Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Stupid Roster Tricks (NBA2K15)

So I bit the bullet and upgraded to the latest PC version of 2K15 because I like playing it and can usually get lots of mileage out of it with roster updates and the like.

Plus since no teams are moving this year or changing names, I figure that this version can last me a few years like the version I had before with 2K12 which I played for almost 3 years before buying 2K14 last year for stupid cheap and then doing what I did now, mostly because I was tired of doing the NSLC update for free.

So here's how this will go. I just have been doing this thing lately where I just like moving guys onto teams together and seeing how it goes. Then rinse, wash and repeat. I figure I'll report back with my crazy concoctions and let you know how those teams did, all the while playing with a different roster -- I tend to eschew the superteams myself.

I will try to capture video using Steam Broadcast and share highlights as they're worthwhile.

Feel free to post ideas too. I won't always do them, but it'll give my brother a break from always sending me crazy ideas for superteams and the like.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I spent way too much time the other night looking at realignment scenarios. I did one that Mark Cuban suggested that took a few Central teams and swapped them with some Texas teams, but...this one here is a bit more drastic.

It's basically turning basketball into football and basketball with separate leagues that aren't geographic, but rather American/National. I liked it and I liked how it came out the few times I simmed.

Here's what he did and I mirrored in my recent league.

Quote:
National Basketball Conference
East
Toronto
Washington
New York
Atlanta
Orlando

Central
OKC
Memphis
Chicago
Milwaukee
Minnesota

West
LA Lakers
Portland
Golden St
Denver
Phoenix

American Basketball Conference
East
Boston
Brooklyn
Philly
Charlotte
Miami

Central
Houston
New Orleans
Cleveland
Indiana
Detroit

West
LA Clippers
Sacramento
San Antonio
Utah
Dallas

In that league, the Cavs beat the Raptors, but I made a ton of trades to that roster that I can't even recall. I'm playing now with a current NBA roster, but made a few moves that I'll outline later and plan to run with this same alignment except replacing the (modified) Clippers with the Seattle Sonics.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Actually before I play with that setup, because of the deals I made on this current roster I left everything status quo re: realignment. I did make some moves to a few teams and I'm listing those teams below so you can see. Other teams weren't touched otherwise.

Should be interesting to see how all of this plays out. I'm just messing around tho.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm sure it's just a divisional coincidence, but shout out to the game fake schedule makers for scheduling the first Sonics home game against the OKC Thunder.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:23 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I expected the Lakers to be better?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Another save with a current roster.

Here are my changes:

- Allen Iverson from the NBA Finals year with the Sixers playing on this year's Clippers.

- Carmelo Anthony signs with the Bulls rather than going back to the Knicks.

- Jeremy Lin on the Knicks.

- Kevin Love went to Warriors for Klay Thompson and Wiggins stayed with the Cavs.

I've told myself to stop tinkering and start playing. So that's what we're gonna do.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-04-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Realignment this time was modest. Just swapped the Warriors with the 76ers and Timberwolves swapped places with the Pistons.

That should give both conferences an even number of "playoff" like teams and balance it out some.

Gonna just sim through the regular season into the post-season because I just want to do the playoffs anyway. I think the game is set to a 58 game season this time, too.

PLAYOFF TEAMS
-------
EAST:
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers
Pelicans
Trailblazers
Rockets
Grizzlies
Jazz

EAST
-----
Hawks
Warriors
Bulls
Heat
Cavs
Raptors
Magic
Bucks
Old 06-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's how that went:

I can't even...
Old 06-04-2015, 09:34 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Gonna do that again but this time we're going to do it with a straight 82 game season, because what a fluke.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Going to try a different realignment, last time, we were close to having it make sense but...the east was still pretty bad compared to the west and I'd like it to make a bit more sense.

This time I modified a Mark Cuban plan and moved Spurs, Mavs, Grizzlies & Timberwolves to the East and sent Chicago, Pistons, Pacers & Bucks to the West.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's how that went.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So 3 of the 4 western "swap" teams made the playoffs in the East, but only 2 of the eastern "swap" teams made the post-season over in the West. But the best part is, no one in the west with a winning record missed the post-season while 38-44 Atlanta and 36-46 Charlotte did sneak in over in the East but that's just the nature of the game and still less offensive than say...the Hawks claiming a top 3 seed over here.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Melo, Rose and the Bulls were too much for Kevin Love and Steph in the WCF, while LeBron & Kyrie swept the aging Spurs to get to the Final.

So much for Western superiority?

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-04-2015 at 09:52 PM.