Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 11 Has Begun! Deadline is Monday 6/1/09 at 10 PM

The big human vs human game this week is Boston College at North Carolina State.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Ironhead
College Prospect

BigDPW:

Here is my availability for our game.

Thursday - 8 pm est to 11 pm est
Friday - 8 pm est to midnight
Saturday & Sunday - any time
Monday - 8 pm est to 11 pm est
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
BigDPW:

Here is my availability for our game.

Thursday - 8 pm est to 11 pm est
Friday - 8 pm est to midnight
Saturday & Sunday - any time
Monday - 8 pm est to 11 pm est

My availability is roughly the same but always is pending my work schedule which is variable and how long it takes to get the kids to bed. Why don't we try to get it in either tonight or tomorrow night and then leave the weekend for backup. I will look for you about 8pm tonight or post if something comes up.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll be getting in my game against USC sometime either Friday night or Saturday during the day. I really wish I had Luck for this one.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I think we head to Rocky Top for our toughest remaining road game of the season. This & Georgia are the only road blocks to playing for the SEC title. Hopefully the Volunteer HB (who got me pretty good last year) has moved on to the pros. I hope to play my game this weekend.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
My availability is roughly the same but always is pending my work schedule which is variable and how long it takes to get the kids to bed. Why don't we try to get it in either tonight or tomorrow night and then leave the weekend for backup. I will look for you about 8pm tonight or post if something comes up.

Sounds good, I'll be on live at 8 pm est.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
BigDPW
College Prospect

Just got home. Let me get a feel for if I will have time. I will post in a couple minutes if things look good for tonight or if we need to look at tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
BigDPW
College Prospect

Give me about 10-15 minutes and I will be on live.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC and NC State played a low scoring, close defensive matchup through 3 quarters. The score was still 10-10 pretty far into the second half. The momentum swung BC's way in the 4th after the turnover bug bit the Wolfpack. The Eagles just protected the ball the rest of the 4th and walked away with a 27-17 win.

Good game BigDPW. Your run defense was fantastic, I really had no where to go all game long. Before Haden took that short pass all the way I thought we would go deep into the 4th quarter locked up 10-10.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #10
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Just like last week, we went into halftime with a slight lead. Unlike last week, we didn't play tentative in the 2nd. Texas A&M wins a big rivalry game over Tech, 57-24.

More importantly, I'm losing recruits right and left. All my 5 star prospects are gone now. The last 2 got soft commits to Texas and Miami. Not cool. Our recruiting class looks to be weak...and I'm sure that has something to do with my philosophy being different from my predecessor's. I tweaked things, got a 4 star right off the bat, and have since lost out on 5, all 5 stars. Oh well...still time to salvage things I guess.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:22 AM   #11
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
BC and NC State played a low scoring, close defensive matchup through 3 quarters. The score was still 10-10 pretty far into the second half. The momentum swung BC's way in the 4th after the turnover bug bit the Wolfpack. The Eagles just protected the ball the rest of the 4th and walked away with a 27-17 win.

Good game BigDPW. Your run defense was fantastic, I really had no where to go all game long. Before Haden took that short pass all the way I thought we would go deep into the 4th quarter locked up 10-10.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Until the last 4 minutes or so I thoroughly enjoyed this game. We both mades a couple big plays but it was pretty close to the vest most of the way as we pretty much broke up 99% of the big play opportunities through 3 quarters. We each had an opportunity to take the division lead with a win. It was a sluggfest basically that was low scoring then I made a couple bonehead throws backed up to my own endzone in the 4th quarter with my poorly rated QB (Russell Wilson) and BC made me pay a severe cost.

I congratulate Ironhead on a great game the other night. You played a great fair game. I think you will do a great job representing our division against UVA in the ACC Title game.

I may just start the true freshman the rest of the way now at QB. RW threw some on the run late and the ball literally was about 10-15 yards off target.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
WVUFAN
College Starter

I hate Boston College -- got that fantastic 5-star QB that I was a close second for -- and now looks like they're gonna get the OLB that was second on the list.

You suck, BC

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I hate Boston College -- got that fantastic 5-star QB that I was a close second for -- and now looks like they're gonna get the OLB that was second on the list.

You suck, BC

Thank you, thank you. The QB does look amazing. Unfortunately the league will probably end before I get more than 1 season out of him.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado fell behind 14-0 to K-State before rallying for a comfortable victory -- I believe the final was 51-28. A final Big 12 victory against Nebraska will clinch a North division title and setup a rematch with Texas A&M.

I don't think I'll win -- I played a near-perfect game last time and still lost to Colt. And I don't want to disrupt an A&M-Stanford title game. But I really want a rematch.

It would be nice to say I lost five games, three of them to teams playing for the national title.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Colorado fell behind 14-0 to K-State before rallying for a comfortable victory -- I believe the final was 51-28. A final Big 12 victory against Nebraska will clinch a North division title and setup a rematch with Texas A&M.

I don't think I'll win -- I played a near-perfect game last time and still lost to Colt. And I don't want to disrupt an A&M-Stanford title game. But I really want a rematch.

It would be nice to say I lost five games, three of them to teams playing for the national title.

Trust me, should we make it to the rematch, I'm anything but overconfident. I remember several plays that I had to pull out. You could win a rematch just as easily as me. The Game II. I'll be rooting for you against Nebraska...and please do the same for us vs. Texas. I'm already ticked they keep stealing my recruits. That's got me all frustrated right now. Texas landed a 5 star QB, just what we need against us in the Big 12.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

With my starting QB out, and my starting HB banged up, Stanford hosted USC and wasn't expecting the greatest results. We traded blows, and I witnessed a good amount of "wtf?" moments throughout the first 3 quarters...dropped wide open passes, fumbles inside the 5 yard line, and super human feats to get a first down on 3rd and long.

When USC went up by a TD on the last play of the 3rd quarter, I started to think that there was no way it was going to let me win this game. Too many crazy things had gone wrong, too many balls had bounced in their favor, but on the very first play of the drive my HB took a screen pass, followed his blockers, broke one tackle and ran 80 yards for a TD. We stopped them on their next drive, and then drove down the field punching it in with just over 3 minutes left. Unfortunately, USC wound up tying it up with just over 2 minutes left. My next drive went 3 and out (ugh...with a chance to go up too)...and USC burned up one timeout. So now USC has a chance to win the game...the ball is in their court. So...they take the punt to their own 30, and drove down the field hitting clutch play after clutch play to the 26 or 27...great now their in field goal range, and on third down I got my only sack of the game to drop them back to the 35. So, they try the field goal from 52 yards out to go up by 3 with about :50 left in the game. The kick is long enough...looks good...looks good...but it JUST misses to the right. So, I take over with about 45 seconds left on my own 42 yard line and all 3 timeouts. My kicker has a great leg, so I know if I can get to the 35 or 36 and center it then I should be able to kick the game winner. I drive down little by little, using up timeouts along the way...but saving one for "just in case". I get to the 40 yard line, it's 3rd and short, and there's :12 left in the game. I throw to my HB over the middle who is absolutely wide open, but as usual the game says "nuh uh uh" and the throw is 5 yards off to the left...right at one of their LB's. "here we go" I think as soon as I see the trajectory of the pass, but my HB adjusted very well, and jumped in front to snag the pass and get blasted as soon as he caught it. Amazingly he held on.

So, now there is :07 left, I'm on the left hashmark, with about a 42 yard field goal to win it. USC burned their last timeout to ice my kicker, which isn't usually a big deal, but on a long kick from the far outside hashmark, it can be difficult. So, I aim, and kick...but it's too far left. Well...at least at first...it's a good thing it's a long kick because the ball starts inching right...little by little, and by about 3 centimiters the kick skirts past the left upright and is good. So, this puts me up by 3 with :02 left in the game. You can imagine that now I'm thinking "I have to kick it off to them now...ok catch-up code lets see what you've got for me now". They took the kick to the 25 and were greeted by several defenders, and Stanford preserved it's undefeated season for one more week.

Final Score
#6 USC - 42
#2 Stanford - 45

Next week is a very tough game against EF27 and his Huskies.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 05-31-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Way to go Stanford!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky demolishes "rival" Tennessee 63-10. Our defense played one of the best games I've seen and we quickly jumped on them 35-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. We forced 3 early INT's and several punts. The only TD we gave up was on a deep pass I threw that got intercepted and returned 90 yards for the TD. Lame.

Oh well, we got through the game with a win and without any injuries. 3 games left, with the only meaningful one being at home against Georgia. The winner of that game will represent the SEC East in the conference title game in 4 weeks. Hopefully we pull it out so we can rematch against the Bulldogs.

Only Mississippi State & Oregon State have games left to play this week.