Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #1901
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Just thinking outloud here, but if KWhit is in fact sith and Sack is jedi, I can see a compelled vote being used to switch one vote off of him along with another sith vote being taken off of KWhit and being put on Sack.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #1902
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Nevermind, with Cartman's vote switch it doesn't really work out.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #1903
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, I'm off from work and going out to dinner so I probably won't be back before the lynch. Since it looks as though KWhit is going to get lynched, I hope he turns out to be a sith so we can buy ourselves some more time.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #1904
hoopsguy
General Manager

Home from work, looks like I missed one post in an hour.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #1905
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Can I jump out of an airlock?

Best line of the game.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #1906
hoopsguy
General Manager

:twiddles thums:
Old 03-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #1907
hoopsguy
General Manager

:twiddles thumbs, puts down the booze:
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #1908
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If I wasnt dead, I would be happy to talk to you about tonight!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #1909
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fridays after 5PM = ghost town.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #1910
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Fridays after 5PM = ghost town.

I guess its fitting that I am dead then! I am a legal resident of ghost town
Old 03-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #1911
kingfc22
Head Coach

So.....
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #1912
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So.....

... a needle pulling thread.

La.....
Old 03-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #1913
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
... a needle pulling thread.

La.....

A note to follow sew!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #1914
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana is busy posting in the Beer-thirty thread instead of revealing results ... is he waiting for a bigger audience?

I put my Friday night on hold for this!!!!

Er, not so much ... Illini down 4, early 2nd half to MSU.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #1915
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana is busy posting in the Beer-thirty thread instead of revealing results ... is he waiting for a bigger audience?

I put my Friday night on hold for this!!!!

Er, not so much ... Illini down 4, early 2nd half to MSU.

its not the deadline yet 2 more minutes
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #1916
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I compel you to post the results!

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #1917
saldana
Pro Starter

Kwhit stands alone, the other 8 of you facing him in the Galley. “I am a Jedi, I have said it more times than I can count, but you have chosen to ignore me. Although I believe in the Jedi Code with every fiber of my being, I will not lay down like Path did and let you kill me…I can only hope whomever steps forward will be a Sith, and I will at least have a chance at one of you before I die.”

Grammaticus steps forward “A valiant effort Kwhit, but we think you’re lying, now defend yourself for truth. Kwhit ignites a green, blue, and yellow striped lightsaber and leaps forward to engage Grammaticus. Their blades cross time and time again in an even exchange of skills. The battle seems like a stalemate until Grammaticus turns the tide. With a nifty downward block of the multi-colored blade, Grammaticus swings upwards, shearing Kwhit’s left arm off at the shoulder.

Grammaticus steps back, “You are beaten Kwhit, but I will give you a chance to redeem yourself….admit that you are a Sith, and I will spare you.”

Kwhit looks at his left shoulder nonchalantly. “Tis but a scratch”

“A scratch? Your arm's off!”, states Grammaticus incredulously.

“No, it isn't.”, answers Kwhit.

“Well, what's that, then?”, questions Grammaticus, gesturing towards the limp arm lying on the ground next to Kwhit.

“I've had worse.”, remarks Kwhit indignantly.

“You liar!”, spits Grammaticus.

“Come on, you pansy!”. Kwhit taunts as he launches himself at Grammaticus, using the Force to call his lightsaber to his remaining hand. The lightsaber reignites, glimmering brightly at the end of his still attached arm. The battle is less furious this time, as the fact that his arm is missing seems to be limiting Kwhit’s fighting ability. Again, the quick downward parry and upward swing catches Kwhit, this time disconnecting his right arm cleanly away from his body.

“Victory is mine!”, exalts Grammaticus, “Now I again will give you a chance to come back to the Light. Tell us what we need to know and die as a Jedi.”

“Hah!”, scoffs Kwhit, aiming a kick at Grammaticus’ head. “Come on, then.”, he taunts.

“What?”, exclaims a shocked Grammaticus.

“Have at you!” Kwhit yells, aiming another kick at Grammaticus’s groin

“Eh. You are indeed brave, Kwhit, but the fight is mine.”, explains Grammaticus to the literally unarmed Kwhit.

“Oh, had enough, eh?”, questions the remains of Kwhit.

“Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left.”, blurts Grammaticus in disbelief.

“Yes, I have.”, the indignancy continues.

“Look!”, yells Grammaticus, pointing at both extremities scattered on the floor.

“Just a flesh wound.”, challenges Kwhit, aiming another kick.

“Look, stop that.”, warns Grammaticus.

“Chicken!”, challenges Kwhit, with one more attempt at connecting with Grammaticus’s groin. “Chickennn!”

“Look, I'll have your leg.”, Grammaticus continues to warn, and this time as Kwhit extends his leg, a flick of Grammaticus’s lightsaber removes Kwhit’s right leg.

“Right. I'll do you for that!”, Kwhit proclaims angrily.

“You'll what?”, begs Grammaticus, stunned beyond belief.

“Come here!”, taunts Kwhit, hopping on his remaining foot.

”What are you going to do, bleed on me?”, says Grammaticus, even more stunned.

“I'm invincible!”, yells Kwhit, and you have a feeling he would be raising his arms in triumph…..if he still had them.

“You're a looney.”, exclaims Grammaticus in return.

“Kwhit always triumphs! Have at you! Come on, then.”, he cries as he launches himself at Grammaticus one last time, only to be met again by a quick flick of a lightsaber, lopping off Kwhit’s only remaining limb, leaving just a torso and a head in a heap on the floor.
“Oh? All right, we'll call it a draw.”, offers the obviously insane Jedi. Grammaticus turns to walk away, as many of you turn your backs on Kwhit “Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!” This final taunt is more than Grammaticus can stand, as he throws his still lit lightsaber back at Kwhit, finally putting him out of his misery.

Laughter fills the room as Grammaticus’s lightsaber flies back to his hand. It is not the laugh of amusement however; it is the evil “Bwhahahahahahaha” that has haunted your nights for the past week. And it is coming from more than one voice.

SackAttack and Hoopsguy are standing off to the side, their raucous evil guffaws echoing off the bulkheads. SackAttack reaches inside his robes and takes out two very familiar lightsabers. They are the same two that have slain half a dozen of your brother Jedi. “I think you are going to need these again, my apprentice”

“Thank you, my master, although I am sure with your great power, my skills will hardly be needed.”, replies Hoops receiving his twin lightsabers from the Sith Lord, as their laughter begins again.

Without warning, SackAttacks’ laughter stops and he extends both his hands straight at Grammaticus. Blue lightning flies from his fingertips, crashing into Gram and sending his body flying across the room. You stand stunned as the force shock continues, electricity coursing through Grammaticus’ body. When Sack finally stops, Gram lies in the corner of the room dead.

King, Penny and Taz each grab their own lightsabers and launch themselves towards the two Sith. Hoops brings back the haunting twin scarlet blades as Sack withdraws an extremely long handle from under his cloak, copper colored blades extending from both ends. The three Jedi press the attack against the pair of Sith, seemingly fueled by the anger that comes with the loss of so many of their comrades.

It appears as though they may even be victorious for a moment, when their victory is snatched away by SnDvls and Cartman, who join the battle on the side of Hoops and Sack. The four on three advantage is more than the remaining Jedi can handle, and Taz, King, and Penny quickly fall to the onslaught of evil swordsman.

The room littered with dead Jedi, Sun and Cartman turn to Sack and Hoops, each falling to their knees. “Lords, we offer ourselves to you. We long to follow you on the path to the Dark Side.” Darth SackAttack looks to Darth Hoopsguy, “Take Sndvls as your apprentice, I will take Cartman as my new student. There is no more that I can teach you, you are now a Sith Lord yourself. Together with our new followers, we will rebuild the Sith Order and destroy the Jedi.” The room is filled with 4 voices, their maniacal laughter resounding in the darkness of space.

The game is over, the Sith have won.

SackAttack has won a Major Victory by being the Sith Lord at the end of the game.
Hoopsguy, SnDvls and Cartman have won a Minor Victory.

Credits---
Dark Lord of the Sith – SackAttack
Sith Apprentice – Hoopsguy
Sith Disciples (potential sith if one of the others died) – SnDvls, Cartman, Dubb93
Sabermaster – Grammaticus (bodyguard)
Force Prescient – Tanglewood (blessed, unable to be killed at night)
Force Empath – Desnudo (seer)
Jedi Master Candidate – Lathum (tiebreaker, reusable)
Force Bonded Pair – Eaglesfan27 and Alan T
Force Strengthened Will – TazFTW, Schmidty, McKerney (unable to be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)
Jedi Knight – everyone else

I will post complete descriptions and mechanics later tonight or tomorrow….thanks everyone for playing, I hope you enjoyed it.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #1918
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Thank god its over.

Did the disciples know who the Sith were or vice versa?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #1919
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas

I swear to you, that I didn't know SackAttack was the Dark Lord when I switched my vote.

I was definitely a confused Jedi, since I was being lured by the Dark Side...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #1920
SnDvls
Pro Starter

we didn't know who the sith were, but they knew us.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #1921
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sack did, I didn't.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #1922
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so hoops the work was Cloak from the PM
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #1923
path12
Coordinator

Wow. Congrats Sith. You bastards. ;-)
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #1924
saldana
Pro Starter

the sith lord knew who the disciples were, he was allowed to choose his apprentice at the beginning of the game...they never knew who he was, and they werent allowed to talk at all, only sack and hoops could talk
Old 03-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #1925
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I guess that shows me to trust what the DM says because the main reason I trusted Hoops was because of Saldana's reaction to his role reveal.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #1926
hoopsguy
General Manager

I had gone back to look and was going to go with "hooded", "cloak" and use the word "scratchy" to describe the voice.

SnDvls, if I had come back with a wrong answer, would you have gone after me to take my spot or backed me to help the Sith victory?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #1927
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Did the disciples know who the Sith were or vice
versa?

From the disciples side, I had no idea who the actual Sith were, or other Potential disciples. Towards the end, I thought it was myself and the Sith Lord only. I had no clue there were two other disciples out there.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #1928
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Next question, was Sack the only one killing people? Hoops? The disciples?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #1929
cartman
Death Herald

D'oh!

It was answered in the posts before mine.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #1930
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I had some thoughts you were bad when you called me out at one point, but never acted on it.

I don't know. Because I didn't know you were good or bad, but would have at that point I probally would have backed you. I actually had thought AE was bad due to both of us being able to be controled and "weak" minded and thougth that played into being part sith/evil.

It was really hard to play a bad guy and not know who the other bad guys were, however I did know dubb was bad by his play and had to go after him knowing I had a chance to get into a sith role that could PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #1931
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I had no clue on Sack, but thought cartman was a sith just by his lack of participation here, but plenty of posts in his KK thread ect.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1932
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
From the disciples side, I had no idea who the actual Sith were, or other Potential disciples. Towards the end, I thought it was myself and the Sith Lord only. I had no clue there were two other disciples out there.

I had a feeling there we three roles like mine, but thought we'd all get pulled in at some point.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1933
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dubb sent me a PM that said, "YOU!!!!" after he died I got a good laugh out of it.

What an exhausting game. I told Barkeep in chat a couple of nights ago that I was seriously stressed about the late vote/reveal night. Never had that happen in another WW game that I played.

I want to thank Saldana for putting together a very immersive game.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #1934
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hoops - did you know who was bad or good? or just by sack telling you?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #1935
saldana
Pro Starter

the jedi mind trick was an apprentice ability....he was allowed to change the vote of any player that had already voted (a fact that hoops omitted when he said his vote was changed, but no one noticed)...the three guys that were force strenghened wills, plus all the special roles could not be affected, and there was a 50/50 chance they would have learned who the hooded figure was.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #1936
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I had no clue on Sack, but thought cartman was a sith just by his lack of participation here, but plenty of posts in his KK thread ect.

I KNEW IT. Krispy Kreme burger = Sith!

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #1937
hoopsguy
General Manager

I actually thought it was SnDvls and King as the remaining disciples. Nice work, Cartman. Even on the inside I wasn't sure how you were playing it.

Gram was all over me, without direct knowledge. Good play by him as well this game. Nice pickup guarding the Seer on Night 2.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #1938
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I want to thank Saldana for putting together a very immersive game.

I agree, it was also interesting to have 2 sub sets of wolves that really didn't know eachother. It kept everyone on there toes and made me have to think and act a little harder to not get lynched, but to also tip off my fellow sith.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #1939
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That was very fun to watch. Its kind of interesting playing most of the game from the stands, since I died before i could really contribute much.

So Vince, how did I do in my guesses?

One thing I was wondering, who was forcing the changed votes, and how often was it done? I'm assuming Sack was changing people's votes? I'm also assuming he used that on Qwikshot right on day 1 which explained his craziness that got everyone all messed up for several days? If so, that was a genius move, I think Qwikshot's actions is what really confused many people and got waaay off on the wrong track
Old 03-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #1940
cartman
Death Herald

King and Penny were on to me, nice deduction work.

My lack of participation wasn't due to the evil role, it was entirely due to my n00b status in the game. I really didn't have a clue as to what I was supposed to do. So I went with the Mark Twain maxim, "It is best to be quiet and thought of as a fool, than to open one's mouth, and confirm it".
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1941
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I had a feeling there we three roles like mine, but thought we'd all get pulled in at some point.
you only would become sith if one of the other sith was killed...if sack died, hoops would have become the master and would have been able to choose a new apprentice...hoops did not know who or how many of you there were, sack was not allowed to tell him.

this was because if hoops had decided to, the apprentice had the power to PK the master and become the Master himself (the difference between a major and minor victory)....i wanted to make sure there was some reason NOT to kill the master, so i made it that the apprentice couldnt know who his apprenctice might be, or if he would get one at all.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1942
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I can't tell you how happy I was to be bad and be on so many peoples trusted/jedi lists going into today.

makes me feel like I"m not a total WW loser
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1943
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sack and I communicated on the vote changes, although I initiated all of those requests. Ditto on the kills, with him initiating each of the kill requests.

We never used the ability until AE on Day 4 to create the confusion. I knew there was some risk of exposure with the ability, but AE had said in the post that he was an ordinary Jedi and I took him at his word in order to create some confusion.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #1944
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you only would become sith if one of the other sith was killed...if sack died, hoops would have become the master and would have been able to choose a new apprentice...hoops did not know who or how many of you there were, sack was not allowed to tell him.

this was because if hoops had decided to, the apprentice had the power to PK the master and become the Master himself (the difference between a major and minor victory)....i wanted to make sure there was some reason NOT to kill the master, so i made it that the apprentice couldnt know who his apprenctice might be, or if he would get one at all.

so hoops thought it was a 2 on 19 game to start?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #1945
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
I KNEW IT. Krispy Kreme burger = Sith!

I felt like I gave birth to a Sith earlier today...

Old 03-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #1946
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was a little torn on whether or not to try and move the vote to Sack this afternoon. He was gone from his PC and I think that I could have gotten him to be voted off in the end. He was brutal, so he would have taken a villager as well (Gram), which would have ensured a kill tonight and our 3-3 ratio in the morning. So I knew that I could take the major victory, but I also thought he deserved a chance to live to the end because he played a very solid game.

If he had been at his computer to defend himself a little bit, I might have decided differently. But based on the turnout over the last 5 hours, I'm not sure it would have mattered.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #1947
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
That was very fun to watch. Its kind of interesting playing most of the game from the stands, since I died before i could really contribute much.

So Vince, how did I do in my guesses?

One thing I was wondering, who was forcing the changed votes, and how often was it done? I'm assuming Sack was changing people's votes? I'm also assuming he used that on Qwikshot right on day 1 which explained his craziness that got everyone all messed up for several days? If so, that was a genius move, I think Qwikshot's actions is what really confused many people and got waaay off on the wrong track

hoops was making the changes...he only used it on ardent and sndvls when they said they were forced to change...that was actually the whole reason for the abortion of an extension...i wanted to make sun come into the thread just like ardent and change his vote, and then ardent switched his voluntarily and changed who would have died.

the other part of this rule was that hoops couldnt use the trick on the same person twice until he used it on everyone, that way he couldnt keep changing ardent (for instance) because he knew that he could...that way there was some element of risk at hitting one of the resistant players, which he didnt even know were there.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #1948
cartman
Death Herald

dola,

I didn't have a single vote against me the entire time. I guess that makes me a marked KK burger eater going into the next game I enter...

Last edited by cartman : 03-10-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #1949
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sack and I communicated on the vote changes, although I initiated all of those requests. Ditto on the kills, with him initiating each of the kill requests.

We never used the ability until AE on Day 4 to create the confusion. I knew there was some risk of exposure with the ability, but AE had said in the post that he was an ordinary Jedi and I took him at his word in order to create some confusion.

Ahh, until that point, I had assumed there were three siths, and they were AE, Sack and Gramm. Then after that whole thing happened, I started to think AE was telling the truth, and that had happened to Qwikshot as well on day 1. (the only answer I could think of for his inexplanable strategy.)

I had been telling vince that I probably would have gone to eliminate AE just to answer some questions in my head first, then go after Sack next. I figured one of those two had to have been bad just based on the first 4 days.

After Sack, I was really at a loss for who else might have been evil, I had tossed out a few names like Hoops and Desnudo as well just based on how they played. Now that I know Desnudo was the seer, that explains his behavior to me some.

Des, who all did you scan as seer? I didnt see much come up, did you just get unlucky?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #1950
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, I knew that I started the game in the same state as you and that I was selected as the apprentice. So I figured there must be at least one other apprentice out there. But I didn't know the numbers.