Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #1301
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Well, it looks like you guys have it all figured out. Congratulations

Do you care to give evidence why you aren't a wolf? Comments like the above don't have me re-thinking my conclusions.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:48 PM   #1302
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What evidence could I possibly give you? I don't think I've been cleared by anyone so I'm somewhat resigned to my fate. Here's my catch-22:

If I "offer" someone else up to you guys, I'm a wolf. If I don't, then I'm a wolf. I'm screwed in either case, so I'm going to take my ball and go home...

(j/k on the ball thing. Play all you want!)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM   #1303
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And besides, I'm Cocky and Funny. The Cocky part I have...Funny is another story.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #1304
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
Dubb, any thoughts? Are we down to 2 wolves or do you still think there is another one?

There almost has to be 3. No other reason for Barkeep to pull this ploy right now. Like I said, he was in the clear and most likely thought that he could get away with anything, but I don't think he would do this if he won the vote tonight, I was lynched and proved a villager and they still didn't win.....

On second thought, lets play the numbers game and assume Barkeep is the brutal...

5 villages
2 wolves

I'm killed tonight

4 villagers
2 wolves

another in the night kill

3 villagers
2 wolves

Barkeep is lynched and takes a villager with him

2 villagers
1 wolf

Wolves kill a villager

1 villager
1 wolf

Wolves win. We could easily only be up against 2 wolf at this point. Like I said, end game strategy.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:58 PM   #1305
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
but I'm unsure of Saldana and Cronin at this point.

St. Cronin was the witness. Unless bribed(and I know this isn't a mafia game), Cronin is still the witness.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #1306
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
St. Cronin was the witness. Unless bribed(and I know this isn't a mafia game), Cronin is still the witness.

Good point. Your analysis above is really good too. I'm almost certain then that we are down to 2 wolves.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:01 PM   #1307
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Is there a deadline this week, or do we have until after thanksgiving?

tonight is the last night, then we take the break. The deadline is still 8PM I do believe.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #1308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow. I'm amazed.

Ask yourself: Why would I come out as a blessed if I'm a wolf? I have even more trust than dubb does at this point thanks to Ardent's faith in me. Let me repeat that another way: THE SEER HAD TRUST in me. Why would the seer say such a thing? The conclusion is inescapable: he had viewed me, and found me to be a villager. Such a conclusion does not surprise me in the least.

Clearly the wolves panicked when they failed in their kill last night and out dubb came. Like I said, I think they thought that the identity fo the attacker was revealed through the blessed hence dubb's pre-emptive strike.

I make no statement for Raiders, as he will have to stand or fall on his own merits. However, the villagers have made a lot of poor plays in this game, such as killing the herbalist on the first day. To now not believe the Seer strikes me as the most foolish of all.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #1309
st.cronin
General Manager

UNVOTE PENNYWISESB

VOTE RAIDER'S ARMY
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #1310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
There almost has to be 3. No other reason for Barkeep to pull this ploy right now. Like I said, he was in the clear and most likely thought that he could get away with anything, but I don't think he would do this if he won the vote tonight, I was lynched and proved a villager and they still didn't win.....

Notice how he has had trouble coming up for a reason that I've said what I've said. I was in the clear. If I say nothing today and let dubb get away with his lie, I continue to be alive. Why should I risk my neck except to get a wolf?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #1311
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Like I said, I think they thought that the identity fo the attacker was revealed through the blessed hence dubb's pre-emptive strike.

I'm not that stupid first off. And if you continue through the thread you will see the numbers game we played and the reason for you coming out today. You kill me today in the vote, you guys win. We worked through the numbers Mr. Brutal Wolf.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #1312
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well then it is just as likely for you to be the brutal wolf isn't it? Convient that YOU were the one who came up with the numbers, no? Guess it shows that striking first is striking right.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:59 PM   #1313
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well then it is just as likely for you to be the brutal wolf isn't it?

No, I'm not a wolf. I already said how I would have played this. You FUBAR today Barkeep. Even being the brutal I would not have came out today.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #1314
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well amazingly enough now seems like a good time to post the thing I was holding back before when I voted for dubb. I held it back because it seemed circumstantial. However, with the new facts it seems important.

After SnDvls kill was announced there were only three of us in the thread between when the kill went up and Neon posted the answers to some questions: Hoops, Dubb, and myself. I thought it likely that the wolves were the ones asking for clarification since they had the most to gain by learning about the blessed. Now that we know that hoops was a wolf, this makes even more sense as Dubb and he were clearly communicating. Circumstantial before, damning now I think.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #1315
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

FUBAR=Fucked up being all repair for those who don't know.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #1316
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well amazingly enough now seems like a good time to post the thing I was holding back before when I voted for dubb. I held it back because it seemed circumstantial. However, with the new facts it seems important.

After SnDvls kill was announced there were only three of us in the thread between when the kill went up and Neon posted the answers to some questions: Hoops, Dubb, and myself. I thought it likely that the wolves were the ones asking for clarification since they had the most to gain by learning about the blessed. Now that we know that hoops was a wolf, this makes even more sense as Dubb and he were clearly communicating. Circumstantial before, damning now I think.

Reaching for straws? I don't even remember this happening, let me go back through the thread.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #1317
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
No, I'm not a wolf. I already said how I would have played this. You FUBAR today Barkeep. Even being the brutal I would not have came out today.
So we're just supposed to believe that you'd tell us your true strategy? If someoen else had come up with your "number" analysis it would give it more credibility.

One of us was cleared by the seer, one of us was not. That should be the beginning and the end of this story. I see penny is also in the thread. I still have faith that the villagers will see dubb's play, with complete strategy now revealed, for what it is. It's a bold play telling the complete truth about why the brutal wolf should reveal himself now. I hope penny, st.cronin, king, raiders, and saldana see it for what it truly is.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #1318
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Here is another lie guys. Go through the thread yourselves. SNDVLS was lynched on pg. 10. My next post is on pg. 11 trying to make sense of SirFozzie's death over 3 hours later.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #1319
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
One of us was cleared by the seer

Lets get 1 thing straight. You were cleared by my interpretation of Ardent's play. No one else has even tried to interpret it. You were never cleared by Ardent. The same time he listed you as in his zone of trust he listed Blade. Then when Blade died he just listed you, but it was obvious that he scanned RPI and Hoopsguy, I just assumed he scanned you. It is now looking more like he scanned Blade.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #1320
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Here is another lie guys. Go through the thread yourselves. SNDVLS was lynched on pg. 10. My next post is on pg. 11 trying to make sense of SirFozzie's death over 3 hours later.
Right. You were in the thread for an extended period of time without posting. It was what raised my suspicion.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 PM   #1321
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The same time he listed you as in his zone of trust he listed Blade.

Blade turned out to be a villager when killed by the wolves. This is the best evidence yet for why I should be spared. The wolves saw me as a target: I had been cleared by the seer. They attempted to kill me, and got unlucky becuase I was blessed. The rest has been one long deception play by dubb.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #1322
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Right. You were in the thread for an extended period of time without posting. It was what raised my suspicion.

You ever think I may have been trying to...you know....gasp...try and get some evidence and review what the hell just happened? I'm not going to deny that I was in the thread a while without posting or not, b/c honestly I have no freakin clue, but if I was it was to move the voting along since I cast the first vote the next day.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #1323
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Blade turned out to be a villager when killed by the wolves. This is the best evidence yet for why I should be spared. The wolves saw me as a target: I had been cleared by the seer. They attempted to kill me, and got unlucky becuase I was blessed. The rest has been one long deception play by dubb.

Ardent had 3 views before his death. 1 was RPI, 2 was Blade, 3 was Hoopsguy.

Last edited by dubb93 : 11-23-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #1324
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

In other games that may have made sense, but in this game, due to your low activity level, I don't think you would have been a good target. I think you are grasping at straws here with this defense.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #1325
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wrong again Dubb. Ardent had 4 views. Nights 0-3.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #1326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Furthermore, if ardent cleared Blade and placed us in the same level of trust that should mean we were equally as likely to be scanned. The seer clearing me is where your argument falls short. Each statement you make proves this more and more.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #1327
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It doesn't say there is a night 0 action, and rarely is there one. Everytime there has been it was always written in the rules, try again.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #1328
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Furthermore, if ardent cleared Blade and placed us in the same level of trust that should mean we were equally as likely to be scanned. The seer clearing me is where your argument falls short. Each statement you make proves this more and more.

He never cleared you. I cleared you, and you are trying to use that against me. If I was a wolf I would have known it was you that were attacked, why would I want to try and outplay a guy that I have already cleared instead of letting it go?

You are trying to make me out to be an idiot here, which I am not.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #1329
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
ROLES HAVE BEEN SENT OUT. Cupid, you pick two players who are "lovers". Seer, you may view a player in Night(0). There will be no kills in Night(0). Voting begins on Wednesday, deadline will be at 8:00 PM EST.

No you lose wolf.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #1330
st.cronin
General Manager

UNVOTE RAIDER'S ARMY

VOTE BARKEEP 49

I think I'm finally convinced... we'll find out soon enough.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #1331
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Simple game, no? Gauging interest. Just post below if you want in.

:Primary Roles: (Each player is guaranteed to one of these roles)
Werewolf - You belong to a pack of werewolves. You may choose to kill one person each night.
Villager - You are a villager, and your sole purpose is to survive.
Seer - You are the seer, and can view the true identity of a man or wolf. Each night you may choose to view the true identity of one player.
Herbalist - You possess a bag of wolfsbane, the deadliest herb known to all wolfkind. Each night, you may choose to protect someone by slipping wolfsbane upon him. You may not choose someone two nights in a row. You may, however, choose yourself.
Duke - You are the Duke, disguised as a petty farmer, as a one-time action you may choose to prevent one person from being lynched and instead have someone else be the target of the lynching.
Witness - As a one-time skill, you may choose to view the killing of an innocent during the night. If noone is killed, then you waste your view.

:Supplementary Roles, Villager/Seer/Herbalist/Duke/Witness: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Cursed - You are cursed, and have been so since birth. If bitten by a werewolf, you will join their ranks. Of course, you will not know that you are cursed until you are bitten by a wolf.
Blessed - You are blessed, and have been so since birth. If bitten by a werewolf, you will be granted a second chance at life. You do not know that you are blessed until bitten by a werewolf... note that this does not save you from lynching.
Cupid - In a previous life, you were Cupid. In the beginning of the game, you may assign two players to be "lovers". You may not choose yourself.

:Supplementaty Roles, Werewolves: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Brutal - You are a vicious wolf, and if lynched, you may choose to bring one person of your choice to the grave with you.
Cunning - You are a deceitful wolf, and if lynched, you will not reveal yourself as a werewolf upon death.

:Supplementary Roles, All: (You may or may not be given these roles, note that there could be one or more of these)
Lover - You are fraternally and eternally bonded with your "lover", upon the death of your lover, you shall die as well. You know who your "lover" is, and vice versa. However, you may not PM each other.

Rules:

There will be two phases, a Day Phase and a Night Phase.

During the Day Phase, everyone votes to lynch one player. In case of a tie, the player who got his first vote last will be lynched.

During the Night Phase, all players with Night actions may choose to do their actions, or do nothing at all. Only one Werewolf will PM me the Werewolves' choice of slaughter, and that Werewolf will do the killing.

Note that a supplementary role may be mixed with a primary role, so we might have a "Seer/Blessed" in the game, or a "Duke/Cursed". The effect of being Cursed is that you lose your primary role and become a werewolf instead.

If a player is lynched, his Primary Role is revealed, if a Cunning wolf is killed, he will only be viewed as a Villager.

Deadlines are still tentative.

Werewolves win if they reach a 1:1 ratio with the villagers. Villagers win if all werewolves are dead.

Players: (If you're not in here and you signed up, tell me)
SackAttack
st.cronin
kingfc22
Raiders Army
Passacaglia
hoopsguy
RPI-Fan
ardent enthusiast
pennywisesb
SnDvls
McSweeny
Schmidty
SirFozzie
dubb93
Barkeep49

I don't see that anywhere in this post.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 PM   #1332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Try post 39. Just because you make things up, doesn't mean I do.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #1333
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

post 39. That still don't mean he viewed you. My best guess is he viewed his lover on that night. Although that is strichtly a guess. But I will make ya a bet over this if you aren't against bets.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:25 PM   #1334
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

How about this, at the end of the game I turn out to be a wolf, I won't long in for a month, you turn out to be a wolf, you don't log in for a month.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:26 PM   #1335
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
post 39. That still don't mean he viewed you. My best guess is he viewed his lover on that night. Although that is strichtly a guess. But I will make ya a bet over this if you aren't against bets.
I've always been against bets and have told Ardent such. On Night 0 he couldn't have viewed his lover, as cupid hadn't sent that out yet. Cronin: his house of cards is falling down. Please please make the right decision here so you can win your first game.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #1336
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My bet still stands with or without him. Anyway, it all depends on when Ardent sent in his view and when Fozzie sent in his lovers. I'm standing by my prediction.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #1337
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Can we please set an official "No bets" rule ASAP?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:41 PM   #1338
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

agreed
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #1339
st.cronin
General Manager

I also agree. It's very poor form.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 PM   #1340
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

ight then, the bet is off, but you analyze enough Ardent posts and runs off on ya little bit.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:50 PM   #1341
Poli
FOFC Survivor

OOG: Dubb, I've already apologized for introducing the betting phase into the game. If it's not clear, let me be now. I probably shouldn't have started it.

I don't view it as "poor form," but it hurts the game, be it for the wolves or villagers. Bets press a player into a level of honesty that probably shouldn't be allowed in this game.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:51 PM   #1342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
ight then, the bet is off, but you analyze enough Ardent posts and runs off on ya little bit.

Who, me?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:51 PM   #1343
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Can we please set an official "No bets" rule ASAP?

Not necessary, I won't be introducing this into future games.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #1344
Raiders Army
Coordinator

So all bets are off?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #1345
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So all bets are off?

, you could say that
Old 11-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #1346
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I am cocky and funny for at least 7 more posts.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #1347
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You do realize you are still in a game of werewolf, right?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #1348
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

...b/c I'm not sure you realize it is still going on based on your last 3 posts...

Quote:
And besides, I'm Cocky and Funny. The Cocky part I have...Funny is another story.

Quote:
So all bets are off?

Quote:
Old 11-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #1349
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
So all bets are off?
Yessir.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #1350
Raiders Army
Coordinator

So I'm not funny???????