Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 1!!! Files due Tuesday, March 31st!!!

Week 1 Schedule

#13 Colorado vs Colorado State
#19 NC State @ #23 Oklahoma State
USF vs #9 Texas A&M
#16 Virginia vs FIU
Rutgers @ Boise State
#2 Arkansas @ Missouri

#6 North Carolina, #18 Pitt and #22 Kentucky have byes

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado opens the year 52-14 winners. Our D is solid, but our O needs some work. It is rough that I am breaking these guys in vs Arkansas, USF, Ok. State and A&M but we'll give it our best shot.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
sabotai
General Manager

So I spent about an hour or so practicing with my team. My TE....well, I tried to recruit one. Now I have two walk ons. After the practice, I realized it's going to be a really long season.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas takes cares of Missouri 77-28 but our defense didn't play like I had hoped.

The offense seems more explosive than last year. Tyler Wilson was 19-20 for 221 yards and 5 touchdowns. Ricky Bowling ran the ball 21 times for 224 yards and 2 touchdowns. Freshmen Michael Myers ran the ball 16 times for 170 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also caught a pass for a touchdown.

Next up is Colorado. I'm very nervous about that game so we'll see what happens.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Logan, I can't reliably play Friday, I'll be around but unlikely to be able to steal an hour w/o getting bothered by work. Any day after that I can play whenever the NCAA Tournament games aren't going.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Ironhead, I will be available Friday until about 7:30 eastern, and and same on Saturday, and I have two night shifts in a row. Sunday I'm pretty sure I'm good to go any time.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Ironhead, I will be available Friday until about 7:30 eastern, and and same on Saturday, and I have two night shifts in a row. Sunday I'm pretty sure I'm good to go any time.

Lets shoot for 1 pm EST on Saturday?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Lets shoot for 1 pm EST on Saturday?

Ok. Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
sabotai
General Manager

We threw 4 picks, had 1 fumble and lost OLB Abreu, by far the best player on my team, for the entire season in the second quarter, but still managed to get the 27-17 win over Boise State.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

This game made it clear to me that this is going to be a very tough season.

We're now a 77 overall and have some glaring deficienies. We beat FIU 45-20, but that was only with a kickoff return TD and two INT's for a TD (and a garbage, run-up-the-score TD at the end).

Pretty concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

btw - once I finished my game the only thing left was the two human v human games. Looks like one is today at 1pm, Logan hasn't responded to Radii yet about a time.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry, wasn't around all day yesterday. Radii I'm with you, I can do it anytime Sunday that doesn't bump with the games. If that doesn't work, I can play Monday anytime after 7ish.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Ironhead gave me a pretty good beatdown, 34-14 in Tampa. I thought I did pretty well to keep it at 13-7 at the half, even though I was thoroughly outclassed on both sides of the ball. The second half saw Ironhead's Aggies pull away. I'm not sure what my team needs to do. Play better?

GG, Ironhead. I think you have a title in your future.

Oh and I got stopped twice on 4th and 1, which is probably the most depressing play in football.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Ironhead gave me a pretty good beatdown, 34-14 in Tampa. I thought I did pretty well to keep it at 13-7 at the half, even though I was thoroughly outclassed on both sides of the ball. The second half saw Ironhead's Aggies pull away. I'm not sure what my team needs to do. Play better?

GG, Ironhead. I think you have a title in your future.

Oh and I got stopped twice on 4th and 1, which is probably the most depressing play in football.

Thanks for the kind words. I have a feeling Logan and DeTox might have something to say about the title though.

You made some really nice stands when you kept my tailbacks out of the endzone from right on the doorstep. In general you did a really nice job keeping the running game in check but we picked up massive yards on special teams. Generally special teams has more to do with the talent and depth of the team rather than the person with the controls.

Again, good game and good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Sorry, wasn't around all day yesterday. Radii I'm with you, I can do it anytime Sunday that doesn't bump with the games. If that doesn't work, I can play Monday anytime after 7ish.

Lets do Monday at 7:30 eastern?

With UNC playing the late game tomorrow I can make no promises about my reliability tomorrow evening.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Boo, slowzies!

Quote:
Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Boo, slowzies!

Logan and I have been the last two to finish pretty much every week for the last month+, I consider it a miracle if this game gets played at all!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #18
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I have a feeling Logan and DeTox might have something to say about the title though.

Well I hope I have a shot at the title too.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Lets do Monday at 7:30 eastern?

With UNC playing the late game tomorrow I can make no promises about my reliability tomorrow evening.

That works, I'll see you then.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Well I hope I have a shot at the title too.

I can't even really hope to get back to the title game unless I can finally beat Logan. I may have won the division last year but I still consider Logan to be the better player and gatekeeper. He has beaten me fair and square for three years running. Had he not slipped up against Missouri last year he would have represented the Big 12 South in the championship game. With a win there against DeTox he would have had a shot at the title himself.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #21
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
With a win there against DeTox he would have had a shot at the title himself.

And we ALL know how that would have turned out.

Thanks IH...our games have been great, I'm sure the tide will turn eventually.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

BTW, Radii if you happen to see this...I can get our game in this morning if you're free. Just PM me or look for me on XBL if it's a go, no problem if we have to wait til tomorrow of course.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #23
Logan
Head Coach

Took care of my recruiting...finally got a nice quick commit, a 6'6", 300+ 4* DT with great tackling and awareness.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Note to self .. Do not allow Oklahoma State to make return trip to NC State next season.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Note to self .. Do not allow Oklahoma State to make return trip to NC State next season.

Hey logan want to push our game back to Tuesday at 11pm!?!?

Last edited by Radii : 03-29-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #26
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Hey all. I'm back from vacation and will get my recruiting in today sometime. Good luck to all this season.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #27
Radii
Head Coach

so has anyone ever had it load up the wrong roster and uniforms when you try to load an online game? When logan invites me to play, I'm getting Clemson's playbook and uniform, and if I invite him to play he's getting Rutgers stuff.

Oh, and either time we try to invite the game is insta cancelled.

god XBL pisses me off sometimes.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
so has anyone ever had it load up the wrong roster and uniforms when you try to load an online game? When logan invites me to play, I'm getting Clemson's playbook and uniform, and if I invite him to play he's getting Rutgers stuff.

Happened when Logan and I tried playing once. Tell him to check that no one he lives with is downloading, that was our problem before. Otherwise reboot your modems.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #29
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:

Something similar happened in my game with Karl. He said the first time we tried to match up he ended up with Georgia Tech's unis I believe. I also couldn't set myself to ready. Once I backed out I also couldn't reinvite him to the game. He sent me an invite though and then everything worked fine. Maybe both of you should shut off your consoles and have the home team invite the other person?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

ahh, interesting. I've had my own connectivity issues in the past so I never have any idea whose side the problems are on. I've rebooted my laptop and router to no avail so far.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #31
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah no one is in my apartment besides me, no other issues at all.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:59 PM   #32
Logan
Head Coach

Me and detox just booted up an exhibition game without a problem, so it's either on your end or a dynasty problem. Fuck.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Try resetting your XBL to Initial Setup on the system settings. Worked for me before. Otherwise go to the main modem and unplug that. It'll reset everything.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #34
Radii
Head Coach

reset DSL, reset router, reset xbox live initial setings. no changes. It seems like there are just some people I aboslutley cannot connect with with this setup. Same thing happened with sirfozzie trying to play BC awhile back. While most people I can connect with no problem.

I give up, let logan play me on CPU
Old 03-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #35
Logan
Head Coach

No clue whats going on.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #36
Radii
Head Coach

yeah me neither, but 2 hours fucking with it to no avail is enough, and its clear that its on my side, probably due to the fact that I'm going through my laptop's wireless to connect to my wireless router for XBL. If it just didn't work it'd be one thing but I know some others here have a similar setup, and it works flawlessly for every non-NCAA09 thing i've ever done, and it works fine for like 90% of the NCAA09 stuff I've done.

But when it doesn't work, its such a massive huge waste of time with no ability to troubleshoot whatsoever. Totally not worth it.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #37
Logan
Head Coach

Have you tried maybe connecting for an unranked game with a random person just to see if you can get into a game?

I'm not going to speak for everyone considering we're at the deadline but if that works, and we could be given an extra day, I'm okay with trying again tomorrow. Unless there's really something out there which says "some users can't connect to each other for no apparent reason and they will never be able to matchup," I have no clue why this is happening.

Bottom line I don't want to be given the CPU game just because of a shitty situation -- neither of us deserves to be punished. Detox, if it comes to one of us going against the CPU, just flip a coin and figure out who gets to play. I'm in this to play against you guys...if my national title hopes come crashing down because Radii beats my CPU-led boys, I'll be just fine with a return to a Big XII title .

edit: I think I'm something like 7-1 vs humans in this game (hello nej), and I dropped two vs the god damn computer last season, so this may not be an advantage for me.

Last edited by Logan : 03-30-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #38
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Deadlines not until tomorrow so if you guys wanna try it again by all means.

Run the XBL connection test. I bet the problem is that (and the name escapes me) but you probably have whatever it is, it'll tell you, set to restricted. it needs to be at least moderate or you'll have trouble connecting. There is a fix online but its somewhat complicated. You can google it but like I said I forgot the connection now.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola- It's the NAT setting.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #40
wade moore
lolzcat

I've had this problem in the past with the PS2, but not with XBL. It might be worth totally laxing the security on the router temporarily to see if that helps.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

See if this helps .. I think there is more to it possibly:

Which ports are required to be open for Xbox LIVE on your router or firewall
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #42
Logan
Head Coach

Radii I'm not going into work tomorrow, so if you get this worked out tonight check to see if I'm on. I'll keep peeking on here.

Last edited by Logan : 03-30-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #43
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Run the XBL connection test. I bet the problem is that (and the name escapes me) but you probably have whatever it is, it'll tell you, set to restricted. it needs to be at least moderate or you'll have trouble connecting. There is a fix online but its somewhat complicated. You can google it but like I said I forgot the connection now.

Yeah I've been through that before. But with the new 360 dashboard i don't even know how to view that stuff anymore. Just watched a couple episodes of how i met your mother, ready to try again
Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

actually, from the site linked above

Quote:
You only need to open ports if, when you test your Xbox LIVE connection from the Network Settings screen, a yellow warning triangle appears between the Internet icon and the Xbox LIVE icon. The triangle indicates that you have a Network Address Translation (NAT) problem. For more information about NAT, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

I have no yellow warning when I test my connection. All green/clean.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hmm. Can ya connect the 360 to the modem with a wire?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmm. Can ya connect the 360 to the modem with a wire?

sadly no. different level of the house,hundreds of feet away, and not really feasible to temporarily try to rewire everything for this.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
sadly no. different level of the house,hundreds of feet away, and not really feasible to temporarily try to rewire everything for this.

Understandable. Just one of the fixes I read about.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #48
Radii
Head Coach

looks like a unranked game against BrianD loaded right up.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #49
wade moore
lolzcat

This is why I just sucked it up and bought the $100 adapter .

Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #50
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If it doesn't work tomorrow I can set one to autopilot or just sim it. Anyways, food for thought.