Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #901
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Because do you want a better country, which will only happen is there is less of a schism, or do you want petty revenge?
I agree that we need to desire a end to the schism, but I will say it will never end unless Republicans denounce the violence and the lies, especially of the last couple of months. Continued equivocation on the legality of the election is a rotting cancer to the core of our democracy. Anything less is making it acceptable to attack the foundations of our nation.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:20 AM   #902
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
I don't think having impeachment #2 is the "only chance of it happening longer term".

I don't either, I think it's counterproductive right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB
do you want a better country, which will only happen is there is less of a schism, or do you want petty revenge?

I'm in the middle on this. I don't want petty revenge, but I do think justice is important. If there are no consequences, then escalation continues and is emboldened.

I also think the better country is sometimes only possible after having resolved conflicts, and ignoring them doesn't fix the schism.

Right now I think the practical reason is simply that the Senate is divided so very little is getting done that doesn't involve compromise. But other than that I see no special onus on the Democrats to do so. They should push through whatever they can that fits with their agenda.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #903
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Because do you want a better country, which will only happen is there is less of a schism, or do you want petty revenge?

Not that simple. The Dems are always reaching across the aisle, and when they have power all we hear from the GOP is we need to come together and compromise. When the GOP has power they never compromise and strong arm their way to get what they want. Why should the dems assume the GOP won't continue to act the same way when they get power back?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #904
Flasch186
Coordinator

Sounds like they may wait to send the articles to the Senate which would be smart so that the emotion dies down and it can be a meticulous rebuke to those who partook in the insurrection. Those that were simply idiots (stealing the podium) can get less punitive measures (yet still some) while those running around with weapons and zip ties can get the heavy hand of justice smacking them on their candy ass. While Trump can be repudiated and the GOP can split off from the TOP.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #905
kingfc22
Head Coach

Our world moves too fast for that to work. By then the GOP will have forgot about the transgressions and moved on to complaining about the deficit and trying to block legislation on gun control, climate change, etc.

Once again the Dems would just be letting the GOP off the hook.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-10-2021 at 10:00 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #906
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is where I am - I think you have to hold Trump to account at the very least

And at this point, that's impeachment. Can't be a slap on the wrist. It just emboldens the Trumpist faction and they'll try it again.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #907
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Will it be better for the country to not hold the President accountable for impeachable actions if that is what we determine them to be? Will there be less of a schism if this does not happen?

The answers to those questions for me is no. The best way to start the bi-partisanship is for both parties saying we are not condoning this behavior from anyone occupying the Office of the President no matter what party they belong to. Anybody who chooses to behave in this manner will be held accountable in the strongest way possible.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #908
BYU 14
Coordinator

funny how the Arizona GOP rants consistently about snowflakes, cancel culture and 1st amendment, but they act like a bunch of spurned teenagers if one of their own dares speak/act against them.

Arizona's Maricopa County GOP censures ex-Sen. Jeff Flake, plans vote to also censure Cindy McCain
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #909
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
funny how the Arizona GOP rants consistently about snowflakes, cancel culture and 1st amendment, but they act like a bunch of spurned teenagers if one of their own dares speak/act against them.

Arizona's Maricopa County GOP censures ex-Sen. Jeff Flake, plans vote to also censure Cindy McCain

This sounds like a really dumb idea after you're just just lost 2 Senate seats and the state went blue for President...
Old 01-10-2021, 10:31 AM   #910
Thomkal
Head Coach

If the Republican really want unity with the Democrats, ALL (R and D) members should swear on the Bible and make sure its televised:

1) The election was 100% legal and certified. Donald Trump lost the election to Joe Biden. No more Stop the Steal talk.

2) Stop all lawsuits trying to overturn the election

3) ALL members will not use "stop the steal" or calling the other side traitors in all campaign tweets/emails/fund-raising etc. No matter how right they feel they are about it. That includes both the DNC and RNC too.

4) All members will agree that COVID-19 is real and a continued threat, and will then wear masks, follow all directions from the Biden COVID-19 team, and actively encourage all their constituents to do so.

5) Any responsible now or later as investigations continue for incited for sedition/voted against Biden's certification must apologize on camera for their actions and promise not to do so ever again under threat of expulsion. They will be censured if they do this, removed from any committee leadership roles. Members will cooperate completely with any investigations and not lie or deceive or face lying to congress charges and expulsion. Members who won't agree will be removed from Congress. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley should resign for their roles. All must stop all talk of Q conspiracies and agree that Q beliefs are a threat to our democracy or be expelled.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #911
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

And yet they say impeachment will further divide the country.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #912
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
This sounds like a really dumb idea after you're just just lost 2 Senate seats and the state went blue for President...

When you elect Kelly ward as your "leader" intelligence is not one of your best attributes.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:14 AM   #913
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Sounds like they may wait to send the articles to the Senate

That's kind of brilliant.

Impeach him. Then hold the articles. Let Biden and the Congress jump right into slow and stop the spread of the virus, rebuild the economy, etc.

Then, when Trump does something really stupid (which will happen) and/or some really damning shit comes out (which will happen), send it to the Senate immediately.

Force them to vote at that point.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:21 AM   #914
Atocep
Coordinator

Dems just spent 4 years watching McConnell and the GOP destroy norms and taunt Dems with their majority. So now their party is eating itself from within and they want Dems to send them a lifeline and Dems should do so trusting the GOP to do the right thing?

They don't want impeachment squashed because it's the wrong thing to do. They want it squashed because it drives the fork further into their party. Is there anything anyone has seen from this GOP leadership that would give you reason to trust any promises they make?

As for stimulus in a theoretical exchange? Not enough. Throw in anti-corruption and voting rights and we can get to the table. Otherwise let's get every GOP congressman on record for whether they support what happened on 6 January or not.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #915
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Will it be better for the country to not hold the President accountable for impeachable actions if that is what we determine them to be? Will there be less of a schism if this does not happen?

The answers to those questions for me is no. The best way to start the bi-partisanship is for both parties saying we are not condoning this behavior from anyone occupying the Office of the President no matter what party they belong to. Anybody who chooses to behave in this manner will be held accountable in the strongest way possible.

Just quoting this one rather than all 4/5 of the other posts - I said just beforehand (and part quoted by ISiddiqui) that Trump definitely needs to brought to account, probably Don Jr, Guiliani and Cruz, and possibly Hawley.

That doesn’t mean the Dems can’t also begin to try and reduce the divide.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #916
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Just quoting this one rather than all 4/5 of the other posts - I said just beforehand (and part quoted by ISiddiqui) that Trump definitely needs to brought to account, probably Don Jr, Guiliani and Cruz, and possibly Hawley.

That doesn’t mean the Dems can’t also begin to try and reduce the divide.

Agreed, but the argument the GOP is putting out there is that you can't bring the country together if you hold Trump accountable.

The answer to that argument a simple, no.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:56 PM   #917
JPhillips
General Manager

I don't think Trump should be let off the hook under any circumstances, it just sets too dangerous of a precedent.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:58 PM   #918
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That's kind of brilliant.

Impeach him. Then hold the articles. Let Biden and the Congress jump right into slow and stop the spread of the virus, rebuild the economy, etc.

Then, when Trump does something really stupid (which will happen) and/or some really damning shit comes out (which will happen), send it to the Senate immediately.

Force them to vote at that point.

If it doesn't happen this week it will never happen. There's zero chance Dems will push an impeachment trial in late-February.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #919
cuervo72
Head Coach

Because not following through with reconstruction really brought the country together!
Old 01-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #920
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
If the Republican really want unity with the Democrats, ALL (R and D) members should swear on the Bible and make sure its televised:

1) The election was 100% legal and certified. Donald Trump lost the election to Joe Biden. No more Stop the Steal talk.

2) Stop all lawsuits trying to overturn the election

3) ALL members will not use "stop the steal" or calling the other side traitors in all campaign tweets/emails/fund-raising etc. No matter how right they feel they are about it. That includes both the DNC and RNC too.

4) All members will agree that COVID-19 is real and a continued threat, and will then wear masks, follow all directions from the Biden COVID-19 team, and actively encourage all their constituents to do so.

5) Any responsible now or later as investigations continue for incited for sedition/voted against Biden's certification must apologize on camera for their actions and promise not to do so ever again under threat of expulsion. They will be censured if they do this, removed from any committee leadership roles. Members will cooperate completely with any investigations and not lie or deceive or face lying to congress charges and expulsion. Members who won't agree will be removed from Congress. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley should resign for their roles. All must stop all talk of Q conspiracies and agree that Q beliefs are a threat to our democracy or be expelled.

A couple things I wanted to add:

1) Add Brooks (Trump Rally and other comments) and Gohmert (architect of the very late lawsuit and appeal to the Supreme Court) with Cruz and Hawley.

2) A ban on all social media for Biden's 100 first days for all members and RNC/DNC. . If you want to talk about things happening, have a press conference, go on the Sunday talk shows or put out a statement. All members must talk to and answer questions from the press, and stop referring to them as the eneny of the people. Biden and the White House press go back to pre-Trump handling of social media-no attacks on members of Congress, and only use it for things like religious observances, condolescences to those who have died, national ermergencies like weather, announcements of the president schedule and state visits, etc. You know the normal things a White House press staff are suppose to use social media for.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #921
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think there's any putting the genie back in the bottle on 2), though I do agree on using more appropriate language vis a vis the press. Rest of the list is a good idea.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:44 PM   #922
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

These numbers are something. I finally got a good explanation on the number discrepancy for Perdus/Loeffler from Monica Kaufman-Pearson. For those who don't know, she was an Atlanta news anchor from the number one television station in Georgia. She was the first black anchor in the deep south, and worked for over three decades. She said it was that Perdue had strong support from farmers. both black and white, because he actually worked pretty hard for them. Add to that, the Perdue name is pretty strong in South Georgia, and his cousin was a pretty popular Governor. It also didn't help Kelly that she was unlikable.
Her opinion is that if Perdue hadn't ran from debating Ossoff, and he has ran a positive campaign on what he had accomplished instead of the constant (and at times racist) attack ads, he would have won. She is probably right.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-11-2021 at 12:45 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #923
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Her opinion is that if Perdue hadn't ran from debating Ossoff, and he has ran a positive campaign on what he had accomplished instead of the constant (and at times racist) attack ads, he would have won. She is probably right.

The terrifying pattern that keeps repeating behind the late collapse of Trumpism suggests that if Trump, or someone associated with Trump, had just put the slightest effort towards addressing something/anything directly, in regards to even just one of the hundreds of documented fuck-ups over the entirety of the last four years, this all likely would have gone entirely the opposite way.

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-11-2021 at 01:27 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #924
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
The terrifying pattern that keeps repeating behind the late collapse of Trumpism suggests that if Trump, or someone associated with Trump, had just put the slightest effort towards addressing something/anything directly, in regards to even just one of the hundreds of documented fuck-ups over the entirety of the last four years, this all would have gone entirely the opposite way.

If he had done literally nothing in response to COVID other than say "listen to the scientists," I think he gets reelected.

He only lost because he went out of his way to make things worse.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #925
miked
College Starter

And he ran like a pussy when Ossoff called him out on his secret stock sales that he had nothing to do with that took place right after a classified briefing.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #926
Edward64
Head Coach

I've not been monitoring TV news but have not read about Biden's Pandemic team holding daily press meetings to discuss what they will do tactically.

What I want to hear is understanding of problems, their root cause and then say similar to ... "we have a distribution/delivery/manpower problem(s). The vaccines are at the States but the "last mile" ain't working so this is what I plan to do X, Y, Z. And I ask the Military, CDC, FDA, Pharma etc. to be ready on Day 1".

The key here is have a tactical plan and let people know they have a tactical plan. The lack of specificity is a worrisome.

Just my 2 cents.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #927
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If he had done literally nothing in response to COVID other than say "listen to the scientists," I think he gets reelected.

He only lost because he went out of his way to make things worse.

I agree with this.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:48 PM   #928
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've not been monitoring TV news but have not read about Biden's Pandemic team holding daily press meetings to discuss what they will do tactically.

What I want to hear is understanding of problems, their root cause and then say similar to ... "we have a distribution/delivery/manpower problem(s). The vaccines are at the States but the "last mile" ain't working so this is what I plan to do X, Y, Z. And I ask the Military, CDC, FDA, Pharma etc. to be ready on Day 1".

The key here is have a tactical plan and let people know they have a tactical plan. The lack of specificity is a worrisome.

Just my 2 cents.

That's tough to do when you're not actually the President yet. We know that the admin isn't being cooperative regarding the transition, so he may be better off waiting to get all the info first before offering detailed solutions.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:54 PM   #929
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That's tough to do when you're not actually the President yet. We know that the admin isn't being cooperative regarding the transition, so he may be better off waiting to get all the info first before offering detailed solutions.

Sure Biden has limitations but nothing stopping him from speaking with Newsome and discussing what need to be done on Day 1. Nothing to stop him from speaking to Moderna/Pfizer etc to understand what they can or cannot commit to etc

And then share it with us in a semi weekly press conference
Old 01-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #930
JPhillips
General Manager

This was announced on Friday.

Quote:
In a sharp break with the Trump administration, President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. intends to release nearly all available doses of the coronavirus vaccine soon after he is inaugurated, rather than hold back millions of vials to guarantee second doses will be available.

The decision is part of an aggressive effort to “to ensure the Americans who need it most get it as soon as possible,” the Biden transition team said on Friday. The vaccination plan, to be formally unveiled next week, also will include federally run vaccination sites in places like high school gyms and sports stadiums, and mobile units to reach high-risk populations.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:12 PM   #931
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
We are working with a company that is negotiating to provide vaccines in Vermont. Part of their contract with the state is that no one is more than a 30 minute drive from a vaccine site.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #932
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm now eligible for a vaccine in NY, but there isn't any available.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:27 PM   #933
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
This was announced on Friday.

Thanks. I knew about first paragraph but did not catch the second one.

Looking forward to reading the details.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #934
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure Biden has limitations but nothing stopping him from speaking with Newsome and discussing what need to be done on Day 1. Nothing to stop him from speaking to Moderna/Pfizer etc to understand what they can or cannot commit to etc

And then share it with us in a semi weekly press conference

exactly...
there's really nothing the trump morons could have or even WOULD have told them. They probably don't understand anything they are told. I mean if they wanted to talk to fauci, just go talk to him.

Honestly I don't know why people don't just ignore trump and friends and do the job to save lives. Everyone knows they are full of shit.

but yeah...maybe they HAVE been takling to these people and the news is just going that extra step telling us that trump is refusing to let bidfen talk to anyone
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:11 PM   #935
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
We are working with a company that is negotiating to provide vaccines in Vermont. Part of their contract with the state is that no one is more than a 30 minute drive from a vaccine site.

how fast can i drive?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #936
miami_fan
Coordinator

You mean there is a better way to do this than Eventbrite?

Florida counties use Eventbrite to schedule vaccine appointments | Healthcare IT News
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:12 PM   #937
Edward64
Head Coach

So what exactly is wrong with Kamala's cover pic on Vogue? Is it because she is wearing Converse and/or that was not the picture she wanted on the cover?

I think the pics look great and don't understand the controversy.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #938
tarcone
Coordinator

They are saying they white washed her

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 06:34 PM   #939
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
They are saying they white washed her

Ah that would be bad.

A couple articles I read alluded to too casual, disrespectful, bad pic looking forced etc. White wash was not the centerpiece of the controversy from what I've read.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-11-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #940
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Apparently they told her that they were going to use the suit picture (and that is the digital cover). So then using the casual cover is poor form. I wonder if they told her the casuals were just test shots and then they went ahead and used it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-11-2021 at 06:49 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:35 PM   #941
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Apparently they told her that they were going to use the suit picture (and that is the digital cover). So then using the casual cover is poor form. I wonder if they told her the casuals were just test shots and then they went ahead and used it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm so excited to get back to controversies like this...
Old 01-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #942
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I haven't read many things about the inauguration, but doesn't it make sense to do it from a private, secure location?

I get the optics wouldn't be great, but better than the POTUS getting assassinated.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:02 PM   #943
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

Fox fear-mongering on a new migrant caravan coming to get us.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #944
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
lol

Fox fear-mongering on a new migrant caravan coming to get us.

Maybe they can welcome Trump to the border when he pays a visit there this week.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:51 AM   #945
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW I certainly don't expect smooth sailing from Day 1, there will be inevitable issues, confusion to work out. But there should be plan and then verifiable progress communicated every week vs the information wasteland we have now.

I do believe the States should be the "last mile" but it's obvious many States have failed in distribution so let's have the Federal Government get it done.

Biden dresses down his Covid team over plans to speed vaccinations - POLITICO
Quote:
President-elect Joe Biden has grown frustrated with the team in charge of plotting his coronavirus response, amid rising concerns that his administration will fall short of its promise of 100 million vaccinations in the first 100 days, according to people familiar with the conversations.

Biden has expressed criticism on multiple occasions to groups of transition officials — including one confrontation where Biden conveyed to Covid coordinator Jeff Zients and his deputy, Natalie Quillian, that their team was underperforming.
:
Biden's aggravation is rooted in the rush to build the foundation for an extended inoculation effort, a complex undertaking that includes untangling all manner of bureaucratic obstacles — from staffing issues to technology problems and insurance coverage dilemmas — that the transition had expected to already be well underway, 11 people close to the transition told POLITICO.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:50 AM   #946
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I doubt very much that the federal government has the authority to just take over and do that, just like they can't enforce various other measures on a nationwide basis. Promises like this one sound good and are understandable, but it's not up to just Biden to make it happen. The President is not a King.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:56 AM   #947
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
FWIW I certainly don't expect smooth sailing from Day 1, there will be inevitable issues, confusion to work out. But there should be plan and then verifiable progress communicated every week vs the information wasteland we have now.

I do believe the States should be the "last mile" but it's obvious many States have failed in distribution so let's have the Federal Government get it done.

I say just give the Vaccine to Walgreens and CVS. They'll have it distributed in no time.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #948
JPhillips
General Manager

The federal government can absolutely fund, staff, and administer vaccine sites.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #949
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I doubt very much that the federal government has the authority to just take over and do that, just like they can't enforce various other measures on a nationwide basis. Promises like this one sound good and are understandable, but it's not up to just Biden to make it happen. The President is not a King.

Why? The asshole in office now is for all purposes or at least he is operating like so.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #950
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

If Trump could send hospital ships to NYC, I have to believe Biden can mobilize MASH (? field hospitals or whatever they call them now) units to hot spots. Get every trained medic not deployed to key spots and start giving out shots.

This is under the assumption what I've read is accurate. 20+M vials have been deployed to the States, they have only inoculated approx 6+M. So it's not a supply issue (at least not right now) but a distribution, "last mile" issue.