Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Blood Bowl Chaos edition - Anyone want to do an interactive dynasty?

I just picked up Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition not too long ago. I used to love the board game when I was younger, but this will work as well. I've heard the AI isn't great, but that's OK, since we want to dominate anyways.

Would anyone be interested in doing an interactive dynasty? We would pick the race we want to use, come up with creative names based on our team's theme and race, setup the team, and try to progress them through the game's seasons all the way to the final Blood Bowl.

If anyone is interested, I'll post some details, and put them up to the forum to decide. Also, if anyone has any questions about the game, I can try and answer the best I can.

Here's a link to the rules, for those new to the game, or need a refresher (like me).

http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/LivingRulebook5.pdf

Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Eh, I've decided to do one anyways. I randomly chose my race, and ended up with the Skavens.

I named my team Rodents of Unusual Size, and went with a Princess Bride theme. Here is the roster.

[IMG]http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/[/IMG]

If anyone can come up with better names, let me know. Skavens die easily, so we will be needing replacements soon.

I bought two re-rolls, an apothecary, and a cheerleader and assistant coach as well. I worry that this won't be enough re-rolls, but I really wanted a rat ogre on the team. Also, the rat ogre was only 150K instead of 160K in the rulebook, so there is the first difference I have found.

I entered a tournament which I forgot to see what it was called, and I can't figure out how to find the name. It is a four team, round robin tournament. Then there is a playoff to determine the winner. Our first game is with a Nurgle team, and followed by an Ogre team, and finishing with an Undead team.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Our first game is against the Aukrug Eruptors, a Nurgle team. They are stronger and tougher than us, and Nurgle's Rot is something I would like to avoid, so I am planning on staying away from them, and utilizing our speed.

They are quite a bit better than us, so we were given some good inducements. I purchased two Bloodweiser Babes, some extra team training, and a bribe.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Our first game is against the Aukrug Eruptors. They are stronger than us, so I need to utilize our speed, and stay away from them.

We kicked off, and they immediately had trouble picking up the ball. We managed to get Guttercup and Indigo Ratoya down field to put some pressure on them. They finally picked up the ball, and immediately knocked Indigo out of the game.

We went on the defensive, trying to force them to inch down the field. I was hoping to just run out the half. My strategy worked, although they managed to injure Dread Pirat Roberts pretty seriously, knocking him out of the game, and longer, with a long term injury. To add injury to insult, right before halftime, they managed to knock Miracle Mouse out. Luckily, I purchased two Bloodweiser Babes with my inducement money, and they were able to revive him at the half. We were tied 0-0, but we were down two players.

The second half started with Guttercup receiving the kick. I tried to form a cage behind Fezsick. However, with the deficit of players, they sent guys flying in unopposed, and were able to break the cage. Guttercup was able to break free, using her dodge skill. That is where I made my fatal mistake.

With time running out, I decided to throw a pass to the revived Miracle Mouse. Guttercup is fast, but she cannot throw. The ball squirted free, and the Eruptors swarmed all over it. At this point, I was playing for the draw. Then, one of the prestigors with horns got his second big kill shot of the game, this time on Fred Ravage. He was pronounced dead on the sidelines, but luckily my apothecary was able to revive him. He was still alive, but out for the game.

They continued their assault, knocking my weaker players out of the way, and were able to score on the next to last turn. I was unable to score on the last turn, and we lost 1-0.

Dread Pirat Roberts received my MVP, and nobody else received any points. Also, Dread Pirat Roberts injury is severe enough that he will miss the next game. Since I only got 40K in winnings, and the cheapest replacement is 50K, I will need to use a journeyman player for our next game.

Not a great start in the tournament, but since we are a new team, we are definitely the weakest team in the field. Our next game is against the Red Face Rocketeers, an ogre team, so we should have a chance at a victory.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm following!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Game 2: Red Face Rocketeers (Ogre)

We had to hire a mercenary player. I chose a Thrower, to replace Dread Pirat Roberts. Since we had a ton of money for inducements, I upgraded him to a safe thrower. I also went with the Bloodweiser Babes, and bribes.

Once again, we were forced to kick off. We got a good kick deep, and once again, I sent Guttercup and Indigo Ratoya through their forces to put pressure on the ball. Peter Funk was the first to taste the ogre pain, and was knocked out of the game. I messed up, and accidentally used the apothecary with a misclick. Of course this would come into play a few minutes later, when Miracle Mouse got crushed, and was killed. He's not mostly dead, he's all-the-way dead. Our first loss.

However, Vermini and Humperslink were doing a good job knocking out their snotlings, so the numbers remained even. But I messed up, and let the ogres clear a path up the middle. A snotling went through the hole, and scored late in the half to make it 1-0.

We received the kick, which went to Indigo Ratoya. Guttercup got behind the defense, and I tried a desperation pass. With the help of a re-roll, it was successful, and I scored right as the half ended to make it 1-1.

They had enough spare snotlings to field a full team at the half, so even though we were receiving the ball, we would be down two players again. The kick went to our mercenary thrower, we brought it up the field. Fezsick started knocking ogres and snotlings alike all over the place. I was able to hand the ball off to Guttercup, who broke free through the hole created by Fezsick and Humperslink. Speed kills. I had to score quickly, as there wasn't any support, and a horde of ogres were heading her way. The problem is that there was still enough time for them to tie it up.

We kicked off, and at this point I was just trying to make them work for every yard up the field. Guttercup continued her amazing game by knocking a snotling out of the game. I was able to delay them enough to run out the clock, and escape with a 2-1 victory.

Fred Ravage was named MVP and get the 5 points. Guttercup netted 8 points, Fezsick got 2, and Indigo Ratoya had 1. This was enough to raise Guttercup a level. With the raise, I gave her the catch skill, since this seems to be the way I am using her.

We won 60K for our efforts, and our fan factor moved up to 1. That brings us to 100K, enough to buy two linemen. One to replace our dearly departed Miracle Mouse, and the other to give us a spare player so we aren't continually playing down a man or two. Now I just have to come up with two new names.

Last edited by Umbrella : 04-22-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #7
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Game 3: Drowned Sharks (Undead)

Strange name for an Undead team, but whatever. For the first time, I have 12 players to get through a game. My new players are creatively name Miracle Mouse II, and The Rat in Black. The Rat in Black will start on the bench for me. The Drowned Sharks have lost their first two games, so I don't want to give them their first victory.

We kick off first yet again. The game starts with somebody in the stands throwing a big rock onto the field and knocking Count Tyrat out. Lovely. However, this game we're the ones throwing our muscle around. Fezsick wastes no time in knocking fools out early. He can't help it if he's bigger and stronger than everyone else. My strategy of getting the gutter runners downfield quickly to run interference is in effect again. The stormvermin throw their muscle around as well, and we do a good job of getting them penned in. But then Feszick decides to go wild animal, and I cannot control him. This is the opening they need, and manage to get a couple of ghouls in the clear. In the process, they manage to seriously injure Miracle Mouse II. I think this name is cursed. He is just mostly dead though, but he will miss some time.

They are about two steps from the end zone when Fred Ravage does a long range blitz. Guttercup had been making a mad dash back to try and catch them. Fred nails the ball carrier, which knocks the ball free (as well as knocking the ball carrier out of the game), and right into Guttercups hands.

Guttercup sprints up the field, but time is running out. She tosses a short pass to Humperslink, but he doesn't have the speed to get to the end zone before time runs out. We go into halftime tied 0-0.

Dread Pirat Roberts scoops up the opening kickoff of the second half, and we immediately form a cage. Fezsick, Humperslink, and Vermini start to slowly clear a path. A couple of the players decide to take on Fezsick. Bad decision, as they knock themselves out of the game.

Guttercup is streaking down the field, and they are more concerned with her than the ball carrier. We slowly march down the field, knocking people out left and right. By the time we get to the end zone, they only have seven players still on the field, and most of them are down. We kill time, and then score right before the game ends to win 1-0.

Indigo Ratoya keeps up the tradition of winning MVP while doing as little as possible. Fred Ravage delivered one casualty, and Fezsick delivered two. And finally, the TD from Dread Pirat Roberts resulted in all four of these players leveling up. Indigo Ratoya mutates with extra long legs. Fred Savage gets to increase his armor. Fezsick will continue his rampage by getting the juggernaut skill. And finally, Dread Pirat Roberts will become an accurate passer.

We finish second out of four, as the Nurgle team won all of their games. This means in the elimination portion, we'll meet the ogre team in the semi-finals. Unfortunately, we only got 20K in winnings, so I don't have enough to buy another player. With Miracle Mouse II out, we will have to make due with the minimum 11 players against a physical team.

Last edited by Umbrella : 04-23-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Game 4: [don't know the name] Cup Semifinals vs. Red Face Rocketeers (Ogre)

We kicked off. We were able to blitz, so Vermini raced down and knocked a snotling out. Indigo Ratoya took advantage of the hole, and was able to get close to the ball. This caused the Rocketeers all sorts of problems. They finally snuck a snotling in to pick up the ball. One of the ogres made an ill-fated decision to pick the snotling up and chuck him down the field. This failed spectacularly, and Indigo Ratoya was able to scoop the ball up, and score a quick TD to put us up 1-0.

The next kickoff was a little more rugged. We were playing cautiously, and letting them inch the ball down the field. This strategy worked, and with very little time remaining in the half, Fezsick knocked the ball loose with a wicked hit. We didn’t have enough time to score, so we decided to play dirty. Rous took a cheap shot on a downed ogre, but was caught by the ref and ejected. Of course, this is the first game I didn’t have any bribes. It was a fair trade though, taking out an experienced ogre with a rookie lineman. We went into the half up 1-0.

Dread Pirat Roberts received the kickoff in the 2nd half, and we formed a cage. Thanks to some of the ogres going bonehead, Dread Pirat Roberts was able to break free, and hit an open Guttercup with a quick pass. Guttercup had visions of glory, and made a beeline for the end zone. However, the one ogre that could have made a play caught her, knocking the ball free, and knocking her out of the game in the process.

Then the ogres remembered they were ogres, and started inflicting the pain. We were getting knocked out and off the field left and right. They sent snotlings up the field to try and get a pass to them. Indigo Ratoya was sitting back though, and knocking them around. We were down several players, but most of their snotlings were down on the field, and their ogres were more interested in beating us up than scoring.

A snotling ball carrier finally broke free, but he only had another snotling in support. Indigo Ratoya and Fred Ravage were back playing safety, and Indigo managed to track the snotling down, knock the ball out, and knock the snotling out too. Fred took out the other snotling, and the threat was averted as time ran out. We are on to the cup finals after a 1-0 victory which we dominated.

The Rat in Black continued the mystery MVP streak. Indigo Ratoya did well with a TD and a casualty to get 5 points. Fezsick, Vermini, and Rous (with his dirty hit) also inflicted casualties to get 2 points each. None of these players were able to level up though. We received 50K in winnings. This is good, since Count Tyrat’s injuries will keep him out of the finals, and we need an extra player. I took another lineman, named Cliff Insanity (obscure reference). Our fan factor is up to 3. I’m going to hold on to our remaining 20K for now, and I would like to get another stormvermin if we can win enough money.

The Nurgle team will be our opponents, as they beat up the Undead team 2-0 in the other semi-final. We have our work cut out for us.

Last edited by Umbrella : 04-23-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:51 AM   #9
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Nice write-ups. I actually like the concept of the game, but I'm really bad at playing it.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote