Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 9 Has Begun! Deadline is 5/20/09 at 10PM

The big human vs human game this week is Mississippi State vs Kentucky. Oklahoma State also has a big game as they will place #1 Oklahoma this week.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

kingnebwsu, when would you be able to play? I'm available Saturday after 10 and anytime Monday except between 6 and 9 EST.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'm working tonight (Saturday). I'm able to play Sunday night (not sure when exactly I'll be available, but I know I can play that night). Later on Monday night would work...like maybe 10 or 11 PM EST (though I may be home as early as 9). Tuesday night I have inventory and I think I'm off on Wednesday.

My life has been pretty busy lately as you can see, so hopefully we can find a time to play the game. Should be another epic human vs human game
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I'm working tonight (Saturday). I'm able to play Sunday night (not sure when exactly I'll be available, but I know I can play that night). Later on Monday night would work...like maybe 10 or 11 PM EST (though I may be home as early as 9). Tuesday night I have inventory and I think I'm off on Wednesday.

My life has been pretty busy lately as you can see, so hopefully we can find a time to play the game. Should be another epic human vs human game

I could play tonight anytime after 10 or Monday anytime after 10. Either will work for me.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey again.

Post here or PM me if you want to play tonight. I would be willing to start the game anytime between 10 PM and 11 PM EST. If tonight doesn't work then we will plan on playing the game Monday night. I will try to get home by 10 PM EST, but it may not be until 10:30 or 11 PM EST. Regardless, let's definitely plan on getting the game done today or tomorrow. Don't want to hold anyone else up.

I will check back on here at 10 PM EST and throughout that hour to see if you've posted/PM'ed. Hope to see you soon
Old 05-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Hey again.

Post here or PM me if you want to play tonight. I would be willing to start the game anytime between 10 PM and 11 PM EST. If tonight doesn't work then we will plan on playing the game Monday night. I will try to get home by 10 PM EST, but it may not be until 10:30 or 11 PM EST. Regardless, let's definitely plan on getting the game done today or tomorrow. Don't want to hold anyone else up.

I will check back on here at 10 PM EST and throughout that hour to see if you've posted/PM'ed. Hope to see you soon

I just got in, I can play if we can start in the next 15 minutes. If not tomorrow night will work.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

So Mississippi State and Kentucky were in a high-scoring shootout between the two top-ranked offenses in the country. I scored to tie the game at 45-45 when I get the message "your opponent has quit the game."

Apparently the game disconnected the two of us for some reason. Super lame. It was a great game featuring defensive TD's, a Heisman candidate at HB for the Bulldogs (who was eating me alive), and NO injuries. And we're going to try it again tomorrow.

We're both pretty bummed. It happened with 4:19 to go in the 4th quarter and I was about to kickoff to him. Wow. This sucks more than anything in NCAA 09 has ever sucked before. Boo.

cmp, did you get the same message? I was wondering what it said on your end.

Oh well. This is very frustrating. We're going to try and play again between 10 PM and 11 PM EST on Monday. Hopefully we'll be able to complete the game then (and it will be just as epic).

See you tomorrow man...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So Mississippi State and Kentucky were in a high-scoring shootout between the two top-ranked offenses in the country. I scored to tie the game at 45-45 when I get the message "your opponent has quit the game."

Apparently the game disconnected the two of us for some reason. Super lame. It was a great game featuring defensive TD's, a Heisman candidate at HB for the Bulldogs (who was eating me alive), and NO injuries. And we're going to try it again tomorrow.

We're both pretty bummed. It happened with 4:19 to go in the 4th quarter and I was about to kickoff to him. Wow. This sucks more than anything in NCAA 09 has ever sucked before. Boo.

cmp, did you get the same message? I was wondering what it said on your end.

Oh well. This is very frustrating. We're going to try and play again between 10 PM and 11 PM EST on Monday. Hopefully we'll be able to complete the game then (and it will be just as epic).

See you tomorrow man...

Yup, I got the same exact message. That sucked, such a great game that was going to have a great finish.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I will definitely be on by 10 PM EST. See you soon
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Definitely looking forward to King/cmp playing their game (to completion this time). I'll be getting my game in now.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
kcchief19
Pro Starter

What a bummer on the kingneb/cmp game. That sucks.

Colorado took a torpedo to the side of their season with a 31-29 loss against Texas. CU was rattled the entire game for some reason -- we just couldn't seem to get anything going. Texas took an early 14-0 lead and it looked like it was going to get ugly. By the middle of the third quarter, it was 31-7 Texas.

Then we scored and convert the two-point conversion to get to 31-15. We force a punt and score again to make 31-23. Amazingly we get the ball back again to make it 31-29 but Hawkins was stopped inside the one on the conversion. There were only about :45 left and we had only one timeout so we went for the onside kick. We recovered the kick but it didn't go 10 yards. Texas ball, game over.

The Big 12 North is still a mess so if we win out and get some help we could still win the division outright. We would win head-to-head against any other team other than ISU (who won't finish 5-3) but I don't know what NCAA uses for three-team tie breakers.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Mississippi State 55-41 in a game that wasn't as epic as yesterday's unfinished game.

Mississippi State was quickly up 14-0 on two big plays (one passing and one running). The Bulldog D absolutely shut me down early on and forced me to punt several times AND forced a first quarter INT. Mississippi State had two or three possessions where they could have gone up 21-0, but thankfully my defense made the plays to keep the game in check. It was actually a defensive battle early on.

Then my offense found their big plays. He absolutely shut down my short passing game so pretty much all of my pass completions were big over-the-top plays against his short zone coverage. The first TD I got through the air was absolutely huge, as it opened up some holes for my running game. That's when my HB Chris Smith started to have the game of his life. His line was something like 22 carries for 260+ yards and 2+ TD's. It was ridiculous. I've never had a HB with a game like that. And he didn't get hardly any yards until I got the first TD through the air.

The big turning point of the game happened on a 4th down around my 35. Mississippi State dropped back for a pass, scrambled around, saw nobody was open, so the QB looked like he was going to run for the first down (7 yards or so). I took my LB and pursued the QB and he threw it over my LB...right to my cornerback. My guy took it all the way back for a pick-six, and the game was never the same.

Thankfully I got a bit of a lead so I was able to take his stud HB Burns out of the game. He is an absolute beast (and tore me up in last night's unfinished game).

Today's game was quite different than last night's game. We both had 3.5 quarters of gametime against each other coming in, so both of us knew what to expect from the opponent. This helped me to keep his HB in check. I don't know how my HB had the game of his life. I had some decent runs, but two really long TD runs really boosted his total yardage.

If he stays healthy, I think his HB Burns will win the Heisman. That's my bold prediction.

Good game, cmp. We both have some work to do, but if I can beat Georgia (and a few others) and you can beat Arkansas & Mississippi (and a few others), then we will meet again in the SEC championship. Hopefully that comes to pass. Good luck the rest of the way

No rest for the Wildcats, as we host WVUFan's Arkansas team next week. Plus we still have games against Tennessee and Georgia. I'm just glad I won at least 1 of the games against SEC humans. I knew I had to at least split with them to have a shot at the SEC title. We'll see what happens in the next game.

Good luck to everyone else in this week's games.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #13
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I think that's the first time cmp has lost in either league. Congrats, neb.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
kcchief19
Pro Starter

If Colts and I had lost connecting during our game last week, I would be getting bids on removing an Xbox 360 from my drywall and getting the replacement costs on a 52-inch TV screen.

Good game, guys. Congrats to neb and and tough break for cmp.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

yep...well done neb. You've definitely earned everyones respect by taking on all comers this year.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #16
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Shame about the reconnect, but 96 combined points is pretty impressive.

Come on KC, you have to run the table!!! Of course, I'm being way too premature. I still have Oklahoma AND Texas on my slate, so there's no guarantee I can make the run either. If either of those teams have a lot of speed, my team will be in trouble.

I'm getting my stuff in later tonight.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

After I jumped out to that lead my offense just stalled. I could stop the option and the short passing game but had no answer for the bombs. Good game neb.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Texas A&M 41, Baylor 29...but the game wasn't really close. It was one of those classic NCAA moments that annoy me about this game sometimes. Since this was a rivalry game, Baylor naturally plays above itself. But they got the benefit of 2 onside kicks, a first down off 3rd and 20 off a tipped pass, a kickoff TD return where the WR seemed to pick up and throw my LBs like they were rag dolls, and a few other head scratching plays. A win's a win so I can't complain. It's just EA's Robo-QB in the 4th quarter.

The shame was the score overlooks the solid play of the defense. 4 interceptions! A very good performance till the 4th quarter.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I wasnt able to get my game in the other day...or today. I guess I'll have to get it in tomorrow mid-dayish.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford played Arizona State in Tempe, AZ today. It wasn't really much of a game. More of a tune up in preparation for the USC/Washington/Oregon State back to back to back games that we have coming up after the bye. Backup to the injured Andrew Luck, Alex Loukas had a breakout game. Going 28-38, with 543 yards and 7 TD's. Freshman sensation Wideout (and Heisman candidate) Scott Ealy caught 9 of Loukas' passes for 295 yards and 4 TD's, racking up nearly 150 YAC yards in the process. His counterpart, Senior wideout Marcus Rance hauled in a few passes for 100 yards as well. Our defense had 10 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, and 4 interceptions. To top everything off we also had a kick return for a TD in a second straight game.

final score
Stanford - 78
ASU - 28

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 05-20-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

There's definitely not much statistical realism in our leagues.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #22
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

With the current state of console football games, I think that's asking a bit much
Old 05-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #23
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
There's definitely not much statistical realism in our leagues.

True. Unless the CPU just decides to keep things close, it's fairly easy to run up the score against a weak opponent. I did it once just to see how I could do it. In my Indiana dynasty I had a killer senior class one year. We were clearly the best team in the nation. We played Cal in the national title game and we won 118-17. I never let up, the starters never rested, I was passing constantly. While it was somewhat entertaining to see how high I could get the score, it wasn't a very exciting game.

Frankly, I prefer a game that was like the one kc and I had. The score was high, but that was because of the 4 OTs. The stats were pretty much realistic. I prefer those types of games. I'm not sure we'll ever see a game where you'll get a lot of defensive struggles....the public wants a game that has big play ability....but I get more excited in a game that has one or two big breakaways as opposed to one where you can break one constantly.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You're welcome everyone, especially B12 guys. OSU won the Bedlam game 61-56. It shouldn't have even been that close. IMHO #1 OU sucks balls. I was winning 21-0 when they came back and scored two TDs off a KR and a fumble return. They got another TD off another fumble return. I think my QB fumbled four or five times. There was never any doubt to the game's outcome...especially when I stopped on my third beer at halftime (couldn't let that be the excuse!).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
BigDPW
College Prospect

I had originally posted to resign from the league due to time pressures but after firing it up this week I realized I have a bye anyway for this week and really would like to try and see this season through if that is okay with you guys. Sorry to flip flop on you guys. I want try and keep the league moving as much as possible so if time continues to be a problem for me I will quietly bow out (again).

Derek

Last edited by BigDPW : 05-20-2009 at 07:09 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I remember how stressful taking the oral boards in child psychiatry were and how limited my free time was. Best of luck with your boards and if I get 2010, I look forward to playing with you in a league again.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
You're welcome everyone, especially B12 guys. OSU won the Bedlam game 61-56. It shouldn't have even been that close. IMHO #1 OU sucks balls. I was winning 21-0 when they came back and scored two TDs off a KR and a fumble return. They got another TD off another fumble return. I think my QB fumbled four or five times. There was never any doubt to the game's outcome...especially when I stopped on my third beer at halftime (couldn't let that be the excuse!).

Your fruit basket is on the way. Good win!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 AM   #28
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Your fruit basket is on the way. Good win!

Thanks. You should have no problem at all with them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote