Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #51
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
Yes it is but still get run 9 Error around Rookie Draft or Draft Lottery and also I notice no Trades happen at Draft and no Top Players Available and so on Draft Screen and because I have a couple of Leagues active would like to combined Drafts

What setup are you using? You have multiple leagues so send me any league files you are using that aren't included with the game and one of your saves and I'll try to duplicate the issue so I can fix it.

HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #52
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Great work! Takes me back to the feeling I had when I was a little kid playing the first FBB. Very happy to be playing this!
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #53
Groundhog
Coordinator

Anyone looking to use the foreign leagues I setup, the best results IMO are to have them come active around 1980, set the prestige to the lowest setting for each, and have no more than 3-4 active. Set the salary cap to around 70k for 1980 with inflation enabled, which will bring it up to a couple of million by the current year.

I usually run with Spain, France, Italy, and Turkey, which leads to more NBA players from those nations.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #54
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Does the demo version act the same? That will most likely tell us if it something with Elicense or the game itself. Also make sure you are running as admin and if that doesn't work then try this:

1. Right-click on "My Computer"
2. Select "Properties"
3. Click on the "Advanced" Tab.
4. Click on the Performance "Settings" Button
5. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" Tab
6. Verify that "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" is selected. If it is not, select that option and click "APPLY" and then try and run the game.

Note: Even if you see that option checked already, go ahead and uncheck and then recheck it to ensure that its activated!

7. If the problem persists, go back and select the other option "turn on DEP for all windows programs and services EXCEPT those I select" and ADD the following files:

"runservice.exe" Will be found in C:\Windows
"FPBP3.exe" Normally found in C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3

9. Click APPLY then Reboot and then relaunch the game.

Ok,

To answer some questions:
- Demo works fine, never had any issues
- FBCB works fine, although when I tried step 7 FBCB stopped working.

I checked the DEP tab and it was on, I tried step 9 and it didn't fix the problem. Also I double checked and it is set for run as admin.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #55
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Do a full uninstall of the pro game. Make sure none of its folders are left. I remember someone recently had the same issue with FBCB and the full reinstall took care of it. Also make sure you run as admin when running the install file as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #56
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Do a full uninstall of the pro game. Make sure none of its folders are left. I remember someone recently had the same issue with FBCB and the full reinstall took care of it. Also make sure you run as admin when running the install file as well.

Holy smokes, got it going. I think it was the installation of a new update for Parallels that finally did it. Or cursing, one or the other. Thanks as always for your quick support. You are really top flight when it comes to that.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #57
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Congratulations, Brian!
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #58
korme
Go Reds

After the ABA ceases to exist, it's impossible to bring up any of it's history.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #59
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
And mental note...have Korme try out the full beta next time as he is especially talented at finding things I have broken.

lol deal.

Thoughts on coach generation, since most coaches seem to be former players, is there a way to have that happen in a future build?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #60
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

FYI, stay away from the "Offer Desired" button on the player contract negotiations screen.

Quote:
After the ABA ceases to exist, it's impossible to bring up any of it's history.

It must not be adding the league to the league drop down. I'll get it sorted out.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #61
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
lol deal.

Thoughts on coach generation, since most coaches seem to be former players, is there a way to have that happen in a future build?

Yes. Its been on my list but I haven't gotten to it yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #62
korme
Go Reds

When editing the historical DB, in this case adding a new player, adding a number to the DOB year column produces a -14 when tabbing or moving on to the next data entry.

Adding a season's worth of stats also seems to be broken in that regard.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #63
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

$7.49 tickets to see the Celtics in 1976? Son of a...

General question to those who start without nicknames, how do you know which NY team is which when you start in 1976? Both say New York at job option screen.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #64
korme
Go Reds

Groundhog, get in touch with me so I can get you those nickname files.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #65
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the release HR, you're the hardest working guy in the business these days and I'm glad to buy this game from you.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #66
korme
Go Reds

Boxscores don't seem to be showing up when I double click on my team's games (Started 1946, current 1980 if that helps, don't know if it's like this from the start or not)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #67
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Is this on any screen or a specific one?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Thanks for the release HR, you're the hardest working guy in the business these days and I'm glad to buy this game from you.

+1

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-10-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #69
Groundhog
Coordinator

Another boxscore related issue I forgot to mention earlier - when viewing all-star game results from the archive screen, if you view the all-star game box of another league it always shows the NBA league. 'NBA' may be a coincidence - either way, only one league's all-star game box shows up for all leagues.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #70
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Downloading now!

Can't wait to see how people decide to play the game in regards to financials and how many people do fictional versus historical.

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 04-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #71
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Another boxscore related issue I forgot to mention earlier - when viewing all-star game results from the archive screen, if you view the all-star game box of another league it always shows the NBA league. 'NBA' may be a coincidence - either way, only one league's all-star game box shows up for all leagues.

I looked for that one for a while but never figured it out. Now it all makes sense.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Fictional all the way here.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #73
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

In the 1979 historical draft Billy Ray Bates is listed twice.

Once as Billyray Bates and once as Billy Ray Bates
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #74
korme
Go Reds

The problem with selecting fictional database for the ABA is that it generates way too many good players for the merger. By the 80s, there are tons of green/blue guys who are completely fictional, making for some strange careers for some more relatively great players (Bob McAdoo started one season his whole career).

Also might need to have the cpu let starters play more than 1 position on the depth chart. Currently the starting C only plays C, and so on. More realistically we'll have C/PF, PF/C, PF/SF, SF/PF, SF/SG, SG/SF, SG/PG, PG/SG
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #75
Groundhog
Coordinator

If you're going fictional I definitely recommend you import FBCB draft classes. It's so cool looking back over player achievements dating back to their recruit rankings out of High School up until they retire from the NBA.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #76
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Is this on any screen or a specific one?

From at least the Hot Seat and Team Schedule screen
Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #77
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
If you're going fictional I definitely recommend you import FBCB draft classes. It's so cool looking back over player achievements dating back to their recruit rankings out of High School up until they retire from the NBA.

This is literally the only reason I was excited for this game. FBCB is one of my favorites, but I'd always get bored after a while because I couldn't follow their careers. Having the pro game connected will make it so much better.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #78
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Congrats on the release! I'm giving the demo a try but I'm almost certain I'll pick up the full game in the next few weeks.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #79
Comey
College Starter

Congratulations HR! Looking forward to getting into this when I have the money.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #80
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Lost in the finals, this game sucks... lol
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #81
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
This is literally the only reason I was excited for this game. FBCB is one of my favorites, but I'd always get bored after a while because I couldn't follow their careers. Having the pro game connected will make it so much better.
I am salivating over this level of immersion. It is the main reason I own NBA2K8 and CH2K8 because you can basically do a lot of the same although it is harder to keep track of the players after a while. This game makes it very easy to do apparently.

I haven't got it yet but I am going to when I get a couple of days off to dig into it. Likely next week...
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #82
britrock88
Pro Starter

Just took the plunge. Excited!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #83
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
The problem with selecting fictional database for the ABA is that it generates way too many good players for the merger. By the 80s, there are tons of green/blue guys who are completely fictional, making for some strange careers for some more relatively great players (Bob McAdoo started one season his whole career).

Right. I think part of the problem here is we've already sucked all the good players into a smaller pool of teams. So adding in even more creates an overflow. I just need to go in and work out which abbreviations correspond to which leagues in which seasons and then I'll be able to enable the drop downs to select which league you are pulling from as well as making the league selector function in the database screen.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #84
scoman
n00b

Paul Arizons ratings seem to be off, he doesn't get drafted.

Having a blast with the game ,great job HR.
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #85
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
From at least the Hot Seat and Team Schedule screen

I'm running a test league to get to that point just to see if it is somehow historical league related. I don't see anything obvious in the code so it wouldn't hurt to make a backup of your save in case I need to take a look.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #86
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
I am salivating over this level of immersion. It is the main reason I own NBA2K8 and CH2K8 because you can basically do a lot of the same although it is harder to keep track of the players after a while. This game makes it very easy to do apparently.

From the Archive screen, one of the drop-down selections for a league is to list all players which (I believe) will list every player who has logged time in that league? With the old FBB I used to generate HTML at the end of every season and archive it so I could look up retired players, so this is a huge feature for me, especially if you like to quick-sim history for your leagues.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #87
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Finally won the title. You remember that Celtics team with Cartwright, McHale, King, W Davis, and Moncrief in 1984.

Scoring might be a little high in the game as we have scored over 145 twenty three times in 9 years.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #88
korme
Go Reds

AI might be overvaluing 2nd round picks in the current season. At the draft, I was able to swing a current 2nd rounder for a next season 1st rounder nearly every time, to the point where I built up about 15 1st rounders in one season.

Seriously, look at this roster I assembled in 3 seasons simply by trading 2nd rounders for 1st rounders... the last draft I literally traded the Knicks 7 1st rounders for one of their 2nd rounders just because I had way too many.

Code:
Houston Rockets General Player # Pos Age Ht Wt Exp Status College ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hakeem Olajuwon 53 C 21 7-0 265 0 OK Houston Magic Johnson 34 PG 25 6-9 224 5 OK Michigan State Dale Ellis 3 SG 24 6-7 219 1 OK Tennessee Michael Jordan 17 SG 21 6-6 199 0 OK North Carolina John Stockton 15 PG 22 6-1 176 0 OK Gonzaga Derek Harper 20 PG 23 6-4 205 1 OK Illinois Ralph Sampson 42 C 24 7-4 252 1 OK Virginia Clyde Drexler 26 SG 22 6-7 225 1 OK Houston Isiah Thomas 11 PG 23 6-1 190 3 OK Indiana Charles Barkley 32 PF 21 6-6 254 0 OK Auburn Alvin Robertson 35 PG 22 6-4 192 0 OK Arkansas Russell Cross 41 PF 23 6-10 234 1 OK Purdue Willie White 14 PG 22 6-3 195 0 OK Tennessee-Chattanooga Devin Durrant 28 SG 24 6-7 205 0 OK Brigham Young Guy Williams 33 SG 24 6-9 215 0 OK Washington State

It's my test sim... lay off

Last edited by korme : 04-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #89
korme
Go Reds

Finance screen is also drawing a completely blank screen, even blanking out the sidebar links.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #90
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Still having trouble duplicating any issues with getting the box scores to come up on either the Hot Seat or Team Schedule screens. Anyone else having an issue with this?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #91
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Finance screen is also drawing a completely blank screen, even blanking out the sidebar links.

Actually that information probably solves the box issue as well. The chart component didn't load properly. Try searching your computer for RMChart.ocx then run it with regsvr32. In my case I put this in the run bar:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RMChart.ocx

Alternatively you could reinstall and make sure you run the install as admin but make sure you back up any changes made to the Historical Leagues and Historical DB.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #92
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
AI might be overvaluing 2nd round picks in the current season. At the draft, I was able to swing a current 2nd rounder for a next season 1st rounder nearly every time, to the point where I built up about 15 1st rounders in one season.

I tweaked the pick values in future years. This should be much more unlikely now.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #93
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Finally won the title. You remember that Celtics team with Cartwright, McHale, King, W Davis, and Moncrief in 1984.

Scoring might be a little high in the game as we have scored over 145 twenty three times in 9 years.

What sort of pace were you running? I might need to tone down the highest paces a bit more.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #94
yeah826
High School JV

Wasnt 1984 one of those fast pace years where everyone scored. Also I think when generating the players rebounding ratings in the 60's their rebounds may be a little low since players dont really reach the normal averages of that era.

Last edited by yeah826 : 04-10-2013 at 11:22 PM.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #95
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman View Post
Paul Arizons ratings seem to be off, he doesn't get drafted.

I moved him to SF in the DB which does help. I'll also look at some tweaks for some of the early ratings. I'm wondering if the code that deals with not having steal, block, and turnover stats is causing an issue there as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #96
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Wasnt 1984 one of those fast pace years where everyone scored

Nuggets led the league at 120 ppg that year with a league average of 110.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #97
yeah826
High School JV

Manute Bol is age 0 in all the seasons he is in.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #98
britrock88
Pro Starter

Attendance figures are perfectly static in '46--I'm getting 1332 fans at every home game. Seems to be the same at road venues, too.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #99
britrock88
Pro Starter

Also, had no trades in '46, though I don't know if that's a function of the entire league being crappy.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #100
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Manute Bol is age 0 in all the seasons he is in.

Looks like he got hit by the bug that was setting birth year to -14. Fixed for the next posted build.