Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #251
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
CraigSca: Yep, feel free to play the CPU. I never heard from the guy, so we'll just assume that NC State is open to next taker.

DT: Hopefully things will work out timing wise that you wont have to miss any games.

Possibly. I'm leaving first thing Tuesday morning and not returning until like 10PM on the following Tuesday evening...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #252
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

GG Johnny,
Was more of a lack of my offense keeping the ball. We had 4 drives inside your 40 all come away with no points. You scored directly off of two turnovers that went for tds. I will tell you most other teams will not fumble and be so inept on offense but you played well man.

I wanted to seriously just murder your QB and i felt we did a decent job even knocking him out of the game.

GJ

GML is a league that is you as a GM and a GM only
http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/register.php?do=addmember

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
http://www.bearsruletheworld.com/vnfl/
bighouserulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #253
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
GG Johnny,
Was more of a lack of my offense keeping the ball. We had 4 drives inside your 40 all come away with no points. You scored directly off of two turnovers that went for tds. I will tell you most other teams will not fumble and be so inept on offense but you played well man.

I wanted to seriously just murder your QB and i felt we did a decent job even knocking him out of the game.

GJ

GG, man...we were extremely lucky and/or you were extremely unlucky. Like you said, those two defensive TDs were probably the difference as you had to gamble even more to try and get back into the game. I can't take any credit for either of those plays because I'm brutal on defense and usually just use a lineman, if I control anybody at all. Something I definitely want to practice.

You, on the other hand, are an animal with that MLB...yikes!! You stuck me really good at least a half dozen times...including the one to knock Nesbitt out of the game for a bit.

And do you see why I don't pass very often? My best WR couldn't out run your guy and the only time I called an out he didn't even move out of break...but your DB did!! LOL!!

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 11-25-2010 at 10:07 AM.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #254
jimrac
n00b

Hey guys! Bighouse told me that you might have an opening. If so please let me know i would like to join.
jimrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #255
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Hey all. I'm going to be away with family thru Sunday evening, which means that's the earliest we'll be able to advance this week. Just giving everyone a heads up. DT, this probably means (assuming you play your next weeks game on Monday) that you wont miss any games.

Jimrac, I'll shoot you an invite to take over NC State next week bud. PM me with all of your PSN info.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-25-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #256
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Looks like I have my firewall issues sorted out. No more pulling a bunch of cables all over the place when it's time to play online...WOOHOO!!!!

One stupid checkbox, too...had everything setup properly but didn't tell the NAT to use "Fixed Ports"...stupid router!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey all. I'm going to be away with family thru Sunday evening, which means that's the earliest we'll be able to advance this week. Just giving everyone a heads up. DT, this probably means (assuming you play your next weeks game on Monday) that you wont miss any games.

Jimrac, I'll shoot you an invite to take over NC State next week bud. PM me with all of your PSN info.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Great news!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #258
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Alright, I just got home after having zero internet access from Thanksgiving morning until this afternoon. Whew!

I'm going to advance us forward early tomorrow morning. Sometime around 9am EST is my guess.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #259
Groundhog
Coordinator

Played my game vs Navy last night. Man, their QB has the worst arm I've ever seen. They ran the option nearly every down and I happily played 8 men in the box all game because whenever they did throw, it went about 12 yards ahead of the receiver regardless of coverage.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #260
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Week 7!

This week everyone plays against the CPU. We had a plethora of signees as well, with a total of four players committing to teams. Hopefully we'll be able to make up for the time lost over the holiday, but as always the most important thing is that we have fun. Good luck in your games everyone, and happy recruiting!

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-4) ===============
Last week, Boston College lost 24-21 against NC State (3-3).
This week, the Eagles travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C David Young has committed to Maryland
- (***) LT Michael White has committed to Boston College

=============== Duke Blue Devils (3-2) ===============

Last week the Blue Devils were idle.
This week, the Blue Devils will host Miami (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Dominique Jackson has committed to Kansas
- (****) DT Joshua Johnson has committed to Florida
- (****) C Steve Williams has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) LE Kevin Williams has committed to USC

=============== #8 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-1) ===============
Last week, Georgia Tech won 28-0 against Virginia (3-2).
This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Mid Tenn State (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Corey Thomas has committed to Georgia Tech
- (***) CB Jeff Dawson has committed to Kentucky
- (****) TE Pete Williams has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) QB Tye Howard has committed to Iowa

=============== Maryland Terrapins (4-1) ===============
Last week the Terrapins were idle.
This week, the Terrapins travel to Clemson to face the #20 Clemson Tigers (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C David Young has committed to Maryland
- (***) DT Shaun Barclay has committed to Maryland
- (***) MLB Bryce Owens has committed to Rutgers

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (3-2) ===============

Last week, Virginia lost 28-0 against Georgia Tech (5-1).
This week, the Cavaliers will host #14 North Carolina (4-1).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Bryce Owens has committed to Rutgers
- (****) DT Joshua Johnson has committed to Florida
- (***) C Johnathan Poole has committed to Kentucky

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-3) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest won 34-18 against Navy (1-4).
This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Blacksburg to face the #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Jerry McQueen has committed to Vanderbilt
Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #261
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Played my game vs Navy last night. Man, their QB has the worst arm I've ever seen. They ran the option nearly every down and I happily played 8 men in the box all game because whenever they did throw, it went about 12 yards ahead of the receiver regardless of coverage.

I played that way against Johnny too pretty much. I went 8 men in the box and truly ignored the passing game and i think he beat me 28 to 0...but did not complete a pass.

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #262
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

ON another note this is the make or break of my bowl game life. I have to beat this UNC team in order to have a chance as the only team i play with a losing record left is Eastern Michigan....ug

Old 11-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #263
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Someone tell jimrac that if he wants to be a part of this league, he will be required to do more than make one post in the thread and disappear completely.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #264
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
=============== #8 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-1) ===============
Last week, Georgia Tech won 28-0 against Virginia (3-2).
This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Mid Tenn State (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) C Corey Thomas has committed to Georgia Tech
- (***) CB Jeff Dawson has committed to Kentucky
- (****) TE Pete Williams has committed to Virginia Tech
- (****) QB Tye Howard has committed to Iowa

Glad to get our first commit and while a center isn't all that sexy it is definitely a need position, especially in an offense like ours.

With that said, the two that "got away" this week, QB Howard and TE Williams, were guys we really, really wanted as they could have made the transition to a more balanced offense much smoother. We're going to be extremely thin at CB next season as well so CB Dawson going to Kentucky hurts, too.

We've got several recruits coming to Bobby Dodd Stadium this weekend to see us take on Middle Tennessee State and hopefully we can secure both a win and a few more recruits.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #265
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
ON another note this is the make or break of my bowl game life. I have to beat this UNC team in order to have a chance as the only team i play with a losing record left is Eastern Michigan....ug

IIRC, their TE gashed us early on and when we put an extra guy in the middle their FL on the right side...I think it was Highsmith...made a few big plays.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #266
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I played that way against Johnny too pretty much. I went 8 men in the box and truly ignored the passing game and i think he beat me 28 to 0...but did not complete a pass.

Keep in mind that 14 of those points came on a fumble return and a Pick-6 so it wasn't as lopsided as it sounds.

I was hoping to catch you off-guard with a few passes but my WR/RBs just aren't talented enough in the receiving department to make it worthwhile. I'll still mix in a few here and there to see if I can get lucky but I certainly won't be counting on the passing game to win.

With games against Clemson and Virginia Tech coming up I have a feeling we'll be forced to air it out a few more times than we'd like to...ugh.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #267
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Forgot that I had a bye week this week - that was a nice surprise. Picked up a couple nice commits - still need to grab a couple more MLB's and hopefully a skill position player or two on offense over the coming weeks.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #268
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay - so if the week 7 deadline is Saturday 12/4 - I'm still going to be out of town till Tuesday 12/7, but I should be able to get my game in tonight I suppose.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-29-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #269
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Keep in mind that 14 of those points came on a fumble return and a Pick-6 so it wasn't as lopsided as it sounds.

I was hoping to catch you off-guard with a few passes but my WR/RBs just aren't talented enough in the receiving department to make it worthwhile. I'll still mix in a few here and there to see if I can get lucky but I certainly won't be counting on the passing game to win.

With games against Clemson and Virginia Tech coming up I have a feeling we'll be forced to air it out a few more times than we'd like to...ugh.

Of course any insight is good man thanks.

Yeah when your qb threw the first pass and it went 60 yards and out of bounds i was not worried about the single coverage lol.

I do not have enought talent to compete so i have to stay in the confines of the offense to be effective.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #270
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FEAR THE MOTHERFUCKING TURTLE CLEMSON!!!!!!!

26-3 victory over the #20 team in the country!!!!!

Offense was quite stagnant until about halftime...I lived on a fumble recovery for a TD (missed XP) and a FG until the third quarter when I managed to force a couple more turnovers and get 10 more pts. off shorter fields. Ended it with a nice TD pass from O'Brien to Fustenburg down the seam after running it down their throats for a whole drive.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #271
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Middle Tennessee State was no match for the Rambling Wreck as Georgia Tech scored early and often while they held their opponents scoreless for the 3rd game in a row. It was an ugly 48-0 drubbing where the only mistake GT made was a missed PAT early on. Nesbitt had a hand in 5 TDs, 3 on the ground and 2 through the air, in less than 3 quarters of work. Stephen Hill had 3 receptions and all of them were of the TD variety.

U-G-L-Y.....and I had a lot of recruits in town to watch this one.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #272
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

The top ten ranked Tar Heels eat crow at Scott Stadium. They must have gameplanned us against GT last week because they came out in 5 wide sets to start the game. We quickly caught onto that.

My one corner had a career day with 2 picks, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. He even intercepted an option pitch and took it to the house for 6 points.

We end up winning 26 to 3 i think and had to settle for way too many field goals but we will take win number 4 as our goal of 7 is only 3 away.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #273
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

On another note.....videos....I have 3 great videos from this game. The top two being the option pick for 6 and a hilacious hit on a punt return that made me jump out of my seat last night.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #274
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
On another note.....videos....I have 3 great videos from this game. The top two being the option pick for 6 and a hilacious hit on a punt return that made me jump out of my seat last night.

Loved that hit!! Meant to post something last night about it...awesome!!

Only one of my clips made it up for some reason...oh well.

By the way, good job to both you and DT for very solid games against pretty good teams.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #275
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah i look forward to the Maryland game as every recruit seems to be head to head with them.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #276
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Agreed, great hit on the punt return . Fantastic that we're getting our games in so quickly. I should be able to get mine in either late tomorrow night, or early Thursday morning. Congrats on the wins across the board!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #277
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Not to threadjack but if anyone wants in on my other league. There are no real rules and you are not locked in on a divisions.
All Americans with like sliders we have here.
This is year 3 and the season has just ended.
Teams taken
Houston
Texas
Ohio State
Washington
USF
Auburn(kind of on auto atm)
Miami, Fl

Sorry Sun on the thread jack man love our FACC we have going thus far.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:32 AM   #278
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah i look forward to the Maryland game as every recruit seems to be head to head with them.

lol - who are you??
Old 12-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #279
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Loved that hit!! Meant to post something last night about it...awesome!!

Only one of my clips made it up for some reason...oh well.

By the way, good job to both you and DT for very solid games against pretty good teams.

thanks!!

I also threw up some vids from my game...let me go see which plays...i think a couple of fumble recoveries, my one 40yd td run, and then maybe my one longish pass play IIRC

I dunno how I managed to win - I couldn't pass the ball for fuckall (combination of their defense and my wanting to be careful i wasn't inadvertently using user-catch), and i couldn't really run the ball either, save for the second half. solid defense really carried the day for me i guess.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-01-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #280
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm not going to allow jimrac to join the league. No offense to bighouse, but I think this guy just wants to grab a team and not participate. His participation has consisted of posting one time in this thread, only to completely disappear and not respond to my posts. Then he PM's me a week later with a three word message, which I respond to asking him some questions...no response...and of course 48 hours later there's still no sign of him.

I like the size of the league now. If someone from FOFC wants to claim NC State, and wants to actually be involved in the league festivities, then they are more than welcome to do so.

Just wanted to let everyone know where this stands, and yes, this is my final decision as the commish. I'm very happy that the league is trucking along so well, and we also seem to have a pretty good chemistry between us. Two thumbs up, I say!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #281
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I am cool with it.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #282
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
lol - who are you??

Ha Virginia...ouch

Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #283
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I like the size of the league now. If someone from FOFC wants to claim NC State, and wants to actually be involved in the league festivities, then they are more than welcome to do so.

Would you guys rather I leave the Rambling Wreck and take over NC State? If so, I don't mind at all...just say the word.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #284
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Personally I'm fine with you staying put, but if everyone else would rather you take a lesser talented team then I'll flip flop
Old 12-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #285
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I think Duke and UVA are the two worst schools.

GT is head and shoulders above. I love that you are true to the option Johnny so i would tell you to stay there unless you really wanted to change.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #286
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah ditto.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #287
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Fair enough, in Atlanta we stay.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #288
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha Virginia...ouch

No ouch. I just haven't kept track of who's who really, and I know there's a couple schools I seem to be tight with in competition for recruits.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #289
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
No ouch. I just haven't kept track of who's who really, and I know there's a couple schools I seem to be tight with in competition for recruits.

I went after mostly pipeline and in state guys and almost every one of them have the Terps in their top 5. I bet you and i are head to head in 5 of the true 20ish guys on my list.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #290
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The C+ Duke Blue Devils (3-2) hosted the A- rated Miami Hurricanes (2-3) this week. The Hurricanes, who last week were rated #24 in the nation, have had a moderately disappointing year, but were hoping to turn it around against my poor Duke team in the rain. The game started out innocently enough with me going up 3-0. Then the Canes fell apart. For almost the entirety of the game, they insisted on running on first and second down, and then if third down was necessary, passing or scrambling with Jacori Harris. This strategy did not pay off. Their HB fumbled the ball over to us twice, once in the first quarter in their own territory, and again in the third quarter just two yards away from paydirt. Meanwhile, our offense was clutch all day long. We didn't make a lot of plays, but when a play needed to be made, it got done. Our HB Hollingsworth ran for 90 yards and a TD, including a backbreaking run of 31 yards in the third quarter. Our QB Renfree was accurate when he had to be, and his best pass came with just 54 second left in the first half when he hit our WR Foster on a post pattern for a TD to put us up 20-0.

We completely dominated this game, and I have no qualms with admitting that if it hadn't been for home field advantage, the game may have turned out very differently. Miami didn't score until there was just four minutes left in the game, and by then they were down 30-0. I'm very impressed and happy with this win. We are now 4-2, and just two wins away from becoming bowl eligible. I uploaded four vids for your pleasure
Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #291
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Awesome, Sun...nice job. One complaint, though...that first video of the 70-yard pass...that kid has to want the TD...DIVE FOR THE PYLON, MAN!!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #292
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Great win Sun!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #293
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thanks! In regards to diving for the pylon, I was so excited to have a passing play of longer than 20 yards against a highly rated team, I probably wouldn't have even remembered what button you use to dive. All I knew was "don't fumble! don't fumble! don't fumble!"
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #294
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks! In regards to diving for the pylon, I was so excited to have a passing play of longer than 20 yards against a highly rated team, I probably wouldn't have even remembered what button you use to dive. All I knew was "don't fumble! don't fumble! don't fumble!"

LOL...I hear ya!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #295
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I think that every single carry....please do not fumble here....please....

Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #296
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think that every single carry....please do not fumble here....please....

I definitely have my right stick pushed all the way up when I see contact coming!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #297
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I think we're just waiting on CragSca and Groundhog now. No rush though gentlemen, you still have 48 hours
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #298
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah sorry folks, I'll get mine done tomorrow. Have my work xmas party tonight and I'm fairly sure that I will be in no condition to play video games when I get home.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #299
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Have my work xmas party tonight and I'm fairly sure that I will be in no condition to play video games when I get home.

That's it...I'm moving to Aussie land.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 12-03-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:57 AM   #300
Groundhog
Coordinator

Welp, lost my post when the board had a hiccup just before, but yeah, I lost quite handily to VT. Actually had it down to 10 with 3 minutes remaining, but then turned it over 3 times in the last 2.30, twice leading to VT scores. D'oh.

PS. My WRs, If you're reading this, please learn how to NOT drop the ball. My QBs arm is bad enough as it is without you guys dropping the ones he hits you in the numbers with.