Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 13 Has Begun! Deadline is 2/9/09 at 10PM

Karlifornia's #9 Virginia squad (9-1) travels to face RA's #10 Oklahoma State (8-2.)

No other human games this week, but SirFozzie's #13 Texas A&M (9-1) has a big game hosting #6 Texas (10-1.)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington lost out to USC on a FB that we wanted, but we did close on several important recruits this week:

HB Obadiah Williams has been a top target all year. The 4 star HB is the 34th HB in the nation, but we love his combination of speed, elusiveness, and and acceleration. Only issue is suspect hands that may prevent him from starting if we stick with our spread offense.

SS Brent Beverly is a 3 star safety who was 8th in the class and one of the top kids in Washington. Glad to lock down this local kid. Great speed for a safety and very good instincts in zone coverage.

DT Russ Thomas was a critical signing after losing out on a DT to Stanford a week or two ago. Russ is a 4 star 313 pound player who should be a big run stopper for us.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well, the Big 12 Title Game is now set. The Aggies nearly (but NOT QUITE) through away a 24 point 2nd half lead and defeated the #6 Texas Longhorns 45-33 to win the Big 12 south. They have a non-conference game against North Texas next week, but will play Colorado in the Big XII title game.

Defense was key, as we returned a pick for a score and a fumble for the score. The QB was his usual self, throwing two picks (one for a Longhorn score, the other one set up another Longhorn score), but throwing 4 TD's,
Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Karl, let me know when you can play. I just found out that I will leave for El Paso on Sunday, so need to get the game in before then. I'm good with pretty much any time.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, RA, I STILL can't believe I beat you and you're still ranked ahead of me.

Stupid voters!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Karl, let me know when you can play. I just found out that I will leave for El Paso on Sunday, so need to get the game in before then. I'm good with pretty much any time.

I can play every day after 3:30 pacific time. Today, tomorrow, Saturday...It's up to you
Old 02-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I can play every day after 3:30 pacific time. Today, tomorrow, Saturday...It's up to you

How about today at 4 PM Pacific, 6 PM Central?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
BTW, RA, I STILL can't believe I beat you and you're still ranked ahead of me.

Stupid voters!

Both of my losses were by less than a touchdown (combined I think). Smart voters!

I can't believe it either. Then again, I beat Texas.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How about today at 4 PM Pacific, 6 PM Central?

Sounds like a plan, Stan.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Be there or be...well, I'll see you then. Gotta do my recruiting before then!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Both of my losses were by less than a touchdown (combined I think). Smart voters!

I can't believe it either. Then again, I beat Texas.

So did I!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So did I!

Heh. You just did. I wouldn't be surprised if you jump ahead now. Then again, if I beat Karl...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

grrrrr...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

The conference championship game matchups are set. They are:

ACC: Clemson vs Virginia
Big XII: Colorado vs Texas A&M
SEC: Kentucky vs LSU

Should be some good matchups there. 4 of the 6 are human teams, so they should be entertaining. The Big XII one is by far the biggest matchup, as it's the only human vs human matchup AND it features the #2 team in the country trying to claim a spot in the national title game. Notre Dame & West Virginia are hoping for a slip-up by Kentucky and/or Colorado so they can sneak into the title game.
---
So, Kentucky's big win over rival Tennessee was seen by 15 recruits and we got a commitment from...(drumroll)...ONE recruit. Argh. That makes a total of two recruits we've signed so far. We're at the top of a dozen or so recruits' lists, so hopefully we can at least get to 20 recruits. I don't expect us to get to 25 unless some crazy run happens at the end. We'll see though.

Everyone get your recruiting done ASAP so we can advance early
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good game Karl. Honestly I don't think I deserved to win (although when my TE fumbled in the endzone for my first drive of the 2nd half that was BS). It was a really sloppy game. You ran a lot of zone coverage which I have problems with, but I got you with the slant passes. I could tell the WR screens were killing you too.

I couldn't stop your running game. Your RB is a frakking beast. Anyhow, I couldn't get my running game going when my freshman QB got knocked out for the game on the first play.

We move to 9-2, so good luck jumping ahead of us Foz. BTW, my losses were by a total of 5 points. You lost big to a Miami team that's 6-5.

Anyhow, next week we play Clemson and will give them another loss. I can't believe they have us scheduled for the freakin Emerald Bowl right now. What a shame!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I've completely lost my ability to beat any human team.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The Cardiac Kids of Colorado showed up again, although there was slightly less drama than usual. A 28-14 lead slipped away to 28-all.

That's when we fumbled to turn the ball over again and Nebraska was knocking on the door. The defense came up big with an interception ... however, the defensive back's momentum carried him into the endzone and the officials ruled it a safety. Nebraska's up 30-28 early in the fourth quarter, and following our free kick had the ball at our 47. They ended the drive missing their third field goal of the game. Colorado comes down to score a TD with a two-point conversion, then got the ball back and kicked a field goal for the 39-30 final.

Recruiting sucks. I have one stinkin' recruit, and I'm running second on all the big guys I want. This recruiting class is going to be my worst ever -- and I mean ever, not just online.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

btw, good game RA. You can probably imagine I'm bummed out about the tough loss. I gave it away more than you did...4 times to 2 I believe. That was definitely the difference. You have a good passing attack. It was hard to stop in that second half.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #19
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
btw, good game RA. You can probably imagine I'm bummed out about the tough loss. I gave it away more than you did...4 times to 2 I believe. That was definitely the difference. You have a good passing attack. It was hard to stop in that second half.
Thanks. Honestly when it was 21-10 in the first half I wasn't worried. When it was 28-17 in the late third (fourth?) quarter, I almost gave up. I'm not sure I stopped you once on downs...or if I did, then it was only one time. Your ground game was devastating.

I can say that if I had played your game, I would've started a thread titled "I need a new TV because I threw my controller at it."

Speaking of which, this game was a lot like my game with Foz, which we played at Texas A&M. I was winning for most of the game and then he came back to win at the end. You were winning for the entire game up until the end. It is much, much more difficult to play a human opponent on the road. I'm fairly certain that if we had played at Virginia, you would've stomped me.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was just disconnected from Xbox Live (not sure why) late in the 1st quarter with Washington State. We are currently beating them 14-7. I'm going to finish the game and hope that I can connect to Xbox Live by the time I finish.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-07-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Everything went right for Washington against the intrastate rivals. We had a season high 9 sacks as a team. Locker had his best rushing day of the year thanks to 2 long runs. We even got a WR end around to work for a 66 yard TD run (that play never has worked for me before.) 49-13 win for Washington.

All that is left is for WVUFan to play his game and for Sun Tzu to recruit. There is a decent chance we can advance early.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:13 PM   #22
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Crap, I thought I had already recruited. I'll jump on in about an hour.