Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #51
BYU 14
Coordinator

A meeting with Lance

It was always an adeventure to see Lance Decker.....because meeting with him was like sticking your hand into a magicians hat and hoping you grabbed a Rabbit and not an Alligator. He got straight to the point as usual.

Lance: "Ya know son, I think I see your point on not having judges, that fight with the transvestite or whatever ya call 'em.."

Me: "Lance that is just part of LuPone's schtick as "The Prince of Darkness" he makes himeself up to look evil.."

Lance: "Hell, he makes himself up to look like a damn voodoo hooker and besides all that, I've always said if ya dress like a girl, ya fight like a girl!"

Me: (I wondered if Lance had ever said that as I tried to think of a conversation you could just casually fit that random phrase into....hmmmm, I call BS) "Look Lance, what he looks like really isn't the issue, the issue is we need to give fighters an incentive to fight....a draw doesn't hurt them and it doesn't quench the audiences desire to see a winner and that's what we want here.....winners"

Lance: "Ya know, for as much as ya aggravate me sometimes I do think ya mean that.......And you are sure that's what the fans really want?"

Me: "Lance, just check out some of these posts from the Blurcat message boards"

I threw a few messages I had printed on the desk for his perusal...

Code:
Pizmaniac posts: 36 Man, I can't believe my boy Pizzarro got robbed, all that F*****g sissy Eton did was dance like Girl with crotch rot. They better change the damn rules or they will lose their fighters and fans....All that work Pizzman did for a draw!! Total Bulls**t!!!

another

Code:
MMAPIMP Posts: 4 What do you expect, the company is owned by a Texan and you know how they like marrying their relatives. A draw is like kissing your sister so Decker gets to relive that fantasy three or four times a night at one of their cards. He actually probably likes the fantasy better than the real thing because I am sure his sister weighs 300 pounds and smells like a septic tank.

Lance: "What the hell, did ya read what this Momma Pimp wrote??? Get me his phone number and address, I think I'm going to give that fella a little dose of polite pills....and what the hell kind of name is Momma Pimp."

Me: "It's actually M M A Pimp Lance and it's not his real name, it's what is called a screen name. And I don't have his address, that's why some people talk the way they do, you would never know them from Adam."

Heres another

Code:
Headkix69 Posts: 117 Man Pit Fighter Pro is getting on my nerves!!! Watching two fighters go at it for 30 minutes and then not even having a decision is like dreaming about Shania Twain every night, getting her down to her bra and panties then waking up to your dog licking your face. I drove three hours cause they are closest company to me and I get draws?? Get us some damn judges you cheap bastards and give us a winner!!

Lance: "Well, at least this fella has good taste in women and music, hell have you seen that there video of Shania where she..."

Me: "Lance! We really need to talk about this.....Look I have a bunch more, not to mention several calls complaining. These are the people we are going to grow with, we can't wank them off."

Lance: "Ah hell, I guess yer right, change the dang rules!! Three judges and there will be a decision. Now before you go theres one more thing.

Me: "And that is???"

Lance: "I like your moxy, so instead of another 50,000 in January, I am giving you 50,000 now, the money is already in the bank.....BUT don't you spend a red cent on anything fancy. same rules fer fighters, no bonus over 400 dollars to sign and all salaries over $2,000 get my approval first. Then, once we get our first card with 500 fans ya get another 50,000 and finally, when you get us a dang TV deal, ya get a final 50,000. Thats 200,000 dollars total son. If ya can't make it work with that yer more worthless than a damn steak in a vegetarian's icebox!!"

Me: "That is bloody fabulous Lance!!! And completely fair, you just wait and see, we'll have 500 people by the end of spring and by on TV by the end of 2001, then it's just making our first million!!"

Lance: "Son, I am all fer being a team, but when yer talking about money, use the word mine.....cuz that's whose money it is...mine."

Me: "Right, got carried away I did, thanks Lance, you won't regret it."

Just as I reached the door....his voice bellowed out one more time..

Lance: "And one more thing Ace.....You find me that damn Momma Pimp, he ain't talking about my sister like that and just think he's gonna strut around without his damn legs gettin broke!"

Me: "I will do my best to track him down sir."

As pulled away in my Car I couldn't help but beam at my good fortune. Fifty grand and I was getting judges. I also made a note to sign on to Blurcat when I got back to my apartment and delete my MMAPIMP account from their message board. Though I doubted it was possible he would find out who it was, it was apparent that Lance had a way of getting things done, so this Momma Pimp was taking no chances.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-12-2009 at 01:25 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #52
BYU 14
Coordinator

Normally it would be all about the hardest working man in PFP, Murilo Satinho back on action again as he and Kawano continue on a collision course. However, news out of England is that BCF filed for reorganization in October. The arrangement would restructure their debt to allow them to stay in operation, but until they were reformed sometime in November, their fighters would be able to field offers from other promotions. Even under the arrangement allowing them to keep operating, I still believe it is a matter of time before they fold for good, as McCallum could potentially have to rebuild his whole roster with very limited funds. On top of this their are also rumors that UKC is in financial trouble as well. MMA in the UK looks to be in serious trouble at this point.

November will be an interesting month indeed!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 4 – Last Stand

Preliminaries

HW – Ryuji Ganaha (1-0-1) and Taye Burnett (0-3-1) fight to a 3 rd draw
Rating: Average

MW – Marlon John (3-0) defeats Holden Strant (2-6) by TKO in 1:13 of rd 1
Rating: Great

Main Card

HW – Jutaro Honma (5-0) defeats Brian Barnes (12-12) by submission in 8:32 of rd 1
Barnes probed early with strikes and clinches; before Honma finally got the opening he wanted and scored the takedown. Barnes did a good job defending two submission attempts before an Americana finished him off late.

LW – Evan Pizzarro (3-0-1) defeats Marcus Speed (3-3-1) by TKO in 4:31 of rd 1
Not wanting another debacle like his last fight against LuPone, Pizzarro let his hands go early in this one after being unable to secure a take down and caught Speed with several heavy shots against the cage to get the TKO.

MW – Billy Russell (5-1) defeats Hunter Scribbins (3-2) by submission in 8:49 of rd 1
A great matchup on paper between two talented submission artists and it did not disappoint. Scribbins used the cage effectively to control Russell early, but Russell soon turned the tide. Some great counter wrestling followed on the ground, as Scribbins, in guard defended a Guillotine well, only to be swept and tapped out via Arm Bar.
Rating: Good

Main Event – Heavyweight Contenders
HW – Murilo Satinho (5-0) defeats Brent Baroni (4-2-1) by TKO in 2:35 of rd 1
The Man child Satinho came roaring from his corner as he usually does, unleashing a torrent of punches that forced Baroni to cover up. From here he took Baroni down and was able to work his way to full mount after landing some elbows from side control. Once mounted Baroni was done as Satinho tattooed him with heavy leather forcing the referee to jump in and stop the carnage. Grande Urso marches on!
Rating: Fantastic

Attendance: 291 – Gate $4,365 – Show Rating: Fantastic

Thoughts: A nice little attendance spike in our first card since the implementation of the "Eton" rule and wouldn't you know it. The first fight goes to the judges and is scored a draw!!! The undercard was a little dull, but the fights on top insured the show finished on a high note in what is our biggest gate to date in PFP. Satinho is getting over huge and the fans were in a frenzy watching his demolition of Baroni. Right now the three big boys in the HW division are him, Kawano and Honma, who is not as flashy as the other two, but very effective.

Quick Hits:
Huge news from the UK as McCallum loses control of BCF to Bungle Bhave, one of his creditors, in reorganization proceedings. Bhave then brings in Lulu Baker as president, but with limited resources, barely any fighters left and even less experience in MMA I don't see this ending well for Bhave.

In even bigger news, my beloved UKC finally goes under and this time it is for good. It was basically a case of the two English promotions destroying each other with over spending and under interest by the public. The upside for me though is that several fighters I covet are finally available including.....
Sylvester Collins
Vagner
Atsutane Akera
Nick Detroit
and my old buddy
Jim Carpenter

I promptly send offers to them all, as well as several others, including a soon to be free Lefter Oktay! I know I have no chance at him and can't afford him, but I offer him to make people think we are bigger ballers than we are. If he does negotiate with us I will drop out of the bidding early and let him go back to SIGMA, who surprisingly is the only other company courting him right now.

Signings:
In addition to these offers, I also take advantage of BCF's reorganization proceedings to sign the following Fighters in November.
HW - Rav Kapur 27 (11-1) Exclusive - 3250 - 6
LW - Chad Zoff 20 (1-0) Exclusive - 1000 - 8
HW - Percy Catcher 28 (14-3) Associate - 2000 - 6 (Percy then turns around a week later and signs an exclusive with Alpha-1 and gives notice to leave at the end of November, WTF? I pull him from his scheduled fight and tell him to hit the road.
MW - Conor Houghton 28 (2-6) Associate - 600 - 6
LW - Tim Oldacres 24 (0-1) Exclusive - 800 - 7
MW - Davis Spyrou 29 (19-7) Associate - 1600 - 6

Lance was not happy with Kapur's salary and told me no, which I expected, which is why I had the contract signed already. Needless to say he was pissed but Kapur is a huge addition!

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-13-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 1st 2001

Pit Fighter Pro - Quarterly Update

PFP Rankings January 1st, 2001 (© = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Middleweight Lightweight 1- Sylvester Collins 8-0 Mac Fuller 29-9 Evan Pizzaro 3-0-1 2- Rav Kapur 11-1 Davis Spyrou 19-7 Erico Gil 16-11 3- Murilo Satinho 5-0 Vagner 16-6-1 Bosco Curbeam 2-0-1 4- Eien Kawano 7-1 © Thomas Smith 12-3 Bret Clement 5-2 5- Jutaro Honma 5-0 Greg Atteveld 37-17 Ray Eton 8-3-1 6- Nate MacReary 4-0 Billy Russell 5-1 Houston George 2-0 7- Jack Cobblepot 38-15-3 Nick Detroit 5-1 Chad Zoff 1-0 8- Wilson Franklyn 5-1 Marlon John 3-0 Marcus Speed 3-3-1 9- Barry Strachan 25-19 Danny Akabaro 2-0-1 Roy Arnett 1-0 10- Mallory Bertrand 4-1-1 Folee Caffatere 3-2-1 Beau LuPone 1-1-1

Finances
4th Quarter Results: October (- 27,096) November (- 13,808) December (-1,471) (Overall balance: 8,536)
The 50,000 dollar infusion came in real handy as we would be in deep red overall otherwise. I again gambled with some of our signings, banking on the increase in overall talent level will get us to 500 fans, the benchmark for our final 50,000 investment, that much quicker. I dare say our Heavyweight division is now more talented than any promotions, with the exception of GAMMA and Alpha-1. In December we would have actually turned our first profit if I hadn’t brought in any new fighters.

Signings
(December only)
MW – Felix Mattherson Jr 24 (0-0) Associate – 400 – 5
LW – Bret Clement 25 (5-2) Associate – 800 – 5
HW – Wilson Franklyn 27 (5-1) Standard – 1800 – 6
MW – Nick Detroit 28 (5-1) Exclusive – 1000 – 6
LW – Grant Capelli 23 (0-3) Associate – 400 – 7
HW – Sylvester Collins 26 (8-0) Exclusive – 3500 – 8
MW – Vagner 32 (16-6-1) Associate – 1200 – 6
MW – Wayne McKellen 27 (5-5) Associate – 800 – 6

Some big names and though I have said it before, I will definitely have to stand pat for a while now. I lost out on bids for Jim Carpenter and Atsutane Akera, two guys I wanted badly, but I am happy overall. The Lightweight division is still real thin, but the big boys can carry the company at this point. Speaking of big boys, as expected Lefter Oktay laughed at me when I tried to negotiate and let me know we could not afford him, so don’t bother.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
I don't really count Percy Catcher, since he didn't even stay around long enough for a Beer, let along a fight.

Injuries
LW – Evan Pizzarro – Ankle – 3 months. He is scheduled to fight in April and should be 100%

Blurcat Quarterly – MMA News

October through December notable fights
GAMMA 61 – James Foster beat Russell McPhee by TKO in 0:49 of rd 1 to retain the GAMMA HW Title (Short work for one of the 2 best Heavyweights in the world)

Alpha -1 – Heiji Endo beat Leyoshi Yama****a by UD in 6 rds to retain the Alpha-1 MW Title (Ranked as a very poor match due to lack of action, these two styles did not mesh at all)

KDM FC 26 – Li-Kong Ho defeats Tomohiro Takeuchi by submission in 4:57 of rd 2 to retain the KDM FC FW Title (Ho is simply dominant and it will be interesting to see if a financially strapped KDM FC can keep him)

SIGMA – Fernando Amaro beat Henning Olsen by submission in 6:16 of rd 1 to retain the SIGMA MW Title

UKC 17 – Going out in a blaze of glory, the floundering UKC gives their fans a triple header of Title Matches
Sylvester Collins defeats Jesse Singh by TKO in 2:43 of rd 1 to retain the UKC HW Title
Atsutane Akera defeats Pierre Ouellet by submission on 2:03 of rd 1 to retain the UKC MW Title
Neville Granville defeats Inejiro Chiba by KO in 2:45 of rd 2 to win the UKC LHW Title
(Sadly only 328 fans show up for a gate of just $6,560)

MSX 18 – Sutton Ripley defeats Mac Fuller by UD in 5 rds to win the MSX MW Title (Our top ranked MW loses his MSX title, doesn’t make us look stronger if he wins our down the road)

SIGMA – Lefter Oktay defeats Armen Sarkisian by UD in 5 rds to retain the SIGMA HW Title (Oktay fears Satinho )

XCC – Phillip Ziskie defeats Lars Bohlin by TKO in 2:32 of rd 2 to retain the XCC FW Title (Ziskie is another I would like to lure to PFP, the guy is a machine)

Alpha-1 – Carlos da Guia defeats Joe Hinchcliffe by submission in 3:54 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 WW Title (Dropping a bit on PPV buys with 72,265 for $288.660 in revenue, gate was 7,520 for $376,000)

GAMMA 63 – Anthony LeToussier defeats Bill Cumming by KO in 1:14 of rd 2 to retain the GAMMA LHW Title (Cummings Cinderella story is short lived as LeToussier crushes the Wild one. Between the gate and PPV GAMMA pulled in almost 4 million dollars)

Breaking Ground
IFL (Intercontinental Fight League) based in New York City opens for business November 1st 2000. With a fairly strong backing and a $500,000 bankroll the IFL will should be a force on the East Coast

KOTR (Kings of the Ring) based in California announce plans to open on January 1st, 2001. Also bankrolled with $500,000 KOTR will provide some stiff competition for XCC also based in California.

Board the Windows
UKC (United Kingdom Combat) declared bankruptcy in November 2000 as previously mentioned.

Despite UKC closing and both BCF and KDM FC in financial straights two new companies join the fray and will compete to start in the American market, which has arguably the strongest MMA fan base at this time. GAMMA will be fine, but they have deeper pockets than us, MSX and XCC, which means salaries will be driven up as competition increases. I will be very selective in bidding wars from here on and look to sign young guys or fighters nobody else wants.

Major Promotion Rankings
1- GAMMA
2- Alpha-1
3- SIGMA
4- Kadena De Mano
5- Kings of the Ring
6- BCF
7- XCC
8- WEFF (Womens Extreme Fighting Federation)
9- Mountain States Xtreme
10- Pit Fighter Pro
11- IFL

Some minor shuffling, with KOTR debuting surprisingly high, which is based mostly on their backers and influence.

Top 10 Pound for Pound in the World (Last quarters rating in parenthesis)
1 (2): HW – Hassan Fezzik 29-0 (Alpha-1)
2 (1): HW – James Foster 37-4-1 (GAMMA)
3 (3): MW – Matthew Dean 35-5 (GAMMA)
4 (4): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 25-1 (Alpha-1)
5 (5): MW – Buddy Garner 16-0 (GAMMA)
6 (6): WW – Julio Regueiro 18-0-1 (GAMMA)
7 (7): HW – Lefter Oktay 19-0 (SIGMA)
8 (UR): FW – Li-Kong Ho 23-0 (KDM FC)
9 (8): MW – Neil Napier 18-1 (GAMMA)
10 (UR): LW – Lubos Plasil 11-0 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Sean Morrison, Fiyero Lermontov

A flip flop on top as is bound to happen with the two baddest men on the planet, but not much change elsewhere. Li-Kong Ho makes his long overdue debut in the top ten P4P rankings.

Retirements
Gunnar Nilsson – 39 yrs old (43-13) Alpha-1
Joel Adams – 39 yrs old (18-19) Alpha-1
Graham Goodbody – 39 yrs old (23-13) GAMMA (UKC HW Champion 03/99 to 05/99 0 defenses)

One of my first signings, the big Welshman, who was the very first UKC HW Champion, hangs the gloves up. Limited skills, but big, strong and always dangerous. I always liked Goodbody.

Legal Blotter
Clean sheet

Media
Alpha-1 signs a PPV deal with Emperor Choice
GAMMA signs a PPV deal with Vista (Now seen via PPV on 4 continents)

Year end Awards 2000

Fighter of the Year – Joaquim Fontes (4-0 for the year in GAMMA)
Female Fighter of the year – Yuya Shimizu (This family can all fight)
Rookie of the year – Bill Brown (Good choice)
Rise of the year – Joshua Hope
Fall of the year – Toson Ono
Promotion of the year – PFP (I am shocked at the honor, a big upset for the upstarts!)
Team of the year – American Cage Fighters
Show of the year – Alpha-1: Fezzik vs Arai – January 2000
Fight of the year – Carter Potter vs Steve Mason (Alpha-1, March 2000)
Worst fight of the year – Sinali Shomen vs Naohiro Suzuki (Independent show, June 2000)
Knockout of the year – Anthony LeToussier vs Lawrence Herringbone (GAMMA, May 2000)
Submission of the year – Julio Regueiro vs Darin Blood (GAMMA, June 2000)
Main event of the year – Carter Potter vs Steve Mason (Alpha-1, March 2000)
Upset of the year – Gyokusho Fujimoto defeats Harry Milne (Alpha-1, February 2000)
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #55
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have to admit I am excited about our first card or the year, not only because we will crown a Middleweight Champion, but because I am anxious to see if our surprising win as promotion of the year for 2000 will translate into some additional fans, which in turn gets us closer to that final 50,000 dollar installment from big Lance, which inturn should insure our survival.

Obviously all those thoughts are under ideal circumstances and which the arrival of KOTR and IFL on the American MMA scene it will be hard to keep it ideal. One thing I do know is that the winner of our co-main event will be in line for a shot at Kawano if he gets past his next challenger, who will be announced at this show. If Satinho beats the veteran he will get a well deserved rest, as his fight schedule has been jammed since PFP opened. But then again, it's not like his fights are dragging on for 20-30 minutes either, so he should be fine.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #56
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 5 – Duel in the Desert

Preliminaries

MW – Folee Caffatere (4-2-1) defeats Joseph King (4-14) by KO in 3:07 of rd 1

HW – Bob Dozier (9-15) defeats Keaton Spratt (4-11) by TKO in 0:41 of rd 3

Main Card

LW – Houston George (3-0) defeats Erico Gil (16-12) by submission in 4:10 of rd 1
“Furious” George goes right for the takedown and we spend the entire match on the ground. After passing guard, George stuns Gil with a series of blows and then traps his dazed opponent in an Armbar securing the win.

MW – Danny Akabaro (3-0-1) defeats Barrett Fforde (2-5) by TKO in 1:43 of rd 1
The pretty boy put on a beautiful exhibition of ground and pound, taking Fforde to the ground with little trouble. Once there Akabaro unloaded bomb after bomb, bouncing Fforde’s head off the mat forcing the stoppage.

HW – Murilo Satinho (6-0) defeats Barry Strachan (25-20) by TKO in 1:43 of rd 1
Satinho liked Akabaro’s performance so much he gave the crowd an exact duplicate, completely overpowering the veteran Strachan, who many thought would test “Grande Urso.” Satinho continued cutting his bloody swathe through the Heavyweight division striking out Strachan with a horrific series of blows from the mount that had Strachan on dream street by the time the Referee pulled Satinho off.

Main Event – PFP Middleweight Championship
MW – Thomas Smith (13-3) defeats Greg Atteveld (37-18) by TKO in 9:12 of rd 1
An excellent match while it lasted, that was underappreciated by the fans. Smith scored a quick takedown, but made no process and nearly got caught in a Kimura. After Atteveld got back to his feet, Smith took him down again and both men traded submission attempts to no avail. As the round wore on, conditioning became a factor as Atteveld began to tire, allowing Smith to take his back and score the stoppage with a series of elbows to become the inaugural PFP Middleweight Champion!!

Attendance: 294 – Gate $4,410 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: I was hoping for a bigger increase in attendance than 3! Still on the bright side, this rates as the best overall show of my career according to the pundits at Blurcat and we continue to see boosts in name recognition for our promotion. I am now 6K + in the hole though so it will be a race against Bankruptcy to get to 500 attendance and get that final investment.

Satinho continues to impress, walking through everyone I put in front of him. His next fight will be for the HW title against the winner of the Eien Kawano/Rav Kapur fight, which was announced during intermission to the delight of the fans. Atteveld fought hard in his losing effort to Smith, but hs is just too old and not in shape to go as hard as the young guys. Smith could reign at MW for while as I don't see any of the young guys ready and you never know what you will get from Mac Fuller, who will probably be his first challenger.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #57
BYU 14
Coordinator

A good card to follow up our best show ever with Kawano defending the Heavyweight strap. For the winner of this fight a June date with Murilo Satinho awaits. "Big Mac" MacReary can interject himself into the title picture as well with a decisive win over Cobblepot and if our HW division wasn't already loaded enough we confirm with Blurcat that we have just signed...................

Renato! The Brazilian powerhouse has seen some of his shine wear off after joining Alpha-1 following up a debut win with back to back losses to Khru Duanjan and Hiro Arai. Still at 26 years old and with a record of 7-3 he is far from washed up and I believe he can still be a force. One good aspect of his two bout losing streak is it gets him in a bit cheaper as I sign him to a Standard deal worth $1600 per fight for 8 fights.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #58
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 6 – Crimson Carnival

Preliminaries

LW – Nathan Chambers (1-0) defeats Tim Oldacres (0-2) by KO in 5:54 of rd 2

LW – Chad Zoff (2-0) defeats Ryder Myllart (0-2-1) by submission in 6:07 of rd 1

Main Card

LW – Bosco Curbeam (3-0-1) defeats Ashton Andrews (3-10) by TKO in 1:44 of rd 1
A definite “light” workload for Curbeam, who stuffed Andrews attempts at a takedown, then completed a trip takedown and put Andrews away from side control with a series of hammer fists.

MW – Davis Spyrou (20-7) defeats Ronnie Teller (3-2) by TKO in 1:34 of rd 1
Making his PFP debut, Spyrou served notice that he will be a force in the Middleweight division. The newcomer caught Teller early with a dazzling combination dropping him on his, before diving in to finish the execution.

HW – Nate MacReary (5-0) defeats Jack Cobblepot (38-16-3) by TKO in 5:12 of rd 1
A true crossroads fight for Cobblepot who is on the fast track to becoming a rung on the ladder for the PFP’s young heavyweights. Early it looked as though the savvy vet would make it a fight as he out grappled MacReary relying on technique and experience. As the round wore on MacReary’s youth began to assert itself and he finally put Cobblepot on his back. Once past guard “Big Mac” unleashed the beast and battered Cobblepot senseless

Main Event – PFP Heavyweight Championship
HW – Rav Kapur (12-1) defeats Eien Kawano (7-2)* by TKO in 8:18 of rd 1
The Beast of Birmingham, known more for his kickboxing skills, unveiled a new dimension tonight and in doing so threw a Monkey Wrench into the Kawano/Satinho super fight plans. Showing an excellent sprawl, Kapur frustrated Kawano early and gained the advantage on the ground through a front face lock. From here Kawano demonstrated superb defense, eventually prompting the referee to stand the fighters up. A sudden flurry from Kapur then dropped Kawano and diving into side control began to pummel the defenseless Champion, lifting the PFP HW Title and setting up a fight against Murilo Satinho in late spring/early summer.

Attendance: 207 – Gate $3,105 – Show Rating: Poor

Thoughts: Not at all what I had hoped for. Both the Main and Co-Main were regarded as great choices in pre-fight feedback, but we lost almost 90 in attendance! I think it is due to the fact that Kapur was not that well known outside of England, but he whould be now. After Kapur was awarded the PFP Title, Murilo Satinho entered the cage and told the crowd he was looking forward to testing his skills against the the new Champion. I then came out and announced that the Fight will take place in May and to "Tell all your friends, because this one will be a bloody war!!!"

I really wanted to wait until June, but the poor numbers on this card force me to due some rebooking as I move the Thomas Smith/Vagner Middleweight Title fight up to the April card, along with a soon to be announced fight for the vacant PFP LW Title.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #59
BYU 14
Coordinator

2001- 1st Quarter Summary

PFP Rankings April 1st, 2001 (© = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Middleweight Lightweight 1- Rav Kapur 12-1 © Mac Fuller 29-9 Luiz Machado 26-9-2 2- Sylvester Collins 8-0 Davis Spyrou 20-7 Houston George 3-0 3- Murilo Satinho 6-0 Thomas Smith 13-3 © Evan Pizzarro 3-0-1 4- Nate MacReary 5-0 Vagner 16-6-1 Zachary Gilbert 13-10 5- Renato 7-3 Billy Russell 5-1 Bosco Curbeam 3-0 6- Eien Kawano 7-2 Greg Atteveld 37-18 Chad Zoff 2-0 7- Jutaro Honma 5-0 Nick Detroit 5-1 Corey Summers 4-0 8- Wilson Franklyn 5-1 Marlon John 3-0 Erico Gill 16-12 9- Jack Cobblepot 38-16-3 Danny Akabaro 3-0-1 Bret Clement 5-2 10- Mallory Bertrand 4-1-1 Folee Caffatere 4-2-1 Ray Eton 8-3-1

Finances
1st Quarter Results: January (- 15,887) February (- 27,888) March (- 102) (Overall balance: - 34,691)
Well we follow our worst month ever with our best, only losing 102 dollars in March, I am now thinking about going to Bi-Monthly shows to decrease the Money loss, since we can make at least break even now on merchandise sales. The only thing I worry about it losing momentum. I have to do something to get 500 asses in the seats or I am going to be on more crap than a Hog at a sewage plant as Lance would say….Ok, maybe he wouldn’t say that but it sounded good.

Signings
1st Quarter
LW – Corey Summers 22 (4-0) Associate – 600 – 7
HW – Renato 26 (7-3) Standard – 1600 – 8 (He also went out and signed an Associate deal with SIGMA)
LW – Zachary Gilbert 29 (13-10) Associate – 1400 – 6 (Competent Veteran, will be good for my young LW’s)
LW – Luiz Machado 32 (26-9-2) Exclusive – 2000 – 6 (Yeah he is over 30 but still a bargain for his skill level)

Obviously I have wanted Renato back since the UKC days, it is just a shame he was pretty much jobbed out in Alpha-1. I will need to work on rebuilding his confidence as he has lost 3 of his last 4. Machado is a great pickup as far as I am concerned as I am concerned. He is a solid Jiu Jitsu guy and has fought some of the best, including XCC FW Champion Philip Ziskie, one of the best small men on the World.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
HW Barry Strachan 35 (25-20) signs an exclusive deal with KOTR (Fought only once for us)

Injuries
None – Beyond minor bumps and bruises

October through December notable fights
Alpha-1 – Tadamasa Yamada beat Alekos Karabatsos by submission in 7:57 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 LHW Title

GAMMA 64 – James Foster beat Tim Boyer by TKO in 1:57 of rd 2 to retain the GAMMA HW Title (The public clamor for a Foster / Hassan match grows louder by the day. This is one match that somehow has to happen at some point. It would be the biggest fight on MMA history)

GAMMA 65 – JJ Reid defeats Buddy Garner by UD in 5 rounds to win the GAMMA MW Title (A shocker as Garner was favored but was outhustled by a hungrier fighter. This one begs for a rematch)

KDM FC – Mikio Inouye beat Fujimaro Hidaka by TKO in 1:25 of rd 3 to win the KDM FC LW Title (Another new Champion crowned)

Alpha-1 – Hassan Fezzik defeats Khru Duangjan by submission in 3:48 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 HW Title (Not much to say here, Fezzik is the man)

IFL: Impending Doom – Ikku Funaki defeats Peter Bracewell by KO in 2:36 of rd 2 to win the IFL WW Title (The very first card for the fledgling New York promotion)

GAMMA 66 – Julio Regueiro defeats Simon Vine by submission in 0:35 of rd 4 to retain the GAMMA WW Title (GAMMA just cranks out big fights, 4.5 million on revenue on this card)

Breaking Ground
No new Promotions this Quarter

Board the Windows
No promotions close, though BCF and us are in trouble.

Major Promotion Rankings
1- GAMMA
2- Alpha-1
3- Kadena De Mano
4- SIGMA
5- Kings of the Ring
6- WEFF (Women’s)
7- XCC
8- BCF
9- Mountain States Xtreme
10- Pit Fighter Pro
11- IFL

KDM FC, despite some money issues passes SIGMA for third, while WEFF and BCF swap spots. BCF is on the edge of the cliff.

Top 10 Pound for Pound in the World (Last quarters ranking in parenthesis)
1 (2): HW – James Foster 38-4-1 (GAMMA)
2 (1): HW – Hassan Fezzik 30-0 (Alpha-1)
3 (9): MW – Neil Napier 19-1 (GAMMA)
4 (4): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 26-1 (Alpha-1)
5 (6): WW – Julio Regueiro 19-0-1 (GAMMA)
6 (7): HW – Lefter Oktay 19-0 (SIGMA)
7 (8): FW – Li-Kong Ho 23-0 (KDM FC)
8 (3): MW – Matthew Dean 35-6 (GAMMA)
9 (10): LW – Lubos Plasil 11-0 (GAMMA)
10 (UR) Aleksander Ivanov 9-0 (SIGMA, Alpha-1)

Dropped out: Buddy Garner

Buddy Garner’s upset loss cost him his #5 in the world P4P slot, while Foster and Fezzik continue to swap the top spots.

Retirements
Mark Cohen – 38 yrs old (36-11-1) GAMMA – A pioneer of MMA, who calls it quits after 3 straight losses. He is the first selection to the newly formed MMA Hall of Fame.
Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho – 39 yrs old (22-20-5) Independent
Peter Bracewell – 39 yrs old (21-12) IFL (retires after a poor showing in his debut with the new promotion)
Stan Blackheath – 39 yrs old (20-13) MSX (4 losses in a row send him packing)

Cohen is well respected throughout the MMA world and though the game has caught up with him over the years, he is a big reason MMA is where it is.

Legal Blotter
Not a peep

Media
GAMMA adds to the dynasty signing a PPV deal with Euronet
KDM FC extend their Television show on Net-A

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-16-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sitting in the office pouring over marketing reports and advertising trends for possible sponsors I was surprised by none other than Mr. Decker himself…

Lance: “Well howdy son, y’all figuring out ways to make some money there?”

Me: “Actually I was……Just going over some trends and projections. You know I am thinking about going to shows every other month, because we are pretty much breaking even during months we don’t have a show.”

Lance: “I saw that son, only lost $102 buckeroos in March.”

Me: “Yeah, it’s a start, I want to start showing profits at least every other month so we can hold off the creditors. I am also thinking about going to only 3 fights on the main card for a bit as well.”

Lance: “Well son, I’ve been doing some thinking my damn self and I think its high time we fit you with the Lords Neck Tie.”

Me: “What?”

Lance: “Back in the day son, the 1800’s to be exact; the big industry here in Texas was raising Cattle. Now I reckon that then, like now, when some good honest folks figure out a way to make some money, ya get a whole gaggle of folks that figure out a dishonest way to get their filthy hands on it. Now, there wasn’t enough law to cover a lot of the State at the time and some of these fella’s were slipperier than a Weasel in a bucket of Lard. So folks became their own law. When a Cattle Rustler was caught red handed and there was two or more folks who could vouch fer the stinkin thief….well, it meant that fella was gonna get strung up.”

Me: “Fascinating stuff Lance, so you’re going to hang me?”

Lance: “Now dang gummit son, let me finish. Now fer these god fearing, law abiding folks there was a problem. If they didn’t catch the culprit red handed, they just couldn’t go all hog wild stringing people up. So a preacher, name of Phineas T Thatcher came up with an idea of his own. He reckoned when you suspected someone of stealing yer Cattle, but couldn’t catch them in the act, you could simply put the matter in the hands of the good Lord. So they’d take a fence post and drive it into the ground under a hangin Tree. Then the men folk would take the suspected Cattle thief and put a rope around his neck, then string him up right over the fence post so he could stand on it. Now I reckon it’s no easy chore standing on the skinny fence post all night without slipping, but they figured that’s were the Lord would come in. If he gave the suspected thief the strength to last the night and not fall off the post they figured he was innocent and made him a free man. Now….on the other hand, if he fell off the post and hung himself during the night they figured he was guilty and the Lord had done his work, and that’s where the name Lords Neck Tie came from.”

Me: “Right, simply brilliant Lance, but what does that have to do with making Money?”

Lance: “Well, like I said, I think it’s high time ya got yer own Lords Neck Tie.”

Me: “Lance, I’m not standing on a fence post all night.”

Lance: “Woooeee, do y’all go to school there in England? Yer fence post is the Cage and yer Rope is made outta Dollar bills…..50 thousand of them.”

Me: “Right, how daft of me not to figure that out. Now please explain.”

Lance: “Holy one legged Roosters son! I committed to one last 50,000 dollar payment when ya reached 500 people at a show. Well, since I have it committed I figured, why the hell not use it now. We are almost to the point of making a small profit when we ain’t got a fight card, so if ya cut a fight like ya said and we can get some people coming in, the money will get us through the rough period. Then it’s up to you to stay on yer damn post or fall off. Just know this son. This is the last money I put in before I start making some….So keep yer balance, cause I reckon that Neck Tie don’t feel too good when it gets tight.”

Me: “Lance….I really appreciate this, but why couldn’t you just walk in and say, hey, lets put that last 50,000 into the company now since we are at a critical point and it can be just what we need to keep us afloat.”

Lance: (Laughing) “Now why the hell would I do that son…If I hadn’t a told ya about the Lords Neck Tie, who else would of?”

With that Lance strode from the office, while I sat staring into space wondering how many people now had no reason to live after Lance had spilled the beans on the Lords Neck Tie to me before they had a chance to…..Blimey!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:38 AM   #61
BYU 14
Coordinator

After some shuffling we have two World Title fights including a rematch of the controversial draw between Pizzarro and Eton for the inagural PFP Lightweight Championship Belt. Both Smith and Pizzarro are solid draws in the two main fights and I am counting on them to build some momentum headning into next months fight between Kapur and Satinho. The Piggy bank is tapped now, so we need to start bringing in the fans quickly!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #62
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 7 – Thunderstruck

Preliminaries

LW – Chuck Brown (1-0-1) defeats Grant Capelli (0-4) by KO in 1:49 of rd 1

HW – Taye Burnett (1-3-1) defeats Adrian Bradley (5-4) by submission in 4:13 of rd 1

Main Card

HW – Guy Broom (3-1) defeats Ryuji Ganaha (1-1-1) by UD in 3 rds
Broom was much stronger physically and it showed as he manhandled Ganaha in the 1st round, scoring two takedowns and opening a cut up with savage elbow strikes from half guard. Broom gassed quickly though and the remainder of the fight saw mostly clinching and very little action.

MW – Billy Russell (6-1) defeats Conor Houghton (2-7) by submission in 4:34 of rd 1
Russell showed why he is one of the top submission fighters in the company against the awkward Houghton who had no interest in going to the ground. Once Russell did secure a takedown, he gained side control and applied an Americana forcing the Tap.

PFP Lightweight Championship
LW – Evan Pizzarro (4-0-1) defeats Ray Eton (8-4-1) by submission in 4:15 of rd 1
Learning from his first fight with Eton, Pizzarro let his hands go early and often in the rematch, catching Eton with a flurry and sending him crashing to the mat. Diving in and isolating an arm Pizzarro was able to lock in a Kimura finishing Eton off and becoming the first PFP Lightweight Champion!
Rating: Decent

Main Event – PFP Middleweight Championship
MW – Thomas Smith (14-3)* defeats Vagner (16-7-1) by submission in 8:32 of rd 1
Vagner put his kick boxing skills on display early rocking Smith with a wicked right early and tattooing him with several big shots as Smith looked to grapple. Remaining calm, Smith finally got the fight on the ground and went for a Kimura, which Vagner defended nicely, before Smith expertly transitioned the hold into an Americana and clamping down to force the submission, retaining his MW Title.
Rating: Excellent

Attendance: 277 – Gate $4,155 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: Headed in the right direction again attendance wise and March ends up almost tripling our previous high in Merchandise as we do over $15,000! This also lead to a new high in administrative costs, but you have to spend it to make it. With our most popular fighter poised to challenge for a title next month I have to imagine we will surpass 300 in attendance easily.

One upsetting note is that shortly after this card Thomas Smith goes and signs an exclusive deal with KOTR for $7,500, nearly $5,000 more than I am, paying him and way to steep to compete with. This really sucks, but that is the danger of Associate contracts and he did what I needed him to do while I had him.

KOTR is throwing the cash around as I feared and their pockets are much deep than ours, plus thanks to their ability to advertise more they drew over 800 for their first show!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #63
BYU 14
Coordinator

The big day in the young history of PFP approaches as we prepare for our first "superfight." This has actually created a little bit of a buzz in the MMA world and I hope it will serve as a springboard for PFP. I am quite certain we will see an increase in fans as advance ticket sales are already approaching 300. With a solid undercard I am hoping this show increases our exposure to the point where some small TV stations may start talking to us.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #64
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Can't wait for this fight. Santinho better knock him dead.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #65
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sorry Detox

PFP 8 – Rampage

Preliminaries

LW – Corey Summers (5-0) defeats Roy Arnett (1-1-1) by UD in 3 rds

HW – Damien Jones (4-2-1) defeats Libor Pudil (0-1-1) by UD in 3 rds

Main Card

MW – Danny Akabaro (4-0-1) defeats Wayne McKellen (5-6) by TKO in 0:23 of rd 1
McKellen was rumored to have gone through some personal issues prior to the fight and it showed as Akabaro caught him flush with the first punch he threw, then barraged McKellen with bombs to get the TKO. The fastest stoppage in the brief history of PFP.

LW – Houston George (4-0) defeats Bret clement (5-3) by TKO in 3:53 of rd 1
Clement boxes effectively early, but can’t keep Georges world class wrestling skills at bay as the furious one controls Clement on the ground, unleashing a fusillade of Elbows from side control that turn out the lights.

HW – Sylvester Collins (9-0) defeats Adrian Swall (4-4) by TKO in 2:53 of rd 1
With a probable shot at the main event winner on the line Collins found himself on his back early as Swall scored a quick takedown. Quickly sweeping Swall, Collins regained his feet and promptly planted Swall on the Mat. From there one of the best Ground and Pound men in the business did his thing nearly decapitating Swall.

Main Event – PFP Heavyweight Championship
HW –Rav Kapur (13-1)* defeats Murilo Satinho (6-1) by KO in 4:01 of rd 3
This was a battle of immovable objects as both men tried to exert grappling control, with neither able to take the other down in a grueling first round that saw both begin to tire. Kapur did some semi effective Muay Tai work in the round, while Satinho landed more strikes. More of the same in round 2 with both men taking turns jamming the other into the cage in a slow paced stanza. Round 3 saw Satinho catch a side kick and use it to finally take Kapur down, but the Champion did not wilt. With the action stalemated on the ground the Referee stood them back up. As Satinho moved in to clinch, Kapur threw a hellacious right hand that caught Grande Urso flush, rendering him unconscious before he hit the ground. Kapur keeps his title in sudden, shocking fashion!

Attendance: 526 – Gate $10,520 – Show Rating: Fantastic

Thoughts: With the exception of the outcome of the main event, I couldn't be happier with this card as we shattered our attendance record and double our best previous gate. In terms of Satinho, was it too soon? I don't think so, the match, though slow, was very even, with neither fighter able to take control. It appeared that Kapur was more fatigued and when Satinho finally got a takedown I thought he had him, but Kapur defended brilliantly from the ground. In terms of the end of the fight, Satinho walked into a perfect punch, plain and simple and that shot would have put anybody to sleep.

Afterwards Sylvester Collins did his part to increase interest by granting an interview to a local paper blasting both men for being afraid to fight with his best quote being. "Those two fools should have been on dancing with the stars the way they were waltzing with other, you feel me? Man, what I am saying, they probably dance as well as they fight, The Big Show will just have to send both their sorry asses back to school!"

With the huge jump in attendance we need to follow up with a big show next time out now that we have some peoples attention....That will lie on my shoulders.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-17-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #66
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Disappointing to see Santinho lose. I assume he'll be back soon enough though.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #67
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, amazing show though.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #68
BYU 14
Coordinator

Hopefully not my last show. The game froze during multiple advance and now my save game file appears to be currupted. I have an email in to Adam, hopefully he can figure something out. It would suck to have to start this over....
Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #69
BYU 14
Coordinator

Fixed my saved game file so we move on :)

Code:
Heavyweight Middleweight Lightweight 1- Rav Kapur 13-1 © Mac Fuller 29-9 Luiz Machado 26-9-2 2- Sylvester Collins 9-0 Vagner 16-7-1 Templeton Crumb 10-4 3- Murilo Satinho 6-1 Billy Russell 6-1 Houston George 4-0 4- Nate MacReary 5-0 Danny Akabaro 4-0-1 Evan Pizzarro 4-0-1 5- Renato 7-3 Greg Atteveld 37-18 Zachary Gilbert 13-10 6- Eien Kawano 7-2 Nick Detroit 5-1 Bosco Curbeam 3-0 7- Jutaro Honma 5-0 Marlon John 3-0 Chad Zoff 2-0 8- Wilson Franklyn 5-1 Holden Strant 2-6 Erico Gill 16-12 9- Jack Cobblepot 38-16-3 Ronnie Allen Teller 3-2 Roy Arnett 2-0-1 10- Mallory Bertrand 4-1-1 Barrett Fforde 2-5 Bret Clement 5-3

Finances
2nd Quarter Results: April (- 16,013) May (- 17,916) June (- 1,372) (Overall balance: - 9,050)
It is going to be a race against time now and I think that since our younger Fighters (especially HW) are becoming known I can start to cut some of the high priced associate contracts I have. I will have to look for some good young MW prospects as we lost a lot there and Vagner is set to leave to KOTR (Who really pillaged us) in July. It now becomes all about cheap shows that keep our popularity on the upswing.

Signings
1st Quarter
LW – Templeton Crumb 29 (10-4) Associate - 1200 – 7 matches (Sigma and Alpha-1 are after him, so we may not have him for long)
LW – Tyler Lass 25 (4-4) Associate – 1000 – 6

Crumb is a top guy, but again we probably won’t keep him if he gets an exclusive offer from his two suitors. Lass is nothing special, but he is a spoiler type that fill expose any pretenders.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
MW Davis Spyrou 30 (21-7) signs an exclusive deal with GAMMA. (This hurts a little)
MW Thomas Smith 28 (14-3) signs an exclusive deal with KOTR. (As already chronicled, a huge loss)
MW Folee Caffetere 31 (4-2-1 signs an exclusive deal with IFL (He will fight LHW for them)
MW Joseph King 31 (4-14) signs an exclusive deal with IFL (You can see the caliber that IFL is pursuing vs KOTR. It will be an interesting side bar to see which of the new promotions has the better strategy)

Injuries
None
One thing of note is that both Satinho and Kapur needed 3 months to recover after their match. Satinho is used to being ready again in 30-45 days, so we will see how this affects him psychologically.

April through June notable fights

KOTR 1 – The new guys hold their first card and Osmosis Benn defeats Patrick Thomas for the LHW title by 10 rd UD, while Tan Su scores a 2nd round TKO over Agustin Gonzalez to capture the LW strap. (as mentioned they drew 832 and made $24,960…I would take that right now)

SIGMA – Ethan Sutton beat Fernando Amaro by UD in 5 rds to win the SIGMA MW Title. (On the undercard a great fight saw Manual Silva KO Kenneth Toadspew in 8:03 of rd 1)

Alpha-1 – Kafu Bunya beat Carlos da Guia by submission in 2:10 of rd 6 to win the Alpha-1 WW Title (A big card for them that sees a moderate upset in the main event)

KDM FC – Li-Kong Ho beat Sammy Gaffigan by submission in 4:10 of rd 1 to win the KDM FC FW title (Ho is a bad man)

A quick side note, KOTR is down to 618 for their latest show and is losing money badly. The good news for them is they still have over 400,000 thousand. IFL has been steady with 166, 205 and 169 in attendance for their first 3 shows.

GAMMA 69 – James Foster beat Grzegorz Boniek by submission in 3:52 of rd 5 to retain the GAMMA HW Title (Boniek made Foster work for this one, though it was not regarded as a great fight)

Alpha-1 – Hassan Fezzik beat Gyokusho Fujimoto by submission in 9:58 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 HW Title (Fezzik answers Foster win a week later in great fight against Fujimoto)

Breaking Ground

Board the Windows
No promotions close. BCF has one foot in the grave though and the economy in England is slipping.

Major Promotion Rankings (Last quarters ranking in parenthesis)
1 (1) - GAMMA
2 (2) - Alpha-1
3 (3) - Kadena De Mano
4 (4) – SIGMA
5 (7) - XCC
6 (6) - WEFF (Women’s)
7 (9) - Mountain States Xtreme
8 (5) - Kings of the Ring
9 (8) - BCF
10 (10) - Pit Fighter Pro
11 (11) - IFL

The top four are unchanged and three of them are stable, but KDM FC is in huge trouble, over 368,000 dollars in debt. It would be a shame to lose one of the big boys, but they are just not being managed wisely.

1 (1): HW – James Foster 39-4-1 (GAMMA)
2 (9): LW – Lubos Plasil 12-0 (GAMMA)
3 (2): HW – Hassan Fezzik 31-0 (Alpha-1)
4 (UR): WW – Kafu Bunya 16-0 (GAMMA)
5 (3): MW – Neil Napier 19-1 (GAMMA)
6 (4): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 26-1 (Alpha-1)
7 (5): WW – Julio Regueiro 19-0-1 (GAMMA)
8 (6): HW – Lefter Oktay 19-0 (SIGMA)
9 (7): FW – Li-Kong Ho 24-0 (KDM FC)
10 (8): MW – Matthew Dean 35-6 (GAMMA)

Dropped out: Aleksander Ivanov

GAMMA is developing a chokehold on these rankings as Plasil rockets up 7 spots and Bunya debuts at #4. This is the lowest Fezzik has been ranked in 3 years.

Retirements
Thomas O’Cann – 33 yrs old (2-11) Independent – The Irish scrapper fought his whole career on the Indies.
Rick Stanley – 40 yrs old (24-11-3) GAMMA – The Pit Bull hangs ‘em up after being KO’d by Chuck Dooley.

Legal Blotter
Manual Silva – Positive Drug test suspended for 12 months. A big blow for “The Prodigy” one of MMA’s bright young fighters who was nabbed after his big win over Toadspew.

Media
KDM FC strikes a PPV deal with Sports Asia-Cast. Will it be in time to save them?
GAMMA adds another PPV carrier to their empire signing a deal with USA Free Choice
Alpha-1 brings back their TV show “Head to Head” signing a deal with All Japan TV.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 AM   #70
BYU 14
Coordinator

Four of our most promising young fighters headline the July extravaganza and both main fights should provide fireworks fitting of July in America. Sylvester Collins has a title shot with Kapur wrapped up and is taking a big chance here as Franklyn will take his spot should he win. This card also marks the debut of Renato, who will look to rebound after back to back losses with Alpha-1. I am hoping the Brazilian power house can recapture his pre Alpha-1 form when he was with UKC and become a factor in the HW division.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #71
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 9 – Scars and Stripes

Preliminary

LW – Felix Matherson Jr (1-0) defeats Nathan Chambers (1-1) by submission in 4:11 of rd 1

Main Card

LW –Bosco Curbeam (4-0-1) defeats Marcus Speed (3-4-1) by TKO in 3:28 of rd 1
Speed does well early keeping Curbeam on the end of his punches, but misses a round house right badly allowing Curbeam to score the takedown. Once grounded, Speed is no match for Curbeam’s brutal ground and pound.

HW – Jutaro Honma (6-0) defeats Renato (7-4) by submission in 3:50 of rd 1
Renato came out recklessly from his corner, trying for a quick takedown, which Honma reversed to take control. Though Renato defended well from the ground he could get nothing going offensively. In the second round the trend continued as Renato survived only on pure strength. Honma took Renato’s back as Renato looked to sweep and was able to flatten him out and sink a rear naked choke for the shockingly easy win.

MW – Danny Akabaro (5-0-1) defeats Marlon John (3-1) by TKO in 0:52 of rd 3
John shocks Akabaro taking him to the mat and unleashing a vicious ground and pound attack that opens up a cut under Akabaro’s eye and has him scrambling to survive. John continues to control the action in the 2nd manhandling Akabaro, who finally resorts to striking at the end of the round. Round 3 begins with Akabaro looking like a finished fighter, but he manages to catch John with a desperation punch, knocking him back into the cage where he jumps in and pounds away until the referee stops the fight in a dramatic come from behind win!

Main Event – Heavyweight elimination fight
HW – Sylvester Collins (10-0) defeats Wilson Franklyn (5-2) by submission in 3:07 of rd 1
Collins cemented his spot as the top contender and secured a title match with Kapur, walking through the strikes of the power punching Franklyn and taking him down with ease. Franklyn fought gallantly from the ground, but is very much out of his element there. Collins worked deliberately and soon attained mount, where he was able to lock in an Armbar leaving Franklyn no choice but to tap.

Attendance: 674 – Gate $13,480 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: This was a helluva card in all aspects. Attendance up almost 150 from our last show. A solid main event and the Akabaro fight was absolutely insane! John absolutely beat the piss out of Akabaro that first round, cutting him and having him on the verge of being stopped twice. It was a definite 10-7 round and left me and everyone in attendance in complete shock. The only way Akabaro could win was by stoppage and despite being battered and exhausted was able to pull a hail mary out of tin air...As good as it gets and a definite rematch will take place between these two!

On a down note, what the hell has happened to Renato. He looked like a juggernaught in his early UKC days but has now lost 4 of his last 5 and is in grave danger of slipping into a journeyman role. In will give him an easier fight next time out, then match him up with another top fighter and he will have to sink or swim. Though we will still lose money this month, this card has given me a lot of hope, especially with what I have lined up for the next two shows.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #72
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I have to admit, reading this dynasty makes me want to get this game badly. However, I'm super into MMA in real life. I watch fights sometimes, but have no idea how the organizations work.

Is it easy enough to pick up and learn easily?
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 AM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I have to admit, reading this dynasty makes me want to get this game badly. However, I'm super into MMA in real life. I watch fights sometimes, but have no idea how the organizations work.

Is it easy enough to pick up and learn easily?

I'll throw in my two cents worth, having bought the game a week or so ago.
If you've played any of Ryland's games in the past, like TEW, then it's very easy to pick up IMO. If you haven't, there's a bit of a learning curve but a lot of that is just getting used to the very clicky nature of his organization. Be prepared to click a LOT as you make your way around looking at the info you need on individual rosters, no buttons to advance through the roster, not as much info (or any) without a click on certain screens, contract terms aren't sticky so when you're starting out you end up resetting the merchandise share from the default 20's down to single digits every single time, etc, etc.

From the in-game standpoint it's not too hard once you get your head around some of the terminology (name value vs reputation vs performance) for fighters. And something specific that hasn't happened to me in the career I'm posting here but has come close a couple of times already: be careful when booking matches, make sure you're adding a match to the card you think you're adding it to.

My two cents, everybody else's mileage will vary.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

I would echo Jon's sentiments. While not as much clicking as TEW, there is still a fair amount, but as soon as you get comfortable with the interface you can navigate quickly and you tend to not even think twice about it.

The game downloads with a 16 page guide that is an easy read and can get you going quickly. For your first run through maybe try a bigger promotion like GAMMA or Alpha-1 since you can make financial mistakes with them and not go under quickly.

Then for a challenge take on a smaller company or creat your own with weak finances and low popularity. It can be very challenging balancing finances, the amount of shows you have and developing fighters you can afford, that will also grow your fan base.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #75
BYU 14
Coordinator

Another solid card which will lead into what should be our biggest show ever in October. Machado is a world class Jiu Jitsu practitioner and will be a dangerous test for the new LW Champions first defense. The fight for the vacant MW Title is also an interesting matchup of the cagey veteran against the young lion. These matchups have been traditionally tough for the younger fighters, and it will be interesting to see if Mac Fuller has more than just guile to handle the "The Tap Out Artist."

This show is a crossroads show and if we can increase attendance again we should start to come close to breaking even very soon.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #76
BYU 14
Coordinator

PFP 10 – Inferno

Preliminaries

LW – Beau LuPone (2-1-1) defeats Chuck Brown (1-1-1) by TKO in 7:00 of rd 2

MW – Huntger Scribbins (4-2) defeats Priti Manek (2-6) by submission in 6:14 of rd 1

Main Card

HW – Brian Barnes (13-12) defeats Mallory Bertrand (4-2-1) by UD in 3 rds
It looked to be a short night for Barnes as Bertrand immediately took him down and proceeded to work him over as Barnes fought off no fewer than 7 submission attempts. From here on is was all Barnes as he frustrated Bertrand and did just enough to eek out a close decision.

PFP Middleweight Championship
MW – Billy Russell (7-1) defeats Mac Fuller (29-11) by submission in 4:13 of rd 1
With the vacant PFP Middleweight Title on the line, Mac Fuller makes his PFP debut and is handled rather easily by the much younger Russell. Fuller’s strength is his striking game, which Russell nullified effectively by parking himself on Fullers chest, setting up a trip takedown. Once in his comfort zone Russell baited Fuller into giving up his back, then finished the fight with a reverse Armbar to become PFP MW Champion!!

Main Event – PFP Lightweight Championship
LW –Luiz Machado (27-9-2) defeats Evan Pizzarro (4-1-1) by submission in 8:14 of rd 2
In the first round was never even close as Pizzarro peppered Machado with wicked leg kicks and accurate punches to carry the canto in huge fashion, stuffing every takedown attempt Machado made. The 2nd round started the same way as Pizzarro’s kicks made Machado wince every time they landed. Pizzarro made his first and only mistake of the fight however, missing a wild right and getting taken down. He nearly escaped, but gave up his back trying to regain his feet, allowing Machado to sink in the hooks and flatten him out for the Choke, giving the Tarantula the PFP LW Title!
Rating: Excellent

Attendance: 716 – Gate $14,320 – Show Rating: Excellent

Thoughts: Almost identical to last months Akabaro / John scrap, Pizzarro worked Machado over badly in the 1st round as the youngster was not intimidated in the least by his world class challenger. Machado is dangerous at all times however and he showed this clearly tonight. We really have some momentum built up as we get another nice spike in attendance and surpass last months gate.

Our next card will be in October and I enter the ring before the Pizzarro/Machado fight to announce the the main event of that show, titled "Locked and Loaded"

Me: "Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for your continued support. You lot kick ass and in appreciation I have a little gift for you in the main event of Octobers Show Locked and Loaded......Rumor has it....That Rav Kapur will be defending the HW Championship. I guess you are probably curious who the opponent will be....."

A nice little pop lets me know the audience is primed......

Me: "Well I have three words for you Dallas.......THE........BIG.......SHOW!!!!"

From the reaction that follows, the crowd approves of my announcement. Rav Kapur vs Sylvester Collins for the PFP HW Title!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #77
BYU 14
Coordinator

3rd Quarter Summary - 2001

PFP Rankings October 1st, 2001 (© = Champion)
Code:
Heavyweight Middleweight Lightweight 1- Rav Kapur 13-1 © Danny Akabaro 5-0-1 Luiz Machado 27-9-2 © 2- Sylvester Collins 10-0 Billy Russell 7-1 © Mikey Wallace 10-4 3- Abdul Nsiken 2-0 Mac Fuller 29-11 Mills Mullally 16-8 4- Jutaro Honma 6-0 Greg Atteveld 37-18 Bosco Curbeam 4-0-1 5- Murilo Satinho 6-1 Nick Detroit 5-1 Evan Pizzarro 4-1-1 6- Nate MacCreary 5-0 Owen Hyde 5-4 Zachary Gilbert 13-10 7- Eien Kawano 7-2 Marlon John 3-1 Lloyd McAllister 14-8 8- Renato 7-4 Mateo Jane 5-6 Wyatt Asher 6-7 9- Wilson Franklyn 5-2 Holden Strant 2-6 Chad Zoff 2-0 10- Damien Jones 5-2-1 Hunter Scribbins 4-2 Erico Gill 16-12

Finances
3rd Quarter Results: July (- 8,144) August (- 6,624) September (36) (Overall balance: - 22,317)
We clear our first profit as a company!!! Count ‘em up mates, 36 dollars in the black and our biggest card ever coming up next month. I call Lance Decker full of glee and he quickly puts it in perspective. “Well I’ll be goll darned son!!! That’s just peachy by Gawd!!! That’s damn near as much as my Nephew made at his lemonade stand a couple of days yonder. Hell, we can take that profit and put sugar in our lemonade now son!!”
I suddenly feel two things…..Really stupid and the overwhelming desire to kick Decker straight in the balls!

Signings
3rd Quarter
MW – Owen Hyde 25 (5-4) Associate – 1200 – 4 matches
MW – Mateo Jane 29 (5-6) Associate – 1200 – 4 matches
LW – Wyatt Asher 29 (6-7) Associate – 1200 – 4 matches
LW – Lloyd McAllister (14-8) Associate – 1200 – 5 matches
MW – Samuel Russo 31 (16-17) Associate – 1000 – 6 matches
LW – Mikey Wallace 27 (10-4) Associate – 1200 – 6 matches (Basically I just pay him a signing bonus to say hi as he has already signed an exclusive with SIGMA and has just 14 days left with us)
HW – Abdul Nsikan 27 (2-0) Associate – 1200 – 4 matches (A huge man, slightly crazy, cast off when BCF went under. I think nobody else is after him because “The Mad Man of Sudan” is a bit unstable.)
LW – Mills Mullally 32 (16-8) Associate – 1200 – 6 matches (What the hell!! Another rental, as he has just signed with SIGMA and will be gone in 26 days. Part of the gamble I take with Associate deals, but they save me 400 – 600 a fight for guys at his level)

Not really a stellar group and the best of them won’t even fight for us. Thank god my signing bonuses were only 200 apiece to Wallace and Mullally. Nsikan is the most intriguing as our HW division is stacked and for as fearsome as he appears, he is still an unknown commodity.

Extensions
None

Sayonara
MW – Vagner 32 (16-8-1) signs an exclusive deal with KOTR (They are getting on my nerves)
MW – Templeton Crumb 30 (10-5) signs an exclusive deal with Alpha-1. (Can’t blame him, a big jump up)
LW – Houston George 25 (5-0) signs an exclusive deal with Alpha-1 (Should have locked him up)
HW – Guy Broom 28 (3-1) signs an exclusive deal with KOTR (Bastards)
MW – Conor Houghton 29 (2-7) signs an exclusive deal with IFL (A jobber so no big loss)

KOTR is starting to think we are their farm team and it is pissing me off. Too bad there are no inter-promotional matches as I would love to have Collins, Satinho and Kapur crush some of their big boys. Of this group George hurts the worst as he us young and full of promise, plus our LW division is not checked with star power.

Injuries
None – Our Roster is as healthy as it has ever been

July through September notable fights

SIGMA – Go Yamamoto beat Giovani Silva by TKO in 9:49 of rd 1

GAMMA 73 – Anthony LeToussier beat Kendall Tracey by TKO in 1:52 of rd 3 to retain the GAMMA LHW Title (A surprisingly small card with only 5 fights – Still made 1.8 Million!)

Alpha-1 – Tadamasa Yamada beat Lawrence Herringbone by submission in 0:36 of rd 3 to retain the Alpha-1 LHW Title

SIGMA – Hyun-Shik Lim beat Aleksei Chekhov by KO in 2:03 of rd 2 to win the SIGMA LHW Title (Shik gets the revenge victory and reclaims his title)

IFL – Daniel Hornsby beat Folee Caffatere by TKO in 3:49 of rd 2 to retain the IFL LHW Title (Good to see one of our alums get a Title shot, cause Caffatere would have never gotten one with us)

GAMMA 71 – Sean Morrison beat Lubos Plasil by SD in in 5 rds to retain the GAMMA LW Title (Plasil is for real as he gives the LW champ all he can handle in a controversial decision loss)

Alpha-1 – Sukarno beat Truck Gleeson by KO in 3:36 of rd 1 to retain the Alpha-1 LW Title

SIGMA – Lefter Oktay beat Terron Cabal by submission in 5:47 of rd 1 to retain the SIGMA HW Title (Fezzik’s Protιgι is making a run at the elite level joining his mentor and Foster.)

GAMMA TV – JJ Reid beat Neil Napier by submission in 4:11 of rd 5 to retain the GAMMA MW Title (A great match and a nice treat on free TV)

Alpha-1 – Aleksander Ivanov beat Hassan Fezzik by UD in 6 rds to win the Alpha-1 HW Title! (You read it right, Fezzik is upset by the upstart Russian and it is an added surprise that he did it by decision. The fight itself was not at best average and the whispers have already started that Hassan may be slipping. Regardless, this one will be talked about for quite some time)

Breaking Ground

Board the Windows
BCF finally packs it in for good and the UK now has no home grown promotions.

Major Promotion Rankings (Last quarters ranking in parenthesis)
1 (1) - GAMMA
2 (2) - Alpha-1
3 (3) - Kadena De Mano
4 (4) – SIGMA
5 (5) - XCC
6 (6) - WEFF (Women’s)
7 (7) - Mountain States Xtreme
8 (8) - Kings of the Ring
9 (10) – Pit Fighter Pro
10 (11) - IFL

Things don’t change at all, with only BCF’s demise causing any movement.

1 (1): HW – James Foster 39-4-1 (GAMMA)
2 (UR): HW – Aleksander Ivanov 11-0 (Alpha-1)
3 (4): WW – Kafu Bunya 16-0 (GAMMA)
4 (6): LHW – Tadamasa Yamada 27-1 (Alpha-1)
5 (7): WW – Julio Regueiro 19-0-1 (GAMMA)
6 (UR): LW – Sean Morrison 30-3 (GAMMA)
7 (2): LW – Lubos Plasil 12-1 (GAMMA)
8 (3): HW – Hassan Fezzik 31-1 (Alpha-1)
9 (8): HW – Lefter Oktay 20-0 (SIGMA)
10 (9): FW – Li-Kong Ho 24-0 (Independent)

Dropped out: Neil Napier and Matthew Dean

A big shakeup this month after Ivanov’s shocking upset of Fezzik that will have the MMA world a buzz for months to come.

Retirements
Jack Cobblepot – 39 yrs old (38-16-3) PFP – The old Warhorse has had enough after being stopped by MacCreary at PFP 6.
Robun Yamazaki – 36 yrs old (38-18) SIGMA – Young in years, but old in number of fights, 6 losses over his last 7 fights was enough to see the writing on the wall.
Atsushu Nakajima – 40 yrs old (34-17) Alpha-1 – Still capable to the end, it was simply time to move on.

Legal Blotter
None.

Media
GAMMA expands coverage of their GAMMA TV show, striking a deal with Continental Sports X1. They also add Jade 237 and United Kingdom Choice to their vast PPV network. At least fans in England will have MMA
Alpha-1 signs a PPV deal with Emperor Choice.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #78
BYU 14
Coordinator

The biggest card in our brief history with what may be our most anticipated matchup between two powerhouses who are a combined 23-1. The early money favors Kapur slightly, but it would be foolish to count Collins out. Should be a very brutal war of attrition. Of equal importance is the Co-main that will put the winner right back in line for a title shot and knock the loser down to mid card status.

A lot on the line for all four men at the top of the card and with the exception of Collins, who is a perpetual self hype machine, those involved are all taking a low key approach.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #79
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well I went Bankrupt again and I think at this point, now that I am comfortable with the game, I am going to take my financial lessons and start over as UKC. I just can't see going in the editing the promotion again to give myself more money.

I like the challenge and would rather start from scratch and be more disciplined than "cheat" to keep going. Another factor is I get really immersed in this game and it sucks building fighters, then going under and trying to scrap it all together again, so better to start over before I get too much further along and just play smarter next time.

I will do a new backstory and get this going again tomorrow.