definitely tried to use all of the weapons at my disposal against a team that has speed at every position. I finally got my big play of the game when my Heisman-caliber QB took off on a 60+ yard run for a TD. It was the only time I beat Tennessee for a big gain all game and it came in the 4th quarter to seal the game.

I was seriously freaked out about this game and I'm just glad I made it through with a victory. After getting on the field with Tennessee, I got to see up close exactly how talented they are. Just glad we're in the clubhouse for now (until the SEC title game).

Our victory came at a cost though. I lost one of my HB's for a while. I hope he's back in time for the bowl game. We'll see what happens.

And I will continue to ignore you Ya know, if I was in the Big Ten (like I had originally voted) then there's a chance we could have met in the Rose Bowl this year. Maybe in NCAA 2010

All that's left before we can advance is the Pac-10 human vs human matchup. Also, Fozzie & Galaxy have to do their recruiting. After that we're good to go. Good luck in the big Pac-10 matchup!

Our recruiting should be finished.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #26
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Bhlloy, I'd like to do as early as possible Weds. Let me know when is good for you.

I'll be home by 5pm PST at the latest unless work goes crazy - does that work? Do you want me to ping you online or just log onto Live?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Send me a PM on here if you don't mind. That time works for me.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy, are we frozen up? I can't believe I wasn't in a prevent to stop that bomb at the end of the half (not to mention that I didn't do a better job on the sticks to stop it with the 1-on-1 coverage.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #29
bhlloy
Coordinator

ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh. that was horrific. good game EF, but that made me want to throw my tv out the window.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Fun game tonight between Washington and Oregon State. We were in the perfect coverage early in the game to get a pick 6 in the flats that set the tone for the game as it put us up 14-3. We looked to be heading into halftime with a nice 24-10 lead (and we would be getting the ball back), but in a move that might get our defensive coordinator fired, we allowed the TE to match up 1-1 down the middle of the field and he got a bomb and turned it into a 80 yard TD when their was only 13 seconds in the half remaining before that play.

We took better care of things in the 2nd half as our defense had a few big stops. Washington upsets Oregon State 41-24. I had a blast playing you, bhlloy. Looking forward to it again next year.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Galaxy, you have a bit less than 2 hours left to finish up recruiting before we advance.