Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

C-USA Week 11 - Files Due Tuesday, November 17th

Another all human v. human week, so if we need more time let me know.

wade vs. mike
Butter vs. Gramm
EF27 vs. cmp

Mike - Sunday morning early or Sunday evening would probably be best for me. What about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Mike - serious question.

Was that you, or did you have someone playing in your place?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cmp, I can play today anytime besides when the Eagles are playing. I can also play tomorrow evening after I get home from work. Let me know what works for you.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Cmp, I can play today anytime besides when the Eagles are playing. I can also play tomorrow evening after I get home from work. Let me know what works for you.

I could play tomorrow evening anytime after about 7:30.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I could play tomorrow evening anytime after about 7:30.

Central time? If so, 7:30 sounds good to me.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Butter, I can play anytime tonight or anytime tomorrow. Just let me know when it is good for you.

My xbox live name is bt800, what is yours?

Last edited by Grammaticus : 11-15-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Central time? If so, 7:30 sounds good to me.

Yup I'll be there 7:30 Central.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Mike - serious question.

Was that you, or did you have someone playing in your place?

That was me. I am struggling with this game, both with my skills and how it plays unlike real football.

I tried to call time out for 5 seconds at the end of the half but it wouldn't give it to me. I had never thrown a controller before NCAA10!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
That was me. I am struggling with this game, both with my skills and how it plays unlike real football.

I tried to call time out for 5 seconds at the end of the half but it wouldn't give it to me. I had never thrown a controller before NCAA10!

Huh.

The timeout thing definitely baffled me.

I'm not sure if you could hear me talking or not, but I also was surprised by the fact that, at least for the first 50-75% of the game you were doing something that allowed you to jump the snap on EVERY SINGLE play.

That and your offensive playcalling in the 2nd half had me wondering if it wasn't you because it seemed totally different than how you've played in the past.

Sorry you're frustrated with the game .

Quote:
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Butter, I can play anytime tonight or anytime tomorrow. Just let me know when it is good for you.

My xbox live name is bt800, what is yours?

Mine is agprice98. I will probably be on off and on this evening, so I will check for you.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not sure if you could hear me talking or not, but I also was surprised by the fact that, at least for the first 50-75% of the game you were doing something that allowed you to jump the snap on EVERY SINGLE play.

He probably had the defensive line set to aggressive. I do that most games as well. If the other team doesn't switch up their cadence, it will lead to a ton of jumping the snap which it shows as being done by the user but is really CPU controlled. Of course, it also makes it easier to pull the guys offsides if the opponent fake snaps.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cmp and I keep getting disconnects in the team/playbook selection screen. I seem to remember this happening to me once with 09 maybe against Wade? We've tried restarting our 360's and nothing seems to be helping. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

It's finally working now.. or at least it appears to be. We are least at the actual game now.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
He probably had the defensive line set to aggressive. I do that most games as well. If the other team doesn't switch up their cadence, it will lead to a ton of jumping the snap which it shows as being done by the user but is really CPU controlled. Of course, it also makes it easier to pull the guys offsides if the opponent fake snaps.

I tried everything.

Tons of fake snaps, different timing in the play clock, fast, slow, etc, etc - nothing mattered. It was literally EVERY snap. They jumped offsides once with a lot of fake snapping.

If that's what that setting does - it's ridiculous and i'd be in favor of banning it.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 11-16-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cmp and I played an absolutely wild game. It started off with a kickoff return for a TD by my star receiver, who later got hurt in the game for the rest of the regular season

There were a few wild turnovers including one play where my corner intercepted it but fumbled it a second later and his receiver recovered. Pettway threw 2 picks this game but neither was his fault as Cmp's defenders were relentless in hitting my receivers and one of the picks was where a receiver was flipped into the air kicking the ball up to one of his DB's.

I thought we were done when we were down 44-35 with 2:49 to go. However, Pettway put together his best drive of the game and led us to a quick score that ended with a 10 yard pass.

I tried an onside with 1:38 to go and to my shock, recovered it. This is my first recovered onside kick with this version and probably my first in 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I promptly fumbled the ball and thought we were done for sure. But, on his 2nd run Cmp's HB fumbled it and we recovered.

We marched down the field including a nice PA pass with 17 seconds left to get us inside the 5. From there Collier ran it for his 5th TD run of the day with 12 seconds left. He may be slow as molasses, but he runs hard. I'll miss him after he graduates this year. We held on to the 48-44 win.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-16-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tried everything.

Tons of fake snaps, different timing in the play clock, fast, slow, etc, etc - nothing mattered. It was literally EVERY snap. They jumped offsides once with a lot of fake snapping.

If that's what that setting does - it's ridiculous and i'd be in favor of banning it.

I'm fairly certain cmp had it on for this last game (I know I did) and while he did get some great pressure at times from it, I got him on 2 or 3 key encroachment calls. That being said, I'd have no issue with banning jump the snap.

Oh yeah, we are all set to advance.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm fairly certain cmp had it on for this last game (I know I did) and while he did get some great pressure at times from it, I got him on 2 or 3 key encroachment calls. That being said, I'd have no issue with banning jump the snap.

Oh yeah, we are all set to advance.

Yup, I had it on for two drives I think but took it off after the last encroachment call. I had never had used it before and will probably never again. Definitely wouldn't mind banning it.

Now onto the game. It was definitely fun. I never felt comfortable even with a 9 point lead, as I had my backup quarterback and backup running back in the game. I knew the strip ball was coming but couldn't do anything about it. Tried to protect ball but it just didn't work. Great game.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #18
Butter
Coordinator

The good news, I played Highland Park to a 3-3 draw in the 2nd half.

The bad news, I lost the first half 21-0.

I think his QB was something ridiculous like 17-18 passing.

I have been experimenting with offenses as the season winds down, and can't say this was much of an improvement over what I had been running out there. I guess I just don't know how to call plays v. humans!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think everyone is done and we are ready to advance.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Yup - I just couldn't get to it last night. Just advanced, about to post the new thread.

Quote: