Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #951
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, can I safely assume that you are going to reply to each and every post I make from here on out until one of us is proven wrong? If that is the case then I don't see any reason to explore any other train of thought other than how to ensure it is you, instead of me, hanging from a rope tomorrow. Even after all of this I still think there is a better candidate out there than you in McSweeny. That is where I started my voting on Friday and where I would have liked to have left it, but it became a sunk vote with the three-man race that emerged.

Of course, if you take me for a wolf then he is obviously a villager. That is the problem with arguing with someone who is absolutely convinced they are right, even when they are incorrect. I feel like I'm arguing with someone who is trying to convince me the earth is flat.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #952
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I imagine I have to sleep at some point, wolfie. I think you'll be proven wrong, and I hope it's at lynch time tomorrow night. I'm sure you'd like nothing better than to hang me, because you know I'll be calling for your "death" until it happens. Problem is, you can't. I'm a villager, and you know it.

I honestly don't know about McSweeny, but you wanting to vote for him makes me think he's a fellow villager. You feel like you're arguing with someone that the world is flat...I feel like I'm arguing with a wolf, ironic isn't it?

By the way, weren't you asking for the seer to reveal himself earlier? Now that I think of it, you killing blade may make sense to you. Perhaps you had him killed because, besides your wolfy self, he's been providing the most insight.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #953
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think you are referring to Post #223. Let me post it in its entirety:
Quote:
K, I'll refine - vote will stay on AE (for historical purposes) unless it looks like there is a need to switch.

On the seer looks at RPI scenario:
1.) We lynch Pass
2.) Pass was the herbalist

Think these assumptions are required for the RPI view

3.) Seer looks at RPI
4.) Seer verifies that RPI is a villager (and we had a villager vs villager day 1 clash)

This now puts us in a position where the seer needs to be fairly crafty in clearing RPI without giving away their position. Having the seer revealed at this point would be particularly brutal if we have already lost the herbalist.

4a.) Seer sees that RPI is a wolf

This is what the seer's reason for being, he has to make sure that we lynch the wolf. Hopefully without making it clear that they are the seer.

I didn't like being misquoted at the time and I like it even less now. The fact that you are continuing to come up with reasons to lynch me leaves me with no choice but to

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST

And, at this point, I'm enjoying typing that out. I won't curse you out and call you a dumb player at the end of the game like RealDeal did with Blade in their argument a few games back, but if you are a villager then you have big-time jeopardized our chances of winning this game.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #954
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've been waiting for that. Of course you're "troubled" for having to vote for me. I'm sure the wolves would have trouble with that. Misquoted? Ha. I didn't quote you. I said I thought you called out the seer, and now I'm going to have to go back and look.

You can't curse me out, because you know I'm a villager, wolfman.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #955
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Disagree with this one a bit as well. The seer needs to identify a wolf before they get killed. They fail if they don't deliver this, they succeed if they do. As you get later in the game the dependency on the seer should diminish. There are more votes to evaluate to help flag a wolf. There are more posts to read to help flag a wolf. A wolf has to lie throughout the game and eventually they start to add up.

Of course, a seer can't deliver a wolf if they have picked the wrong people to view.

If a seer can get a wolf lynched without revealing their role that is ideal, but it is also quite hard and almost never happens.

This, wolfie, is the post I was referring to. Makes sense you'd want the seer to reveal himself.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:34 PM   #956
hoopsguy
General Manager

For everyone who is scoring at home in my argument with Ardent, look at Post #891 which re-caps posts #701-750.

Here is the line that I think set this in motion:
Quote:
Impressions: Heat really got turned up on Ardent in this block of posts.

Felt pretty innocuous when I typed it, but perhaps he doesn't want more discussion on this? He is putting pressure on me for my vote on the RPI lynching, but several people were trying to figure out his game on this day. I think this is a case where AE feels like the best defense is a good offense. He came out with his vote for me, along with his voting patterns post, seven posts later.

Blade also called out Ardent in Post #703. He died the next night.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM   #957
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sure, and blade probably called you out as well at some point. We all know blade. Good try, wolfman.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:36 PM   #958
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

When I left today after calling out Ardent, my main thought was that he seemed to be defending himself pretty well, and was leaning toward trying to vote Barkeep(although I would never get the votes) or work on Saldana, since he misunderstood me earlier in the day and seemed very defensive when all I said was we need to take a look at him today.

Now I come back to this mess. Let me take a deeper look at what has gone down and I can atleast give you guys my opinion of this mess.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #959
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heat got turned up? Nah. No heat here whatsoever. I'm a villager, and you know it. Sure, I'm expecting a wolf visit tomorrow night, but who isn't? I sure as heck hope it isn't you, though.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #960
hoopsguy
General Manager

Do you think calling me a wolf in every post strengthens your argument?

You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.
You are a wolf.

OK, now I feel like I have made a more compelling case. Wow, very refreshing. Thanks for teaching me this trick.

As far as post #955 goes, what part of that do you not agree with? Do you think it is better for the seer to be subtle and fail to lynch the wolf? The seer has to, at a minimum, get their 1:1 tradeoff. If they can do better then that then that is optimal, but dying before they get a single wolf is an abject failure.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #961
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Now I come back to this mess. Let me take a deeper look at what has gone down and I can atleast give you guys my opinion of this mess.

Take your time, and please review my posts.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:39 PM   #962
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
As far as post #955 goes, what part of that do you not agree with? Do you think it is better for the seer to be subtle and fail to lynch the wolf? The seer has to, at a minimum, get their 1:1 tradeoff. If they can do better then that then that is optimal, but dying before they get a single wolf is an abject failure.

I suppose I misquoted you, eh?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:43 PM   #963
hoopsguy
General Manager

Again, what part of it do you disagree with? You are the one who raised the idea that I'm trying to "out" the seer as a way of showing I'm a wolf. We have two different posts from me in this game where I comment on the role of the seer in this game. Help me understand where my conceptions on how the seer should play are flawed based on these two posts. Help me understand where I'm playing for team wolf by saying that the seer should, at a minimum, make sure they bag their wolf.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #964
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Sure, and blade probably called you out as well at some point. We all know blade. Good try, wolfman.

HEY!, not cool...so what if i get a little trigger happy sometimes
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #965
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I believe I've been wrong this whole time, and I also think that I can see what is going on here.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #966
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

The question isn't who Blade called out at some point. It is 'why was he killed last night?'

I would argue that it is because that by the end of Day 3 he was close enough to something that the wolves felt threatened. The post that I cited where he is after you took place pretty late in Day 3.

Wolf.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #967
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If you recall, as your spinning to defend yourself, I mentioned I thought you called out the seer. You then forced my hand (which I should have expected) and I had to search your posts.

Do I think you're trying to call out the seer? Yeah. Kudos to the seer for not buying it. In my opinion the seer should remain hidden, low key if you will, at all times. I've got a few people in mind who just may be the seer, but I'm sure as heck not sharing that with you.

I think you, as a wolf, would much rather trade one for one, than say one for two or three. I suspect you have two buddies out there as well. Though I may be wrong, maybe you only have one.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #968
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dubb, care to provide a little more explanation than that? I would prefer that the other villagers have clearly stated cases against me to review tomorrow night in the event that I am lynched.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #969
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I believe I've been wrong this whole time, and I also think that I can see what is going on here.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Thank you, dubb. You move a step closer in the circle.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #970
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
The question isn't who Blade called out at some point. It is 'why was he killed last night?'

Of course, it's not that anymore. A wolf would love to spin, spin, and spin, wouldn't he?

I think YOU had him killed because he probably posted the most out of any of us. In fact, while searching your posts a few minutes back, I think I came across one where you mentioned "how valuable" he was to us.

Ironic he died, eh?
Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #971
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dubb, care to provide a little more explanation than that? I would prefer that the other villagers have clearly stated cases against me to review tomorrow night in the event that I am lynched.

I will tomorrow, I promise. I want every villager to come and check the thread tomorrow and see if they got out of it what I got.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:58 PM   #972
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I just passed 1,000 posts about 5 posts ago. HOORAH!

*now, back to your regularly shceduled werewolf*
Old 11-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #973
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Do I think you're trying to call out the seer? Yeah. Kudos to the seer for not buying it. In my opinion the seer should remain hidden, low key if you will, at all times. I've got a few people in mind who just may be the seer, but I'm sure as heck not sharing that with you.

I think you, as a wolf, would much rather trade one for one, than say one for two or three. I suspect you have two buddies out there as well. Though I may be wrong, maybe you only have one.

You didn't respond to my posts at all, only to the idea of calling out the seer.

I think the wolves are only happy to trade one-for-one during the end game, not early on. I also think that the value of the seer depreciates as the game goes on, since the total number of posts by everyone make it incrementatlly tougher each day for a wolf to maintain a false persona. That, coupled with the increasing chances of the wolf taking out the seer, would lead me to argue that they need to ensure that an identified wolf is terminated the next day. Ideally they draw info from the wolf prior to lynching him. Ideally they are able to remain "hidden, low key if you will" while executing this move. But if those objectives are not able to be realized then I think the seer has to out himself to ensure that a wolf is in fact lynched.

I think that this discussion is serving as a smoke-screen for your lack of any basis for voting for me:
1.) I post too much?
2.) I didn't vote the way you wanted yesterday?
All of your other arguments are based upon me having knowledge of other people as a wolf. That argument is equally applicable to any person you accuse of being a wolf. I maintain that you, as a wolf, would have knowledge of everyone else's villager status.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #974
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Maybe the seer has more than one of you guys picked out already. You got me. I'd hope so, though picking through the mass of players could possibly mean he doesn't even have one. Through the process of elimination (wasted views, deaths), the seer has a better chance of finding a wolf. The more the game continues for the seer, the odds increase each day and he could conceivably bag more than one. I'm sure the wolves wouldn't want this, which may explain why you said his ability diminishes. That is what you said, right?

Smoke screen? Hardly. Besides you, blade may have provided the most intel. He's now dead. Coincidence, or did I set that up? Hardly. I would have taken you out, and let the villagers take out blade.

This would be easy, what villager really doesn't want to lynch blade on a daily basis, anyway? (No offense, buddy) But that couldn't happen, could it? Because I'm not the wolf. I would have made that happen. You are the wolf. That's the reason you're still around. I'm still kicking myself for putting this all together earlier.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #975
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Darn, everyone went to bed.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #976
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This would be easy, what villager really doesn't want to lynch blade on a daily basis, anyway? (No offense, buddy)

What ever happened to respecting the dead god damnit...i hate everyone
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:48 PM   #977
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
What ever happened to respecting the dead god damnit...i hate everyone
The dead should remain quiet
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #978
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- I'm not convinced yet that Hoops is a wolf. Frankly I was more convinced before Dubb threw his weight that way.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #979
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I would love to hear more explanation from Wednesday and Raiders about the reasoning for their votes.
Initially, I cast a vote to try to create an alternative to RPI-Fan, so that we could get some information from vote-swapping. By the end, I had decided that the vote I initially cast somewhat capriciously was actually the place that I preferred to have my vote. I had talked myself out of RPI as a wolf (reasons enumerated above), and felt better about kingfc22 as a wolf than dubb93.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 PM   #980
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
dola

did we ever figure out why Mr. Wednesday voted for RPI on day one but then voted for King on day three?
For better or worse, I talked myself out of thinking RPI was a wolf. Appearances indicate that I was correct in doing so, although we'll have to wait to see if I really was right.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-20-2005, 10:56 PM   #981
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
well obviously

i was just wondering what in RPI's actions lead him to think that he was no long a wolf or what in King's actions lead him to believe that his more likely a wolf candidate
I posted my reasoning on why RPI was not a wolf upthread. I've got too much to go through (and FOFC is too sluggish loading at home) for me to dig the post out now.

I don't have a solid reason for king, it was just a sort of gut feeling based on looking at vote histories. I'm not convinced it was right -- I may or may not vote for him again today.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #982
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I'm still wating for Mr. W to respond to my post #890
Kinda hard for me to reply to it when I haven't been online to read it.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #983
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
DOLA -- I'm not convinced yet that Hoops is a wolf. Frankly I was more convinced before Dubb threw his weight that way.

Barkeep, don't fall for the okie doke.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #984
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm going to repost the full list here, for reasons to be discussed below.

saldana
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
hoopsguy
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
McSweeny
Mr. Wednesday
dubb93
Barkeep49

I feel like we're getting sidetracked into an ardent vs. hoops showdown (with dubb possibly making it a three-way), and I didn't really want everyone else to get lost in the shuffle here (which might benefit the wolves). Neither pennywise nor Raiders Army has caught much more than a cursory glimpse here, which is a little odd in the case of the latter when you consider that he voted for both Passacaglia and RPI-Fan. Sack-saldana has really hardly been discussed at all, but on the other hand, with the all-day absence in the previous day, we've got no record (positive or negative) there.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #985
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't view it as a sidetrack, and in the end, I hope you won't either, Mr. W. Think about what hoops has said, what's he's posted. I think you'll come to the same conclusion I have.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:33 PM   #986
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I've been thinking about a number of things, and right now only the HT supporter bet is keeping me from being very suspicious about you. At any rate, I will be sure to take a long look at hoopsguy tomorrow (when I don't have to wait a minute for each page to load) and we'll see what I think.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #987
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fair enough, Mr. W. I think you'll see where I'm coming from at that point. Just too convenient that he's still around, you know?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:36 PM   #988
Poli
FOFC Survivor

With that, I'm stepping off my soapbox and going to bed.

Good night, villagers.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 AM   #989
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I posted my reasoning on why RPI was not a wolf upthread. I've got too much to go through (and FOFC is too sluggish loading at home) for me to dig the post out now.

I don't have a solid reason for king, it was just a sort of gut feeling based on looking at vote histories. I'm not convinced it was right -- I may or may not vote for him again today.
fair enough, thanks Mr. Wednesday

i'm not quite sure what to think about the Ardent-Hoops back and forth. would i be too paranoid to think that they are both wolves putting on a show for us? i do find myself leaning towards Ardent for some reason...

however, until we hear from him, my vote stands with pennywise
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:31 AM   #990
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thanks, McSweeny. I'd encourage you to change your vote, however. I think we can fight the pennywise battle another day. If penny is a wolf and hasn't been checking in, that's actually kind of a bonus for us.

What I believe we have here is a wolf trying to lead us astray. Sure enough, he's been pointing the finger at me. I totally expected it.

Just ask yourself, what you be doing as a wolf? Would you let the main contributor to discussions live? If I were a bad guy, he wouldn't be alive right now, and that's that. That's what has me sold, quite frankly. His reactions to my accusations, in my opinion, have been poor. I think he's grasping at straws.

Furthermore:

Quote:

Here is the next thought - if someone else is the herbalist should they come forward and condemn Pass directly or try to be subtle about it? I think a one-to-one trade is probably worth it, but it would be even better to succeed in guiding the group to hang the fake herbalist while maintaining their secrecy. I think this would be very hard to do but would stand up and applaud at the end of the game if someone does pull that off.

Hoops here is trying to call out the herbalist by the chance that pass wasn't. If hoops was a villager, would he want this? I highly doubt it. Villagers want good guys with secret roles to lay low.

Quote:

Finally, why do I have the feeling that I'm walking down the same path I did defending the wolf digamma a few games back (was that Village of the Damned?) and having to defend myself like crazy for the rest of the game?
That's probably because he knew he was a wolf. At some point, someone was going to call him out on it.

Don't fall for it guys. We need to remove hoops. Obviously, the wolves have left him alive for a very simple reason. He is one of them.

[qoute=hoopsguy]If you want to wager on me being a wolf then let me know how much money I should collect from you. That bet is on when you say the word. [/quote]
Quote:
I'm so sold on you being a wolf, it's on.
Instead of money, we'll bet a lunch or dinner at The Silo in Lake Bluff. It'll have to be after Thanksgiving, as I'll be out of town until then. Sunday, if the game is over, is perfect for me, especially since you'll be paying. It's on like Donkey Kong. I just want to make sure the details are all set. Agreed?

Quote:
I'm also gaining suspicion on, and I hate to say it, hoopsguy. Hoops cast a vote on me the first day, the last vote on Sndvls, and a vote on dubb93 of no consequence at a critical time. My guess would be the wolves would spread their votes out on day 1, perhaps one of them "helping" us along in killing a fellow villager. That fits as Sndvls wasted his vote on the first day. Hoops has provided a lot of information, but that may be to help us think he's a good guy. I may be out in left field with this, but the picture seems to be getting clear for me as I type this. Hoops would also (know, originally I left out this word) RPI was a villager and that he would be hung. If hoops is a wolf, he'd known the true identity of both dubb93 and kingfc (whom I suspect is a wolf as well). Perhaps he cast that "wasted" vote on dubb93 so he could make sure that kingfc was "safe", and not draw suspicion for piling on to RPI. For example, my suspicion of Blade6119 rose when he cast the last vote on RPI.

I've got to leave for class again now, and will be back on later tonight. Let's talk about this. Is HOOPS a WOLF?

VOTE HOOPSGUY

I want to keep this message on the front.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:49 AM   #991
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I'm going to repost the full list here, for reasons to be discussed below.

saldana
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
hoopsguy
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
McSweeny
Mr. Wednesday
dubb93
Barkeep49

I feel like we're getting sidetracked into an ardent vs. hoops showdown (with dubb possibly making it a three-way), and I didn't really want everyone else to get lost in the shuffle here (which might benefit the wolves). Neither pennywise nor Raiders Army has caught much more than a cursory glimpse here, which is a little odd in the case of the latter when you consider that he voted for both Passacaglia and RPI-Fan. Sack-saldana has really hardly been discussed at all, but on the other hand, with the all-day absence in the previous day, we've got no record (positive or negative) there.

Bolded part mine. Look, what you guys have to understand is on the Day 1 votes, there were four people who voted for Pass. Two of them are dead. The other two are McSweeny and me.

[i]Do you guys not realize that a wolf had to have voted for Pass???[i] I know this throws me on the chopping block, but either McSweeny or I are a wolf. I know I'm not a wolf, so McSweeny has to be a wolf! Throughout all your arguing you guys have suspicions on McSweeny. There are reasons for that.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 AM   #992
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

Just ask yourself, what [would] (I guess I woke up quick on the draw, and missed a word) you be doing as a wolf? Would you let the main contributor to discussions live? If I were a bad guy, he wouldn't be alive right now, and that's that. That's what has me sold, quite frankly. His reactions to my accusations, in my opinion, have been poor. I think he's grasping at straws.

Further, I don't want the seer to step out and prove me right. If the seer has scanned hoops, please, keep it to yourself. I think we have enough evidence as is, we don't need you to reveal yourself.

I'd encourage you to scan me next, but it will likely be wasted. I have no doubt the wolves will kill me tonight. Instead, I'd like to ask you scan one of the people I think may be a wolf as well, if you haven't already.

Quote:
I'm also gaining suspicion on, and I hate to say it, hoopsguy. Hoops cast a vote on me the first day, the last vote on Sndvls, and a vote on dubb93 of no consequence at a critical time. My guess would be the wolves would spread their votes out on day 1, perhaps one of them "helping" us along in killing a fellow villager. That fits as Sndvls wasted his vote on the first day. Hoops has provided a lot of information, but that may be to help us think he's a good guy. I may be out in left field with this, but the picture seems to be getting clear for me as I type this. Hoops would also (know, originally I left out this word) RPI was a villager and that he would be hung. If hoops is a wolf, he'd known the true identity of both dubb93 and kingfc (whom I suspect is a wolf as well). Perhaps he cast that "wasted" vote on dubb93 so he could make sure that kingfc was "safe", and not draw suspicion for piling on to RPI. For example, my suspicion of Blade6119 rose when he cast the last vote on RPI.

I've got to leave for class again now, and will be back on later tonight. Let's talk about this. Is HOOPS a WOLF?

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Old 11-21-2005, 05:56 AM   #993
Poli
FOFC Survivor

RA, I've posted as much previously. I believe one of you to be a wolf. However, I have a stronger belief hoopsguy is a wolf. I'd love to fight the RA/McSweeny battle, as I'm sure one of you to be a wolf, but I think I'm on to something here with hoopsguy.

Look at the evidence against hoopsguy and let's fight the RA/McSweeny battle another day. I'd be more than happy to do so tomorrow if I'm alive and if we take out hoopsguy.

In fact, the seer could even scan one of you, if he hasn't already.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #994
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent's Wolf Suspect list:

1. Hoopsguy
1A. Hoopsguy
2. Kingfc22
3. RA/McSweeny.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:27 AM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, please do me a favor and list the post #'s as well when you quote me. That way if anyone wants to actually try and revisit the context of the post they can look it up.

Like this - Post #990
Quote:
Sure enough, he's been pointing the finger at me. I totally expected it.

Anyone who has bothered to read the last 100 posts we had back-and-forth would see that I tried VERY hard to give you the benefit of the doubt as a misled villager. But once you decided to attack every post I made it became unproductive for me to try to build a case for anyone else.

Again, post #990:
Quote:
Just ask yourself, what you be doing as a wolf? Would you let the main contributor to discussions live? If I were a bad guy, he wouldn't be alive right now, and that's that. That's what has me sold, quite frankly.

I'm not really trying to figure out why I'm alive to post at this point. I recognize that when I play an active game that I increase the risk of the wolves going after me early. But if Blade was still alive today would Ardent be going after him instead?

In terms of total post count, I'm not at the top of the list. Of course, you're full-court attack on me has kept me from working on stuff like this, but here are the raw post numbers through Day 2 (Post #783 was last one):

Blade - 128
Mr W - 71 (came into game late, add Schmidty's posts and it is 78)
Dubb - 56
RPI - 51
Hoopsguy - 48
Raiders - 48
Cronin - 43
Ardent - 35
McSweeny - 34
Barkeep - 32
SnDvls - 22
King - 21
Pennywise - 18
Fozzie - 15
Sack/Saldana - 11

Now I was away from my computer for about 24 hours earlier in the game, so my post count is a little lower because of this. But even if I had posted heavily that day would I be posting more than MrW? Certainly I would not have posted more than Blade. This "leader of the conversation" argument is really bogus. It is the kind of crappy argument you come up with when you don't have anything tangible to work with. A wolf cannot prove that a villager is a wolf. So they have to use smoke and mirrors to try and fool people into believing it.

One more time from Post #990:
Quote:
His reactions to my accusations, in my opinion, have been poor. I think he's grasping at straws.

I'm not at all surprised you think my reactions have been poor. I know that I already have your vote so I guess I don't really care what your reaction is. I do care, a great deal, about the reactions of everyone else participating in the game. You saying that I'm grasping at straws doesn't mean anything because it is your job to build fear, uncertainty, and doubt around me while the other wolf (or wolves) sit in the background unnoticed all day long.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:29 AM   #996
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nice. Hoops spends 30 minutes viewing the thread without defending himself. Why? My guess is he's having to think of another way of spinning this on me.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #997
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola, there you are!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #998
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #996 from MrW:
Quote:
right now only the HT supporter bet is keeping me from being very suspicious about you

It also factored into me trying to view him as a non-wolf for awhile. Heck, it is entirely possible that he is an insane villager. But I can't continue to play my usual game with him jumping on every post I make. So I have to bring the assault to him at the expense of trying to figure out any other aspects of the game. On that level, I think the wolves are already scoring a victory. It just becomes a monster victory if he is a villager.

Note that I didn't bet him that he is a villager. I bet him that I'm not a wolf. I didn't bet on what I didn't know with 100% certainty. I bet on what I do know to be fact.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:36 AM   #999
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nice try. Let's see...I'll have to go back, but as I recall, you wrote both somewhere in the early 200's. They're quoted by Blade6119, who, by the way, was also calling you out back then (that's 299 and 316, if you'd like proof, wolfie).

You see, I don't need 30 minutes to try and dig up dirt. I'm a villager. I don't have to try and sit around and think up lies to feed the villagers. I'm plain and honest. You're not.

As far as post counts, I'm not worried about that. It's the content. In my opinion, Mr. W hasn't taken the lead here, you have. Clearly you were more worried about Blade6119, or you would have already killed Mr. Wednesday by now. Heck, maybe Mr. W is a wolf as well, but I'm concentrating on you.

The plain truth is, you'd be the #1 target of any of us if we were wolves and you were a villager. The fact you're still alive is incredible. It means you're a wolf. You have to go.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:36 AM   #1000
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola, and you never officially agreed. The Silo okay with you?