Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Offseason!!!! Player Cuts due Tuesday!!!!

Players Leaving

Colorado: SS Patrick Mahnke (Draft), HB Darrell Scott (Draft), CB Jonathan Hawkins (Draft), CB Daniel Alexander (Transfer to ASU)

Arkansas: HB De'Anthony Curtis (Draft), ROLB Jerry Franklin (Draft), RG Seth Oxner (Draft), LOLB Jermaine Love (Draft), QB Jim Youngblood (Transfer to Ark State), WR Jarius Wright (Transfer to Ark State)

Kentucky: LE Antwane Glenn (Draft), RB Derrick Locke (Draft), RG Will Jude (Transfer to IU)

NC State: SS Roy Mangram (Draft), CB Gary Grant (Transfer to BGSU)

North Carolina: DE Quinton Coples (Draft), Marcus Davis (Transfer to WKU), LOLB Marcus Bratton (Transfer to WKU)

Oklahoma State: CB William Cole (Pro Draft), WR Mike Smith (Transfer to ASU), HB Trevor Williams (Transfer to ASU), LG Taurean Thompson (Transfer to KSU)

Pitt: No early entrants or transfers

Rutgers: No early entrants or transfers

Texas A&M: LE Tony Jerod (Draft), HB Cyrus Gray (Draft), CB Derrick Hall (Draft), WR Jeff Fuller (Transfer to NMSU), MLB Kyle Mangan (Transfer to NT)

USF: RB David Arrington (Transfer to Mem), SS Clint Black (Transfer to Vandy), WR Tim Rhodes (Transfer to Mem)

Virginia: DB Ras-I Dowling (Draft)

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Transfers

Checked this out and transfers, if you have any, are automatically accepted so we're skipping this phase.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Recruiting Week One - Files due Tuesday March 17th!!

Have fun!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Oh shit.

Dowling leaving is a HUGE blow.

That sucks. So guys will leave just cause they're rated high? His stats weren't all that stellar, so it's only because he had high ratings I would think.

My defense is taking a HUGE step back this year. I'm replacing a lot of mid-high 80's guys with high 70's guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

I always forget the order of things - does that mean transfers happened already? Did you happen to write down who transferred to us?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I always forget the order of things - does that mean transfers happened already? Did you happen to write down who transferred to us?

I cannot view who transfer to you, only who transfer away. You can find out on your roster screen when we get to that part.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

Word is Darrell Scott went early just to avoid another shit performance against Ok State.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I cannot view who transfer to you, only who transfer away. You can find out on your roster screen when we get to that part.

Gotcha - thanks!

Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Side note - do you extract these draft classes? Just curious.. I don't even have madden, but it would be funny if someone wanted to track these guys through a madden career.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Side note - do you extract these draft classes? Just curious.. I don't even have madden, but it would be funny if someone wanted to track these guys through a madden career.

Yup they're there. I don't have Madden but if someone does I'd love to see some drafts.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

Mangram leaving hurts my defense pretty badly. But Roberts didn't go pro, so I probably have no room to complain at all.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just waitin on 4. Keep it up.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Players Leaving

Arkansas: HB De'Anthony Curtis (Draft), ROLB Jerry Franklin (Draft), RG Seth Oxner (Draft), LOLB Jermaine Love (Draft), QB Jim Youngblood (Transfer to Ark State), WR Jarius Wright (Transfer to Ark State)

We shouldn't be too hurt by the players leaving early. Curtis, despite being our all-time leading rusher probably was going to be the 3rd string this season behind Ricky Bowling and incoming freshman Michael Myers. Losing Love will hurt the most, need to find someone to replace him.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Down to 2!! Let's take a guess at just who those two might be?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

Not me, I've been done for............seconds.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Not me, I've been done for............seconds.

dammit I didnt' want to be last.

My 360 just froze trying to connect to XBL. Assuming that doesn't happen again... I'll be done soon.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

done
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 2 Recruiting: Files due Wednesday

Huge haul for Colorado ..

5* DE Jason Goodman
5* RB Josh Atkins
4* OG Tony Britt
4* P Charles Jackson
4* RB James Jenkins
4* DE Johnny Stegall
4* SS Ricky Sherman
4* CB Craig Freeman
4* WR Lee Benjamin
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

It really is painful to see what you guys get. You just got a better class in one stage than I will have for the entire season.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 03-16-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #20
Logan
Head Coach

If it makes you feel better, I've beaten him 3 times and finished ahead of him every year and he's killing me in recruiting.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, I've beaten him 3 times and finished ahead of him every year and he's killing me in recruiting.

I won't even turn this into something about you being gay .. because you're right.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
It really is painful to see what you guys get. You just got a better class in one stage than I will have for the entire season.

You still finished better then me this year and I am losing my entire offense in Darrell Scott and Cody Hawkins.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #23
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:

Thank god for that. We would be pretty screwed if you actually knew what you were doing off the field.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A lot of guys are already done recruiting. Insane. Love how quick everyone is moving.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #25
Logan
Head Coach

Done...wanted to make sure I got this in before a possible long St Pats night.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #26
Logan
Head Coach

Last stage I got two recruits I really needed...the #4 tackle and a speed RB in Zach Holt.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
You still finished better then me this year and I am losing my entire offense in Darrell Scott and Cody Hawkins.

Well, I'm losing a TON of my roster..

I think I could deep into the mid 70's in rating.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #28
wade moore
lolzcat

That being said - happy to lock up some guys i've been working on since recruiting started.

I think recruiting should go well this year and in a couple of years we'll be a lot better than we are now.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're movin well. cmp is logged in now, and after that it's just Brian, Gram and Ironhead. Chances are we'll be advanced tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #30
cmp
Pro Rookie

Nice week for Arkansas. A lot of these guys are three star players but I'm not worried at all about their ratings because they are fast. We will be a much much faster team this season.

4* Pat Webb - WR - A- speed
4* Jonathan Coker - FS
4* Gerard Cook - SS - A- speed
3* Issac Sayler - WR - A speed
3* Ryan Davidson - RB - A speed
3* Matt Williams - RB - A speed
3* Jason Johnson - G
3* Early Moore - G
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #31
Ironhead
College Prospect

I will get my recruiting in when I get home from work tonight around 6 or 7 PM EST.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #32
Radii
Head Coach

NC State advanced to a 5* prestige program, from 3* to 5* in two seasons, i didn't realize that was possible without making a BCS game.

I'm pretty much done with recruting, I'll have a very solid class with 16-20 players, but I don't have anything left in the tank to add to my class like some of ya'll have been able to(I also had more success in season than I ever have before).
Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #33
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I will be online most of the night tonight, so I'll get the current recruiting week done and the next one if we happen to progress tonight.

I hope I got some more recruits this week. I've only locked up 2 so far and even though I have a bunch that look promising, I won't feel good until there are a few more commits.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #34
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

No offense, but I hope Sean Mooney breaks a hip in pre-season and never plays in the NCAA. He gave me a soft-commit no less than 3 times and finally signed with Rutgers. Bastard.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
No offense, but I hope Sean Mooney breaks a hip in pre-season and never plays in the NCAA. He gave me a soft-commit no less than 3 times and finally signed with Rutgers. Bastard.

That's rough dude.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #36
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Recruiting Week 3 Files Due Thursday

Picked up a 4* OLB and 4* WR
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're down to 4 guys .. Logan, Ironead, Mike and Karl. Hopefully we can advance tonight
Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah make sure to send me another annoying PM in about 4 hours when I'm home from work.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #39
wade moore
lolzcat

I've gotten almost all of the guys locked up that I've been targetting for awhile.

Now it's just the guys that I started to try and cherry-pick late in the season.

Best one that I seem to have a bead on is a 4* ATH.

Question for you guys. How do you evaluate ATHs? At this point I essentially am just getting the most 4* guys I can so I'm not that concerned about what position they translate to - but I will at some point. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #40
Logan
Head Coach

You can get a sense of what position they will be rated highest at (when it comes time for position changes) by looking at their ratings, and which position-specific ratings are displayed first. If things like route running, catch in traffic, etc are there, chances are you'll be using him as a WR.

I'm sure that's not 100% accurate, and a guy could probably end up being a better RB with a 72 rating than he would be a WR with a 77 rating.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #41
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
We're down to 4 guys .. Logan, Ironead, Mike and Karl. Hopefully we can advance tonight

I just finished, but it's funny...seems like they are still 4 guys left. Ironhead, Mike, Karl, and DETOXROX!

Prick.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #42
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
You can get a sense of what position they will be rated highest at (when it comes time for position changes) by looking at their ratings, and which position-specific ratings are displayed first. If things like route running, catch in traffic, etc are there, chances are you'll be using him as a WR.

I'm sure that's not 100% accurate, and a guy could probably end up being a better RB with a 72 rating than he would be a WR with a 77 rating.

Ok, good info. Hadn't even thought that far ahead yet, but definitely good to know.

I meant more in the recruiting phase though - sorry, didn't word my question well .

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #43
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
I've gotten almost all of the guys locked up that I've been targetting for awhile.

Now it's just the guys that I started to try and cherry-pick late in the season.

Best one that I seem to have a bead on is a 4* ATH.

Question for you guys. How do you evaluate ATHs? At this point I essentially am just getting the most 4* guys I can so I'm not that concerned about what position they translate to - but I will at some point. Any thoughts?

Each position has a certain set of ratings and order these ratings are displayed in. For example, if you take a look at the wide receiver position all recruits at the position will have the same attribute categories displayed. These attributes are also listed in the same order. Now take a look at a safety and the skills that are displayed are different and in a different order.

Probably 99% of the time you can tell the position an athlete will be ranked highest at by matching up their displayed attributes and order of these attributes to the regular position players.

You could always gamble and hope that the player might also project to a different position (i.e. the recruit that looks to project at defensive end also has blocking ability that is not displayed on the screen and could be an effective fullback). I have found that athletes that can truly play both sides of the ball effectively are fairly rare. Most of the time the displayed position will be just about the only one they are good at.

When I recruit athletes I am looking for a player whose letter grades would project them very highly at their displayed position. I also occasionally look for athletes that have bizarre speed/strength combos and hope they can be molded into unusual players.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-18-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Each position has a certain set of ratings and order these ratings are displayed in. For example, if you take a look at the wide receiver position all recruits at the position will have the same attribute categories displayed. These attributes are also listed in the same order. Now take a look at a safety and the skills that are displayed are different and in a different order.

Probably 99% of the time you can tell the position an athlete will be ranked highest at by matching up their displayed attributes and order of these attributes to the regular position players.

You could always gamble and hope that the player might also project to a different position (i.e. the recruit that looks to project at defensive end also has blocking ability that is not displayed on the screen and could be an effective fullback). I have found that athletes that can truly play both sides of the ball effectively are fairly rare. Most of the time the displayed position will be just about the only one they are good at.

When I recruit athletes I am looking for a player whose letter grades would project them very highly at their displayed position. I also occasionally look for athletes that have bizarre speed/strength combos and hope they can be molded into unusual players.

Cool - great input, thanks a ton!

I mostly just went after 4* guys or 3* guys that had an attribute I really liked (like A or A- speed for instance). Good to know when I need to get stingier with my recruiting.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #45
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Done only one left is DETOX!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #46
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Done only one left is SLOWTOX!

Fixed.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #47
Logan
Head Coach

Hahahaha...well done, both you guys.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thank you Mike Dipaolo and Wade Giraldo.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 4 Recruiting: Files due Friday by 3 PM

Aim for 3 PM. I am going out of town. We're doing it in 24 hours or so anyway.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #50
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

It's truly amazing how one man can wind up delaying the entire league.

It's rather appalling.