Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #851
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm here. And I just sent in my arrest action.

Care to share?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #852
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Cronin: You stated no money enters or leaves the game. Is this true for Swaggs and SnDvls as well? Did their killers become richer?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #853
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How weird. We were all posting demons as recently as a half hour ago (admittedly me more than anyone else). But now none of us are saying anything. Did you all go to lunch?

Yep, was kind of fun.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #854
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Care to share?
It would be helpful so that I don't duplicate yours. Even if you were to post a list of two or three, I could likely find a good candidate outside of that grouping.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #855
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Yep, was kind of fun.

Heh, as a night shift person, it's funny for me to see the break in posting, obvious as it is. Normally, I'm at my serving day job so I am not here to see it.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #856
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Care to share?

Not yet. I am still open to changing it if some new info arises, but I wanted to get a PM into st.cronin just in case I don't get a chance later. I don't want us to miss an arrest again today.

I'm not terribly happy about my choice, though, because I don't have a very strong negative feeling about anybody at this point. But FYI, the choice is one of the UTR folks.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #857
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
How weird. We were all posting demons as recently as a half hour ago (admittedly me more than anyone else). But now none of us are saying anything. Did you all go to lunch?

I'm kind of in a lull as to what to observe/look at next, to be honest.

Withholding my vote on Bullet for the time being, as I feel awfully hypocritical voting for him when I was in pretty much the same boat yesterday. At the same time, he hasn't done much of anything to defend himself.

Sort of in a holding pattern for everything else till something new comes up to chat about. I'm out of thoughts right now.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #858
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It would be helpful so that I don't duplicate yours. Even if you were to post a list of two or three, I could likely find a good candidate outside of that grouping.

I sent in a conditional arrest order (not sure if cronin views this as legal yet or not). It was something like this:

Arrest Joe Blow unless Barkeep also chooses to arrest him. If so, then arrest Jane Doe.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #859
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you hitting on me?

I'll check the maybe box

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #860
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i feel like i've been very helpful so far this game. at least given that it's a massive game with confusing mechanics. but if you all want to arrest me and toss me off the rock, go ahead. i just ask all loyal senators to watch carefully and see how things line up when you do that...who votes where. There could very well be a wolf (maybe the 2nd person pushing for me, 1st would be pretty bold, but 2-3 is usually a safe place to hide) in the beginning, and there will prolly a wolf or two in the middle, and then I'd expect one or two to stay away altogether, maybe even to try to defend me.

least that's how i'd play it if i was king of the wolves
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #861
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i feel like i've been very helpful so far this game. at least given that it's a massive game with confusing mechanics. but if you all want to arrest me and toss me off the rock, go ahead. i just ask all loyal senators to watch carefully and see how things line up when you do that...who votes where. There could very well be a wolf (maybe the 2nd person pushing for me, 1st would be pretty bold, but 2-3 is usually a safe place to hide) in the beginning, and there will prolly a wolf or two in the middle, and then I'd expect one or two to stay away altogether, maybe even to try to defend me.

least that's how i'd play it if i was king of the wolves

Call be crazy and paranoid, but I get a massive traitor trying to cover his ass vibe out of this.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #862
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE THROW BULLET FROM THE ROCK

it's been said before. hasn't been very helpful. very much pissed me off (when i was the damm seer and needed him!) in the cold war game. so it's meta-game on that level, but i'd also rather we kill him if he's quiet, to avoid the wolves who killed him potentially getting that huge cash windfall. although leaving him alive for the wolves to kill we could watch to see who jumped in wealth (odds are that they'd jump a lot i guess)

as for consul votes, has anyone been put forward? i submit myself...fat lot of good that'll do i'm sure with alan and CR and hoops leading a charge against me...but i'd serve if elected.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:18 PM   #863
KWhit
Coordinator

There's no consul election today.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #864
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Call be crazy and paranoid, but I get a massive traitor trying to cover his ass vibe out of this.

crazy and paranoid

SPQR 4 LYFE!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #865
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
as for consul votes, has anyone been put forward? i submit myself...fat lot of good that'll do i'm sure with alan and CR and hoops leading a charge against me...but i'd serve if elected.

lol...leading a charge? Can't speak for the others, but I mentioned you as an arrest possibility not first, not second, but seventh, on a tier below main people I am looking at. If that is a charge, then LSG and bullet must feel like I am a rhino.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #866
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You're not alone. I was kind of like "where the hellus did that come fromus?"
Old 04-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #867
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I'll check the maybe box

Tease.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM   #868
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Lots of thoughts here, all in one post.
3. Autumn - looking to level financial playing field (post #71), asked about system where we don't pick who we sue (post #100). Did you get a horseman from Day 1 bid? (post #155)

I'm just catching up, and I'll probably post a few times. I just wanted to reply to this one:

I didn't get a horseman from the bid. We know (supposedly) who won both of those bids. I bid on the second horseman listed I remember.

Secondly, given that it seems the traitors may have won bids on two of the services (if we go with the theory that that's how they made their kills), leveling the fianncial playing field with lawsuits might still be a good idea. If the field is level, wealthy traitors wouldn't have an advantage. They would have to rely on whatever random factor solves bids between equal Senators. Maybe that's a bad idea, I don't know, but it seems it would help. Unless we know that hte wealthy people are loyal, whcih we don't.

And I suggested randomizing lawsuits because once again, we don't know whether the results of a suit (treasonous information coming out) are public. If not, the traitors could arrange to sue each other and avoid evidence coming out. I have a feeling that might have happened looking at some of the suit records.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #869
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
There's no consul election today.

lol oh. still...wouldn't it make sense to start talking about it so we have more of a idea about it earlier?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #870
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You're not alone. I was kind of like "where the hellus did that come fromus?"

oh it just came from RL putting me in a pissy mood
Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #871
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok finaly finished the 4 pages of reading. it seems my fate is sealed.

someone wanted to know what i did night 1. i did buy someones services and found out something that would make me very useful to the romans, being rich and outbidding anyone for that service every night.

Quote:
it's been said before. hasn't been very helpful. very much pissed me off (when i was the damm seer and needed him!) in the cold war game

hehe DT im pretty sure i told everyone that killing me would be a big mistake in that game. for a seer you should have seen that coming. ironically my role is is very similar in this game as that, but once again yall want to kill me.

Go ahead and kill the wealthiest roman, i wont be the one regreting it later in the game ( my ghost will be laughing).
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #872
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

i shoul note that ive been at work past 2 days so i havnt been in posting much, and besides it isnt like yall are shooting the shit enough for all of us
Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #873
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, there is no edge to be gained right now (I don't think) from taking Day 1 info to your grave if you are in fact a Roman and not a Tarq.

So - spill it!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #874
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Bullet, there is no edge to be gained right now (I don't think) from taking Day 1 info to your grave if you are in fact a Roman and not a Tarq.

So - spill it!
I agree. I'm not home much longer, but if what you say is true I'm willing to try and save you so you can indeed keep a good power out of the bad guy's hands.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #875
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i dont know. ive never "spilled it" about my role or what ive learned in any other game. id hate to start now
Old 04-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #876
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You could always try to hire me...hiring me obviously would help sway votes...as it worked for CW. You need to sway others if you're interested, though.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #877
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cronin: You stated no money enters or leaves the game. Is this true for Swaggs and SnDvls as well? Did their killers become richer?

Their families have inherited their estates. Someday their young sons hope to enter politics, and will need some seed money.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-11-2007 at 05:48 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #878
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well Bullet, you're probably doomed, but if you're loyal, there's no reason not to tell us about the service from Day 1.

On another note, I'm going to follow up on my earlier comments about LoneStarGirl with a lawsuit. Personally I'd like to see her arrested also. There's quiet, and there's way too quiet.

Peregrinus sues Lonestarus Girlus
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #879
Tyrith
College Starter

Bullet, there is zero value to you dying with what you know. You have at least a slight chance of convincing us if you talk.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #880
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Execute Bulletus Spongium Mysterio Rolius

Unless he comes out with more than a mysterious 'I'm Important' line.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #881
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i dont know. ive never "spilled it" about my role or what ive learned in any other game. id hate to start now

what is the value in this if you are playing a game as part of a team...you know that you cant always live forever...everyone has to die at somepoint, and if you really are part of the team, you should tell us what could help us.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #882
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

And how has that worked out for you in the past? Seriously, the game is more fun as you get later in the game and as your actions have more impact on the outcome. Is it really fun dying with a good role early in a game where you could have prevented it by collaborating with people?

In a semi-related note, what part of WW is fun for you as a villager if it isn't trying to figure out a chain of events and drive through the wolf deception?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #883
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

In a semi-related note, what part of WW is fun for you as a villager if it isn't trying to figure out a chain of events and drive through the wolf deception?

I like the social interaction, figuring out funky rules. I'm not into the actual game game. I want to win because I'm competitive and that comes natually, but that's not why I play, at least.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #884
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Their families have inherited their estates. Someday their young sons hope to enter politics, and will need some seed money.
Are you suggesting they may return?

I believe my suit against Swagg's family should be heard.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #885
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Are you suggesting they may return?

No, just having fun with the setting.

knives out

Old 04-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #886
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I still believe my suit should be heard.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #887
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Don't make me hire a lawyer. Wait. Never mind.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #888
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Execute Bulletus Spoogus..

Although, per my past note, I still don't know for a 100% why everyone is nominating him. (Takes awhile to weed through 18 pages....)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #889
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Heh, as a night shift person, it's funny for me to see the break in posting, obvious as it is. Normally, I'm at my serving day job so I am not here to see it.

Yeah, I'm a night guy too. I work from like 10 p.m. - 4-5 a.m. depending on press start and run. I come home and sleep until my wife leaves for work (usually somewhere between 10 a.m. - noon), and then I watch my daughter all day.

This game has been confusing as can be, since I just don't see any rhyme or reason for 90% of what's going on, and I don't have a lot of time to banter.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #890
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Vote Execute Bulletus Spoogus..

Although, per my past note, I still don't know for a 100% why everyone is nominating him. (Takes awhile to weed through 18 pages....)

I'm counting this vote, although do try and bold all votes in the future.

knives out

Old 04-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #891
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Hmmm. You think so? Alright then, let me pick a target at random, just to get involved.

Abeus Anxietius sueth Schmidityus Schmidityus

He's at a higher bracket than me, and it was at random after that. I rolled a die.

Tit for tat.

Schmidityus Schmidityus sues Abeus Anxietius
Old 04-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #892
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By the way, Schmidty, in case you don't know, you're the 2nd best lawyer now.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #893
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote execute Bulletus Spongeus
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #894
Schmidty
Coordinator

Why isn't st.cronin posting a different color? It's making it f'ing difficult for me to sort through things.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #895
Poli
FOFC Survivor

SCHMIDTY ANGRY. SCHMIDTY SMASH!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #896
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I kid. Actually, Schmidty nailed this one. I hadn't even thought of that.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #897
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
SCHMIDTY ANGRY. SCHMIDTY SMASH!

Man, I wish I could play that dumb guy every game.

OH WAIT!!! I do!! I just don't usually post in green caps, and I generally use conjunctions and refer to myself in the first person.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #898
st.cronin
General Manager

Sorry Schmidty. I'll adopt the convention from here out, and I'm editing my old posts.

knives out
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #899
Tyrith
College Starter

Gone until 10 CST or so.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #900
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Sorry Schmidty. I'll adopt the convention from here out, and I'm editing my old posts.

BAN HIM! He's editing posts!