Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #851
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

B is stupid, but I grew up in a rural town (10K) and in our community underage drinking is just ridiculous. The town always boasted about being nationally ranked or some shit for underage consumption but I always assume that was just bullshit. No idea how to find out.

Anyways, it was common on our 21st birthdays for parents to be there, getting absolutely shitfaced with us, and boasting about how awesome it is.. blah blah blah.. I'm only 24, though. Not sure if this is a newer thing with Baby Boomer parents or what.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #852
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
B is stupid, but I grew up in a rural town (10K) and in our community underage drinking is just ridiculous. The town always boasted about being nationally ranked or some shit for underage consumption but I always assume that was just bullshit. No idea how to find out.

Anyways, it was common on our 21st birthdays for parents to be there, getting absolutely shitfaced with us, and boasting about how awesome it is.. blah blah blah.. I'm only 24, though. Not sure if this is a newer thing with Baby Boomer parents or what.

(I almost mentioned this in the o.p.)

I'm not particularly bothered by Mom being at the b-day party or anything. Hell, one of my "I hope I live long enough to ..." goals is to take my son to Vegas for the first time after he's legal.

Just the context of these pics felt off to me. As a friend elsewhere asked "what's the daughter's name, Fancy?"
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #853
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea, I understand. A father of one of my best friends took him to Vegas when he was 21 and 22, but unfortunately he had some health issues so that had to stop. Too bad my father wasn't around to take me to Vegas

I'm sure we're on the same page where there's a definite line between going out for drinks with your kids and standing on the back porch of the bar surrounded by 30+ people yelling how you just hate yourself and want to kill yourself because your husband doesn't love you and your life sucks. (Had that happen this past summer in the ol' hometown. Some drunk mom with her son at the bar for his 21st. Good times)

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 02-22-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #854
sabotai
General Manager

I'm going to need to see the cleavage shot to make a fair judgement.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #855
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I'm going to need to see the cleavage shot to make a fair judgement.

Trust me, you don't wanna
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #856
JediKooter
Coordinator

My dad took me to Vegas when I was 8 or 9. Pfft...light weights you are!!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #857
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
My dad took me to Vegas when I was 8 or 9. Pfft...light weights you are!!

I took Will when he was like 6, but I'm pretty sure it's a different experience at 21
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #858
spleen1015
Coordinator

My stepson just turned 19. His father mentioned to him that he was looking forward to buying him his first beer at 21 and my stepson told him that he already had plans with me for his 21st birthday.

It has become an issue.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #859
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I took Will when he was like 6, but I'm pretty sure it's a different experience at 21

Oh man, that is definitely true.

My trip was limited to Circus Circus, upstairs where all the video games and carnival games were. Luckily I was able to get out and see more, once I was 21.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #860
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Gainesville High School Students' Racist YouTube Rant Forces Girls To Leave School, Apologize (VIDEO)

Quote:
After two minors from Gainesville High School in Gainesville, Fla., posted a nearly 14-minute-long racist rant on YouTube, the girls are "no longer students at the school," WCJB-TV reports.
(Scroll for video.)
Last week, eight police officers were brought to the campus in light of death threats the girls were receiving in response to their videos. The videos included comments like, "You can understand what we are saying, our accents, we use actual words. Black people do not."
Gainesville High School principal David Shelnutt did not go into detail on the extent of the disciplinary action taken against the girls, but did tell WCJB that their comments were not welcome at the school.
"There's no place for comments like that, that video here at GHS," Shelnutt told the station. "There's no place for that in the Alachua County Public School System, and my opinion, no place for that in society in general."
Since the video went viral last week, the girls have experienced harassment and said they feared for their safety. According to one report by the Gainesville Sun, one of the students involved was hiding out at a relative's house while her mother was at work.
“Our lives have changed totally, 180 degrees," her mother told the paper. "This has made her an adult really quick.”
The girls and one of their parents issued a formal apology in the paper Monday:
"I am one of the girls who were in the racist video that got posted. I’m writing this so that I can tell people how truly sorry I am. I could never, in a million years, have pictured this happening with me involved. I wasn’t raised to hate people for their race, and I still don’t. I made a horrible decision in being a part of this video ... "
The girl also writes that she won't make excuses, but hopes the community will eventually forgive her.
In another apology, the second girl's mother says her daughter has gone into a depression following the backlash of the video, and hopes that the community will forgive her and end the harassment:
"While we can never take back the words and actions that these two children have said, we have to start to heal and forgive IMMEDIATELY. Stop the violent threats to our homes and our children, stop the anger, because this will solve absolutely nothing, and most importantly, look at yourself for change and love."
According to the Gainesville Sun, the high school will wear orange, the color of racial tolerance, this week as a sign of solidarity.
The response to the girls' videos echos sentiments of racial issues in school communities across the country.
Just last summer, 18-year-old Kymberly Wimberly of Arkansas filed suit against McGehee Secondary School after four years of nearly straight-As, honors and Advanced Placement classes had placed her at the top of her graduating class. The suit alleges that though she earned the marks, the school denied her valedictorian status because she is black.
A separate suit filed against a Minnesota school district last August claimed that a Red Wing High School homecoming event called "Wigger Day" caused a black student "severe emotional distress including depression, loss of sleep, stress, crying, humiliation, anxiety, and shame."
"Wigger is a pejorative slang term for a white person who emulates the mannerisms, language and fashions associated with African-American culture," the complaint explains. Students were encouraged to dress in oversized sports jerseys, low-slung pants, baseball hats cocked to the side and 'doo rags.
Most recently in Norcross, Ga., a Beaver Ridge Elementary School teacher resigned after outcry over a third grade math assignment that used slavery examples in word problems. Parents were outraged at both the assignment and the school district's response to the reports of those math problems, which included references to cotton, orange picking and beatings.
One problem read: "If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in 1 week?"
On the other end of the spectrum, this sensitivity -- or sometimes, lack thereof -- seems to create a bit of an identity crisis among schoolchildren. Some black students say they feel ostracized for acting "too white." One Connecticut middle school student said he was stabbed in the back with a pencil by a peer who thought he wasn't acting "black enough."

Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #861
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

That Norcross, GA incident is one of the sillier things I've come across in a while. It was inspired by the push to create cross-curricular assignments & was tied to the same students study of Frederick Douglass (hence the wording of the question mentioned here).
Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #862
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If I see the "strawberry quik meth" hoax one more time I may shove a gallon of milk, a cartoon rabbit and a keyboard up somebody's dumb ass.

Fuck me running but there really ought to be some kind of licensing process for the interwebz.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #863
Galaxy
Coordinator

I was looking for someone with the same name, but accidentally clicked on someone else with the same name, and then realized she has an open profile:

"apparently u think i give a f***! well i havent for awhile now....congrats on ur new heart murmor! duh...stupid people kill me...u know who u are cause u facebook stalk me. here's a clue get a life...with my old news bahahaha HAHAHA"

"btw to everyone else im not happy for someone to have a heart murmor...its a comparrison." (with one like)
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #864
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
"btw to everyone else im not happy for someone to have a heart murmor...its a comparrison." (with one like)

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 03-09-2012 at 08:00 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #865
heybrad
Norm!!!

A comma really would have helped clarify on this one.

"Ok now I'm told not to use the lights if I want to fuck I hate controlling ppl"
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #866
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Going to the apostrophe is a lot more work than a comma or period (well, I guess autocorrect) so I don't get it

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-15-2012 at 03:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #867
heybrad
Norm!!!

Is she being told she can't use the lights when she wants to fuck, or is she being told she can't use the lights, so... fuck, she hates controlling people?

I'm using the f-bomb on here too much today. I need to relax.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #868
spleen1015
Coordinator

hey brad!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #869
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
hey brad!

Sorry Brad, but this still amuses me every time.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #870
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Is she being told she can't use the lights when she wants to fuck, or is she being told she can't use the lights, so... fuck, she hates controlling people?

I'm using the f-bomb on here too much today. I need to relax.

Oh, I get that confusion and I wasn't sure either. I was just adding another level of confusion

SI

Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #871
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Prince raps three hits

Via Detroit Tigers.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #872
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

No, no. It makes sense since the kids like the rap music

SI

Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #873
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I was thinking how Prince hasn't had a hit since the 90's.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #874
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Iowa State is afraid to go inside since they're getting clobbered every time they go in the paint

SI

Old 03-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #875
Galaxy
Coordinator

I like how people will post quotes in their status updates, but then you read by who quoted it and chuckle.; for example: " people are people they wont save you, you have to save yourself." Holly Madison

Last edited by Galaxy : 03-24-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #876
Autumn
Head Coach

lol. I Hate when people post quotes that aren't obviously quotes and then get all ripshit when everybody's like, "What are you talking about? ARe you all right?" And they say, "It's just a song, guys, jeez." I also hate when people post quotes that are obviously quotes and people say, "What are you talking about, are you all right?" So basically I hate most of the people on Facebook.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #877
MJ4H
Coordinator

Hate most of the people on Facebook? I THINK YES!

That awkward moment when you realize you have most of the people on facebook.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #878
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
lol. I Hate when people post quotes that aren't obviously quotes and then get all ripshit when everybody's like, "What are you talking about? ARe you all right?" And they say, "It's just a song, guys, jeez." I also hate when people post quotes that are obviously quotes and people say, "What are you talking about, are you all right?" So basically I hate most of the people on Facebook.

I can easily see why employers use it to screen candidates.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #879
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

This one isn't pathetic...just too...i don't know, awkward, not to share

Quote:

Anyone know where I can donate feminine products??? Couponing made them free, would like someone to benefit.......

And after a few suggestions of various women's shelters, this gem:

Quote:
That may be the same one...I have no idea. I almost ended up at one but thankfully didn't...but iam sure they could use the stuff!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #880
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So Skye got to take her first ride in an ambulance this morning cause i had to go to the hospital at 4am for another freaking kidney stone (the biggest ive had yet) and they wont do anything about it just have to pass it..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #881
DanGarion
Coordinator

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #882
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Somebody posted the honey badger video and now other people are sharing it and acting like it's a new thing.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #883
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Here's one from my cousin. I don't understand what she's saying half the time, but she posted a picture of something that looks like a white turd along with this:

Dats that famous 7up cake my Godmother gave me from scratch the recipe and I aced it with homemade icing all Im gone say to my big brother Dukey boy u better catch up this ishh melt in ya mouth
Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #884
MJ4H
Coordinator

wat
Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #885
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #886
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Not Facebook, but don't know where else to post this text I got last night at 3:40am from a coworkers phone number, but not from him(obviously)

Quote:
Nice try !!! Stop taxting my husband were trying to work our marriage out he is weak right now with his alcohol problems !! Leave us alone thank you whore !! Go to ur own husband

I was ready to go into full on gangsta mode back, since she was obviously snooping in my co workers phone. But I let it go for now. I'm not sure whether to call him and let him know, or just pretend like it didn't happen. I wasn't planning on trying to fuck her husband.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #887
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And here I thought saldana was the girl on the board. Stevew, you hussy

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-04-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #888
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I need a flere diagram to understand what is going on in stevew's post.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #889
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I had heard she was a crazy bitch via proxy, but this is pretty funny. I'm trying to figure out if anyone else got crazy texts from her.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #890
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Not Facebook, but don't know where else to post this text I got last night at 3:40am from a coworkers phone number, but not from him(obviously)

I was ready to go into full on gangsta mode back, since she was obviously snooping in my co workers phone. But I let it go for now. I'm not sure whether to call him and let him know, or just pretend like it didn't happen. I wasn't planning on trying to fuck her husband.

But now you sort of want to?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #891
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lol

The thought of presumedly a drunk late 40s chick stumbling around late at night, swiping his phone and then T9'ing that message is pretty funny. I imagine it probably took her like 20 minutes.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #892
spleen1015
Coordinator

I would tell him. I'm righteous like that.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #893
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think you should mind ur own business and go back to ur own damn husband.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #894
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think you should mind ur own business and go back to ur own damn husband.

Yeah, whore!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #895
MJ4H
Coordinator

I don't even know how to taxt.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #896
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I had heard she was a crazy bitch via proxy, but this is pretty funny. I'm trying to figure out if anyone else got crazy texts from her.

I think maybe you should say something because if she doesn't get a response, she'll take it as "proof" that it was a whore he's screwing around with. Now, that might not matter for this particular marriage which is long dead anyway, but that's what came to mind for me.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #897
spleen1015
Coordinator

Reply back and say that he is your man and there is nothing she can do to change that.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #898
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tell her you would leave him alone but he is your babies daddy
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #899
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Who needs death panels? We'll just put every case on Facebook and see who gets 1000 shares and who doesn't.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #900
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I need a flere diagram to understand what is going on in stevew's post.