Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2017, 03:11 PM   #451
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Connor Barff. How in the world is he still in the NFL?
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:26 PM   #452
cuervo72
Head Coach

Torn here. Always like to see the Redskins lose in painful fashion, but a Saints loss would probably be more beneficial to the Eagles and playoff seeding.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #453
cuervo72
Head Coach

And now, more thrilling Patriots football!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #454
Atocep
Coordinator

Maybe, just maybe benching Tyrod wasn't the right call.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #455
AlexB
Pro Starter

So Nathan Peterman’s justifying his promotion over Tyrod Taylor - only one of his first nine passes has been incomplete, and he’s spreading the ball around equally: four to his team, four to the Chargers.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #456
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

What a brutal officiating job against the Redskins today. Fuller with the game sealing INT gets called for a phantom hold but the DB holding Josh Doctson's arm for 25 yards and then tripping him going into the end zone isn't called earlier. The Saints are the better team but the Skins deserved that win. I hope those worthless refs die in a fire.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #457
Atocep
Coordinator

Tyrod Taylor has thrown 3 picks on 254 attempts this year. Peterman has thrown 5 picks in 14 attempts now.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:42 PM   #458
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
What a brutal officiating job against the Redskins today. Fuller with the game sealing INT gets called for a phantom hold but the DB holding Josh Doctson's arm for 25 yards and then tripping him going into the end zone isn't called earlier. The Saints are the better team but the Skins deserved that win. I hope those worthless refs die in a fire.

If it wasnt for the refs the redskins would win every time.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #459
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Tyrod Taylor has thrown 3 picks on 254 attempts this year. Peterman has thrown 5 picks in 14 attempts now.

But isn’t it great to have a QB who can scan the whole field and throw it to any of the DBs on the other team. No more dumbing down the playbook for Buffalo!

Oh, and no more playoffs either. 18 years and counting? Muppets
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #460
miami_fan
Coordinator

Peterman has to start the rest of the season right? Just keep Tyrod for cleanup duty?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #461
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Chargers record for INT is 6, against Peyton Manning. Maybe Peterman won't be so bad after a while.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #462
Edward64
Head Coach

Ravens beat the Packers.

Razorback Alex Collins was the primary back and goes 20-49 and 1 touchdown. He seems to have fixed his fumbling problem.

I'm rooting for Collins and glad he is getting his shot, but TBH he doesn't seem to have the "x factor" to be a top back in this league. Looking forward to how he turns out by end of the season.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #463
miami_fan
Coordinator

Why IS it surprising that Wentz is faster than Prescott, Cris?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #464
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Jaggernaut Rolls!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #465
RedKingGold
College Starter

The Chiefs have lost 4 out of the last 5...”because they have no passion”? Why does Rodney Harrison have a job?

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-19-2017 at 09:05 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #466
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post

It was more of a facemask than a hold, but it was a penalty, and it kept the receiver from breaking into the route.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:48 PM   #467
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Why IS it surprising that Wentz is faster than Prescott, Cris?

Who is the last fast person from North Dakota that you know?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #468
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It was more of a facemask than a hold, but it was a penalty, and it kept the receiver from breaking into the route.

It had no effect on the play as the ball was badly underthrown, and the biggest issue is that that kind of play on defense was allowed all day prior to that pass. Again, see the pass down the left sideline to Doctson in the first quarter where Lattimore literally grabbed Doctson's arm around the 25 yard line and held onto it through the end zone while tripping Doctson on the 5. No call. Both defenses were allowed to be aggressive against the pass all game and then suddenly that call gets made. Bush league officiating at its worst.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #469
Logan
Head Coach

A former NFLer on Twitter is reporting that former Patriots WR Terry Glenn has passed away.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #470
Kodos
Resident Alien

R.I.P. Died in a car wreck.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #471
miami_fan
Coordinator

Mike McCoy is unemployed.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #472
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mike McCoy is unemployed.

Saw that headline and wondered how it was really his fault that the team had no QB and no OL.

It's starting to become clearer & clearer which head ought to roll in Denver ... but I guess it's hard to get rid of a legend.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #473
cuervo72
Head Coach

Looked like after walking a bit on the sideline Neal said "what happened?" Yeah, protocol for you.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #474
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Saw that headline and wondered how it was really his fault that the team had no QB and no OL.

It's starting to become clearer & clearer which head ought to roll in Denver ... but I guess it's hard to get rid of a legend.

Especially one that recently won a superbowl
Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #475
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't want to jinx it but Falcons are playing pretty well. The defense is really hustling.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #476
Atocep
Coordinator

Why in the holy hell would you fake a FG there?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #477
Edward64
Head Coach

Arrogance.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #478
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

It is simple to say from the outside, but I am amazed that Elway has been that bad putting together offensive talent.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #479
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

"I gave you Trevor Siemian AND Brock Osweiller. How dare you not produce points! You're FIRED!"
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #480
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
It is simple to say from the outside, but I am amazed that Elway has been that bad putting together offensive talent.

Eh, I'm not so surprised.

(Stanford aside, Elway has never struck me as being particularly brilliant or insightful. Would rather expect him to be middling in the front office.)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #481
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Agreed. His late career heroics largely overshadow the turmoil that was the Elway-Reeves relationship.

I remember SI famously having a cover with both with The words "Grow Up" seemingly coming from Reeves directed at Elway. This was the year after a Super Bowl run IIRC.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:43 PM   #482
Scarecrow
College Prospect

ESPN on Twitter: "The Cleveland Browns are 0-10 but they can still make the playoffs."

Don't know how to embed this, but it's kinda funny...
Old 11-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #483
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post

How the Browns can make the playoffs : nfl

Here's the reddit thread that ESPN stole the idea from without giving any credit.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #484
larrymcg421
Head Coach

538 ran the numbers:

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #485
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Interesting...

Cleveland has a higher probability to beat Green Bay than San Francisco has to beat Houston (week 14)
Old 11-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #486
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Chiefs just signed Darrelle Revis. 'Cause you can't have too many geysers with no speed on defense...
Old 11-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #487
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Now I want every single one of these results to come to pass until Kansas City misses a chip shot FG on the last play of regulation and drops a 1 point game to the Broncos to finish Week 17.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #488
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Peterman has to start the rest of the season right? Just keep Tyrod for cleanup duty?

So what was the effing point of last week?

Tyrod Taylor of Buffalo Bills to start at quarterback against Kansas City Chiefs
Old 11-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #489
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

To lose half the locker room and turn a somewhat promising young QB who clearly was nowhere near ready into a punchline obviously. Oh, and fall out of playoff position.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #490
miami_fan
Coordinator

Isn't that what the officials are supposed do? Let the play stand and let review take the burden?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #491
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

If you needed further evidence that NFL refs are horrible at their jobs, the call of TD on a play where McKinnon is clearly down around the 10 yard line is a great reminder.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #492
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lions gifted 6 points on an obvious non catch and a super questionable death penalty level PI
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #493
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Why is the 7 on Keenum's jersey(or 2 in the kicker) non stylized and 7 on anyone else's jersey is.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #494
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow if the long snapper doesn't choke on the ball, the Lions would have won that review
Old 11-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #495
stevew
Hall Of Famer

2 teams wearing blue is kinda weird.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #496
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Lions gifted 6 points on an obvious non catch and a super questionable death penalty level PI

Refs kept that game as close as possible to keep the ratings up as much as possible. They absolutely gifted them the TD at the end of the half and the failure to call one of the most obvious 50 yard pass interference calls mid way through the 3rd quarter was just stunning. It really couldnt have been more obvious and wasnt even like it would have been hard to miss being it was a complete mugging.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #497
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

How bout them Cowboys!
Old 11-23-2017, 08:38 PM   #498
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The Redskins just have no offensive playmakers on their team to help out Cousins. I mean not a thing. Even when Reed plays he looks slow out there cause he is usually injured in some way.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #499
cuervo72
Head Coach

That was some special kind of planning there.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #500
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he had been told the touchdown was confirmed so he had no reason to tell his extra point team to hurry up and get the snap off.

“They had confirmed it, so you confirm it, you take your time and you kick it,” Caldwell said. “They review every single score, correct? That’s the rule. So they review it, they tell you it’s good, it’s good, so why rush? So our guys were just doing what’s normal.”

Are we sure that Jim Caldwell is a competent head coach? Someone in the Lions Booth had to be screaming to get the extra point kicked.