Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Season 2 National Championship Week has Begun! Deadline is 3/5/09

Good luck to both participants. Due to the unexpected delay in getting to this week, I added a few extra days to the deadline. Of course, I'm sure we'll all be happy if we can advance earlier.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Go Big 12!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sounds like kingneb is offline until Saturday afternoon. Works for me because I've had the stomach flu the last two days and I'm not on the top of my game right now. But I'll be be around Saturday and Sunday to try and get it in this weekend.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey guys. I was gone all day yesterday (got back at 3 AM).

Anyway, how about Sunday night? Hopefully that gives you enough time to recover. I was thinking maybe sometime between 10-11 PM EST on Sunday night. How does that sound? I'll post here again when I have a better idea of what I'm doing on Sunday. I may be able to play earlier, but the later evening sounds good to me right now.

Let me know. Uh, go SEC!!!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I can do Sunday night, although earlier would be better. Anytime Sunday not during the MU-KU game is fine by me.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Greetings again. Probably anytime after 5 PM EST today would be fine with me. I'll check back on here in a bit to see the status. Try to post a specific time we can meet. Good luck in the hoops game
Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Coming on 5 pm EST. I'll hop on the Xbox and see if you're around. I'm good to go any time.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Colorado 59-31 to win their second straight national championship. It started off with THREE TD's in the first two minutes of the game and Colorado quickly led 14-7. We were able to score as time expired in the first quarter and took a 21-14 lead. It was 28-17 late in the first half and we drove and kicked a FG as time expired in the first half and led 31-17. We came out clicking on offense in the third quarter. We were able to run the ball effectively in that quarter and scored 21 points in that quarter and took a 52-24 lead into the fourth. We just held on from there.

The difference in the game was definitely the turnovers. My team has won the turnover battle all year and it was again the difference in the game. Colorado threw three INT's, two of which were returned for TD's. I intercepted the third one in the end zone. All three INT's also took place in Kentucky territory, so they stopped what most definitely would have been three scoring drives.

It was fun playing against you man. We were both laughing so hard at the explosive offense in the first quarter. Good times

EF27, we're good to advance! If you could do us a favor and make a list of all of the players leaving early, I know we would appreciate it. It's good to know what we need to recruit here in the offseason.

Again, good game chief and best of luck in the Big XII next year
Old 03-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Congratulations to your back-to-back national champions, kingnebwsu's Kentucky Wildcats, a 59-31 victor over Colorado.

We gave it the ol' college try. Colorado was up 7-0 and 14-7 with 4:31 left to play in the first quarter. The barnburner we expected was under way. Kentucky tied it at 14-14 and then the game began to unravel. Colorado's starting RB Darrell Scott was knocked out of the game with an injury that set the tone for the day.

Cobb picked off a Hawkins pass for a pick-6 and it was 21-14 Kentucky on the last play of the first quarter. Hawkins also got hurt on the play and missed a few plays of the next drive. Colorado then blinked again, settling for a field goal on a 4-minute drive to make it 21-17. Kentucky scored in :19 seconds to make it 28-17. Colorado then made its second huge blunder of the game, failing to convert a fake field goal. Kentucky managed to drive within field goal range and make it 31-17 at the half.

Sadly, I was almost glad to only be down 2 scores at the half. But I had to kickoff to start the second half and kingneb held the ball for 4:13 in scoring to make it 38-17. Hawkins then threw another pick-6 to make it 45-17 and it was over with 1:53 left in the third.

The two teams exchanged two more TDs Kentucky intercepted Colorado in the end zone on our last gasp drive and ran out the clock.

It was the offensive showcase everyone expected. Neither team punted. Both teams passed for over 300 yards. The only moral victory for Colorado was holding Locke to just 68 yards rushing.

Congrats to Kentucky. Another incredible season and title. Way to go! Here's hoping for a rematch next season!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Grats to Kingsneb on his title, and an atta boy to the chief for a hell of a year.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to both teams on fine seasons. I'll be advancing in a few minutes and I will definitely post a list of all of the guys leaving early.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I thought I'd feel better in the light of day but the loss is still sticking to me.

I can only blame myself. Kingneb made picks on two plays that I over relied on and jumped the routes. I made simple mistakes on those throws that you can't make against a good team. The fake FG was poor execution -- I thought I selected a play designed to go to the right and it turned out my receivers went left. When my QB rolled out, there was no one to throw too and kingsneb had the run contained.

I gave up big plays on the throws downfield where it's just a jumpball. Jumpballs are not my forte. I'm not good at them but I may have to learn to be good at them.

Kingsneb beat me hard. He deserves it and I'm not whining. I thought he was an offensive monster but honestly it's the defense that's almost as stifling. Take away those turnovers and this game goes down to the wire. His ability to force turnovers is simply incredible. I'm in awe. That was the game.

Maybe I'd feel better if half my team wasn't turning pro or transferring to Arkansas!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Your guys were so mad at me that they all went to Arkansas so they could beat me in 2011

Turnovers were seriously the difference in this game. I did focus more on the run in the second half once the lead got to four TD's, but I didn't ease up at all. Take away 2 TD's I got on the pick-sixes and add 1 TD when you threw the pick in the end zone, and it goes from being a four-TD lead to a one-TD lead...and at that point all bets are off.

I said throughout the game (and the dynasty) that my defense only really stops people by the turnover and that held true in this game as well. Three INT's plus the turnover on downs (fake FG) equals the difference. Zero punts forced by my defense. I can't remember my turnover +/- for the season, but I do remember that it was easily #1 in the country. Something like +35. Hopefully next year's game will allow a variance in the types of games played as opposed to this year's game where holding an opponent under 20 is considered a minor miracle.

One other thing I've learned by playing the AI is to always assume the fake on special teams & you'll be much better off than the extra handful of yards you'd get by setting up a good return. It was a huge turning point in the championship game.

Honestly I think losing your HB to injury really "set the tone" so to say. It's almost as if the game really started going my way when your guy got hurt. It was early in the game, but I think it definitely affected the outcome.

Getting user picks is something that a lot of people set as a house rule in their one-player dynasties to make them more challenging. I'm a big jerk so I go for 5 INT's every game...even when I'm up by 30 against the AI.

I feel fortunate that I won the game...but more importantly I'm glad it was against another user instead of the AI (last year against Purdue was more like a Holiday Bowl beatdown instead of a title game matchup).

My downfield passing was surprisingly effective. I thought it would be non-existent without my star WR, but my backup came in and scored on two big TD's.

Good luck in the offseason replacing all of the guys you've lost
Old 03-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congratulations kingneb for two in a row! Also, congrats kcchief for getting the B12 to the championship game!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote