Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Buying Prescription Eyeglasses Online

Does anyone have any experience purchasing prescription eyeglasses online?

How did it work for you?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Bee
Pro Starter

I've bought probably a dozen pairs of glasses online through Zenni. I've had no problems with quality or anything on any of them (although I had read a few reviews where people had issues before I bought my first pair). I used my old glasses a couple years ago to get the dimensions that worked best for my face and have basically used that as a general guideline to picking glasses. They are so cheap that I treat it like changing underwear now. I rotate through about 5-6 different pair right now. I have my every day glasses, my going out to dinner glasses, my driving glasses, my beach glasses, my glasses when I wear a blue shirt....
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Does anyone have any experience purchasing prescription eyeglasses online?

How did it work for you?

I've ordered through glassesusa.com before. Actual quality of the glasses were good. I only found it hard to gauge just how thick the frames on the glasses were.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

Like NobodyHere, I've purchased through GlassesUSA before. I'd cheerfully recommend them.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:04 AM   #5
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My wife is a licensed optician, and these sites makes her pull her hair out. Basically, if you have regular single vision correction and you do not have a strange PD (Pupillary distance), you will probably be ok. If you have a progressive or bi-focal prescription, pay the money to have someone help you.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
Drake
assmaster

Our optometrist recommends against them for our kids because of the quality of the glass (i.e., not shatterproof). But when my kids go through half a dozen pairs of glasses a year (each), I'm not paying in-store prices.

(I know, I know. The strong parental argument is to teach them to take better pair of their glasses. Tell you what: you adopt a pair a DCS foster kids and see how well that works out for you, and then we can compare notes.)

ETA: My wife has ordered from both zenni and glassesUSA, and she's been happy with both. Figured I should answer the actual question.

Last edited by Drake : 01-30-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote