Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #151
Radii
Head Coach

ok I officially don't want to hear another complaint about kuechley from a pats fan the rest of the year, you guys are even now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #152
Desnudo
Coordinator

My god
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #153
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm a Pats fan, and I can admit that was a gift call (refs have decided so many games both ways for the Pats this year)
Old 12-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #154
Desnudo
Coordinator

Refs were terrible in the game. All over the place.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #155
Thomkal
Head Coach

c'mon browns
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #156
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Pats are some lucky mo fuckers for sure. Even with the win they got to be not much of threat going into the playoffs though Brady is always dangerous. Though [i] am wondering if they evn beat Miami or Baltimore on the road.

Umm, they just beat the Broncos 2 weeks ago.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #157
Thomkal
Head Coach

almost...
Old 12-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #158
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Holy shit. I thought that FG was good 99% of the way there.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #159
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post

Yup and the Broncos boat raced the Ravens last year at the end of the season and we see what that mattered. That game was in NE too with Gronk so that is unlikely the case in either case.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #160
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll take my medicine and admit that the Lions totally deserved to lose. The reffing was horrific, but the Lions would have lost anyway. What a waste of talent they are.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #161
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
I'm used to it so it's not that bad.

on the bright side, we still have a shot at the top pick
Old 12-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #162
frnk55
High School Varsity

What the hell! Patriots win all the time with comebacks. God I'm so sick of that team.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #163
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yup and the Broncos boat raced the Ravens last year at the end of the season and we see what that mattered. That game was in NE too with Gronk so that is unlikely the case in either case.

Not debating on who is better. You were acting like because they didnt play well today that they didnt stand much of a chance in the playoffs. On any given week the best team can lose to the worst team in the NFL. Patriots could go out and beat the Browns 40-7 next week if they had a rematch.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #164
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

He's actually right. They could just as easily be .500 if a few breaks didn't go their way. I'm sure Bill Barnwell's head is exploding at all the close victories. Of course now they'll be in position for the #1 seed if Denver loses.

kool kwotes: "You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells
Old 12-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #165
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
He's actually right. They could just as easily be .500 if a few breaks didn't go their way. I'm sure Bill Barnwell's head is exploding at all the close victories. Of course now they'll be in position for the #1 seed if Denver loses.

kool kwotes: "You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells

Whats he right about? The Pats have no chance in the playoffs?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #166
RedKingGold
College Starter

The 49ers crowd is rocking, good to see those West Coast guys can make some noise.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #167
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sorry but wasn't trying to say that more that they are VERY beatable in the playoffs especially on the road.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #168
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like Gronk might have torn his ACL
Old 12-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #169
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Just that they've been lucky. Typically a team doesn't win a huge majority games decided by 7 points or less and they are 7-3 in those games. So maybe they're really more a 7-6 team that's gotten a few breaks. Or they could even be 6-7 or worse with a few more bad breaks.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #170
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry but wasn't trying to say that more that they are VERY beatable in the playoffs especially on the road.

ok. sorry.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #171
AlexB
Pro Starter

Well that's weird. In the SF/SEA game there was an illegal SEA bat forward on a blocked punt, but if SF had taken the penalty they would have had to have SEA repunt.

SF were forced to accept the spot 15 yards behind where the bat took place, so although it was illegal, it still altered field position by 15 yards in Seattle's favour. Surely the rule should be SF get possession at the spot of the bat at worst, or more likely SEA should be penalised from the spot of the bat? Otherwise there is no incentive not to bat the ball forward in that instance.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #172
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

With Gronk out I'd be surprised if the Pats win a single playoff game. Back in the first few games of the season when they had a defense, maybe, but not now.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #173
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Just that they've been lucky. Typically a team doesn't win a huge majority games decided by 7 points or less and they are 7-3 in those games. So maybe they're really more a 7-6 team that's gotten a few breaks. Or they could even be 6-7 or worse with a few more bad breaks.

Still waiting for some stats on this. Shouldn't good teams with great qbs and head coaches win most of their close games? How many close games should bad, good, very good, and elite teams win? Or is the measure just, "however many the patriots win is too much".

Ya, if the pats lost all of their close games their record would be worse. But to get to that point, they'd need to have repeated failures in the qb and coaching department. But instead, they've won thosr games. Which, I believe, counts.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #174
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I don't like that ruling in the niner Seahawks game. You illegally bat the ball forward and you get to keep the benefit of the yards gained from batting the ball.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #175
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
With Gronk out I'd be surprised if the Pats win a single playoff game. Back in the first few games of the season when they had a defense, maybe, but not now.

DT?

There's nobody that scary in the AFC. Is there a scenario where the pats would even be say, 10 point underdogs? What's the game they just have no shot at?
Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #176
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I'll take my medicine and admit that the Lions totally deserved to lose. The reffing was horrific, but the Lions would have lost anyway. What a waste of talent they are.

They gotta fire Schwartz soon. Please. I know the Fords are loyal to a fault but this team has no right to be this undisciplined and crappy.
Bobble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #177
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Still waiting for some stats on this. Shouldn't good teams with great qbs and head coaches win most of their close games? How many close games should bad, good, very good, and elite teams win? Or is the measure just, "however many the patriots win is too much".

Ya, if the pats lost all of their close games their record would be worse. But to get to that point, they'd need to have repeated failures in the qb and coaching department. But instead, they've won thosr games. Which, I believe, counts.

Bill Barnwell breaks down the 2012 numbers to get a feel for 2013 - Grantland
Old 12-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #178
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rams got screwed over on that fumble recovery. Instead of a return at least into Arizona territory they get it at their own 10 on a questionable call. QB was going to try to make a tackle, should be allowed to block him.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #179
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
DT?

There's nobody that scary in the AFC. Is there a scenario where the pats would even be say, 10 point underdogs? What's the game they just have no shot at?

I don't know how anyone following the Pats this season would disagree with me. They made it this far on the back of their defense and then the back of Gronk, pretty clear cut. Now they have neither. At this point in the season we know what we are going to get. We can shout Brady's name all we want as giving us a chance, but I'm not giving him the "he had crappy receivers" pass everyone else did. Gronk came back and single handily reversed this offense.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #180
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't like that ruling in the niner Seahawks game. You illegally bat the ball forward and you get to keep the benefit of the yards gained from batting the ball.

I agree, that ruling makes no sense.

Ball should've been dead at the spot of batted ball, plus tacked on penalty yards, full or half the distance.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #181
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
The refs in the Eagles-Lions game are absolute garbage. They are basically giving the game to the Eagles.

Damn those refs, apparently they told the Lions that they would be penalized if they tackled McCoy in the 4th quarter...
Old 12-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #182
molson
General Manager

So what are the odds a team with a +52 point differential would be .500? Seems like that would be pretty unlikely too. Maybe they're somewhere in between instead (which would be good enough to win the east in any event)

And without calculating the patriots' expected win loss record, shouldn't having brady and bellichick give you at least a slightly better shot in close games than the league average? Or should all teams be 500 in close games regardless of coaching and talent?

Last edited by molson : 12-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #183
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
So what are the odds a team with a +52 point differential would be .500? Seems like that would be pretty unlikely too. Maybe they're somewhere in between instead (which would be good enough to win the east in any event)

And without calculating the patriots' expected win loss record, shouldn't having brady and bellichick give you at least a slightly better shot in close games than the league average? Or should all teams be 500 in close games regardless of coaching and talent?

I don't know - those are stats you'll have to research if you're interested. If you read the article he does point out having a good QB doesn't necessarily make a difference year to year.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #184
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I don't know how anyone following the Pats the season would disagree with me. They made it this far on the back of their defense and then the back of Gronk, pretty clear cut. Now they have neither. At this point in the season we know what we are going to get. We can shout Brady's name all we want as giving us a chance, but I'm not giving him the "he had crappy receivers" pass everyone else did. Gronk came back and single handily reversed this offense.

I think they'd still be favorites against any AFC team at home except denver. Which doesn't guarantee anything, but christ, they at least have a chance against a 9-7 AFC team at home.

Last edited by molson : 12-08-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #185
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Didn't say they wouldn't have a chance, but I if I was betting money, I can't think of anyone I'd personally take them over.

Anyways, they have a few weeks to prove me wrong. I'll happily eat crow.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-08-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #186
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Also, this is not me being critical or disappointed in them. These games are close because these guys play their assess off and get every bit of talent they have on the scoreboard. With the loss of Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork and others, they just don't have the talent.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #187
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just realized if I hadn't missed my pick this week in the yahoo fantasy survivor I would have been one of about 300 left. Damn.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #188
molson
General Manager

I haven't absorbed a ton of the boston media this year, but it seems like they've been down on the team since week 1. If you didn't read the game outcomes you'd think they were 3-10. Its just kind of too bad that the injuries could finally catch up with them in the divisional round or conference championship game proving the negative rhetoric "correct", when in really been an exciting season with some great playing and coaching performances. And its just seen as this lost season where everything sucked. The non-fans will tell you the success is all luck, the fans gave up on the season when hernandez got arrested, its just a party reading about the team

Last edited by molson : 12-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #189
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I can honestly say this is the first I've been down on them all year. In the first few weeks I was actually very positive because their defense was killing it and I knew their offense would be back. I was thrilled.

Well defense lost half their starters and a couple all pros, offense came back like I expected(with Gronk), but with him re-injured I expect it to revert back to being marginally better than the first few weeks. So yes, I'm picturing basically the first quarter season without a defense and it's not pretty.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-08-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #190
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Matt Prater with the 64 yrd FG!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #191
Thomkal
Head Coach

Eli Manning is really going to hate San Diego after this game...
Old 12-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #192
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't know - those are stats you'll have to research if you're interested. If you read the article he does point out having a good QB doesn't necessarily make a difference year to year.

When ahead and found it. Through week 12 they had the win expectation of a 7-8 win team.

http://imgur.com/a/YL8t7
Old 12-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #193
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, lousy calls there in the Den/Ten game. Should have been a call on the offense for pass interference and that was a clean hit by the defensive back.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #194
TroyF
Coordinator

What a psychotic week of games. Two still going have the potential for wild finishes as well. (Denver and Seattle)

Chiefs impressed me today. Redskins are horrible, but not quite that bad. Lots of late TD's.

If pro football had the same rules as college, (and they should in this case), Von Miller would have been ejected for a cheap shot. Miller should have been ejected.

As I type this, they throw a flag on Pollard that should not have been a foul, just a hard hit. Reputation flag there. Welker out with a concussion and Decker may potentially be out. Still, Manning is finding open WR all over the place. Manning now with 3 TD passes to give him 44 on the year now.

Maybe someone can explain to me how Seattle can taunt directly at a player on virtually every play and not get 15 yard flags? Ianacho did it for Denver a couple of weeks ago and got nailed for far less than what Sherman does on a standard 1st down incompletion. My favorite part of the game today was Sherman assaulting Boldin, a flag being thrown and Sherman lobbying the ref for offensive PI. Ummmm, no Richard.

What a great freaking player though. What a player.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #195
Thomkal
Head Coach

"Honey Badger" hurt pretty bad it looks like for my beloved Cards.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #196
Super Ugly
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
"Honey Badger" hurt pretty bad it looks like for my beloved Cards.

Really hope he's okay. He's been fun to watch, and seems like a good guy.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #197
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Broncos defense continues to be pure awful. I thought it was suppose to be easier playing defense with the lead. How bad these guys are is an impressive feat.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #198
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can i turn the Giants game off and put my daughter to bed or does it make me a bad fan if they come back?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #199
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Way to steamroll a 3-10 team!

Isn't that what a playoff-bound team is supposed to do?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #200
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

The usual high intensity Sea at SF matchup.