Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #1101
Telle
College Starter

As of post #1096:

4 - Abe lynch - Autumn (905), path (1042), MartinD (1045), USFLTechmo (1074)
2 - Autum lynch - SnDvls (1050), Lathum (1077)
6 - Abe jail - RendeR (1056), Chief Rum (1060), Passacaglia (1062), The Jackal (1063), Lerriuqs (1065), KWhit (1095)
1 - DaddyTorgo jail - Autumn (1087)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #1102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
But did Pass being in jail really tell us he was Arbito?

He told clap he was, then clap released him, and that forced him to rr, so I'd say yeah, it did.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #1103
Autumn
Head Coach

Abe, FWIW, if you had made a few comments last night or this morning to clear up your role before you read through the whole thread you'd probably be in a better spot.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #1104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
How do we know that Abe won't be able to let himself back out of jail? Other than him claiming he can't? We could end up wasting two days jailing him then lynching him.

Most players in jail don;t have roles. That's the rules.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #1105
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Exactly. I continue to argue that Pass's jailing had NOTHING to do with having a trusted King. I continue to argue we should be lynching.

I don't follow what you're saying here.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #1106
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
As of post #1096:

4 - Abe lynch - Autumn (905), path (1042), MartinD (1045), USFLTechmo (1074)
2 - Autum lynch - SnDvls (1050), Lathum (1077)
6 - Abe jail - RendeR (1056), Chief Rum (1060), Passacaglia (1062), The Jackal (1063), Lerriuqs (1065), KWhit (1095)
1 - DaddyTorgo jail - Autumn (1087)

That should have me off Abe now, I hope.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #1107
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
That should have me off Abe now, I hope.

Oh yeah.. good catch. Thanks.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #1108
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I don't follow what you're saying here.
I think jailing people is a losing strategy. I think we should lynch.

People have stated that by jailing pass we've gotten him as a mostly cleared villager. I argue that jailing pass did not lead to him being a mostly cleared villager. Instead Pass successfully role claiming did.

I therefore continue to think we should lynch.

Lynch Abe
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would like ot point out something in self defens.e The main reason most of you lighted on claphamsa is becuase he said the statement that he was told to come by. That has been explained. What else is left? claphamsa being a little off? That's normal. There are no other smoking guns or unusual things.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #1110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe, FWIW, if you had made a few comments last night or this morning to clear up your role before you read through the whole thread you'd probably be in a better spot.

Then that's really unfortunate of you. I took over a role because it was asked of me. I had a really tough work schedule that night and a busy day the next day. That's not my fault.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #1111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

People have stated that by jailing pass we've gotten him as a mostly cleared villager. I argue that jailing pass did not lead to him being a mostly cleared villager. Instead Pass successfully role claiming did.

Lynch Abe

Okay, but why me. You still haven;t told why me. Okay, I get it, clap was a bit erratic, but the only real thing you had against him was a statement that has been cleared by another. Why me now? I'd argue there are a lot more reasons to trust me than a random UTR player right now.

Would a wolf have made a play to release someone who claimed to be Arbitro while the Dark One was still alive? Seriously? I doubt it. Sure, you can spin it that way, but it's a lot less chance than the chance that Random McRandom is a baddie.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #1112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Daddy Torgo jail

Self defense purely.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #1113
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Then that's really unfortunate of you. I took over a role because it was asked of me. I had a really tough work schedule that night and a busy day the next day. That's not my fault.

I'm not the one voting for you, Abe. I'm just pointing out that almost 24 hours of silence on the issue has let the suspicion continue.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #1114
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Lynch Abe

Uh, okay...

At this point we mostly believe that he's a villager. So for sake of argument, let's roll with that for a second.

My argument has is that no matter how we found out that he's a villager, the point is that he's a living villager right now because we jailed him. If we would have lynched him, we'd be down a villager and we wouldn't have a somewhat trusted player as King right now.

No matter how it came about, the jailing strategy worked in this case because it gave us a chance to re-do the bad vote we made against Pass.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #1115
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Okay, but why me. You still haven;t told why me. Okay, I get it, clap was a bit erratic, but the only real thing you had against him was a statement that has been cleared by another. Why me now? I'd argue there are a lot more reasons to trust me than a random UTR player right now.

Would a wolf have made a play to release someone who claimed to be Arbitro while the Dark One was still alive? Seriously? I doubt it. Sure, you can spin it that way, but it's a lot less chance than the chance that Random McRandom is a baddie.

I personally am voting for you because Tyrith was pretty strongly suggesting that we move our votes off of you (clap) last night.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #1116
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree with Abe. Taking out Clap's erratic play there's nothing to vote for Abe on but a conspiracy theory. And God knows conspiracy theories are often true in WW, but I think he's right that there's more positive evidence for him than for any of the rest of us.

But that's what I've been saying and it has swayed anyone. I think people are eager to clutch onto something to vote with.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #1117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if Barkeep's so eager to lynch, maybe we should be lynching him?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #1118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I personally am voting for you because Tyrith was pretty strongly suggesting that we move our votes off of you (clap) last night.

Which wolves regularly do to curry favor, by showing they are right by helping villagers. I've done it many times, support a doomed villager, then pull the Cassandra card out.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #1119
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with Abe. Taking out Clap's erratic play there's nothing to vote for Abe on but a conspiracy theory. And God knows conspiracy theories are often true in WW, but I think he's right that there's more positive evidence for him than for any of the rest of us.

But that's what I've been saying and it has swayed anyone. I think people are eager to clutch onto something to vote with.

Well, yeah. If you have to vote for someone, you want to find a reason to vote for someone.

But I'm interested in why you think there's positive evidence for him? What is the positive evidence?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #1120
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm interested in looking at other candidates. SD and Lathum, can you give me a run-down an Autumn?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #1121
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Which wolves regularly do to curry favor, by showing they are right by helping villagers. I've done it many times, support a doomed villager, then pull the Cassandra card out.

Yeah, but they also try to save one of their own if they think they can get away with it. Tyrith had no suspicion on him, so he didn't have to immediately worry about being outed and dragging clap down with him. It was a surprise to us all that Tyrith was duked.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #1122
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
if Barkeep's so eager to lynch, maybe we should be lynching him?
A. You won't get a wolf
B. I argue I was a pretty good likely scan early on because of my pro-Schmidty stance and as such. If so I'd come up villager. Until you just now no one has suggested lynching me (just jailing). Don't think that would be the case if I'd scanned wolf.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #1123
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, yeah. If you have to vote for someone, you want to find a reason to vote for someone.

But I'm interested in why you think there's positive evidence for him? What is the positive evidence?

Well he let a presumed villager out of jail, one who had the power to kill the Dark One. Perhaps, perhaps he did it for nefarious sly purposes, but the fact is he did something that greatly helped the village. That's more than the rest of us can say at this point.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #1124
Autumn
Head Coach

Or ID the DO I guess it was, sorry.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #1125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think sometimes we mistake emotional players for bad players. I think many of us have been guilty at one time or another for secretly calling an emotional WW player like claphamsa or Poli or Schmidity stupid secretly for doing or saying soemthing off. For taking something personally. Etc.

claphamsa is not bad player, he;'s not a stupid player, he's just sometimes off and emotional. That's all. He was confronted with a one time use role and a guy who claimed a really good role for the village, so he used it. Letting out a guy who claimed to have a powerful role for the village which would severely hurt your own team is not a smart wolf play. I don;t think claphamsa is a dumb player, I think he's an emotional one. We should nbot confuse the two.

The only good reason to let out a guy who suggested he had a powerful village role is because you are a villager. Otherwise you are rolling dice waaaay too much and that's probably a bad call. Just because clap can be a little touchy at times doesn;t mean he'd amke a bad call like that.

That is evidence that claphamsa was good, and since I'm thrust into the role, I've seen the info he had available to him. I can understand why he made the call he did.

Time to move on, time to find another candidate, because that IS good information about me.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #1126
Telle
College Starter

vote DaddyTorgo jail

I'm not that fond of Abe as a candidate right now.. and I still prefer jailing over lynching. I don't have anything on DT.. but he's the only one up for jailing that's not Abe.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #1127
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well he let a presumed villager out of jail, one who had the power to kill the Dark One. Perhaps, perhaps he did it for nefarious sly purposes, but the fact is he did something that greatly helped the village. That's more than the rest of us can say at this point.

I don't think letting a villager out of jail is a good thing for the village, actually, since it keeps us from getting a King-scan on him and just adds suspicion on the guy who was broken out. And it could have worked. Tyrith was pushing for Schmidty to duke the vote onto Pass last night and if clap WAS a wolf, it makes even more sense to break out a villager to try to cause confusion and get Pass lynched instead of throwing clap in jail.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #1128
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think letting a villager out of jail is a good thing for the village, actually, since it keeps us from getting a King-scan on him and just adds suspicion on the guy who was broken out. And it could have worked. Tyrith was pushing for Schmidty to duke the vote onto Pass last night and if clap WAS a wolf, it makes even more sense to break out a villager to try to cause confusion and get Pass lynched instead of throwing clap in jail.

I understand your point but you're riding it pretty hard. Are you really trying to say that having a roled villager who could ID the DO one in the game is not a good play for the village?

Yes, I get it, it could have been a wolf play, we've been sayign that all along, but you're seeming really obstinate about not being willing to reocgnize that at least at first level it's clearly a villager move.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #1129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would like to point out that I have more posts already than people who have been in the game since the very beginning

Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #1130
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I think sometimes we mistake emotional players for bad players. I think many of us have been guilty at one time or another for secretly calling an emotional WW player like claphamsa or Poli or Schmidity stupid secretly for doing or saying soemthing off. For taking something personally. Etc.

claphamsa is not bad player, he;'s not a stupid player, he's just sometimes off and emotional. That's all. He was confronted with a one time use role and a guy who claimed a really good role for the village, so he used it. Letting out a guy who claimed to have a powerful role for the village which would severely hurt your own team is not a smart wolf play. I don;t think claphamsa is a dumb player, I think he's an emotional one. We should nbot confuse the two.

The only good reason to let out a guy who suggested he had a powerful village role is because you are a villager. Otherwise you are rolling dice waaaay too much and that's probably a bad call. Just because clap can be a little touchy at times doesn;t mean he'd amke a bad call like that.

That is evidence that claphamsa was good, and since I'm thrust into the role, I've seen the info he had available to him. I can understand why he made the call he did.

Time to move on, time to find another candidate, because that IS good information about me.

Maybe so.

Maybe I'm thinking on second level when the right answer is the first level thinking. But that's why I'm for jailing you so we can see in a few days if we're right about you or not and if wrong, let you back into the game with open arms and kiss and hug and make up.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay for make ups! And make outs!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1132
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand your point but you're riding it pretty hard. Are you really trying to say that having a roled villager who could ID the DO one in the game is not a good play for the village?

Yes, I get it, it could have been a wolf play, we've been sayign that all along, but you're seeming really obstinate about not being willing to reocgnize that at least at first level it's clearly a villager move.

Nah, I'm not riding anything hard, I'm just stating why I am voting the way I am. And I'm sitting outside smoking a cigar and having a beer and have nothing else to do so I'm just yapping away about it.

And honestly, I have no other good candidates at this point.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #1133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to take a shower, and then maybe play some FOF2k1 so I'll be away for a bit. Just in case, here is the only person i found suspect when I read through all of the posts in a row just now.

RendeR. He wanted the see to hint at who he/she cleared, and that seemed wolfish to me, since a wolf will just as easily read hints like that as the village would.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #1134
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yay for make ups! And make outs!

Now wait a second, bub.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #1135
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm going to take a shower, and then maybe play some FOF2k1 so I'll be away for a bit. Just in case, here is the only person i found suspect when I read through all of the posts in a row just now.

RendeR. He wanted the see to hint at who he/she cleared, and that seemed wolfish to me, since a wolf will just as easily read hints like that as the village would.

Yep. I pointed the same thing out about him when I read that.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #1136
RendeR
Coordinator

POst whore.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #1137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm interested in looking at other candidates. SD and Lathum, can you give me a run-down an Autumn?

For me he has really been all over the place, he has thrown alot of names out there and I wanted to bring another candidate into the mix for a lynch, I am with BK, I think we need to lynch at this point.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #1138
RendeR
Coordinator

damn my slow typing

that was aimed at the "more posts that you" thing earlier.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #1139
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, other than that one streak where I was looking for a candidate and mentioned four different names, when was i all over the place?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #1140
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Here is the thing though, I don't buy the defense that Clap/ Abe as a wolf wouldn't less Pass out of jail. Once they discover his role they are free to let him out and now know the DO can't attack him, so really, they have nothing to lose by letting him out.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #1141
RendeR
Coordinator

Hey now, why the hell am I suddenly a target =)

I did suggest that perhaps there was a way to jail/scan/get info out. I honestly don't know how many of us could do that successfully. My one attempt failed miserably. I certainly do not suggest the seer come out or do anything even closely resembling blatant.

We're in a GREAT position right now. In fact I tihnk its far more important NOW with the shenanigans that went on, to keep jailing people and not killing them. We start lynching willy-nilly and suddenly we can no longer AFFORD to use the jail because our numbers will be wittled away.

Think about that...pushing for lynching is a HUGE benefit to the wolves because it almost eliminates our ability to use a very powerful mechanic to our advantage.

I just don't get the lynching position at this point. living villagers, even in jail are better than dead ones.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #1142
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
sure give me a sec to compile what pinged me earlier
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #1143
RendeR
Coordinator

whats our current vote count?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #1144
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Taking out Clap's erratic play there's nothing to vote for Abe on but a conspiracy theory.

That's just plainly not the truth. You are becoming more and more suspicious to me.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #1145
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
For me he has really been all over the place, he has thrown alot of names out there and I wanted to bring another candidate into the mix for a lynch, I am with BK, I think we need to lynch at this point.
Because of the difficulty in getting a lynch I will support the most viable lynch candidate. I am pro lynch and somewhat agnostic on who we do it to.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #1146
RendeR
Coordinator

Whats with the blood lust BK?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #1147
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
That's just plainly not the truth. You are becoming more and more suspicious to me.

Thanks for taking the quote out of context.

The "conspiracy theory" is that Clap/Abe let out a roled villager in order to gain trust. As I said, but you did not quote, conspiracy theories are often true in this game. But it is *at least as likely* that he did it to help the village.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #1148
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Hey now, why the hell am I suddenly a target =)

I did suggest that perhaps there was a way to jail/scan/get info out. I honestly don't know how many of us could do that successfully. My one attempt failed miserably. I certainly do not suggest the seer come out or do anything even closely resembling blatant.

We're in a GREAT position right now. In fact I tihnk its far more important NOW with the shenanigans that went on, to keep jailing people and not killing them. We start lynching willy-nilly and suddenly we can no longer AFFORD to use the jail because our numbers will be wittled away.

Think about that...pushing for lynching is a HUGE benefit to the wolves because it almost eliminates our ability to use a very powerful mechanic to our advantage.

I just don't get the lynching position at this point. living villagers, even in jail are better than dead ones.

I absolutely agree that with a trusted King right now we should be jailing over lynching, I'd just like to jail you instead of me, that's all I'm saying...

Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #1149
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Because of the difficulty in getting a lynch I will support the most viable lynch candidate. I am pro lynch and somewhat agnostic on who we do it to.

I'm willing to do this also.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #1150
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Whats with the blood lust BK?
It has to do with the fact that I think the math reflects poorly on jailing people.