Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #51
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I like my cupcakes.. for example I see a big maize and blue cupcake at the end of the season

That cupcake is going to take a big chomp out of your championship hopes, if you have any left by the time we play you.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Whatever those changes were pretty much crippled my team. Night and day difference between the two games I played today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Same here. I had a VERY challenging game against Cal and barely won on a 32 yard TD pass to Brandon Carswell of all people at the whistle. Barkley led us on a great 1 minute drive to end the game as we won 21-20 at Berkley.

How do folks feel about the adjusted sliders? Were these just off days, or do you think the tuner update might have made our adjustments ill-advised?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #53
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
That cupcake is going to take a big chomp out of your championship hopes, if you have any left by the time we play you.

How does it feel to be defending Michigan, Kodos? Makes ya feel dirty,don't it?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #54
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
How do folks feel about the adjusted sliders? Were these just off days, or do you think the tuner update might have made our adjustments ill-advised?

I thought they played fine.

Cal giving USC trouble doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Looks like Gilbert had a rough game against Wyoming but everybodys' stats looked more reasonable, still some big rushing games.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #55
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Kodos,

What do you think the schedule will be for Week 4? I will be out of town from Aug 29 (early AM) to Sep 2 (Late PM). Trying to get with Grammaticus to figure out if we have a chance to play our game.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #56
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

I played both of the games a few hours apart, and my team behaved completely different on both offense and defense, and Wyoming had a bit better ratings than Rice, but not the amount of difference I saw in-game. We'll see how it goes tonight against Tech.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-23-2010 at 09:11 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #57
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Kodos,

What do you think the schedule will be for Week 4? I will be out of town from Aug 29 (early AM) to Sep 2 (Late PM). Trying to get with Grammaticus to figure out if we have a chance to play our game.

I should be able to play anytime on Saturday.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #58
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Regarding the sliders, I'm not sure you will get much of a feel for slider impact in your game tonight, as it is human vs human.

The tuner toned down rushing a little bit and increased the ability for LBs to swat the ball. So far the slider set seems okay. I played a few games with them in an offline dynasty.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 08-23-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #59
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Texas beats Texas Tech 42-32. UT was up 4 near the end of the 3rd, then I fumbled leading to a UT score. Ensuing kick is another fumble (Was using RB too) and another score. Then I get hit as I throw a play later for a UT pick six. We tried like hell but couldn't make the comeback possible.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #60
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, that was definitely the turning point in the game, going from 21-17 to 41-17 in the span of about 10 plays. It was back and forth up to that point. My offense definitely played better than last game, but my defense is still playing below where they should, except in the turnover department.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

People need to save some highlights -- especially in human vs. human games.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Kodos,

I just realized that I am going to be out of town from Friday at 4 pm until Sunday night, so if we don't have everyone finish up before Friday afternoon, we will not advance until Sunday night. So Week 4 would probably run from Sunday (8/29) thru Friday (9/3). I'll change the deadline in the subject line to Sunday, but if people were to finish before Friday, that works too.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-24-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #63
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
How does it feel to be defending Michigan, Kodos? Makes ya feel dirty,don't it?

The only way I can look at it is I am still the mortal enemy of my two most hated teams: Ohio State and Notre Dame.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #64
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
People need to save some highlights -- especially in human vs. human games.

I put several up there! Including one of a tipped pass for a TD. Well, two actually, as the INT returned for a TD was tipped as well.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought it was auto uploading highlights?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #66
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I thought it was auto uploading highlights?

It auto uploads pictures. You have to manually do the video highlights.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #67
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I just realized that I am going to be out of town from Friday at 4 pm until Sunday night, so if we don't have everyone finish up before Friday afternoon, we will not advance until Sunday night. So Week 4 would probably run from Sunday (8/29) thru Friday (9/3). I'll change the deadline in the subject line to Sunday, but if people were to finish before Friday, that works too.

Shoot, it'll be tough for us to get our game in. Hopefully Grammaticus can do 9/3
Old 08-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
It auto uploads pictures. You have to manually do the video highlights.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'll start uploading some, especially for the human vs human games.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Shoot, it'll be tough for us to get our game in. Hopefully Grammaticus can do 9/3

We can always make the deadline later for human vs. human games if need be.

Uploading videos is somewhat easier this season. You save the ones you want after the game (before exiting the game), and then it auto uploads them for you. In 2009, you had to manually upload each video.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

We got off to another terrible start, as turnovers and miscues quickly put us down 16-0 in the first quarter. From there we rattled off 28 straight points, and managed to escape with a 2 score win. It is safe to say that I am not good at defense. Or Michigan's defense blows. Or probably both.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #71
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I got screwed in my game. I was up 10 points and the computer got two scoop and score fumble touch downs. Late in the 4th quarter I was down a score and had to go for it on 4th. I saw zone coverage and audibled to a nice zone beater. My WR was WIDE open heading towards the sideline and the QB pass sailed way over his head. That killed it for me. I uploaded video of both scoop and score fumbles and the pass.

I was able to rush the ball pretty good. One run had four defenders converge on Clay and he just chugged through them. I uploaded the video for that one too. The computer seemed to rush the ball on 3rd and long way to good. But I don't think that is a slider issue. The sliders seem pretty good. I hate the way the latest tuner set gave the LBs the ability to swat balls so good.

For me, this was just one of those games where it felt like the computer decided I was going down. I would have felt a lot better about it, if the school was better than ASU playing in Wisconsin.

I had a lot of recruits visiting....yikes, I hate to see the impact.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #72
cmp
Pro Rookie

Nothing like a game against Kent State to help get over the heartbreaking Alabama loss. We played well, winning 66-0. Kevin Newsome was 10-16 for 202 yards a 3 touchdowns. Derek Moye caught all three touchdowns and had 6 catches for 177 yards on the day. Evan Royster ran the ball 23 times for 242 yards and a touchdown. His backup Stephfon Green had 16 carries for 170 yards and 3 touchdowns while third stringer Curtis Dukes ran the ball 4 times for 33 yards and 2 scores.

Last edited by cmp : 08-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't know if you switched anything back for week 3, but it felt fine to me. We handled Hawaii just like I expected we should, dominating on both lines (even though we didn't get any sacks.) We won 49-10 and I really pulled up midway through the 3rd.

Crap! I meant to upload the highlights of 2 nice runs but I exited before doing saving the videos. Oh well. Bradford got some great blocking and had almost 200 yards on 20 carries.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

Same settings as Week 2.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #75
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

We rolled up Utah on the road, 38-10. Really fun game using the Multiple Offense package for the 1st time. Wanted to load a couple videos here, can't figure out how though.

Hmmm, the 2 videos were loaded to the Online Dynasty hub, but they aren't in the "My Media" area so they can be linked here. Anyway, check out the video where my safety (I'm actually controlling him) jumps the option pitch and takes it to the house!

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 08-29-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow 2010, Week 4 - Deadline is Friday (9/3) at 11 pm EST

Week 4

Eastern Michigan (0-3) at #2 Ohio State (3-0)
New Mexico State (1-1) at #5 Florida (3-0)
Kansas State (1-2) at #13 Texas (2-1)
Texas Tech (2-1) at Michigan (3-0)
Washington (3-0) at BYU (1-2)
Ohio (2-1) at #17 Wisconsin (2-1)
Toledo (3-0) at Penn State (1-2)

Let me know if you need the deadline extended.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #77
Kodos
Resident Alien

When is good for you, DeTox? Most nights are good for me after about 10 EST.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #78
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Kodos,

It looks like this game is in Week 5, not Week 4, so you guys should have plenty of time to play. I think you were thrown off if you looked at Michigan State's schedule. Wisconsion is the 4th team you play, but it is in Week 5. You have a bye in Week 4.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-30-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #79
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It looks like this game is in Week 5, not Week 4, so you guys should have plenty of time to play. I think you were thrown off if you looked at Michigan State's schedule. Wisconsion is the 4th team you play, but it is in Week 5. You have a bye in Week 4.

Yep, good time for a vacation
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #80
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A lot to a little again (season high on our side. season low on their side.)
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #81
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
When is good for you, DeTox? Most nights are good for me after about 10 EST.

Probably tomorrow (Tuesday) around 10-1030?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #82
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Probably tomorrow (Tuesday) around 10-1030?

Actually, tonight doesn't work that well for me. It's our anniversary, so I'll be spending quality time with my wife tonight. Does tomorrow night work?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #83
Kodos
Resident Alien

DeTox let me know that he unfortunately has to bow out due to his work/school schedule, so we're down to 10 owners. Let me know if there is anyone you'd like me to invite to join us.

I tried to get Pumpy to change his mind, but alas, our league will unfortunately remain Pumpy-free this year.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #84
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like I am the only one who hasn't played yet. Nice! I'll try to play tonight.

Does anyone else think we should shorten our quarters by a minute? We have a lot of high scores occurring.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #85
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think it's because we're playing so many cupcakes right now (and that we can only put second stringers in, where in the real games, third string and walk ons would get time where we are at). it's probably around the same amount of plays as a real game..
Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #86
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think it's because we're playing so many cupcakes right now (and that we can only put second stringers in, where in the real games, third string and walk ons would get time where we are at). it's probably around the same amount of plays as a real game..

Some appear to still be playing 1st string in blowouts...

Overall scoring seems high, I say we look at it when the season is over.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #87
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welp, we simply could not stop Texas Tech today. We had our chances to put them down by multiple scores in the first half, but didn't capitalize. Their QB put up over 500 yards and god knows how many TDs on us. Fuckers kicked a field goal as time ran out to rub it in.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #88
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 5 - Deadline is Monday (9/6) at 11 pm EST

Week 5

Lotsa big games in Week 5, as the Big Ten starts conference play.

#1 Ohio State (4-0) at Illinois (1-1)
#4 Florida (4-0) at Kansas (3-1)
Michigan (3-1) at #6 Nebraska (3-0)
#18 Georgia (4-0) at #7 USC (3-0)
#13 Texas (3-1) at #8 Oklahoma (4-0)
Penn State (2-2) at #14 Iowa (3-1)
#16 Wisconsin (3-1) at Michigan State (3-0)
Texas A&M (3-0) at Missouri (3-0)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #89
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I was never able to get my recruiting in for Week 4.

I started to online while on vacation but I got a stupid error then stopped after 1 guy.

Last edited by Balldog : 09-01-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #90
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Doesn't look like it hurt me too bad I guess.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #91
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oops. It looked like everyone was done. Sorry Balldog.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #92
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Oops. It looked like everyone was done. Sorry Balldog.

No worries, I just got a bunch of crap from the recruits though
Old 09-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #93
Kodos
Resident Alien

Alright! We rebounded from an embarrassing loss last week to Texas Tech with a convincing win on the road against #6 Nebraska. Go Wolverines!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #94
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Spartans knock off the Badgers 21-6. The Badgers led 6-0 at the half but Kirk Cousins was able to catch fire in the 2nd half and our defense played great. I uploaded a few highlights from my side.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #95
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wow. Looks like the Illini gave Ohio State all they could handle.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Matt Barkley got knocked out very early in the 1st quarter, but Mitch Mustain had a great day and we needed it as Georgia's offense gave USC everything we could handle. If it wasn't for 2 fumbles lost and Georgia failed to convert 4th and goal from the 1, we would have had a different result. As it was, USC beats Georgia 37-28. I'm trying to upload a beautiful TD pass from Mustain to Prater on Mustain's 1st play of the game. Prater and Ronald Johnson are a very dangerous set of receivers and Prater definitely kept the starting job with 5 catches for 105 yards and 2 TD's.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-05-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #97
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Well, just had another one of those shootouts that only I could have with high-octane offense and ole defense.

With 4:17 left in the fourth quarter, Blaine Gabbert hooks up with Jerrell Jackson for a long TD pass and a two-point conversion to go up 39-36. A&M has a third down inside our 5-yard line with 2 minutes to play, but we jar the ball loose and recover the fumble. However, mine D-lineman recovered the ball at the 1 and his momentum carried him to the endzone, where he was tackled. It was ruled a safety and the score is 39-38.

With great field position, A&M gets to our 12-yard line with 42 seconds left. I make a tactical decision to let them score the TD, and unfortunately couldn't stop the two-point conversion. A&M is up 46-39 with 38 seconds left.

We return the kick to the 30 and Gabbert hits Rolandis Woodland for 24 yards. From the TAMU 46 Gabbert goes deep. The pass is deflected but Jerrell Jackson someone grabs the deflection at this knees. We kick the extra point to tie it and then sweat out a couple of hail marys, going to OT tied at 46.

My stellar defense comes thru again. Jerrod Johnson hits his wideout on a bubble screen and my stellar tackling turns it into a TD. However, TAMU's extra point try hits the upright and is no good. We put the ball in the endzone in four plays, kick is good, final score 53-52. Not sure how many more of these I can take!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #98
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I think I've seen about 4 missed XP's already in my games (by the AI). Kinda crazy.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #99
cartman
Death Herald

Hey guys,

I'll get my game in this evening. I tried to get it done on Thursday, but got interrupted 3 plays in. I went out of town for Labor Day weekend, and will be getting home later today.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #100
cartman
Death Herald

That was an awesome game against OU. They got the opening kickoff, and marched down the field for a TD. On my first play from scrimmage, Gilbert threw a pick. They marched down and got another touchdown. Down 14-0. On the ensuing drive, I got a TD, but missed the extra point. It was back and forth, and I scored right before the half, but didn't get the two point conversion, and we went into halftime with a 5 point lead, 26-21. The defenses decided to show up in the second half, and neither team scored. OU had the ball inside the 20, but the Horns stopped them on 4th down, and we proceeded to run out the clock.