Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 AM   #101
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
On OS in the slider section.

I can't find these either. I searched by pared in the NCAA Football section and the only sliders post was in the hypothetical sliders thread. Can you post them or link the thread?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I can't find these either. I searched by pared in the NCAA Football section and the only sliders post was in the hypothetical sliders thread. Can you post them or link the thread?

Sorry. I was confused. it is Jistic's sliders I'm using the most, not Pared's.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My basic thoughts on the two slider sets that I've been playing with the most:

I like Jistic's for a fun realistic game. I crush the teams I'm supposed to crush and I usually have good challenging games against the teams that I should. I like that he didn't change too many things from default.

Silent Nature's on the other hand provide a good challenge every game and might keep us from having a human player win the Heisman right off the bat. I like his sliders, they provide a very tough challenge in every game for me with a huge boost to the CPU running game.

I like both, but I'm playing with Jistic's in my solo dynasty from now on. Also, I'm playing on slow speed like he is, but I've tried them on "normal" speed and they seem to work fine on that setting as well.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #104
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'll have to check out Jistic's tonight, while I thought Silent Nature's were ok I never lost with them including shutting out Clemson.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #105
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Just played a half with Jistic's sliders. I was MSU @ Michigan and lead 35-0 at the half. I had 256 yards of offense to their 116. We also returned a fumble 65 yards. Kirk Cousins was 10 of 12 for 108 yards with 2 TDs, Larry Caper had 7 carries for 55 yards and a score, Keyshawn Martin busted a 64 yard run on a Jet Sweep.

I'm hoping this was a fluke. I'll try another game tomorrow night.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just reminder, I'm not home till monday of next week
Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #107
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks for the heads up. I can't see us starting much earlier than that anyway.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #108
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Just played a half with Jistic's sliders. I was MSU @ Michigan and lead 35-0 at the half. I had 256 yards of offense to their 116. We also returned a fumble 65 yards. Kirk Cousins was 10 of 12 for 108 yards with 2 TDs, Larry Caper had 7 carries for 55 yards and a score, Keyshawn Martin busted a 64 yard run on a Jet Sweep.

I'm hoping this was a fluke. I'll try another game tomorrow night.

I played one game with Jistic's sliders, and laid a major ass-whupping on Purdue with my Hoosiers. So I kind of like them.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #109
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I played one game with Jistic's sliders, and laid a major ass-whupping on Purdue with my Hoosiers. So I kind of like them.

Had 2 much better games tonight, lost at Iowa 26-21 with Minnesota and beat Northwestern 42-38 with Michigan State on a TD pass with 0:02 left.

I really think CPU running game needs a little boost, probably +5 Run Blk and +5 RB Ability, while the CPU passing game could come down a notch.

My offense went bonkers against NW, had 581 yards with Cousins going 26 of 42 for 414 with 5 TDs.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Had 2 much better games tonight, lost at Iowa 26-21 with Minnesota and beat Northwestern 42-38 with Michigan State on a TD pass with 0:02 left.

I really think CPU running game needs a little boost, probably +5 Run Blk and +5 RB Ability, while the CPU passing game could come down a notch.

My offense went bonkers against NW, had 581 yards with Cousins going 26 of 42 for 414 with 5 TDs.

Yeah, I'm thinking Jistic's with a boost to the CPU running game would be a good balance of fun/realism. I would do it by boosting Run block a bit and lowering run defense for the human a bit.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #111
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking Jistic's with a boost to the CPU running game would be a good balance of fun/realism. I would do it by boosting Run block a bit and lowering run defense for the human a bit.

I'll test a couple games tonight with CPU Run Block +5 and HUM Run Defense -5.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #112
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Played with Penn State @ Wisconsin and won 14-10, finally the CPU had a running game. John Clay ran for 150 yards on 25 carries. We ran wild on them too, with Royster having 144 yards on 19 carries (including a 72 yard TD) and Stephon Green having 62 yards on 7 carries.

I liked that result, very realistic feel to it.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #113
Kodos
Resident Alien

Lord help me, I think I am going to switch to Michigan. They have rivalries with three human teams (more fun to have rivalries against real people), and they don't have quite so far to go to compete with the elite teams as Indiana does. By the time I ever get Indiana on even footing prestige and rosterwise, the dynasty will be done and NCAA 2012 will be here.