Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #651
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Sorry guys about the non-vote yesterday, my internet connection was down all night but is fixed now. Catching up.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #652
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

BTW i guess i never said this earlier but im a villiager (for what its worth) and nothing happened to me last night (noobs dont get spied on i guess). and please forgive my bad spelling, im used to the edit button to correct it
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #653
Vince
Pro Starter

Wow. So I slept in for quite a while today (doh). Here's my thoughts on what I missed (three+ pages, jeez)...

First off, I'm pretty sure that simply after reading through the thread that there are two people I can begin to trust already. Though with the fact that the bad guys don't know each other, maybe I'm picking up on bad-guy subtleties in trying to find one another. But I'm leaning more towards trusting them right off.

Second off, I have absolutely no read on any potential bad guys. I like the discussion so far, agree that it was probably a seer read on Lathum (I also agree that the Necromancer's viewing being revealed to good guys is too much an advantage for us), and also agree that we probably have one (and only one) Elite Guard.

As for the rest, I'm just baffled...seems like Day 2's vote is going to be just as haphazzard as Day 1's was. I feel like I'm hosting the TV show Pictionary, but I have no cue cards, and the in-studio audience all has guns. Oh, and I left my bulletproof vest at home. Yeah, maybe I need to go back to bed.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #654
Barkeep49
Coordinator

bullet can spell.

I hear necros can't spell.

Hmmm........
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #655
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #648 by Barkeep:
Quote:
Yeah the GM is rooting for the good guys!
Well, watching the good guys make bad "informed" decisions is kind of funny as well ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #656
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry guys about the non-vote yesterday, my internet connection was down all night but is fixed now. Catching up.

all night? that when necros do thier thing. interesting
Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #657
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
all night? that when necros do thier thing. interesting

Tangle's in a completely different time zone, so his night is most of our day.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #658
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola, good catch though
Old 06-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #659
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
VOTE SCHMIDTY

Absent any new info, I'll stick with my D1 vote.

VOTE CRONIN

What you said.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #660
Vince
Pro Starter

So it seems like the board is going down? If I can get this in currently, I'm going to get a "just-in-case" vote in. Again, haphazzard and all, I don't have much in the way of being able to back this up.

Vote Passacaglia
Old 06-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #661
Vince
Pro Starter

Huh, and now it comes up on command. Interesting. Ah well, that way I have a vote in in case I get caught up in things.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #662
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
So it seems like the board is going down? If I can get this in currently, I'm going to get a "just-in-case" vote in. Again, haphazzard and all, I don't have much in the way of being able to back this up.

Vote Passacaglia

Care to elaborate?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #663
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, made a decision.
4+ hours of round-trip driving + strong chance of rain + watching two teams I hate (Sox/Cards) = stupid.

So I'll be around for the deadline after all.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #664
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Care to elaborate?

Not much to elaborate. In another tab I had the green dude cleaning up garbage instead of the General Discussion, indicating the board was going down. So I tried to get a vote in just in case when I'm running errands later I don't get back in time to get a vote in. I honestly have no reason to vote you. But I also have no reason not to vote you. Like I've mentioned...I fell quite out of my element at this point.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #665
Vince
Pro Starter

Should be "I feel quite out of my element at this point."
Old 06-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #666
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Not much to elaborate. In another tab I had the green dude cleaning up garbage instead of the General Discussion, indicating the board was going down. So I tried to get a vote in just in case when I'm running errands later I don't get back in time to get a vote in. I honestly have no reason to vote you. But I also have no reason not to vote you. Like I've mentioned...I fell quite out of my element at this point.

That's cool.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:12 PM   #667
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just to add now that I'm back in thread. I was not spied on last night by anybody that I know of, but in Lathum's defense there have been games that let you know when the seer spies on you in the past.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #668
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, Tangle showed up so giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still trying to get a feel for a few folks who are playing a bit differently than i expected right now. Its too early though to really go on much, and we don't have really any clues other than the Lathum thing right now.

I think for now I am going to have to have Lathum at pretty moderate level of trust, just below Path. Looking at the rest of the group, my vote for now is just based on gut feel.

Vote Bek

He didnt really show up yesterday until he got some heat, then he appeared and made some votes, which seems a bit incoherent to me. He has not shown up at all today from what I can tell. so might as well put some heat back on him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #669
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Right now I"m leaning towards throwing my vote for SNDVLS for the simple fact that he doesn't know who the hell he voted for yesterday.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #670
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im not voting yet, waiting to see if someone votes for me. but if they dont i know who im voting for to swing next
Old 06-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #671
path12
Coordinator

I'm going to go with Alan for now.

Vote Bek

Be offline starting in a half hour. 50/50 I make it back by lynch.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:25 PM   #672
hoopsguy
General Manager

About half the votes in at this point:

Chubby - Lathum (572)
Schmidty - Cronin (615)
Cronin - Saldana (618), Schmidty (659)
Coffee - SnDvls (622)
SnDvls - Kingfc (625), Coffee (643)
Pass - Vince (660)
Bek - Alan T (668), Path (671)
Old 06-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #673
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

btw when does the Lynch vote end?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #674
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hmmm I'm torn between two people right now. I'm hoping somebody will say something in the next 3.5 hours to help me figure it out tho i am leaning one way ATM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #675
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Right now I"m leaning towards throwing my vote for SNDVLS for the simple fact that he doesn't know who the hell he voted for yesterday.
I know I voted for bek...never said I didn't know that or that I voted for CW yesterday. Don't draw conclusions form stuff you don't know or haven't read.

I simply said I was throwing a vote out at CW. Yesterday I said I wasn't going to move off of bek to create a tie. simple as that...don't try to make something up.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #676
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
btw when does the Lynch vote end?

It's usually in the thread title -- 9 PM Central.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #677
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I too like the idea of putting some pressure on Bek. I presume he'll be around later. So I would like to hear what he says.

Vote Bek

I am likely out for the next hour. However, my vote is hardly a lock and when I get back I'm going to look seriously at cronin. If someone else can make a good case I'm ok with that too.

Also I see Schmidty in the thread now and would love to hear something form him.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet - voting deadline is 9PM CST. I'll usually remember to update the thread title to include that kind of information. If it isn't updated, feel free to post here to remind me.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #679
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
well if we're all throwing votes out again.

Vote Coffee Warlord

seems as good a day 2 vote as day 1.

ah I see where people are mis reading my statement

not saying I voted for CW on day 1, I'm saying that I have nothing to go on and that it's just like a day one vote.

sorry Dubb for jumping on you on the last post. a comma would have helped I guess.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #680
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm a bit skeptical of voting Bek, since he said he was sick. I mean, we're not completely heartless, are we? On the other hand, I don't know who to vote for!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #681
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
What have I said that was "faulty"? I've explained my understanding of the odds, and after hoops clarified the mechanics, I changed my mind.

this is what i was referring to as your faulty logic
Quote:
dola

If you attempt a kill, this is how it works out (I think):

50 percent success
BETTER than 50 percent success if another nec joins you (which is unlikely but possible)

If you attempt to kill a nec, there is a LARGE chance that you will recognize each other before killing one another.

If your kill fails, there is a small chance you will be recognized.

its completely wrong. seeing as how the rules are pretty complex, i could understand you not getting the whole percentages of sucess thing, except for the fact that i posted that section of the rules about 25 posts before your version of it, and then i elaborated on it in a reply to lathum about 10 posts after that. I have always considered you to be a pretty meticulous player, so for you to have missed the explanation once back in post one, but then to miss it 2 more times....i think you may be trying to advertise to your fellow necrophiliacs that you are one of them.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #682
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm a bit skeptical of voting Bek, since he said he was sick. I mean, we're not completely heartless, are we? On the other hand, I don't know who to vote for!
Did he? I missed that

Unvote Bek

So people I want to hear more from at this point:
Schmidty
Bek
Tangle
Old 06-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #683
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Check that. Tanglewood posted, said he had net problems, and was catching up. That was hours ago, and I don't see him in the thread now. I know a lot of people said they would vote for him if he hasn't shown up by 7 or so, but he doesn't have any now, and I think he needs to.
VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Old 06-20-2006, 05:36 PM   #684
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
sry that i have been on and off today...the toilet and i are making good friends...i do have some ideas...i dont see a need to reveal roles this early in the game...we should be voting for those that havent been logged in today...

Unvote St Cronin

Vote bullet

This is post 336.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #685
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its not that Im being heartless to Bek, its more that I just don't know him and what I saw yesterday was no sign of him till pressure was on, then erratic behavior once he showed up. He's not been around again today, so figure pressure would be interesting to be applied.

I havent really seen much more from Tanglewood yet either. Its day 2 though, and we don't have alot to go on. I would also rather wait one more day before jumping on what I see as erratic behavior from some of the people I am more familiar with too.

I'm not hugely attached to this vote, but its hard to be attached to a vote when there is not really any concrete evidence out there.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #686
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Check that. Tanglewood posted, said he had net problems, and was catching up. That was hours ago, and I don't see him in the thread now. I know a lot of people said they would vote for him if he hasn't shown up by 7 or so, but he doesn't have any now, and I think he needs to.
VOTE TANGLEWOOD
just pointing out that his post about his net being down was only one hour before you voted for him...depending on how many pages he had to read, i think he is probably still catching up.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #687
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, that said, he isnt in the thread now.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #688
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
just pointing out that his post about his net being down was only one hour before you voted for him...depending on how many pages he had to read, i think he is probably still catching up.

Thanks...my 'hours' comment was just a guess. I'll keep the vote on him, so he's got some pressure on him when he catches up. I've got my eye on Bek, too, but Bek already has a lot of votes on him.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #689
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

alright well I want to get a vote in in case a storm comes by again and I lose power...

Vote SnDvls

He's been the strangest and didn't come up with an explantion for the whole CW vote thing til much later which is yet more strange coming from him. Not set in stone but there isn't much to go on.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #690
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Right, caught up now, you guys sure do post far too much sometimes...

...that said, caught up diesn;t necessarily mean clued in, especially in a game that seems as complicated as this one. I am not too sure on the voting for Bek on the basis of his non-participation. If you were a necromancer would you just sit back and do nothing? It;s dangerous, you'd need to somehow differentiate yourself, try and get the other necros to pick up on you. Otherwise you are on your own and you might possibly get killed by them too.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #691
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well I'm home, but it's daddy and daughter time.

all I have to say is if you lynch me not only are you losing another villager, but an active player as well.

self preservation

unvote coffee warlord
vote bek
Old 06-20-2006, 06:35 PM   #692
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone got a vote count?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #693
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyone got a vote count?
no, cuz i'm not sure who schmidty voted for.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #694
Tyrith
College Starter

Current vote, as I have it:

Bek - 3: path (671), alan (668), sndvls (691)
Sndvls - 3: coffee (643), chubby (689), king (625)
Cronin - 2: schmidty (659), saldana (619)
Tanglewood - 1: pass (683)
Schmidty - 1: cronin (615)
Chubby - 1: lathum (572)
Passacaglia - 1: vince (660)
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #695
Tyrith
College Starter

I was at work, just now caught up. I didn't get viewed last night, either. And this is as good as a day one vote so I really don't have any clue yet.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #696
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So what is the SnDvls logic? I'm just not seeing it, frankly.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #697
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So what is the SnDvls logic? I'm just not seeing it, frankly.

Something along the lines of he came out and said he was voting CW b/c his vote for him on day 1 was still good.

However he didn't vote for CW on day 1, but he later said it was a typo.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #698
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

However I would now add that I am VERY confident SNDVLS is not a necromancer at this time. I have no clue about Bek or Cronin however.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #699
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Something along the lines of he came out and said he was voting CW b/c his vote for him on day 1 was still good.

However he didn't vote for CW on day 1, but he later said it was a typo.

The fact that he didn't say it was a typo until 50+ posts and 3.5 hours later despite people calling him on it was enough to get my vote since I don't see anyone acting any odder than him. (I don't know if odder is a word but it is now)

Plus he switched his vote to Bek 2 posts after I decided to vote for him putting bek and him in a tie once more. Unless someone sticks their foot in their mouth I don't see myself changing my vote.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #700
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
this is what i was referring to as your faulty logic

its completely wrong. seeing as how the rules are pretty complex, i could understand you not getting the whole percentages of sucess thing, except for the fact that i posted that section of the rules about 25 posts before your version of it, and then i elaborated on it in a reply to lathum about 10 posts after that. I have always considered you to be a pretty meticulous player, so for you to have missed the explanation once back in post one, but then to miss it 2 more times....i think you may be trying to advertise to your fellow necrophiliacs that you are one of them.

I'm sorry I still don't see what I missed. Leaving aside the odds of the necs finding each other, the way I read the rules has not changed, and that is:

A solo nec has a 50% chance of a kill.
If the kill misses, there is a percentage chance that the nec is recognized.
If the nec targets another nec, there is a chance they will recognize each other.

Which part of that is wrong?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote