Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #7351
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As the kid randomly picks some old ECW to watch, I'm caused to wonder:
Is Braun Strauman really the illegitimate son of Big Dick Dudley?
Old 11-20-2017, 05:49 AM   #7352
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Eh, upper mid-tier G1 caliber match (just now watched it). That was on par with, say, Styles vs Magabe. And I wouldn't have any problem with that match, so I can't really have a problem with it here just cause I don't like Lesnar in the ring. Probably the best match he's had since returning.

They didn't bury AJ, in & of itself that's a win.

The offense was nearly 50-50 which is something only Goldberg (and maybe Taker) has been close to since the return of Lesnar. Well worked match that put both guys over.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #7353
RainMaker
General Manager

I liked AJ-Brock a lot. You had to figure Brock was winning as he's the star of the company. But AJ held his own in it. I don't think it hurt him.

Loved the Usos-Bar match. They're both great in the ring and that finish was a lot of fun.

Main event was a dud in my book. I just didn't care much about it. Felt like the only people who mattered in it were Shane, HHH, and Braun. Which is bad when you have guys like Nakamura, Cena, Balor, and so on competing in it.

Last edited by RainMaker : 11-20-2017 at 12:33 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #7354
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

First half of the main was pretty good. Then it turned into As The McMahon's Turn and was just dreck down the stretch.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:07 PM   #7355
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Raise your hand if you had Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville as the next NXT call ups.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:58 AM   #7356
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #7357
miami_fan
Coordinator

WWE Legend Kamala on Life Support After Undergoing Emergency Surgery | Bleacher Report
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #7358
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Raise your hand if you had Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville as the next NXT call ups.

Hey Vince, why does it look like HHH is running the company by putting himself in the main event and back on tv?

HMB. Call up Trish Stratus 2.0

murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:11 AM   #7359
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Pfft, neither can come close to the perfection that is Alexa Bliss
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #7360
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Okay so at least 6 women got added this week.

So odds on a women's Royal Rumble match as they seem to have added a ton of mid-card women? Think that's 11 on each show now so a 20 woman battle royal excluding both champs.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #7361
AlexB
Pro Starter

She is hot, but she’s a very strange colour there
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 PM   #7362
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Kamala reportedly off life support & breathing on his own. Long way to go but encouraging step.

KAMALA HEALTH UPDATE | PWInsider.com
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #7363
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

That Pete Dunne fella, he's pretty good at the wrestling thing.

And Johnny Gargano could have some really good matches in NJPW right now.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:33 AM   #7364
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That Pete Dunne fella, he's pretty good at the wrestling thing.

He's one of my favorites now.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #7365
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Dash Wilder has been working house shows for the Smackdown brand recently and rumors are Scott Dawson will be fully healed and ready to go in a couple of weeks. Would be nice to see them thrown into the title picture there with New Day, The Usos, and Gable & Benjamin.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:39 PM   #7366
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

https://prowrestling.net/site/2017/1...tside-company/

And Broken WWE is officially on the way.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #7367
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

DELETE!

IT HAS BEGUN - YouTube
Old 12-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #7368
Flasch186
Coordinator

the only reason to watch for the next few months. This could be epic if they don't WWE it up.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #7369
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

someone catch me up.
I dont follow impact.

What is the broken angle in a nut shell?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #7370
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

NO!

you need to experience it for the first time like the rest of us did.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #7371
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

The proposed storyline I've heard is Broken Matt vs Bray Wyatt as a feud. Considering how badly they've ruined Wyatt, I don't see this ending well.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #7372
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
someone catch me up.
I dont follow impact.

What is the broken angle in a nut shell?

I don't really think you can adequately nutshell this one. Basically Matt believes he's from another planet/realm/existence. And as the linked article describes it
Quote:
Broken Matt is basically a 16th-century lunatic from England that was dropped into 2017 and somehow has an African accent at times. It doesn’t make any kind of sense and that’s what makes him so great.

Also, he doesn’t call Vince McMahon by his name. It’s not “Vince”, “Mr. McMahon” or “Vinny Mac”. It’s “MEEKMAHAN”.

A beginner's guide to 'Broken' Matt Hardy
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #7373
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I will say that the Broken angle does sorta grow on you if you started out as skeptical as I did.

The initial phases were, honestly, some of the most bewildering shit I've ever seen. But it's so utterly ridiculous that it can eventually take on a certain charm.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #7374
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
I will say that the Broken angle does sorta grow on you if you started out as skeptical as I did.

The initial phases were, honestly, some of the most bewildering shit I've ever seen. But it's so utterly ridiculous that it can eventually take on a certain charm.

When even Jim Cornette says positive things about it, you know it's something special.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #7375
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #7376
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

NXT getting an episode on USA Network on the 13th.

https://prowrestling.net/site/2017/1...r-usa-network/
Old 12-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #7377
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

and "woken" Matt's first video from RAW has already broke a million views and was in the top 25 youtube videos in less than 24 hours.

Also attempt #500 to get Bray Wyatt to connect with fans. Hopefully this won't lead to Hardy being followed to the ring by a big sperm like Orton was.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:48 PM   #7378
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

I didn't see a lot of the Broken stuff from Impact, but I enjoyed what I saw on Monday, at least the Matt parts. Bray Wyatt still does nothing for me with his promos that mean nothing and his terrible matches, but maybe Matt can out wacky him.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #7379
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Special Message from Nick Aldis and Austin idol - YouTube
Old 12-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #7380
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tom Zenk dead at 59.

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wres...ars-old-248116

Zenk was the last surviving member of the Robbinsdale HS class of 1976, which also included Curt Henning, Rick Rude, and Brady Boone.

Rest in peace.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #7381
molson
General Manager

Justin Credible had a bad night at an indy show over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ois-e64ayM4&t=1s

Last edited by molson : 12-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #7382
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I still don't give two shits about Jinder Mahal but whoever has been training him has done a good job of teaching him some subtleties in the ring. And to his credit he's done a good job of learning them.

The way he was always on top of a pin, moving Styles into the middle before a late match pin attempt, those were good little things that I'm willing to tip my hat to.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-17-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:52 PM   #7383
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Mahal is carryable in the ring and even contributes now. The problem is the stereotypical character.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #7384
RainMaker
General Manager

Jinder is a perfectly acceptable midcard heel. A great guy to put over the young stars coming up from NXT. He could have even had a nice US title run if they're going with the anti-American gimmick. He's just not a main event talent.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #7385
RainMaker
General Manager

So I don't follow the news but is there a chance that Daniel Bryan comes back? They let him take a bump tonight (albeit a real light one). His contract is up next year and they have to be a little concerned that he'll go on a barnstorming tour of the indies grabbing a bunch of headlines.

From what I've read there is no reason he shouldn't be wrestling. He's passed all the tests from some really top doctors. It sounds like WWE just doesn't want him in a ring (probably because he steals thunder away from guys they want to push like Reigns).

Tonight sort of felt like it was angling toward him and Shane down the road, right? With a slow enough build they could play out the whole "unsanctioned match" bit like they did when Michaels came back till WrestleMania.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #7386
molson
General Manager

Bryan passed other tests in part because he failed to disclose having post-concussion seizures. 10+ concussions plus seizures plus an ongoing concussion litigation I think will still make it a tough sell to get him back in the ring. When he first talked about the extent of his symptoms and how much he had concealed until last year, the overwhelming narrative seemed to be that he was definitely done. But now everybody has kind of forgotten about that, and maybe he's not having symptoms any more and his health has improved (if that's even how that works).
Old 12-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #7387
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Bryan passed other tests in part because he failed to disclose having post-concussion seizures. 10+ concussions plus seizures plus an ongoing concussion litigation I think will still make it a tough sell to get him back in the ring. When he first talked about the extent of his symptoms and how much he had concealed until last year, the overwhelming narrative seemed to be that he was definitely done. But now everybody has kind of forgotten about that, and maybe he's not having symptoms any more and his health has improved (if that's even how that works).

I'd buy into WWE caring about his health if they weren't throwing Kurt Angle out there still. Guys like Sting, Taker, enen Jeff Hardy have been given matches. They ran a SumerSlam main event where Brock was supposed to break Orton open the hardway.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:55 PM   #7388
RainMaker
General Manager

Also I like Carmella's ring attire and don't think I've ever seen her wrestle.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:40 AM   #7389
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'd buy into WWE caring about his health if they weren't throwing Kurt Angle out there still. Guys like Sting, Taker, enen Jeff Hardy have been given matches. They ran a SumerSlam main event where Brock was supposed to break Orton open the hardway.

Did any of them have post-concussion seizures or diagnosed brain lessions?

It's not about "caring", it's about liability and public perception. As far as we know, Bryan has never been cleared by a doctor who was aware of the full nature of his symptoms.

I remember when the WWE was criticized for bringing Bryan back so soon after he was injured again after he was out so long with the neck and arm injury. Of course, it later turned out the the injuries weren't even related. But now they're the bad guy for not overruling their doctor.

I can kind of see an argument that they should cut him loose if they're not going to use him. But I'm not 100% convinced he really wants to wrestle right now and give up the easy paycheck. If he walked out they'd come to some kind of agreement eventually, or just fire him like they did Punk (even if it took 6 months). He seems content to stay and then be able to evaluate what he wants to do when his contract is up.

Last edited by molson : 12-18-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #7390
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Does it seem weird to not be bitching about a WWE PPV the next day?

It wasn't a memorable PPV but I'm not sure they did anything wrong last night. No Dusty finishes for the end of the show. Probably the only disappointing thing is that they will kill off Rusev Day because it was so over last night.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #7391
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
It wasn't a memorable PPV but I'm not sure they did anything wrong last night. No Dusty finishes for the end of the show.

I was a little frustrated by the waste of a perfectly good Owens/Zayn match with the intrusion of the rather silly Bryan/Shane deal honestly. Everything was centered around setting up a deal that I don't care much about/for instead of letting four guys who could have put on at least a 4* match do so.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #7392
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I can kind of see an argument that they should cut him loose if they're not going to use him. But I'm not 100% convinced he really wants to wrestle right now and give up the easy paycheck. If he walked out they'd come to some kind of agreement eventually, or just fire him like they did Punk (even if it took 6 months). He seems content to stay and then be able to evaluate what he wants to do when his contract is up.

From what I've read he'd love to leave. Sounds like money isn't an issue and he'd likely make a killing on the indies. He's one of the best wrestlers in the world and would be a huge draw at least early on.

And if WWE didn't care, they would release him. This is a company that won't even do pyro at their shows to save money. I think they'd like his $700k off the books.

I still don't fully buy the safety stuff. Yes he's had a lot of concussions but some of these older guys were working in an era where unprotected chair shots were happening every Monday night. There's no way that Jeff Hardy or Kurt Angle's body are in worse shape than his.

Last edited by RainMaker : 12-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #7393
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I was a little frustrated by the waste of a perfectly good Owens/Zayn match with the intrusion of the rather silly Bryan/Shane deal honestly. Everything was centered around setting up a deal that I don't care much about/for instead of letting four guys who could have put on at least a 4* match do so.

That's kind of been WWE for the past few years. Whether it's Shane or Stephanie. They have to be the focal point of the product.

The Shane comeback was fun. I don't even mind watching him do some really stupid stunt once a year. But when you have Orton, Nakamura, Owens, and Zayn in a ring together, that should be enough. Let them tear the roof off the place.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #7394
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That's kind of been WWE for the past few years. Whether it's Shane or Stephanie. They have to be the focal point of the product.

The Shane comeback was fun. I don't even mind watching him do some really stupid stunt once a year. But when you have Orton, Nakamura, Owens, and Zayn in a ring together, that should be enough. Let them tear the roof off the place.

Hopefully the payoff is getting Shane off TV for a while.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #7395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Exactly.

I don't mind Shane per se. The angle they decided to run around 4 guys with that much talent however, THAT annoyed me.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #7396
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

About to leave for an (micro) indy show about 45 mins up the road (in the old NWA-Anarchy building).

Basically going in order to see Matt Riddle work in person.

Rest of the card, well, let's say that we have VERY limited expectations
{shrug}
Old 12-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #7397
Suicane75
Coordinator

Who's Riddle facing? I love the guy. Would love to see him in NJPW at some point.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #7398
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Who's Riddle facing? I love the guy. Would love to see him in NJPW at some point.

Tonight he worked a teenaged prospect called Austin Theory (I think he has had a cup of coffee with Evolve). Tomorrow night he works Gunner.

Solid effort by both guys tonight, the kid is green but they did a nice enough match, suitably stiff. Oddball booking, Theory wins via DQ when he's attacked by a would-be title challenger. Could have just as easily had him attack Riddle ("you don't BELONG HERE" was said at one point) and let him have the DQ win.

Riddle was cool with the fans, played the tweener well. Nothing but respect for his effort tonight afaic.

edit to add: Here's a very quick clip (if the link works)
https://www.facebook.com/jon.loveles...1321311137484/

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-23-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #7399
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Last edited by Toddzilla : 12-24-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #7400
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Tonight he worked a teenaged prospect called Austin Theory (I think he has had a cup of coffee with Evolve). Tomorrow night he works Gunner.

Solid effort by both guys tonight, the kid is green but they did a nice enough match, suitably stiff. Oddball booking, Theory wins via DQ when he's attacked by a would-be title challenger. Could have just as easily had him attack Riddle ("you don't BELONG HERE" was said at one point) and let him have the DQ win.

Riddle was cool with the fans, played the tweener well. Nothing but respect for his effort tonight afaic.

edit to add: Here's a very quick clip (if the link works)
https://www.facebook.com/jon.loveles...1321311137484/

Nice. Now the big question. Were his eyes bloodshot?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote