Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2005, 04:24 PM   #51
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Yeah, my ground game sucks. How I got out of the rear mount two times and out of guard three times.. wow.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:55 PM   #52
marshall881
Mascot

Reallocating points sounds like a decent idea. Looking forward to the Grand prix.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:16 PM   #53
kingfc22
Head Coach

I didn't even break a sweat. Who's next?!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:19 PM   #54
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola

I like the idea of changing pts. every so often.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:38 PM   #55
Calis
College Starter

Ok, we'll definitely allow changing of points. I'm thinking 5 points every 3 fights? I'm also thinking only changing the skills portions and not the attributes. Seems more plausible that way.

I don't want anyone to drop out because their fighter "sucks" so this gives them a chance to try some different things out. I haven't noticed any horribly obvious tendencies to favor grapplers or strikers. You do take your chances when you specialize too much though, which is the case. It sure does make for more exciting matches though.

Sounds like we need a Yellope vs. Nielsen match soon also.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:49 PM   #56
Calis
College Starter

FOFC Grand Prix Opening Round

The following 8 fighters have earned their way into the FOFC Grand Prix tournament which begins next card....

Raven Hawkov
David Yellope
David Gonzalez
Owen Hunter
Jeff Nights
Rupert Pupkin
Ian Bishop
AJ Tucker

We're now going to randomly assign the fighters their first round match! This is not a straight bracket tournament, I'll probably assign or maybe randomly assign the next round, we'll see how it goes. This round is completely random though, so here goes.

First off...

David “The Dominator” Gonzalez
vs.
AJ Tucker

We saw Gonzalez have no trouble in his debut match, ending it in well under a minute. He's a great ground fighter and he'll be meeting up with AJ Tucker who is possibly the man right now after defeating the former Pride champion in Raven Hawkov. This one is up in the air.

My Prediction: This one really could go either way, I'm going to go with Tucker though. Tucker has a ground game that's almost on part with the Dominator, and a standup game that is much better. He's not going to be horribly uncomfortable either way. It's hard to bet against Gonzalez after that last win though...

For the next fight...I'm not kidding folks, this happened, not rigged. The random number generators seems to want these two to fight at every possible opportunity. They've already had a couple knockdown dragout brawls, and this time should prove to be no different. You've probably guessed it by now...

David “The Beast” Yellope
vs.
Jeff Nights

My Prediction: Nights has his number, he's defeated Yellope twice already, and he handled his first fight with relative ease. I think he has to be the favorite again. That being said, Yellope has to be pissed that he's lost twice, so he'll have that extra fire. They're both world class punchers, so the edge is really up in the air. Nights has a big advantage in ability to ground and pound, but Yellope has the intangibles. They both pack a helluva wallop.

Rupert Pupkin
vs.
Owen Hunter

Here's another of our Striker meets Grappler matches. Seems like every fight is one. Pupkin is a veteran, and was a real threat in the Pride organization before making his move over here. He's one of my favorites, and a master at the ground game. Owen Hunter on the other hand is a new guy, but he's coming off of a win in his first match where he showed some real grit by coming back after receiving a beating and giving back twice what he got.

My Prediction: I have to go with Pupkin here. He's coming off a win where he knocked hi s opponent out, which is something we didn't expect to see. He's shown he's been working on his boxing, and no one can question his ability to grapple. Hunter as we mentioned is a great wrestler, he's got good punches from the mount and a good standup punching game. He doesn't want this one on the ground though, and I think Pupkin can force it.

Raven Hawkov
vs.
Ian Bishop

Well we all know about Raven Hawkov, he's the Russian Bear. He's not fancy, he's very straightforward, toss you around like a rag doll and finish you off however he deems necessary. He's had some trouble since moving from Pride to FOFC, and is still adjusting, but he's not a man to be taken lightly. Ian Bishop is one of our most well rounded fighters, he's comfortable standing, on the ground, he's got knockout power, and the ability to submit you.

My Prediction: Tough one to call here. Hawkov has definitely shown signs of being human the last two matches. He's taking a beating, but he proved last fight that he'll patiently take the hits and wait for a moment to strike. I personally see him taking the fight to the ground and controlling the tempo. I have to stick with him. He's got to show some ability to do some damage from the ground though or it could be a long one.

---------

So there it is folks, the first round! Lets get those fight strategies in, as I hope to run it Friday morning or early afternoon.

I should add another not on the fighter strategies that I think needs to be clarified. From what I've seen those of you who are strikers really need to focus more on power. Technical doesn't seem to have any effect on strikes, what I mean is if you set technical high, you appear to punch much less, and you focus much more on submissions, etc... So that's something to consider. It doesn't just mean you only go for power strikes, kinda weird.

What I'll do is allow every fighter to do the 5 point switch after the Grand Prix is finished.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:31 PM   #57
tucker342
Pro Starter

strategy sent
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:41 PM   #58
atatange1
High School JV

strategy sent.
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:40 PM   #59
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Sent
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:16 PM   #60
JeffNights
College Prospect

sent
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 PM   #61
kingfc22
Head Coach

sent
Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #62
marshall881
Mascot

Sent
Old 09-02-2005, 08:49 AM   #63
Calis
College Starter

FOFC Grand Prix
Part 1

Ok folks, here's the big event we've been waiting for. The first two matches are in the books. They're pretty dry, and I'm not in an overly creative or great mood this morning, so it's kinda dull. The results are what matters though! So here goes

David Gonzalez
vs.
AJ Tucker

The bell rings and our first Grand Prix is under way!

We see some circling to start things out. Gonzalez tests the waters on a couple of takedowns, and Tucker is looking for an opening to land a shot. Tucker has the first success connecting with a good body shot. We have some controversy and a warning issued next as AJ Tucker apparently went for an eye gouge. Big John McCarthy has some words with him and Gonzalez is given time to recover. The fight starts back up and Tucker lands a glancing front kick. He follows it up with another one that lands more solidly. Gonzalez is still searching for that takedown, and he's having no luck as of yet. Tucker lands a crushing roundhouse punch. It staggers Gonzalez who is knocked to the ground! He's out folks! That is it! AJ Tucker lands a monster blow only 1:59 into the first round.

Winner via KO at 1:59 of Round 1: AJ Tucker

Owen Hunter
vs.
Rupert Pupkin

Match 2 of the Grand Prix is now underway. We see the usual feeling out process and then a couple short clinches to start things off. They're in a clinch and Pupkin is fighting for that single leg, but Hunter is defending quite well. He gives up and the clinch is lost. Owen Hunter attempts a low front kick, but it's sidestepped by Pupkin. Hunter tries a couple of uppercuts, but those are both dodged as well. Pupkin is still looking for that takedown. Owen Hunter continues moving in and Pupkin finally makes another move landing a very solid right hook. Hunter answers back with a front kick that lands squarely as well. That one looks to have angered Pupkin who goes for the clinch to give himself a moment. Hunter pushes off and gets some distance, and then connects with a body shot. The bell sounds and round 1 comes to a close. Interesting round, not a lot of action, a long feeling out process.

Round 2

Hunter fires an uppercut that hits to get things rolling. Body shot next which also lands. The standup game is going horribly for Pupkin right now, as we might've expected. I don't think anyone thought that Hunter's takedown defense would be this sound. Pupkin goes in for the takedown yet again but is denied. He receives a body shot for his efforts. Finally success as he catches Hunter off balance and tumbles him to the mat. He's got the rear mount now, and Pupkin is extremely dangerous from here. He unloads a series of punches, a couple of which get through. Hunter stands up! He's now standing with Pupkin clinched to his back. Hunter headbutts! Big John McCarthy steps in and warns Hunter about his infraction, and gives Pupkin some more time to recover. This causes a break though, which really benefits Hunter.
Pupkin shoots in on the restart and Tucker sprawls nicely, avoding it. We're halfway through the 2nd round now, and Pupkin looks to have a nice bruise forming under his right eye. The fighters clinch up, and Owen Hunter throws a knee to the head which lands! Another knee to the body! Pupkin pulls Hunter down on top of him. He's locked on a Gogoplata in the process! Hunter wiggles his way out quickly though. He escapes the guard and stands the fight back up. Finally Pupkin scores a shot from the stand up as a he hits a nice liver kick. Bas Rutten would be proud. The 2nd round comes to a close.

3rd Round

Well, it looks to me like Pupkin is in trouble here. He's more than likely lost the 1st and 2nd round. So he needs to finish this one here. He doesn't get this plan off to a good start when he gets nailed with an uppercut that looks to have knocked him loopy. He's not that loopy though as he fires off a spinning backfist of his own that catches Hunter completely off guard. Now he's stunned! He's falling folks! That's it! Owen Hunter has been knocked out here in the 3rd round. What a turn of events.

Winner via KO at 0:11 of Round 3 is- Rupert Pupkin

There's our first two matches, and both were surprising ones. Tucker wasted no time in finishing his first fight, and Pupkin? Well Pupkin was getting hammered pretty good up until that point, and what does he do? Wins another fight with a KO.

Last edited by Calis : 09-02-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #64
marshall881
Mascot

Pupkin has a lot of guts.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #65
atatange1
High School JV

Thanks marshall. Wow, what a fight! I can't believe I've won both of my fights so far by KO. I'm a submission expert, its's gonna be really scary when I get the submissions going.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #66
Calis
College Starter

FOFC Grand Prix
Part II

Well I had some time to finish up this card, a few hours to kill..I didn't expect to be done with both matches in the matter of about 10 minutes. A very quick and explosive finish to our last two fights.

Ian Bishop
vs.
Raven Hawkov

Our third fight of the Grand Prix gets rolling here as the bell sounds. Hawkov closes in for the clinch but Bishop pushes him back. He tries yet again and receives a knee to the thigh from Bishop in return. Hawkov goes for that single leg takedown but Bishop fights him off and manages to shove him against the fence. Bishop is maintaining the clinch now. Snap elbow and it ROCKS Hawkov. Huge hit there, and Raven is on the mat! That's it folks, John McCarthy steps in and stops the fight, Raven Hawkov is out! 38 seconds into the first round and Hawkov is out.

Winner via KO at 0:38 of Round 1 is- Ian Bishop

Here comes the big one folks. I personally have been waiting to see this one. We've seen them fight twice before and I think even the crowd was bruised and battered by the end. We're in for a war here, so lets not waste any time.

David “The Beast” Yellope
vs.
Jeff Nights

This one starts and we expect fireworks. Jeff Nights is chasing after David Yellope, and Yellope unloads, he lands a flurry of shots, some wicked ones land! That's it! This fight is over! Yellope catches and puts down Nights in 0:15 of the first round. That's some revenge there for The Beast. He's moving on to the next round!

Winner via KO at 0:15 of the 1st- David "The Beast" Yellope

So we've got our final 4. I didn't expect this first round to be so fast and furious.

Semi-Final Contestants

David Yellope
Ruper Pupkin
Ian Bishop
AJ Tucker

Ok, let me think on the next round matchups. Remember, the next card will have both semis and finals. So cuts, injuries, damage, etc... carry over. This is a big one. I'm going to have to have fighters send in one strategy to use for both fights, or one for each..because I'm going to have to run it all at once.

I'll get the next round up shortly.

Last edited by Calis : 09-02-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #67
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

KABOOM!

Finally, Mr Nights...
Old 09-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #68
marshall881
Mascot

Bishop did not want to play around this time, unlike against Jae Boe. Hawkov is a great fighter!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #69
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Motha Effa Owen...
Old 09-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #70
Calis
College Starter

And the Semifinals for the FOFC Grand Prix have been cemented.

FOFC Grand Prix Semi-Finals

David "The Beast" Yellope
vs.
AJ Tucker

Rupert Pupkin
vs.
Ian Bishop

So get those fight strategies in when you can, the sooner the better, as I'll run it as soon as I can fit it in. If you could go ahead and send me your final strategies, you can either send in what you'd do for each fighter or if it's no big whoop just send one in. Whatever works.

I will wait until Tuesday though, as it is Friday evening now and I'm sure some people are out of town for the long weekend. Me, I'm here, stuck working half the weekend and off half, so I have time.

I have no clue how to pick a favorite to win this sucker. Should be good, or at least bloody.

Last edited by Calis : 09-02-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #71
atatange1
High School JV

strat vs. Bishop sent.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #72
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Hawkov just learned a lesson about stategy. Good fight Bishop!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #73
marshall881
Mascot

Thanks Hawk.

Bishop strategy sent.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #74
tucker342
Pro Starter

sent
Old 09-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #75
Calis
College Starter

FOFC: Final Conflict

Here it is folks, the night we've all been waiting for. We're down to three men, and when all is said and done this evening, our first champion will be crowned. Lets waste no time and get right down to business!

David Yellope
vs.
AJ Tucker

Final Conflict has begun! Tucker begins the match by trying to grab for a clinch, he shoots and goes for a leg sweep takedown. Yellope escapes it though, and the fighters separate. Tucker shoots in again a few moments later but Yellope sprawls beautifully. He obviously wants to keep this fight standing up. Yellope goes in and clinches. They maneuver for a bit and Yellope fires a snap elbow, it's vicious! Staggering blow and Tucker is knocked down! He's out! That's the match! Yellope advances to the finals with no damage and very little fatigue.

Winner via KO/Snap Elbow at 1:30 of Round 1 is- David “The Beast” Yellope

Rupert Pupkin
vs.
Ian Bishop

Little more pressure on these two now, as they know the winner will be facing a very fresh and confident David Yellope in the finals. They have more pressing concerns right now though as the bell rings starting this fight. They feel each other out to start the match, Pupkin testing the waters on a takedown attempt but not committing, Bishop feeling out the jab. They clinch, and Bishop fires a nice knee to the head which lands, but Pupkin smiles and makes it known that it didn't hurt. Bishop drives him into the corner, and lands another solid knee, this one to the body. Pupkin shoots but Bishop defends perfectly. Pupkin pulls him down into his guard, but we know that Bishop will be getting up first chance he gets. He does get up, and they square off for a bit before John McCarthy orders Pupkin back to his feet. Pupkin clinches and shoots for another takedown, but Bishop is ready and easily defends it. They break, and Bishop moves in again and is met with a nice jab from Pupkin which lands. Bishop doesn't stop though and keeps moving in, and gets the clinch. He fires off another knee to the head! Pupkin is not laughing as this one lands! He's hurt! He's down! That's another KO in the first round.

Winner via KO/Knee Thrust to Head at 2:40 of Round 1 is Ian Bishop

Wow, two very quick fights to start off our semifinals. Sort of anti-climactic to have two fights in one night when the first ones go for a combined time of under 5 minutes. I think the crowd might riot if the show ends up going on for under 10 minutes. Lets bring these fighters out and declare a champion though, it's came down to two big time strikers, and I would imagine we'll be seeing yet another KO before this night ends.

David Yellope
vs.
Ian Bishop

The finals start and Ian Bishop immediately creates a clinch. He's proved he's deadly from here, and he throws a nasty uppercut a second later which narrowly misses. Yellope doesn't mind the clinch one bit either as he proved, but it's broken a few seconds later. Yellope sends a probing low round kick which Bishop deflects. Bishop answers with a low front kick and it connects solidly. Yellope immediately shoots in for a leg and catches Bishop by suprise. He's got him down! He's in Bishop's guard now and is looking to start grounding and pounding him. He creates some distance and spots an opening, and then lands a nice combo of punches which connect. He then pushes Bishop against the fence, which is not good at all. Bishop is working on a sweep, but having little luck as of yet. They work to a stalemate for a while longer, and eventually Yellope stands up, but after a few failed attempts at scooting around him he moves back down into the guard. Bishop throws a couple short punches from the guard, but they have little effect. Yellope answers him with a series of punches and elbows to the midsection, and those DO have some effect. We see a lot of inaction for the next minute, both fighters taking it easy, Yellope looking for an opening, and Bishop wondering how the hell he's getting out of here. Bishop answers that questions with a lightning quick flurry of movement as he sweeps Yellope! The tables have been turned, and now Yellope is on bottom and throwing some punches. Bishop wants this fight standing though, and he moves up, and shortly after Yellope is ordered up as well.

We have about 1 minute left in the first as the two fighters stand again. Bishop fires a hook that misses badly, and Yellope shoots in after it to try for a double leg takedown. Bishop sprawls though and lands a nice uppercut. That one looks to have peturbed Yellope a bit, who sits back and catches a breather, trying to compose himself. Bishop keeps coming though and clinches. He fires off a snap elbow which we saw The Beast use to end his first fight, and this one rocks Yellope, he's going down folks and this one looks to be over! He's out! We have our first champion and it is none other than Ian “Impact” Bishop!

Winner via KO/Snap Elbow at 4:11 of Round 1- Ian Bishop

Well the Grand Prix comes to a close and Ian Bishop walks home as our first champion here in FOFC. Congrats to him. I'm a little dissapointed with how the fights went, I'm seeing way more KO's then I should, and I'm also slightly annoyed that 90% of takedowns seem to result in a rear mount.

Sorry this one took so long to get posted, been busy lately and it's looking like it'll stay that way. So we'll probably be doing about 1 card a week now, possibly 2.

We have our champion, and I'll probably setup a #1 contenders match for the next card, what I'll also need is some challenges! Now it's your turn to call out who you want! 4 Fights per card, so some folks will be left out, and Bishop is going to sit next card, so we can set up a #1 Contender match and the first title defense following that. It will probably be both semifinal losers from the tourney duking it out for the shot. Then after that next up for a shot is obviously Yellope. Then it's all up in the air!

I think it's about time to let folks do some stat tweaking also if they want, let me think on exactly how we'll do that.

Last edited by Calis : 09-09-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #76
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well Yellope, it seems you already have a shot, and while they won't let me into the #1 contenders match, I'll be more than happy to ask you for a rematch.

What do you say, "champ"?
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #77
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'll take on any challenger.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #78
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis
Well Yellope, it seems you already have a shot, and while they won't let me into the #1 contenders match, I'll be more than happy to ask you for a rematch.

What do you say, "champ"?

Works for me.. I'll fight anyone, anytime.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #79
marshall881
Mascot

Yes!! Bishop wins it with two knock outs!!

That makes three straight KO's for Bishop!
Hawkov, Pupkin & Yellope have all gone down to Bishop's power!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:28 PM   #80
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I'll take on any challenger.

Hunter will answer that challenge
Old 09-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #81
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2
Hunter will answer that challenge

Let's sign the contract!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #82
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I challenge Pupkin!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #83
JeffNights
College Prospect

Jeff Nights challenges AJ Tucker.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #84
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Jeff Nights challenges AJ Tucker.

Bring it on bitch!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick note:

My new apartment doesn't have internet til Tuesday. I'm at a Barnes and Nobles for a few minutes to do essential stuff now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #86
Calis
College Starter

FOFC V – The Challengers

David Yellope
vs.
Jace Talon

Jeff Nights
vs.
AJ Tucker

David Gonzalez
vs.
Owen Hunter

Rupert Pupkin
vs.
Raven Hawkov

Tim Moungey
vs.
Rob Nielsen

Ok, here's the lineup for FOFC V! Lets get those fight strategies in. I should actually have time to run this sucker Saturday, so lets try and get them in there by then. The #1 Contender is still up in the air, so this is going to be a big card. Pupkin, Tucker, and obviously Yellope all three could earn a shot at the title, it'll just depend on results here. We're also seeing the debut of Tim Moungey, a fighter who may lack a lot in skill, but makes up for it in sheer aggression and heart, he's a tough bastard through and through. Rob Nielsen will be facing off against him and looking for his first win.

I went ahead and added a 5th fight to this card, although it's useless only 4. There will be no additional charge, I just wanted to get all the challenges in, and get Tim Moungey in a fight.

Now lets see who steps up for a chance to take out the champ.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:31 AM   #87
marshall881
Mascot

Bishop will be watching with extreme interest.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:07 AM   #88
atatange1
High School JV

sent
Old 09-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #89
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Strategy Sent
Old 09-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #90
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sent!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #91
kingfc22
Head Coach

sent
Old 09-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #92
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Frank Justice will accept any challenges! I have been out of town so I missed the last 5 days or so.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #93
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Sent strategy
Old 10-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #94
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Bump

or is it dead?