Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2011 Bowl Season

We'll see if my attachment works here...

Pretty much everyone but Florida plays this week.

Matchups:

Holiday: Missouri v. USC
Rose: Indiana v. Washington
Gator: Notre Dame v. Miami
Fiesta: Texas v. Penn State
BCS: Rutgers v. Florida

Attached Files
File Type: xls 2011 Bowls.xls (16.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Kodos : 08-05-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kcchief,

I'd really like to get our game in some time tomorrow. Let me know if there is any time tomorrow that works for you.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bigsmooth - would 1:30 EST tomorrow work for you?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

We pick up action in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl between Indiana and Washington. This is Indiana's first trip to the Rose Bowl in my lifetime--and in game time, I'm 42.

Trailing 21-14 with 4 minutes left, Indiana calls an option run near the goaline.

Justin Sampson just gets off the pitch before being tackled, and backup RB Trea Burgess takes it in (Zach Longshore was knocked out of the game in the first half.)

With Two minutes left, Blake Weber threads the needle to James Maynard to put Washington back on top 28-21.

With less than half a minute left, Indiana has moved into Washington territory, but now faces 4th and long.

Chad Razzono answers the call in the back corner of the endzone with a diving catch! A couple of good defensive plays later, we're heading to overtime!

In the first overtime, Indiana wins the toss and chooses to go on defense. A turnover puts IU in great position, and a first down run moves us well within field goal range. Here is the final play of the Rose Bowl:

Trying to catch the defense off guard, Sampson looks to pass on second down, but never gets the ball off. Instead, he tries to roll away from pressure, gets hit, loses the ball, and ROLB Kurt Brown scoops it up and rumbles 69 yards the other way.

We were already in field goal range. All we had to do was run it up the middle a few times. But I outsmarted myself.

Great game, Bigsmooth. Guess you got me back for our last game...

Oh, and clipping should have been called on that last play. Did you see that guy hit my QB in the back?

Last edited by Kodos : 07-27-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Haha...very nice re-cap. That catch by Razzano was really a really sweet animation as he dives for the ball in the corner. Well done. I was really pissed after I threw that pick in OT. Then, for whatever reason, you decided to pass the ball and the rest is history. Unreal. A great way to wrap up what has been a fun League. Thanks for your Commish work Kodos, much appreciated. Looking forward to Madden!
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was trying to catch you off-guard, suspecting you would be trying to stuff the runs up the middle. Didn't work out so well...
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sadly, this loss, and the fact that Indiana is finally doing pretty well recruiting, makes we want to run RFL another season.

I guess I'll have to settle for finishing it up offline. Justin Sampson needs to redeem himself with a national championship.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

The online dynasty checker seems to be on the fritz, so who do we have left yet to play?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Galaxy
Coordinator

We lost yesterday because our kicker couldn't make a simple 24-yard fg with 1 second left.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
We lost yesterday because our kicker couldn't make a simple 24-yard fg with 1 second left.

Ouch. Although still not as bad as losing your first Rose Bowl in 4 decades because you decided to get clever in your playcalling, rather than just doing the sensible thing and running it up the gut a couple times before kicking the game-winner.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The online dynasty checker seems to be on the fritz, so who do we have left yet to play?

Kcchief and I haven't matched up our schedules yet. I'm hoping that we can play tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise, I'll just have to let him play the CPU.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Have you been talking to him by PMs? I haven't seen him around much.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sorry, I hadn't been popping in as much while I was on my RROD hiatus. EF27 PM'd me and we'll try to get our game in tomorrow. The delay was all my fault.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

No biggie.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #15
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll be playing my game after work today...should be done by 9 ESTish
Old 07-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC's defense handled the Tigers most of the day. It was a fun game, that kcchief made very interesting when he hit a late TD, an onside kick, and then completely fooled me with an option pass for another quick long TD. However, we barely got the next onside kick and answered with 1 final TD for the final score of 44-20.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

EF, sorry for such a lackluster effort. I just couldn't get into a rhythm and you thoroughly whipped me. The final was 44-20 but it wasn't really that close.

My only solace is that my run defense held up. Holding Stewart to 42 yards on 22 carries is my moral victory for the game and the season.

Sorry about that cheese play when my WR run for a first down on a passing play. I made an adjustment to get Burgess as my No. 2 wideout because he was the only guy I had doing anything and I also slid him in at backup QB for a couple of QB runs. Except the first time I called it was after a kickoff return and he was too tired, which led to you sacking my REAL backup QB. Then I wasn't paying attention and left him on a passing down and just had him take off.

It's been a lot of fun playing with and against you, even if you do always kick my ass.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC's defense handled the Tigers most of the day. It was a fun game, that kcchief made very interesting when he hit a late TD, an onside kick, and then completely fooled me with an option pass for another quick long TD. However, we barely got the next onside kick and answered with 1 final TD for the final score of 44-20.
I should have had that second onside kick too. I've never see an onside kick lay on the ground so long in this game. D'oh!

I should have run more. My two running backs had 6 carries for 49 yards and overall we ran 9 times for 79 yards. Hard to run when you're down double digits though, and the run is made just that more effective when you're down.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
EF, sorry for such a lackluster effort. I just couldn't get into a rhythm and you thoroughly whipped me. The final was 44-20 but it wasn't really that close.

My only solace is that my run defense held up. Holding Stewart to 42 yards on 22 carries is my moral victory for the game and the season.

Sorry about that cheese play when my WR run for a first down on a passing play. I made an adjustment to get Burgess as my No. 2 wideout because he was the only guy I had doing anything and I also slid him in at backup QB for a couple of QB runs. Except the first time I called it was after a kickoff return and he was too tired, which led to you sacking my REAL backup QB. Then I wasn't paying attention and left him on a passing down and just had him take off.

It's been a lot of fun playing with and against you, even if you do always kick my ass.

No need to apologize for any of that. I've put up some real terrible games at times, so I know how that is, especially since you were rusty from the RROD induced layoff. As far as the WR run, it didn't bother me at all. I would have found a way to stop it if you kept running it, and I know the Tigers like to run some Wildcat (or whatever they call it), so running it 1 time isn't cheese in my opinion.

I didn't mean to score that last TD. I was just trying to get a 1st down to end the game (you were very good with those onside kicks and I thought you got the 2nd one as well) and I knew running it on 3rd and 5 wasn't going to get it since you were stuffing my run game so effectively.

I always enjoy playing against you and look forward to future matchups.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I beat Texas 35-21. Thomas Davis had 330+ yards of total offense, including over 260 yards on the ground. He was absolutely rediculous all game. I was leading 21-0 at halftime, and the comeback code kicked in pretty hard in the 4th. They scored a TD to bring it to within 7 with less than 2 mins left, then I recovered the onside kick only to fumble it away 2 second later. I picked off one of their passes a couple plays later though, and Davis broke one to end it.

Fiesta Bowl Champs!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Okay, Mike. Here's your shot at the championship. DON'T BLOW IT!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here are the rest of the bowl results:
Attached Files
File Type: xls RFL 2011 Bowls.xls (17.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #23
Mike1409
High School Varsity

In the National Championship Game
Florida cruises to a 52-17 win!

I really would have rather played a human.

Thanks for making this a fun dynasty!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congratulations, Mike!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, Mike!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

Last edited by Kodos : 08-05-2009 at 09:57 PM.