Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #951
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think Tyrith's very vocal reluctance to go after BK does not speak well for Barkeep. It could be nothing but distraction and commentary, but I'm certainly not going to trust BK over others given that.

I'll have to go back and look at that -- don't recall that at all.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #952
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, considering your response about Schmidty's decision (perhaps right, but certainly not correct to not give him credit), I decided to go with the running logic that your judgment today seems more off than usual.

I usually have pretty good judgement IMO, did I not contribute in large part to a win for us in Dannys game? I may be volatile but I'm not stupid.

That's right, thats what I thought.- said in a long, sarcastic drawl
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #953
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
shrug

I just don't like how you give completely false information this morning about me then vote yourself King.

look at your early posts, before your tune changed. that's all i was saying. you came out hot n heavy suggesting this idea of BK-king (even laying out a path to clearing him). Not saying BK wouldn't be a good king mind you.

It wasn't till your last 2 posts that your mind changed. And I don't recall the timing on those, but I'm guessing they were once it emerged that there was little support for BK-as-King.

And now you're pushing the whole idea of Schmidty being revealed as good saying a ton about whether BK is good or bad. (#919-921)

IDK...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #954
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Doh -- I was just kidding when I said I explained everything in the letter. And the letter itself was another joke. I'll come out with more info in a little bit.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #955
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I know , right, there's a fucking verb named after me for fuck's sake.

but for real, on day 2 with zero voting history, seer scans, etc... I NEVER make a move like that on my own.

Oh I was just commenting on the sandy vagina question =) Its fun getting you wound up for a change instead of the other way around
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #956
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Dubb: question...

Lord Righteous and the White Knight had PM rights, correct? Am I interpreting the PM rights portion under the "Order of Righteousness" part of the rules correctly?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #957
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Doh -- I was just kidding when I said I explained everything in the letter. And the letter itself was another joke. I'll come out with more info in a little bit.

haha - the letter was awesome

*stops trying to analyze it for hidden meanings*

are you waiting to confer with your wolf-brethren before coming out with more info?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #958
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'd like to revisit the moving of powers from the Dark One to one of the followers. It appears that didn't happen...yet if it even will. As we only got one letter from Diffama and not two that we would normally get with the Dark One.

It seems this does bode well for the villagers.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #959
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
but for real, on day 2 with zero voting history, seer scans, etc... I NEVER make a move like that on my own.

Eh. I'll stand by what I said, I've beat my head against the wall multiple times trying to pull information out of you in games before.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #960
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
haha - the letter was awesome

*stops trying to analyze it for hidden meanings*

are you waiting to confer with your wolf-brethren before coming out with more info?

Yeah, I purposely chose people not even in the game, so that no one would think I had anything in mind other than the Prairie Home Companion rip-off.

And...good one.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #961
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'd like to revisit the moving of powers from the Dark One to one of the followers. It appears that didn't happen...yet if it even will. As we only got one letter from Diffama and not two that we would normally get with the Dark One.

Maybe, or it might mean that the new Dark One just didn't submit an article.

Dunno yet.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #962
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
look at your early posts, before your tune changed. that's all i was saying. you came out hot n heavy suggesting this idea of BK-king (even laying out a path to clearing him). Not saying BK wouldn't be a good king mind you.

It wasn't till your last 2 posts that your mind changed. And I don't recall the timing on those, but I'm guessing they were once it emerged that there was little support for BK-as-King.

And now you're pushing the whole idea of Schmidty being revealed as good saying a ton about whether BK is good or bad. (#919-921)

IDK...

Your right, I guess the part about me saying there is no way I was voting BK king really confused people.

Also, justify your statements about me saying Schmidty is good saya a ton about BK, I think a ton is a little strong. And considering right now we have someone who is voting for a guy who escaped prison and someone who is voting for themselves and I haven't even voted I'm not getting your issue.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #963
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Maybe, or it might mean that the new Dark One just didn't submit an article.

Dunno yet.

correct, but as of now I think we can safely assume that the latest article we did get (and I belive the 1st as well) were from the good one.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #964
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

could just be a fake out on their part (going "underground") or they weren't around to get an article in.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #965
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Eh. I'll stand by what I said, I've beat my head against the wall multiple times trying to pull information out of you in games before.

well, yeah, that I can agree with.

But I'm not going to make a move that mathmatically makes no sense without discussing it.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #966
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your right, I guess the part about me saying there is no way I was voting BK king really confused people.

Also, justify your statements about me saying Schmidty is good saya a ton about BK, I think a ton is a little strong. And considering right now we have someone who is voting for a guy who escaped prison and someone who is voting for themselves and I haven't even voted I'm not getting your issue.

maybe a ton was laying it on a bit strong.

I just think there's been a lot of focus on BK. Not saying that makes you good or bad or anything, just saying. Tyrith was trying to keep the convo away from BK (or so some have theorized, right?) and you were trying to keep it there somewhat it seemed. Just...interesting is all.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #967
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I read your logic before, but, IMO, this is quite the leap, given we don't even know how he got out, and he himself has stated he'll have something to say about it later on.

I am more in line with Lathum and others here. We need to know a lot more about Pass before we vote him king.

Right now, I'm pretty against voting either BK or Pass king at this point.

I certainly want to hear more, and have plenty of time to change my vote. I think it seems pretty clear from Tyrith's posts though that he was very happy to have Pass jailed or lynched, so as far as I can see he's the closest to someone cleared we have. Certainly seems better to me than randomly picking someone.

I think ti's likely someone with an unlisted role aided Pass in getting out and he's waiting hoping that they will reveal themselves. I kind of doubt that the wolves have *another* ability to release someone from prison since they already have that power, ti would seem a bit lopsided.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #968
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I won't put a vote in for myself at this point, but I'm willing to be King - understanding that it could be a very short shelf-life for me. Anything I can do to help out the village.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #969
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
All votes must be in bold. Unvotes are allowed but must also be in bold. If a player does not specify jail or lynch their vote will not be counted. You may not self vote.

bolded is mine from the rules

FYI
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #970
Passacaglia
Coordinator

All right. Here's what I know:

1. clap/Abe let me out of prison.
2. I was the one who "told" clap to hit up the thread since he was getting votes. Another of his abilities is that he can talk to prisoners.
3. I was waiting to see how Abe played this first -- I saw him in the thread late last night, but haven't seen him this morning, so I figured enough is enough.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, so feel free to ask any questions.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #971
RendeR
Coordinator

I remit the following:

Anyone who would actively seek public office has absolutely NO place being allowed to gain it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #972
saldana
Pro Starter

unless Pass comes up with a very good explanation, he will be getting my vote for lynch tonight.

as far as king goes, i dont really feel good about anyone at this point.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #973
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am thinking the best option for King is Arbitro.

Our BG is gone, and the White Knight is only a sorta half BG. He might be able to do some protecting, but not completely. So it seems likely we'll be electing a new King every other day or so. Right now, I would like the King to be someone fairly clear, to give us another day or two to get more scans in (by King or by seer) and perhaps build more of a COT. Arbitro, whose only purpose was to kill the Dark One, no has no real purpose except for a COT.

If someone comes out now as Arbitro, there is plenty of time for the real Arbitro (if the first isn't) to come out at this point, early in the day. then we can make Arbitro our new King with some confidence he is cleared (and if two come out, we'll likely get a wolf one way or another).

What does everyone think of that?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #974
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
unless Pass comes up with a very good explanation, he will be getting my vote for lynch tonight.

I thought it was pretty good. You think it's a coincidence that my escape from prison happened in the exact same post that Abe took over for clap?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #975
Autumn
Head Coach

unvote passacaglia for king

That explanation certainly hasn't made me feel better about Pass at this point.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it but with those two tied together I'm no longer interested in electing Pass.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #976
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Our BG is gone, and the White Knight is only a sorta half BG. He might be able to do some protecting, but not completely. So it seems likely we'll be electing a new King every other day or so. Right now, I would like the King to be someone fairly clear, to give us another day or two to get more scans in (by King or by seer) and perhaps build more of a COT. Arbitro, whose only purpose was to kill the Dark One, no has no real purpose except for a COT.

If someone comes out now as Arbitro, there is plenty of time for the real Arbitro (if the first isn't) to come out at this point, early in the day. then we can make Arbitro our new King with some confidence he is cleared (and if two come out, we'll likely get a wolf one way or another).

That seems pretty good thinking. Unles the Dark One is still among us somehow, as theorized, in which case it helps the bad guys out.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #977
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

lol - like the explanation he posted while you were typing that?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #978
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

That seems like a pretty good plan to me. I was thinking of doing this if votes got on me at some point, but while I'm dropping bombs, I might as well say now that I'm Arbitro. I told clap that I was him, and dubb let me forward that conversation to Abe, so he should know, too.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #979
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All right. Here's what I know:

1. clap/Abe let me out of prison.
2. I was the one who "told" clap to hit up the thread since he was getting votes. Another of his abilities is that he can talk to prisoners.
3. I was waiting to see how Abe played this first -- I saw him in the thread late last night, but haven't seen him this morning, so I figured enough is enough.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, so feel free to ask any questions.

Hmm, this actually fits a bit with my "feel" on clap's posts. I can see this being true. I don't know whether to accept this at face value, but we know an unlisted power allowed Pass to be set free. It could just as likely be a villager role that did it as a wolf role.

Should be noted, clap left the game about the same time Pass was released. In fact, I think dubb announced it in the same post.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #980
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think it's fucking bonkers. What if the Dark One escaped into another body - we'd still want Arbitro alive in case of that.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #981
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*le sigh*
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #982
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I like the Arbitro idea.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #983
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think it's fucking bonkers. What if the Dark One escaped into another body - we'd still want Arbitro alive in case of that.

I think that's pretty paranoid -- seems an unlikely scenario.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #984
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I will also steer clear of games with hidden mechanics from now on. It devolves the play into guessing games of "who can do what? Is this role still in play? How do we know?"
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #985
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That seems like a pretty good plan to me. I was thinking of doing this if votes got on me at some point, but while I'm dropping bombs, I might as well say now that I'm Arbitro. I told clap that I was him, and dubb let me forward that conversation to Abe, so he should know, too.

Well, that's interesting.

I have to go pick up my kid at school. I'll be interested in seeing what's happened when I get back.

I must say, if this is an invention, it's a pretty good one. This sounds like a kind of unlisted role I could imagine dubb having in the game, and as i said before I find it unlikely the wolves would have a second power to release people from jail. Having PM rights with prisoners would make sense. I wish Abe had joined and played right after the swtich so we'd know something more.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #986
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
how is it to our advantage, there is a chance that the king never scans anyone succesfully.... there is a chance we jail the seer, where im prety sure they cannot scan.

I may be wrong, but I think we should just play this as a regular WW game

vote RendeR

So here's another thing. After clap made this post, I asked him where he saw that, about the seer not being able to scan while in jail. He told me it was in the rules, but when I pressed him about it more, he backed off and said that he might have been wrong. I'm not thrilled with looking at Abe based on someone else, but it came off to me like someone else told clap that part of the rules.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #987
Passacaglia
Coordinator

On the other hand, I also told clap that he should claim to be Arbitro if he ended up with a lot of votes, and he didn't do it. So maybe that speaks to his innocence, that he didn't want to lie.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #988
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think I would have liked Pass to wait a while before revealing his role. One so we could discuss CR's plan and two to see if a wolf would have come forward and claimed it.

Unless Pass is a wolf that is.

Now that the cat's out of the bag barring a counter reveal I think Pass probably is a decent choice for King, but I'll hold off a while on voting.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #989
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
On the other hand, I also told clap that he should claim to be Arbitro if he ended up with a lot of votes, and he didn't do it. So maybe that speaks to his innocence, that he didn't want to lie.

why did he pick day 1 to use his ability to release you?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #990
saldana
Pro Starter

so all we need now is abe to confirm what pass is saying and we have the beginnings of a circle....i say that because i dont think 2 wolves would expose themselves to cover one another this early with the Dark One already dead.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #991
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
why did he pick day 1 to use his ability to release you?

He did it Day 2, and I'm not convinced it is one-time only.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #992
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
so all we need now is abe to confirm what pass is saying and we have the beginnings of a circle....i say that because i dont think 2 wolves would expose themselves to cover one another this early with the Dark One already dead.

Abe should be able to verify everything I've said, but I don't have any read on whether he's good or not.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #993
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And vice versa. Well, I told him I was Arbitro, but he might not believe me.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #994
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I would have liked Pass to wait a while before revealing his role. One so we could discuss CR's plan and two to see if a wolf would have come forward and claimed it.

Unless Pass is a wolf that is.

Now that the cat's out of the bag barring a counter reveal I think Pass probably is a decent choice for King, but I'll hold off a while on voting.

I would have liked to wait a while, too -- but I'd already been feeling too secretive from last night and this morning, and in a complicated game like this, I felt I needed to make with the info. I thought about a wolf revealing, and would have loved it, but I figured the chances were slim -- why would they take that risk, knowing the real Arbitro is out there (especially since no one is in prison who could have been Arbitro)?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #995
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:

Nothing says that the transfer of the Dark One's powers has to be instantaneous...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #996
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Nothing says that the transfer of the Dark One's powers has to be instantaneous...

that would be a very powerful game mechanic that really would put the villagers at a disadvantage...unless the role Schmidty had does the same. I don't think that is the case at all in either spot. Plus why go through the motions of putting in a rule in the game the if there is only 1 follower then he can make kills on consecutive nights.

I think this isn't happening at all in this game.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #997
Autumn
Head Coach

I would suggest anyone who has a counterclaim to Pass's role make that counterreveal very early today. We have a chance at forming a COT or rooting out a wolf right here and someone "revealing" at the last moment would be bad form, I think.

If no one is coming out soon I will be moving back to voting Pass as King I think. It would bump Abe up to a trusted list to my mind also, though it's remotely possible he's still bad.

STill, if both are good I have to think about Tyrith's behavior to make any sense of it.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #998
Schmidty
Coordinator

Don't forget me Villagers...!!!....

Win this one for Ghost King Schmidty....

Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #999
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Prison-

The players in prison also lose all powers to them granted by their private role while they are in prison except The Dark One who is both cunning and brutal while in prison.

FWIW, this information was in the rules.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #1000
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well I'm caught up. Sucks to lose Danny, but it seems Pass is emerging as a viable King candidate. If no one counters his Arbitro claim that's probably where I'll go with my king vote.

I still don't know what to make of clap/Abe, though it seems like Pass probably trusts him.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote