Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #901
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i knew this would be asked eventually, and i acknowledge that i am a shitty bad guy in WW, but i would have to suck really badly to expose myself as far as i did today. the best i could hope for would be a one for one exchange (cronin for myself) and in a 22 man game, thats a pretty shitty exchange for day 1

How you figure? It's nowhere CLOSE to a straight 1 for 1, especially on a day like this, when it still felt like day 1 shot in the dark voting. Today would have been a very easy day to lead a charge on a good guy and get away with it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #902
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
i knew this would be asked eventually, and i acknowledge that i am a shitty bad guy in WW, but i would have to suck really badly to expose myself as far as i did today. the best i could hope for would be a one for one exchange (cronin for myself) and in a 22 man game, thats a pretty shitty exchange for day 1
Well, possible you though he was the EG or mystic, as the necros didnt know cronins role, only he was out. 1-1 to kill the seer or bodyguard is a win in my mind.

Or you knew it would look to obvious and you could play it off exactly like you are. "do you really think im that stupid" kind of thing
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #903
st.cronin
General Manager

hoops said I could post this

r/l kept me away for the entire time I was silenced - I didn't have anything more to say

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #904
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think the key question we have to ask now is if we believe that the dogpile and the silence were cooridnated events. If we assume they are then the late voters aren't really good choices.

Or should we be???...the necros could have just made a comment and then one of us acted upon it and in turn codemned own teammate to death...and then they piled on at the end to elude suspicion...i dont know for sure im just throwing things out there that we should keep an eye on
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #905
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Well, the reason I'm including the dogpilers is due to the timing of the votes. The other major lynch candidate was Bek, and it was only due to the later votes that Cronin even took the lead.

I think there were a lot of people that probably used bek as a, "well crap, where do I put my vote?" candidate. Cronin came along and at least had SOMETHING, so the votes fled to someone they could lynch and not feel like they shot the family dog. I know this feeling exists; I went with it twice in 27, once when I went off path day three and tried to stir up something, and again when I started the mess against you, coffee. So you do have a point to a degree, but most of those votes had to flee for natural reasons.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #906
hoopsguy
General Manager

BTW, mailbox cleared and ready for more PMs (not that posting it was nearly full stopped people earlier )
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #907
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

so neener neener neener to the bad guys

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #908
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
How you figure? It's nowhere CLOSE to a straight 1 for 1, especially on a day like this, when it still felt like day 1 shot in the dark voting. Today would have been a very easy day to lead a charge on a good guy and get away with it.

i said its a one to one exchange because as is most likely going to happen tomorrow, i am going to be lynched...if i were a bad guy, i would have gotten one good guy lynched, followed by myself....so 1 good guy lynched....1 bad guy lynched.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #909
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Anyway. Gonna play some Civ for awhile, and crash. Hopefully I don't have to read like 6 pages tomorrow morning.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #910
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
BTW, mailbox cleared and ready for more PMs (not that posting it was nearly full stopped people earlier )
Can i send you some PMs? Id love to talk, its going to be a lonely night if my date doesnt get over her cold pretty quick.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #911
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Can i send you some PMs? Id love to talk, its going to be a lonely night if my date doesnt get over her cold pretty quick.

I knew as I was typing my message that it was a mistake ...
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #912
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I knew as I was typing my message that it was a mistake ...
LOL, your a dork hoops. Ill see ya around town
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #913
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Well, possible you though he was the EG or mystic, as the necros didnt know cronins role, only he was out. 1-1 to kill the seer or bodyguard is a win in my mind.

Or you knew it would look to obvious and you could play it off exactly like you are. "do you really think im that stupid" kind of thing

that would be a pretty good play, i will be sure to remember it the next time i am a bad guy, but the truth of the matter in this case is that i am an Egyptian.

and the reason i felt the need to come out so strongly today is because both you and hoops werent here to do it on our teams behalf, as you so often do early in games.

i saw something that i thought was out of place and pushed on it..i was wrong and cost us the explorer, and will hopefully not die because of it.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #914
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

This thought had occured to me. The EG is almost certainly in the game; the explorer may or may not have been. I'm not sure if the mystic role would involve leaving the room or not. It would be a greater degree of risk in order to try to kill a BG, especially since it probably wouldn't be a straight 1 for 1 if done right. Even so, it's still pretty damn stupid for saldana to do it, because the manner he did it was too obvious and flamboyant. The only way it would work is a massive chain of reverse psychology and we usually don't go that far into it.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #915
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
that would be a pretty good play, i will be sure to remember it the next time i am a bad guy, but the truth of the matter in this case is that i am an Egyptian.

and the reason i felt the need to come out so strongly today is because both you and hoops werent here to do it on our teams behalf, as you so often do early in games.

i saw something that i thought was out of place and pushed on it..i was wrong and cost us the explorer, and will hopefully not die because of it.
I appreciate you picking up my slack . You wont be my vote tomorrow right now, im just catching up with a little bit of my pushing slack. Gotta look under a few rocks before everyone heads to bed.
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #916
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've *love* for Sun to clear Dubb if he can.

That would be impossible, although I'm sure he could come in and say that he's clean if you really need him to confirm that part
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #917
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've *love* for Sun to clear Dubb if he can.
wish I could, but I can't. As I've stated before I'm just a normal, nothing special Egyptian.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #918
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a great game so far with tons of participation and lots of interesting things going on so far. I like it! I hope the game I run, which is coming up, will be halfway as good. Thanks to you all!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #919
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I believe so, someone mentioned that the explorer could find good or bad items, is that for sure? Obviously if it's a good item path cnan pass it to whomever he trusts which would be a good thing but I think only path at the moment (well, maybe Cronin but I don't think he's allowed to talk) knows if the helmet is good or evil.

the only way to know if an item is good or evil is to have the enchanter or the dreamweaver look at it, so it would have to be passed to them during the night.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 PM   #920
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
the only way to know if an item is good or evil is to have the enchanter or the dreamweaver look at it, so it would have to be passed to them during the night.
correction, only the enchanter or the initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules in post 1
Items:
- Scarab of Protection - room cannot be entered that night
- Cursed Scarab - will change seer view (wolf seen as human, human seen as wolf)
- Only the Enchanter and Initiate are able to identify what role an item plays (distinguish between scarabs, for example).

Additional items may be added leading up to start of game, or may remain unidentified in the rules
Old 06-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #921
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm having a blast running it up to this point and would echo those sentiments.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #922
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm having a blast running it up to this point and would echo those sentiments.

yeah, well i think it SUCKS
Old 06-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #923
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think the key question we have to ask now is if we believe that the dogpile and the silence were cooridnated events. If we assume they are then the late voters aren't really good choices.

Don't we get back to the problem that it's likely too early for them to be able to coordinate anything like that swing since they still are searching for each other?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #924
path12
Coordinator

So, I've got this helmet.........thoughts?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #925
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12

Make it your official 'thinkin hat?'
Old 06-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #926
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Now, that first statement was just BS. But in catching up with the thread I think you had a valid reason to make the push. I'm not moving you up higher on my list because Cronin ended up good. It was better than any other theories we had.

Not that I don't think you shouldn't be called on it and made to explain, of course.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #927
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, just popped in to find out who got lynched, and the result. 0 for 2, blah. I'll catch up on the 5+ pages tomorrow morning.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #928
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Make it your official 'thinkin hat?'

You don't believe it'd be interesting to hear what others might think?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #929
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

you have a couple choices if i understand the rules correctly, assuming its a usable item and not just a tchotchke that cronin had lying around. but i dont think thats likely or it wouldnt have explicitly said it was given to you.

1. do nothing, you are allowed to hold one item at a time
2. pass the item to someone else....probably not a good idea until you know who the enchanter is so he can figure out if it is good or bad, and at this point, you would have little idea about whether the person you passed it to is good or bad
3. invoke the item....a worse idea, since you have no idea what it will do to you
Old 06-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #930
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Don't we get back to the problem that it's likely too early for them to be able to coordinate anything like that swing since they still are searching for each other?

The person that found cronin would had to have been the head necro. It's not terribly likely, but it's certainly possible.

Side question. Is there some easy way that people find out the number of posts any one person has made in a thread? I'm interested to know; I'm looking back at the last couple of games.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #931
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You don't believe it'd be interesting to hear what others might think?

Well it was a joke b/c I don't think you have any choice but to hold on to it and do nothing. You could envoke it, but seriously, unless you know what it does that could be bad times. And without knowing what it does you can't just blindly pass it around. I would wait until you build a circle of trust or absolutely have to pass it b/c you have another item. Until that time turn it into a thinkin hat.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #932
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, on the main page there is a hyperlink for the number of posts in a thread. If you click on that you can see how many posts each person has in that thread.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #933
Tyrith
College Starter

Woot, thanks hoops. The local Mr. Know-It-All isn't half bad
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #934
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep is pwning us in terms of posts in this thread.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:41 PM   #935
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

yeah but i am actually ahead of blade
Old 06-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #936
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have an excuse, and ill keep up. Why are you quiet dubb, you are one of the people who hate quiet people.
Demotivation
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #937
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have an excuse, and ill keep up. Why are you quiet dubb, you are one of the people who hate quiet people.

I'm middle of the pack

Actually I'm not sure tomorrow I'll be quite as active as I was today. Just been busy, today was my day off so I tried to enjoy it, and yesterday I was just busy. Tomorrow I'm off too, but I pretty much have a full day planned.

It's OK, I'm keeping up in thread.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #938
Tyrith
College Starter

I just find the number of people that have been loitering in the thread amazing compared to the last two games. Sixteen at the lynch, nine still now, nearly two hours after lynch? I know it's easy to just leave the thread open all day (this is why I'm in the thread so much), but still.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #939
kingfc22
Head Coach

trying to catch up
Old 06-21-2006, 12:12 AM   #940
Vince
Pro Starter

Interesting. I really thought Saldana had something when we all started jumping ship towards st. cronin. Here's a bunch of random musings...

So how long are we going to use the "the bad guys don't know each other, so we shouldn't assume they're coordinating things" logic? I can see that as a very good ploy for bad guys to use, especially after they have found each other and really are coordinating.

Also, can we afford to leave Saldana alone? Based on the "bad guys don't know each other" logic, lynching him right away isn't quite as automatic as lynching someone who went right after an innocent completely vocally. That being said, I'm pretty sure that there will be lingering suspicions on him for at least a few days because of what transpired today. Can we afford to leave him hanging while going after other people, knowing that at some point we're probably going to railroad him because of today?

There's probably more I could come up with, but I'm drunk (my softball team really sucks), so I'll leave things at that for now.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #941
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Interesting. I really thought Saldana had something when we all started jumping ship towards st. cronin. Here's a bunch of random musings...

So how long are we going to use the "the bad guys don't know each other, so we shouldn't assume they're coordinating things" logic? I can see that as a very good ploy for bad guys to use, especially after they have found each other and really are coordinating.

Also, can we afford to leave Saldana alone? Based on the "bad guys don't know each other" logic, lynching him right away isn't quite as automatic as lynching someone who went right after an innocent completely vocally. That being said, I'm pretty sure that there will be lingering suspicions on him for at least a few days because of what transpired today. Can we afford to leave him hanging while going after other people, knowing that at some point we're probably going to railroad him because of today?

There's probably more I could come up with, but I'm drunk (my softball team really sucks), so I'll leave things at that for now.

Just with how things transpired, I have to feel at least 1 person knew what was going on today.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:31 AM   #942
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Just with how things transpired, I have to feel at least 1 person knew what was going on today.

I think the silencing of st. cronin would corroborate your feeling. But who knew what, and how did they use it to their advantage? Is there any way we can use it to our advantage?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM   #943
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ok. Here are the big highlights for me that occured during the day.

1) We lynched one of our own again.
2) Path now has a helmet. What it does is still unknown and I'm not sure how we can test the item without placing a bullseye on the enchanter. I mean how else is the enchanter going to get an item passed to him withoug revealing himself?
3) Dubb's very stong feeling that sndvls is good.
4) So far only Barkeep and Saldana have been on the lynch side of the vote both times.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:46 AM   #944
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola

5) The silencing of st. cronin is also very interesting.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:04 AM   #945
hoopsguy
General Manager

End of Night 2, Start of Day 3

The unnatural storms continue unabated - many of you fear that the gods are angry with you for the deaths of two good Egyptians while the necromancers continue to walk the earth. The crackling of thunder makes it difficult for sound to carry from house to house. Morning arrives and once again everyone is safe and accounted for in the village.

Day 3 has begun.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #946
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I have to admit I wasn't expecting that. Anyone have any good nighttime experiences to share?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 AM   #947
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Another quiet night, this truly is the calm before the sandstorm...

I still haven't much to go on and this is a giant task in reading, like War and Peace but more interesting.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:26 AM   #948
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Didn't feel anyone scanning me, like Lathum had stated...did anyone corroborate that? It seemed like he was the only one.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:33 AM   #949
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Didn't feel anyone scanning me, like Lathum had stated...did anyone corroborate that? It seemed like he was the only one.
I'm hoping someone can corroborate that today.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #950
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok I have to admit I wasn't expecting that. Anyone have any good nighttime experiences to share?

Jessica Alba visited me in my house last night, but nothing out of the ordinary

Quote:
Didn't feel anyone scanning me, like Lathum had stated...did anyone corroborate that? It seemed like he was the only one

damn i hate saying this cause it might put a target on my back but i must say it. am i the only one a bit suspicious of Lathums comments?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote