Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #4101
MrBug708
Head Coach

I only really brought it up as a point to get belief about being the Seer, though only Commo was the one really pressing that I wasn't the Seer. As someone earlier said, I had the best power, but it brought about the most likelihood of being lynched through conversion and corruption.

I had originally picked Hoops to be scanned instead of Narcizo, but at the last minute, went back to the original list and selected Narc instead. It was a stupid way of doing it, but I was just hoping to luck out and nail a wolf on a scan. I did, EF ran interference, and I died. It seems like both sides wanted me out of the game.

Had I survived the lynch, I probably would have been NK'ed
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #4102
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, no, if you had not got lynched that day I would have kept you in the game as long as I could. I was cunning, so you wouldn't catch me, and though you could narrow down the field: A) people wouldn't put much weight in your scans with conversions around, and B) There was a chance you could turn bad. I would have let you hang around forever, for that chance.

And yeah, your comment about the double scans would have probably convinced me you were legit, but you could still have been converted.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #4103
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This was very smart. My primary protection item--Charm Against Shapeshifters. If you had left me in the game and tried to NK me, it would have been game over.

I don't think that's true. I think it would have just prtoected you from GETTING shapechanged into. Not from getting killed by one perhaps. Although that's just a guess.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #4104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Charm protects against kills from the shapeshifter too

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #4105
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Questions:

dubb,
did you ACTUALLY intend to go after me the day after I died or was that a diversion.

dubb, did you actually intend to go after commo the night you said vote ccommo theree times or were you setting a trap. Zinto thought it was a total trap. Did you intend to go after Autumn or j23 instead? Or weren't you sure?

Autumn, did you think that was a trap? Is that why you killed dubb?

I absolutely thought killing dubb would get you killed autumn because j23 and commo were both saying autumn as a wolf, while dubb and commo were in a constant war. What do you guys think would have happened if dubb and commo were at the end?

I'll try to answer these.

In all honesty I don't remember much of the early game. I suspect I would have stayed on you but I guess that is why we play the game. I don't keep noted to refer back to. I clearly felt you were a wolf. I doubt I would have went away from that.

As for the end. It was a trap. There was no way a wolf Commo leaves me alive there. Unfortunately it also set me up for an Autumn NK which I didn't suspected. Figured if Commo wasn't a wolf that the real wolf would leave around to go after Commo.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #4106
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Of the three ex-wolves who expressed an opinion two would have killed you there while the other wanted to kill J23.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:37 AM   #4107
Danny
Head Coach

I thought Autumn played a great game. I don't pay as close attention once I am dead, but I didn't read him easily like I have in the past and probably would have voted Commo the last day.

I didn't have a bad read on Mau, but then he claimed he passed me an item day 1, which he didn't, so I assumed he was a wolf at that point.

After Bug's reveal, but before EF and Narc revealed, I still thought Bug was a wolf. Definitely had a bad read there.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #4108
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah both Bug and Mauboy had the misfortune of saying a couple things that just read wolf really loud. The mistake about passing, which I tried to play up, and the fact that Bug revealed after EF, those really helped the wolves out.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #4109
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and the village was so close to winning this. Night 1 and night 2 I used my anti convert ability on Autumn as I thought he was either a wolf or someone likely to be converted. Night 3 I switched to myself and died anyway, if only Crimson tried to convert Autumn night 2.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #4110
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Oh and the village was so close to winning this. Night 1 and night 2 I used my anti convert ability on Autumn as I thought he was either a wolf or someone likely to be converted. Night 3 I switched to myself and died anyway, if only Crimson tried to convert Autumn night 2.

Crimson was only converted night three so he couldn't have. I did give serious thought to converting Hoops, Dubb or Autumn on night 2 though. I think I actually sent an order to convert Dubb on night 3 but changed it at the last moment because I wanted someone who was going to be around a bit when I was.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #4111
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I only really brought it up as a point to get belief about being the Seer, though only Commo was the one really pressing that I wasn't the Seer. As someone earlier said, I had the best power, but it brought about the most likelihood of being lynched through conversion and corruption.

I had originally picked Hoops to be scanned instead of Narcizo, but at the last minute, went back to the original list and selected Narc instead. It was a stupid way of doing it, but I was just hoping to luck out and nail a wolf on a scan. I did, EF ran interference, and I died. It seems like both sides wanted me out of the game.

Had I survived the lynch, I probably would have been NK'ed

Yeah, that turned out bad. I was really skeptical, but didn't want to lynch you unless I had something more then skepticism then came the 2-1 and no counter of the sheriff or much from SN why EF said too much. It unfortunately came to be killing you gave us the most info, and ultimately was best you died then knowing now that Autumn wouldn't have been scanned bad and you possibly converting yourself later on. Sucks to get such a nice role and have rules set up like they were this game for the role.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #4112
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Dola, Abe, any chance we could know if there was anyway the village could have won the 1v1 mechanic that final day or was our only shot at winning lynching Autumn?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #4113
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

dangit! I wasn't a wolf then!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #4114
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Crimson was only converted night three so he couldn't have. I did give serious thought to converting Hoops, Dubb or Autumn on night 2 though. I think I actually sent an order to convert Dubb on night 3 but changed it at the last moment because I wanted someone who was going to be around a bit when I was.

Funny you should say that because dubb was also my first choice. For two reasons really.
1) Because he was targetting me
2) Because he was ALSO in EF's baseball league along with me, EF, and Zinto
Old 10-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #4115
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought Autumn played a great game. I don't pay as close attention once I am dead, but I didn't read him easily like I have in the past and probably would have voted Commo the last day.

I didn't have a bad read on Mau, but then he claimed he passed me an item day 1, which he didn't, so I assumed he was a wolf at that point.

After Bug's reveal, but before EF and Narc revealed, I still thought Bug was a wolf. Definitely had a bad read there.

and both Danny and I were both out of the game so we woulfn't be there to give autumn crap anyway.

But really, other games I think I'm pretty good at reading when Autumn is acting funny/a wolf. And I did not see that here. Really ballsy plays too. Loved how he kept suggesting things that were actually true that the village kept missing. It always sounded like he was trying to talk everyone into lynching the wolves.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #4116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Dola, Abe, any chance we could know if there was anyway the village could have won the 1v1 mechanic that final day or was our only shot at winning lynching Autumn?

I was rereading this just now, and noticed I had never answered this question, at the end of the thread. Sorry about that!

The 1v1 shot the Lightbringers had with the Servants was based on the nature of any roles they had. I created a weighted list of what roles would make weights, so as an example, the Sheriff or Adept were better than a vanilla or Martyr at winning a 1v1 confrontation, and certain wolf-Servant roles the same.

There were also items that would trump in a 1v1 situation as well, that I took into account. A vanilla with the right item could beat a powerful Servant of the Red Death.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #4117
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ugh! That day five was brutal.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:10 AM   #4118
Autumn
Head Coach

My greatest accomplishment in life.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #4119
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn still rocks! I reread this again. Loved it. DId we damage COmmo permanently with this?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #4120
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
My greatest accomplishment in life.

I take credit for converting CrimsonFox so he would immediately fall on his sword and convert you. In retrospect I wish I'd converted Hoops - I always wanted to be on a wolf team with Hoops.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #4121
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I take credit for converting CrimsonFox so he would immediately fall on his sword and convert you. In retrospect I wish I'd converted Hoops - I always wanted to be on a wolf team with Hoops.

Hoops PROBABLY would have done a better job I think, but it was hilarious fun chatting with you and EF during this game.
I still love the "Help us CF, our only hope" and "Welcome to the losingest bunch of wolves ever"

I continued that streak by panicking about dubb, misinterpretting the rules and dying immediately. Remember we thought that the shapeshifter could morph into someone else multiple times. My only contribution was choosing Autumn though. Solid voting record and partially cleared by most people. That lightbringer save at the end....wow I still crap my pants over. (altho that may just be cuz I'm older)
Old 02-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #4122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ah yes, WW during the classic days!

Old 03-27-2019, 03:23 AM   #4123
Voldor
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post