Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #1
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

Why I already love Total Pro Football

Because of THAT :

Network-Style Game Previews

Shows time and date, and weather conditions for the week's games. Also, the .400 Sports Network's Game of the Week gives you a breakdown of the week's marquee match-up, telling you "why to watch" and "who to watch."

I've been dreaming for these kind of "network-style" features forever.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.

Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 01:32 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

My only problem is it only shows the breakdown for "the game of the week"...why? Why not do it for all games?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:53 PM   #3
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

I also think that there should be a Realtime Gameday ticker which shows scores and stats leaders from all around the league. Having said that, I too already love TPF. I just hope they deliver what they said they would deliver.
vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:54 PM   #4
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
My only problem is it only shows the breakdown for "the game of the week"...why? Why not do it for all games?

That would be cool as well. This would be a great addition to the game.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #5
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Trying to get some answers over at their forum is a tough job though
Old 09-14-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by vulcan

"I just hope they deliver what they said they would deliver"

This is your reason why. They answer your question, and you read to much into it, then they catch hell at release.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:29 PM   #7
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by lynchjm24

This is your reason why. They answer your question, and you read to much into it, then they catch hell at release.

HUH?
Old 09-14-2003, 03:32 PM   #8
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by lynchjm24

Buddy, alot of questions (not even concerning the game engine) have been unanswered. For example, player face editing, stadium editing, a few simple stats questions.

Why don't you get your facts straight before you post.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:32 PM   #9
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Maybe they're working hard trying to finish the game on time ?...
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:38 PM   #10
pjstp20
High School Varsity

I just hope the game is thouroughly beta tested and not rushed out. Im gona wait and see because I's sure it's gonna have some big bugs coming out of the gate. I know I'm a pessimist, but I think this game will eventually be very good.
pjstp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #11
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic flying froggies
Maybe they're working hard trying to finish the game on time ?...

Just to clarify this, I have ALWAYS been a strong backer of TPF since its anouncement. Just search other football game forums. I still believe that this is going to be the sim football game to beat. I am not complaining about the unanswered questions and I know that they are busy. This being said, I would still like some answers to a few questions and for me saying that, there is nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:47 PM   #12
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
I just hope the game is thouroughly beta tested and not rushed out. Im gona wait and see because I's sure it's gonna have some big bugs coming out of the gate. I know I'm a pessimist, but I think this game will eventually be very good.

Good gawd a revelation, I think this is the FIRST time I've heard this mentioned about a 400 SS product. I think you maybe on to something here.

My prediction is that if the "out early" issue is corrected by 400 there will still be jack-holes bringing it up years from now.....hehe, I hope that your kids remind you of every mistake you've ever made.

FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:48 PM   #13
FBPro
College Starter

I hope 400 doesn't rush this game out the door and have a fiasco just like w/ TDCB.......(posted for the 7,946 time....or roughly once for ever time someone mentions 400 ss).
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025

Last edited by FBPro : 09-14-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:54 PM   #14
QuikSand
lolzcat

Re: Why I already love Total Pro Football

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkiller
Because of THAT :

Network-Style Game Previews

Shows time and date, and weather conditions for the week's games. Also, the .400 Sports Network's Game of the Week gives you a breakdown of the week's marquee match-up, telling you "why to watch" and "who to watch."

I hope it tells us "whom to watch" instead. Hee hee.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:01 PM   #15
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Re: Re: Why I already love Total Pro Football

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand

lol, Quik, you're gold, man. Pure gold.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:01 PM   #16
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by FBPro
I hope 400 doesn't rush this game out the door and have a fiasco just like w/ TDCB.......(posted for the 7,946 time....or roughly once for ever time someone mentions 400 ss).

What are you a developer for .400 or something? Chill out dude, when they come out with a game thats playable right when it comes out then people will stop mentioning it.

Next time I post I'll make sure its ok with you so you won't throw a hissy fit.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #17
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

I know that vulcan has asked some questions, and he hasn't been answered as quickly as he would like, but then again the programmers are busy trying to get the game out to beta, there is a Community Manager for TPF that one of his jobs is to find out the answers for customers.

Maybe trying Erich Ingram the CM for TPF would be a good start.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #18
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Did someone say CM?

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:28 PM   #19
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

I am done with this (thread) because I do not want to come across as someone who complains. I am a huge fan of TPF already.The questions that I have asked are for development reasons, such as game enhancements and such. Maybe I came across the wrong way but I do not think that I have. Its not that I feel that my questions have not been answered "as quickly as I like" as hoosierdude said but some of the questions are about 4 weeks old.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How can you be a huge fan of something already when it doesn't even exist and the track record of the development team has been anything but stellar?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:34 PM   #21
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

Outstanding! You're my boy, blue!
Old 09-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #22
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
How can you be a huge fan of something already when it doesn't even exist and the track record of the development team has been anything but stellar?

Its simple EagleFan, I can be a huge fan just by simply...me wanting too.

EDIT: and so that you don't take that wrong,

I feel that Arlie is really listening to the community out there. EA doesn't. IMO Jim really doesn't (I bet I'll get bashed for that too), and FBpro no longer is made. So, having said that, TPF is brought high hopes for me as a sim football gamer. The TPF team seems to listen to what we want, they have made adjustments and have impressed me with what they have done so far.

Last edited by vulcan : 09-14-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:09 PM   #23
zippy256
n00b

Quote:
Its simple EagleFan, I can be a huge fan-boy just by simply...me wanting too.

That seems about right.
zippy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:14 PM   #24
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally posted by zippy256
That seems about right because I am too.

You have a PM zippady.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quik, if it goes through the same rigorous proof reading OOTP and other 400/OOTP have gone through, it will probably tell us "whose to watch."

Another observation/question for the peanut gallery: how can anyone be a "huge" fan of a game that hasn't been released yet? Is this fanboyism taken to a whole new level?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:28 PM   #26
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

kcchief19

LOL...thats beautiful. Hey this is just for you bro
Old 09-14-2003, 07:31 PM   #27
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
What are you a developer for .400 or something? Chill out dude, when they come out with a game thats playable right when it comes out then people will stop mentioning it.

Next time I post I'll make sure its ok with you so you won't throw a hissy fit.

NO, but bleeding MOG man...every friggin time 400SS is mentioned some "A" has to spout that off. Good grief you can set your watch by it, get over it. I guess you've never screwed something up and just LOVE it being thrown in your face.....I'm just trying to give the other side of the pillow a try.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #28
pjstp20
High School Varsity

You're telling me to get over it? How funny, I'm not the one whinning like a little bitch over something stupid. I just said I'm not gonna run to get this game because of their track record. I didn't realize this has been so overstated because I don't make the message boards rounds like I guess you do, but to call me an Ass for that? Grow up.

I guess we should live in your dumb world where no one is held accountable for anything right? I'd love to tell my boss to get over it and stop throwing my mistakes in my face if I screw up at work.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:55 PM   #29
tucker342
Pro Starter

hehe.

I'm with pjstp on this one... this game sounds promising, but it's wait and see for me right now
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:43 PM   #30
FBPro
College Starter

I never said we shouldn't wait, but IMO that statement about "hope they learned from blah, blah...." is kinda OLD news. Live in the present man.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:46 PM   #31
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Does it concern anybody else that they set a release date so far in advace? How do they know it will be ready then, and if it is not are they going to release it anyway?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:16 PM   #32
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

I believe that TPF just went into beta....not sure 100% though.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #33
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Whats with the damn tempers today? I'll kick all your asses.......
Old 09-14-2003, 09:46 PM   #34
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Because from what he has seen and heard he likes.

Also, HIS NIPLES!!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 10:39 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I've got some swamp land that I can sell you guys in Florida too, I'll show you a bunch of nice pictures of it and I'm sure you'll want to buy it.

I've got no problem with someone anticipating a game, but stop shilling for it. It might be the greatest game ever to hit the market. If that's the case I will be more than willing to say so but why get so worked up over a couple promises and a few screen shots.

As for the person complaining about .400's history being brought up when the game is mentioned, would you rather that be completely ignored? I guess NASA should not ever bring up the issue of the shuttle blowing up since it's a past failure and they shouldn't have to be reminded of it. You act as if the company has a history of many successes but is getting labeled because of one mistake. Climb down from that high horse.

Last edited by EagleFan : 09-14-2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:44 PM   #36
JeeberD
General Manager

Two p's Shorty, two p's...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:05 PM   #37
vulcan
In The Penalty Box

Quote:
I've got some swamp land that I can sell you guys in Florida too, I'll show you a bunch of nice pictures of it and I'm sure you'll want to buy it.

I've got no problem with someone anticipating a game, but stop shilling for it. It might be the greatest game ever to hit the market. If that's the case I will be more than willing to say so but why get so worked up over a couple promises and a few screen shots.

As for the person complaining about .400's history being brought up when the game is mentioned, would you rather that be completely ignored? I guess NASA should not ever bring up the issue of the shuttle blowing up since it's a past failure and they shouldn't have to be reminded of it. You act as if the company has a history of many successes but is getting labeled because of one mistake. Climb down from that high horse.

Eagle, I think you are the one getting worked up brother. If I was next to you right now I would do this, Eagle (open the jpeg).....

Last edited by vulcan : 09-14-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:51 PM   #38
FBPro
College Starter

No you don't forget it but I'd hazard a guess and say that just about every thread that mentions 400 has some reference to "that" ungodly, horrible mistake they made in releasing a game early. To me, that's just plain immature. You guys come on here and act like by mentioning it you are telling us something new.

Also, just as food for thought......at your job you goof up, make a mistake in judgement, whatever you want to call it - doesn't it just feel wonderful when every Tom, Dick and Harry brings it up(the goof or mistake) or if they would bring it up every time your name is mentioned in a conversation?

Yeah the NASA comparison is a "good" one. Game=shuttle, anybody home? Hey fine tatoo it on your forehead.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:09 AM   #39
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Alright FBPro, when I said I was gonna take a wait and see aproach to purchasing TPF I didn't act as if I was breaking any news, releasing classified info, or making a great revelation. Nor did I even reference a buggy program as "ungodly" or anything close to the sort. I just know it's gonna have bugs so I'm not particularily looking forward to it's initial release date, and so I expressed this opinion. Next time make sure that your comments are directed toward someone who fits the criteria you describe, so you don't look like the ass.

Now if you want, you can download it right when its available, try to play it and be dissapointed. Or maybe you get off on paying to beta test a game, who knows. If they release a flawless product, great, I'll eat my words but everyone know thats not gonna happen. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the date when this game will work properly.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:19 AM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If my job is creating something that you have to pay for and I don't provide you with what you paid for in my one and only attempt. Does that mean that you will just ignore it and hand your money over to me the very next thing I do for you. FBPro is proof there is one born every minute I guess.

As for the NASA comparison, I was exagerating the issue to make a point, hello, anyone home? If you want to be an ass on here, that's your decision.

It's people like you that have caused the PC games industry to deteriorate. Instead of demanding that games actually be worth the money when they are released you will rush right out and buy something because of what a developer promises you (even with a track record that sucks). I guess there is one born every minute.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #41
FBPro
College Starter

K, all that being said...I hope that the game lives up to our expectations and can be enjoyed by all here.