Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2011, Week 6 - Deadline 6/11 (Thursday) at 11 pm EST

Everyone is in action in Week 6.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-13-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bigsmooth, I can play the following times:

Tonight, if we start within the next hour

Tuesday after 6 PM central

Weds after 6 PM central

Thursday after 7 PM central

Let me know what works for you.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Bigsmooth, I can play the following times:

Tonight, if we start within the next hour

Tuesday after 6 PM central

Weds after 6 PM central

Thursday after 7 PM central

Let me know what works for you.

I'll look for you now..
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
I'll look for you now..

Getting on now.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to two pick 6's in the first half, Washington upset USC 34-31. I thought we might pull off the comeback win when we caused a fumble on an option pitch with about 2 minutes left, but a facemask penalty negated the play and gave Washington the ball back and they punched it in to go up by 10. We scored quickly but failed to get the onside kick and Washington ran out the clock.

As always, it was fun playing you Bigsmooth. Congrats on the win.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Good game Eaglesfan. Great game summary, not much I can add. That facemask penalty seriously saved my ass though. At first I thought the penalty was on my guy tackling the player who recovered the fumble. Good luck the rest of the way.

The win should clear the path for Penn State to take the Title. We shall see.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Wow.....

Sounds like a hell of game. Is this the end of USC's chances for a three-peat?

BTW, we got revenge on the upset that the UL Lafayette gave us in 2009. I believe the final was 55-17.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My guess is it will still be a Human vs Human National Title game, but it will be PSU and Florida. Sounds like it was a good game. Bigsmooth you've always been a tough opponent, and I think I remembe you beating me in the original round robin tourney. I think I just got momentum on my side right off the bat in our game with a few big offensive and special teams plays.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Not sure who or if we play next week, but I'll be out of town from Thursday - Sunday. Just a heads up.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
Mike1409
High School Varsity

After the USC upset there was almost another in Baton Rouge. Florida was stretched to 2OT but escapes with the win.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 06-10-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

From 2009:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Wow. I should not have played tonight. Wisconsin just absolutely humiliated us 72-26. Nobody could tackle, Lewis and Chappell combined for 5 interceptions and 2 pick sixes. We just couldn't do anything right. Dropped passes, horrible decisions at QB. Our top 25 streak should come to a crashing end here. I haven't lost this bad with IU to the computer ever. I felt like I was playing with Boston College again.

From 2010:

Quote:
Exciting games in the Big Ten this week. Last season, Wisconsin thumped us 72-26 at their house. Things were looking bad for us once again after the first half, as the 25th ranked team had a 28-14 lead and had knocked out our top two running backs. Unheralded RB Trea Burgess came in and ran for 99 yards on 23 carries, and Scott Allen caught 3 touchdowns. Burgess's second running TD of the day put us on top for the first time with 10 seconds left, thanks to a missed extra point by the Badgers' freshmen kicker, Seth Nelson. Nelson had a chance at redemption with a 53 yard attempt with one second remaining, but his kick barely made it to the endzone, giving us a 35-34 victory over the Badgers. Not the total revenge we were hoping for after last year's rout, but knocking the Badgers out of the Top 25 is pretty sweet for us. GO HOOSIERS!

Two seasons ago, we traveled to Wisconsin and got handed our biggest defeat since I took the reins. The Badgers smacked us down to the tune of 72-26. Last season, we escaped with a 35-34 win at home. In Week 6, we once again headed up to Madison to face the Badgers.

The first half went poorly, as we squandered opportunities with ill-timed turnovers. In the third quarter, our 4th turnover of the day set us up to trail by three scores when the Badgers offense cashed in the turnover with a TD. Trailing 23-7, we caught a break when their kicker, sophomore Seth Nelson, pushed the extra point off to the right, keeping it a two-score affair.

We responded with a pair of touchdowns and two-point conversions to tie things up at 23-23 late in the 4th. The Badgers had enough time to drive into field goal range and did move to around our 40, but luckily their attempts to set up a long field goal failed, and they never bothered to throw one into our endzone.

In OT, we won the toss and opted to play defense first. After allowing one first down, the defense clamped down and forced Wisconsin to settle for an easy field goal. Once again, Nelson sent it right of the goalpost!

Now needing just a field goal to win, we sent Zach Longshore up the middle for an 8 yard gain. We wanted to punch it in rather than set up a field goal, since our kicker has missed extra points at times (he's got a little Seth Nelson in him, methinks), and on our second play in OT, Longshore broke through the middle and into the endzone to seal a come-from-behind 29-23 victory in overtime in front of their stunned fans. Take that, you stat-padding cheeseheads!

Last edited by Kodos : 06-11-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Huzzah!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

And how. For whatever reason, Wisconsin gives us fits.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like Sun, DeTox, and kcchief haven't played yet. Are people losing interest?
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm suprised. Sun and Dex are usually the most vocal and front-runners.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My wifes father was air lifted to a hospital today. I'm going to get my game in early tommorrow morning if you're ok with it kodos. Say...by 6:30am pacific.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope things go well for your father-in-law. Detox has the flu, so in light of events, I'm going to extend until tomorrow night.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
I hope things go well for your father-in-law. Detox has the flu, so in light of events, I'm going to extend until tomorrow night.

I guess he's going to have surgery on Tuesday...thanks for the well wishes.

I played my game this morning.

#4 PSU hosted #10 Michigan in a battle of Big 10 Powerhouses. We jumped out to a very fast 21-0 lead in the first quarter, and pretty much maintained that lead throughout the game. The CPU seemed to do everything in it's power to close that gap, including breaking 9 tackles on offense, compared to my...get this...ZERO broken tackles all game. I also had several, several drops throughout the game, and countless passes that were way off the mark. Regardless of all that, on top of some nasty catch up logic in the 4th, I still won 47-28.

DeTox is the only one left...get well soon
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

Hope everything goes well, Sun. Also, hope Dex gets over that flu quick.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sorry, all, I've had to be at work or out every night this week and didn't home from work until 9:30 Thursday. Bad timing.

Worse was that I played like crap against Oklahoma State. Without Hicks, we struggled. First quarter went great, up 14-0 and dominating. Then OSU tied it at 14 and it was all down hill. My strategy of playing to win on the road didn't work so well when I failed a two-point conversion and Oklahoma State hit a FG to go up by 4. I probably would have gotten the ball into field goal range to send it into OT but forced to score a TD my backup QB threw a late pick (I think we threw 4 in all) and that was the game.

Lesson that karma is a bitch ... I managed to get Oklahoma State into a third-down with no timeouts left. After kneeling on 1st and 2nd down, they inexplicably ran a pass play instead of running out the clock. I sacked their QB and knocked him out for two weeks.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien