Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #1801
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
So you are suggesting that both Sith have identical twin lightsabers?

I don't know. It doesn't seem like it would be as big a deal for the Sith, where the scarlet blade announces their allegiance, as it would among the Jedi, where different colored blades stand for different connections with the Force.

Moreover, because Jedi (and presumably Sith) construct their own lightsabers, the identifying mark is generally the handle, not the blade. That's the master craftsman's mark, if you will.

We don't know that those lightsabers ARE identical, only that the kills have been carried out by Sith wielding dual lightsabers with scarlet blades.

Think about it: there are essentially three options for the Sith when it comes to lightsabers.

a) a single blade
b) dual-wielding
c) a double-saber, à la Darth Maul
d) if you want to look at the extended universe, there have been examples of lightsabers with multiple crystals and a blade of varying length.

Four options. Room for some variation, but not a lot, as far as the blade itself goes. The handles are far more customized, and if we had seen those, we'd have a much better idea of whether it's the same guy or a different killer.

I still believe it's a different Sith, and I don't think the lightsaber similarity is as significant for the Sith as it would have been for the Jedi.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #1802
SackAttack
Head Coach

dola,

that should have read four options. I remembered the extend-a-blade from a SW book I read years ago before I submitted that post, and forgot to update the option count.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #1803
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll defer to your knowledge on the topic, as most of what I've read is off the Wikipedia entries since the start of the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #1804
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

UNVOTE GRAMMATICUS

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #1805
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I think that up to this point the vote on KWhit has been a little bit too easy. Also, with today being a Friday there is a decent chance that we won't have as many people hovering around their PCs at the deadline. So if people are having second thoughts on KWhit I would like to have that conversation now rather than later.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #1806
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes, let's do that please.

I am a full-bred Jedi. Unfortunately, I have no role to reveal, just a hatred of all things Sith.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #1807
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I am a full-bred Jedi. Unfortunately, I have no role to reveal, just a hatred of all things Sith.

Hatred's a Dark Side emotion, man. Wanna rethink that?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #1808
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Hatred's a Dark Side emotion, man. Wanna rethink that?

Doh!

How about a strong dislike?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #1809
KWhit
Coordinator

Dola - I've never been good at role-playing in these games. I leave that to Qwik.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #1810
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Hoops, regarding your convoluted sequence of events. I really don’t even see what you are saying. Not sure what you mean about planting evidence for the fake reveal, etc. I think I have expressed why I feel you are Sith. If I end up being wrong, then I am sorry. This game is not in my hands, It is up to the other Jedi to make their decision. I support them and feel they will get a Sith tonight.

Originally, I had thought we would see something that was of a greater difference with the Sith attack. I thought dual lightsabers would be unique as well. But I just don’t know. I think it should be obvious to us as witnesses to be able to tell different fighting styles as well as a difference in lightsabers from one attack to another. Basically we would know if this was the same guy each night, but we don’t. We have to go with what we have
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #1811
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, going back to your trust lists I obviously don't support me or Taz because that IS my trust list. But I don't have strong feelings about King or Penny either and would be willing to take a chance moving my vote there if people think there is a compelling reason to do so.

As it sits right now, KWhit is going down without some late help from the Sith. The longer there is no movement by them, the more nervous I am about this selection. I realize that to some extent this is a game of "chicken", but I think coming up with some idea of an alternate selection makes sense.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #1812
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola, this comment is not intended only for Gram ... I just used his trust list, combined with my own, to help come up with the list of potential alternates to KWhit.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #1813
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Gram, going back to your trust lists I obviously don't support me or Taz because that IS my trust list. But I don't have strong feelings about King or Penny either and would be willing to take a chance moving my vote there if people think there is a compelling reason to do so.

As it sits right now, KWhit is going down without some late help from the Sith. The longer there is no movement by them, the more nervous I am about this selection. I realize that to some extent this is a game of "chicken", but I think coming up with some idea of an alternate selection makes sense.
You also said the way to build a circle of trust would be to lynch you or Taz.

But, the game of chicken or any moves from me ends in about an hour. So, anybody have anything else?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #1814
KWhit
Coordinator

Well, you're not going to see any Sith clamoring to save me. They're probably thrilled to see that another Jedi is likely to go down.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #1815
KWhit
Coordinator

I still think King is a possibility, but I think a Sith would try to have a bit more presence in the thread. I would imagine a Sith would want to be right in the middle as far as post count. If true, Penny might fit the bill.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #1816
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Do you have new info on KWhit or something that makes you not want to vote him?

FWIW I've been suspicious of King for awhile due to his quiet play amongst other things.

I also realize that I've been flying under people's radars as well, but all I can say is that I'm just a plain jedi. I didn't get any special role.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #1817
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think my top vote candidates right now are KWhit and penny, just because - as I said earlier - I keep forgetting they're even in the game. They seem like prime lay-low candidates to me.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #1818
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, I said the way to test my claims is to lynch me or Taz. But I obviously believe my own circle of trust and think that it should be helpful for the remaining Jedi as well. If we remain splintered like we still are then this game is going to continue just like it has the first seven days.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #1819
hoopsguy
General Manager

Penny, no new info at all. Just the fact that four out of seven votes are on him already. Hopefully this is because we have the right guy and the Sith aren't going to have the numbers to save him late. But the other alternative is that we have the wrong guy again and they are laughing.

I'm not ready to move my vote just yet, but wondering if other people have the same sense of unease that is creeping over me about how today has gone to this point.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #1820
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Penny, no new info at all. Just the fact that four out of seven votes are on him already. Hopefully this is because we have the right guy and the Sith aren't going to have the numbers to save him late. But the other alternative is that we have the wrong guy again and they are laughing.

I'm not ready to move my vote just yet, but wondering if other people have the same sense of unease that is creeping over me about how today has gone to this point.

Okay. Guys, take note of this post. If I'm lynched tonight, you'll find out I'm a Jedi. When you do, remember this post. I do not think a Sith would say this at this point.

I believe Hoops is 100% good now. So if I do go tonight, start working with him as the center of your circle of trust, because there is no way at this point that a Sith would post what he just posted. The Sith are thrilled with the way today's vote is going and aren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #1821
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I have a bad feeling about KingFC.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #1822
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb

Me too. That's where my vote is now.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #1823
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Okay. Guys, take note of this post. If I'm lynched tonight, you'll find out I'm a Jedi. When you do, remember this post. I do not think a Sith would say this at this point.

I believe Hoops is 100% good now. So if I do go tonight, start working with him as the center of your circle of trust, because there is no way at this point that a Sith would post what he just posted. The Sith are thrilled with the way today's vote is going and aren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
I also think this vote right now is too easy, but could it be we are getting the brutal Sith so it doesn't even matter to them since it is a 1:1 trade?

Man, I really wish whoever our seer is/was could help us. And I really wish I had some type of role that I could use to help us. Right now I feel useless as I can not pin anyone as a Sith.

Half the time I tell myself Hoops must be a Sith since he is still alive, but then the other half of the time I think he is being setup to look like a Sith.

I do believe that Taz is good because Hoops as a Sith would already know this and could easily gain Taz's trust. Or Hoops role is legit and he did find out Taz's role.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #1824
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, there isn't much for me to say. I have no special role and I am a Jedi. I have no way of proving my innocence other than from a seer scan or death.

And I know my death will only bring us closer to end the game since I am a Jedi.

Man this game is a train wreck.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #1825
KWhit
Coordinator

It's clear to me that the Seer is dead or he would have come forward already. It's also clear to me as I noted above that Hoops is a Jedi. So I think that Taz is okay, too based on Hoops' conversation with Jeeber. I think Hoops is telling the truth about that. I also believe sndvls actually did have his vote moved, so that leads me to believe he's a Jedi too. So a circle of trust is beginning.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #1826
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
It's clear to me that the Seer is dead or he would have come forward already. It's also clear to me as I noted above that Hoops is a Jedi. So I think that Taz is okay, too based on Hoops' conversation with Jeeber. I think Hoops is telling the truth about that. I also believe sndvls actually did have his vote moved, so that leads me to believe he's a Jedi too. So a circle of trust is beginning.
Okay, if we follow this thought process. I know I am a Jedi. I want to believe that Gramm is the bodyguard.

Jedi: Hoops. Taz, SnDvls, King, Kwhit, Gramm

Sith: Penny, Sack, Cartman

So here goes nothing.

UNVOTE KWHIT
VOTE SACK
Old 03-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #1827
KWhit
Coordinator

OKay guys. I'm out of here for the night in just a couple of minutes. I urge all of you to rethink voting for me. Looks like my vote is going to stay on King. I was hoping that another suspect would emerge that would take some heat off of me, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Good luck tonight.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #1828
KWhit
Coordinator

Hmmm.. And the same time I posted my last thought, another contender emerges.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #1829
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1827:

KWhit - Penny (1773), Hoops (1778), SnDvls (1604)
Hoops - Gram (1766)
King - KWhit (1776)
Sack - Cartman (1780), King (1826)

Not Voted: Taz, Sack
Old 03-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #1830
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Jedi: Kwhit,

Sith: Penny, Cartman

How is KWhit on your "jedi" list? What has he done to earn that compared to what Cartman and I have done to get on your "sith" list?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #1831
KWhit
Coordinator

Well it looks like my vote on King is going to be wasted tonight. So for self-preservation sake, I have to:

Vote SackAttack

I happen to believe it is quite possible for him to be a Sith. I don't have a real high suspicion or trust feeling on him one way or the other, but it beats me going down because I know I'm a Jedi.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #1832
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think the Seer may have been Schmidty. He had a gold/yellow blade and I believe he was killed by the Sith poking out his eyes. If that was not Schmidty, whoever got their eyes poked out is probably the seer.

C*ck Sucker Sith! I want to play a Deadwood themed game, so we can go around swearing at each other and it be perfectly normal.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #1833
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, if you want to move it make sure to unvote/vote.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #1834
hoopsguy
General Manager

How great would it be to get the Chinaman role in a Deadwood game?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #1835
KWhit
Coordinator

Whoops. Thanks Hoops.

Unvote King
Vote Sackattack.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #1836
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I want to get a trust/distrust list out there just in case I get killed this weekend.

Trusted: Hoops, Gramm, Pennywisesb, Taz

Mostly Trusted: Cartman (4 votes in a row for the same person seems like an awfully strange ploy for a sith), SnDvls

Distrust:
KWhit (playing a different style game than we're used to, not his usual analysis--claims work has been very busy and hence he hasn't had enough time to play)

KingFC (also very quiet, claims to be normal jedi, has me and cartman on his distrust list which leads me to suspect him since I know I'm jedi and I am 90% sure Cartman is jedi with his voting pattern)

Sackattack (very knowledgable about star wars, posts seem to be very fluffy with star wars knowledge but when you get down to it, they haven't really had any advantageous analysis for the jedi)
Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #1837
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Awesome and all lynch vote winners, go to Mr Wu's pigs
Old 03-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #1838
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

"Chinaman is not the correct nomenclature, Dude."

What movie is that from?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #1839
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I’m out in 15 minutes. Where do you guys want my vote? I don’t want to move it anywhere to start something or everyone will think I am trying to Sith the vote. It is probably worthless where it is (despite my belief otherwise) as no one is going to support taking Hoops. I was hoping we would have a better consensus by now.

Saldana, can I give my vote via proxy to go to the candidate with the highest vote count at the deadline. If a tie, it does not get applied?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1840
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sackattack (very knowledgable about star wars, posts seem to be very fluffy with star wars knowledge but when you get down to it, they haven't really had any advantageous analysis for the jedi)

We've had one lynch remotely close to nailing a Sith.

It's fine that you don't trust me. I don't know that I trust very many people with the exception of Gramm at this point, and possibly hoops, but I do want to know one thing:

you say my posts haven't had any advantageous analysis for the Jedi.

I refer you back to our kill success rate.

Has ANYBODY'S analysis proven advantageous thus far? If I'm on your distrust list for having Star Wars knowledge but not having drawn out a Sith, then I think everybody in the game belongs there at this point.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1841
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

What movie is that from?
Okay, the Celestial.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #1842
KWhit
Coordinator

Gramm,

Put it on Sack. I am a Jedi. I really think we are going to lose if you vote for me.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #1843
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

What movie is that from?

I'm gonna go Big Lebowski.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #1844
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm gonna go Big Lebowski.

Very good Sack. You now move up to my mostly distrusted list.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #1845
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Gramm,

Put it on Sack. I am a Jedi. I really think we are going to lose if you vote for me.

You *think* we're going to lose if we vote for you. Not confident in your Jedihood?

I'll go you one better: I *know* we're going to lose if you vote for me. Best case scenario, it eliminates our safety buffer for finding the Sith. Worst case, my death triggers their victory condition by evening the odds.

I am Jedi.

Vote as you will.

In the interests of self-preservation: Vote KWhit
Old 03-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #1846
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Can I jump out of an airlock?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1847
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
You *think* we're going to lose if we vote for you. Not confident in your Jedihood?

I'll go you one better: I *know* we're going to lose if you vote for me. Best case scenario, it eliminates our safety buffer for finding the Sith. Worst case, my death triggers their victory condition by evening the odds.

The best thing you got is to parse my statement with "think" versus "know?" Come on, even if we lynch another Jedi tonight there is a chance of us winning which is clearly what I meant. But it will be a slight chance because the numbers are not in our favor at this point.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #1848
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Very good Sack. You now move up to my mostly distrusted list.

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand, you know, this aggression will not stand, man.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #1849
KWhit
Coordinator

I need to run. If the votes stay the way they are and I get lynched, this may be my last post in the thread. So I want you guys to remember this post from above when you see that I'm just a Jedi.

Today, 03:59 PM #1820
KWhit
Pro Rookie

Quote:

KWhit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to KWhit
Find More Posts by KWhit
Add KWhit to Your Buddy List

Old 03-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #1850
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I’m out the door, my proxy offer stands if Saldana will accept the application of a vote in that manner. Otherwise I will leave it as it stands. Good luck fellow Jedi.

May the force be with you