Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #651
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Um...I didn't have a Day 1 throwaway vote...I couldn't get on in time to vote that day. So are you analyzing? Or simply feeding the wolves?

I voted for Pass and EF - so what? I've seen many villagers that tend to have very poor voting records and wolves that have had some of the best voting records...You're looking at the wrong one if you're looking at me - that you can be sure of.

My quote was: "Looking back at D1, both had throwaway votes and gave out of game reasons for them so there's not much I can say there." I meant that in a 'I'm not going to analyze this one way or another' as opposed to 'These guys are shady'. I'd like to hear what you're thinking about who the wolves are. You've been pretty quiet.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #652
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For what it's worth, I don't see hoops as a wolf. Take that as you will because I've been wrong every other time this game, but I say that in part because I have a similar crappy voting record and I'm a villager, I think his analysis has been pretty sound about where the votes should go earlier today. I will say though, if he really is a wolf, I think it implicates Jets as one because:

1. Jets voted for Pass on D2.
2. On D1 when it was tied at 1-1-1-1 between myself, Danny, Jets, and Pass, he made a (admittedly small) push for votes on myself and Pass, two villagers. Was he trying to shield Danny and Jets or just Danny?

Also, I would say clap and hoops are kind of linked. If one of them is bad, the other is mostly cleared based on their voting. I would lean towards clap being bad currently of the two, again with the caveat that I'm 0 for 3.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #653
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

If hoops is a wolf, Jets and lerriuqs would be primary suspects (I'm excepting myself of course), with ntn and TheNorm also not looking great.

Can you explain this to me? I'm assuming it's because when it was tied I could have pushed the vote towards Hoops but kept it on Pass instead?

Weren't you the one who threw in a late vote for Pass?

VOTE JAG

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #654
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

(JAG, I just realized you are my ex-girlfriend! This makes it SO much more interesting. )

Old 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #655
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Lisa Turtle > Kelly Kapowski

you are insane
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #656
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Can you explain this to me? I'm assuming it's because when it was tied I could have pushed the vote towards Hoops but kept it on Pass instead?

Weren't you the one who threw in a late vote for Pass?

VOTE JAG

See my post 652 for reasons why if hoops is a wolf I would lean towards suspecting you. And yes, not 1 but 2 late votes on Pass. What can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
(JAG, I just realized you are my ex-girlfriend! This makes it SO much more interesting. )

I did kind of chuckle as well, I remember that was why I voted for you D1.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #657
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
See my post 652 for reasons why if hoops is a wolf I would lean towards suspecting you. And yes, not 1 but 2 late votes on Pass. What can I say?

Okay, so your reasons are:

1) I voted for Pass. (So did you, and you did it later on to break up the tie)
2) I voted for you on D1. (Simply because you voted for me.)

I don't really think those arguments hold any water.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

NFG, I'll never willing play "under the radar" - it just is not how I'm wired for these games. Villager or wolf, I'm going to play as out in the open as possible. I've just had some significant work issues, along with a smattering of non-work stuff, that has drastically limited my availability over the last three days.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #659
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Also, I would say clap and hoops are kind of linked. If one of them is bad, the other is mostly cleared based on their voting. I would lean towards clap being bad currently of the two, again with the caveat that I'm 0 for 3.

Is that linkage based on anything other than him voting for me today?

From where I sit, I know that I'm a villager and worry that this is an attempt to create a chain reaction of villager/villager. So help me see the argument, other than him putting a vote on me today.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #660
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You can't conceive of why if you and hoops were both wolves and I was a villager that he would want to steer the voting towards Pass (villager) and myself (villager) and away from you (wolf) and Danny (sub-wolf)? Here's the post from hoops after it was 1-1-1-1 you-me-Pass-Danny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Quote:
Oh Rog, you're SOOOO sweet...*giggles*

Um, I don't know who the killer could be, but my ex is icky.

VOTE JetsIn06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Sorry I didn't check in last night, guys -- I was at the club. I'll throw in a vote for my brother.

VOTE MARTIND

Far be it for me to discourage anyone from role-playing - but we are in the process of trying to save lives here. Maybe we could put aside some of our petty grudges and concentrate on keeping people from getting whacked by an insane, possessing, dead janitor?

If I had to guess, an insane, possessing, dead janitor would try to get us to turn on one another by targeting our juvenile high school jealousies. And while I may not be the President of any of your fan clubs, I'm going to try and keep an open mind here.

I'll speculate that one of the two opening voters is a possessed student trying to blend in. Eenie, meenie, miney, moe - the club kid gets my Day 1 vote.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
Old 07-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #661
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm caught up on the whole 1 1/12 pages from last night and today.

The way I look at it, I have two options - hoops or on the other side, TheNorm.

I thought hoops analysis about the votes on Danny made sense, but I also agree that there's something weird about hoops this game, and his voting record isn't great (neither is mine of course). So basically, I think it's going to come down to which side I believe.

We'll see.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #662
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, if you are a wolf you are doing a very nice job of playing the "villager trying to make sense of patterns" in the thread. I've pretty much clinched in my head that I'm not going to vote for you today unless I absolutely have to for self-defense reasons.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #663
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is that linkage based on anything other than him voting for me today?

From where I sit, I know that I'm a villager and worry that this is an attempt to create a chain reaction of villager/villager. So help me see the argument, other than him putting a vote on me today.

The vote today (opening with a vote on you, seems odd if you're together) and the vote on D2:

Day Two:

Passacaglia - 7 (Eaglefan 305, JetsIn06 332, lerriuqs 341, PB 346, path12 365, JAG 373, hoops 380)
hoopsguy - 6 (Passacaglia 340, MartinD 344, Jackal 353, clap 354, nfg22 355, Schmidty 367, Lathum 390)

It was 4-3 Pass when he voted for you. Is he really tying the vote on you when you're both wolves? I think it's much more likely that one is or the other is. If you're both villagers, then Jackal would have to be a wolf unless you want to explore no wolves voting on Pass D1, which I frankly find unlikely. If you're in the camp that think 2+ wolves were on Pass, then your vote should go to Jackal from what I'm saying.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #664
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, my initial though this morning was to go with Jackal for the vote. That was based on voting records to create the smaller set of people to review (him, Clap, and you) and then going with vibe from there. Obviously the quick vote from Clap got my attention this morning, but I try not to take that type of thing personally and let it distract me from making what I think are good votes.

I'll give it a go for now:

VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #665
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
JAG, my initial though this morning was to go with Jackal for the vote. That was based on voting records to create the smaller set of people to review (him, Clap, and you) and then going with vibe from there. Obviously the quick vote from Clap got my attention this morning, but I try not to take that type of thing personally and let it distract me from making what I think are good votes.

VOTE THE JACKAL

So are you just throwing out your own analysis about the votes on Danny, and the fact that at least one wolf would have voted for him? Hmmm...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #666
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG, if you are a wolf you are doing a very nice job of playing the "villager trying to make sense of patterns" in the thread. I've pretty much clinched in my head that I'm not going to vote for you today unless I absolutely have to for self-defense reasons.

I would rather not vote for you today as well, which is why I'm trying to throw out some alternative routes to think of.

I'm going to throw this out there to the people voting for hoops (and now that I say it, it will taint things for the future). To this point the wolves have been pretty straightforward with everything. They have slutted two people we know are villagers. They have killed people who voted for Danny and appear to be trusted as a result of those D1 votes. There are a lot of people under the radar currently with not much in the way of posts or giving out much info. My votes suck, but at least I've tried to help out as much as possible despite that. I think we need to be looking more to people who are trying to escape notice.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #667
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
So are you just throwing out your own analysis about the votes on Danny, and the fact that at least one wolf would have voted for him? Hmmm...

Schmidty, he didn't throw out his analysis at all. Read this excerpt:

Quote:
3.) If you don't think that the Blakekin would have had anyone on Danny, then you should be relentlessly voting for the people on Pass that day. I know that I'm not possessed, so that leaves you with Clap, Jackal, and JAG as the best options for that vote.

Even if you think that the wolves would have had one vote on Danny (but not two) there is still a very high likelihood of 1+ wolf vote on Pass from Day 1. So my strong inclination is to vote there.

He went where his strong inclination was.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #668
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ah, my bad.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #669
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm still sticking with my two options though.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #670
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I'm going with hoops here. I believe there could possibly be 2+ wolves among clap / Jackal / hoops and there's almost assuredly at least 1. If I'm going to think this out rationally and assume hoops is good (based on vibe more than record admittedly, and if I'm wrong, then kudos to hoops for his performance, I won't be the first one ever fooled), then I have to pick between Jackal and clap. If either turn up wolf at this point, hoops looks pretty good. Jackal had the late D1 vote on Pass so he's a slightly more guilty-looking wolf.

UNVOTE LERRIUQS
VOTE JACKAL
Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #671
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

And now I'll finally shut up for a while.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #672
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
My quote was: "Looking back at D1, both had throwaway votes and gave out of game reasons for them so there's not much I can say there." I meant that in a 'I'm not going to analyze this one way or another' as opposed to 'These guys are shady'. I'd like to hear what you're thinking about who the wolves are. You've been pretty quiet.

I tend to be quiet for about two or three days and have had other things working against me so far this game that have prevented me from spending any real time on it. For wolves, I'll need to do some more digging first...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #673
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

Well, if you pursue the Danny line of thought do you think that two wolves voted for him? If so, you can't go wrong voting there.

If you think one, and only one, wolf voted for Danny then you put the vote there. But that still leaves several other wolves (at least two more?) and where would they have put their votes? Almost certainly one (or more) would have been on the runner-up?

Yesterday I went with what I thought was the best line of analysis. Since then we've had two more dead villager (EF and Lathum) who voted for Danny show up. So I've had to recognize that and react accordingly.

If NFG is a wolf, why does he drop the first vote on Danny when there were a ton of other candidates out there?

I think TheNorm is a more likely wolf of those two Danny-voting candidates, but I have a really hard time reading guys who don't post much. But, push comes to shove, I don't think that the wolves were suggesting to TheNorm to bury a vote on Danny in the middle of a flurry of votes where there were certainly other options to be had. It isn't as important, I don't think, for a quiet player to build trust early. It is more important for volume posters like EF and Lathum to get that trust because they are more likely to be seer scans (a good vote may deter a scan) and more likely to be lynched based on people disagreeing with their logic.

So have I talked myself out of either being a wolf? Nope, but I do think that there are probably better percentage plays out there. Which is why I went for one of the Pass voters from Day 1 today.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #674
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Alright, I'm going with hoops here. I believe there could possibly be 2+ wolves among clap / Jackal / hoops and there's almost assuredly at least 1. If I'm going to think this out rationally and assume hoops is good (based on vibe more than record admittedly, and if I'm wrong, then kudos to hoops for his performance, I won't be the first one ever fooled), then I have to pick between Jackal and clap. If either turn up wolf at this point, hoops looks pretty good. Jackal had the late D1 vote on Pass so he's a slightly more guilty-looking wolf.

UNVOTE LERRIUQS
VOTE JACKAL

Your late vote on Pass is much more suspicious than mine and you've voted for a villager everyday. I'm not exactly sure why hoops is after me here, but you were one of my consierations anyways.

VOTE JAG
Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #675
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

VOTE THE JACKAL

Did you not find JAG's vote more suspicious than mine? I've already laid out the explanation here.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #676
The Jackal
Coordinator

And why is it that I'm a likelier wolf than lerriuqs or Schmidty, who sealed the seer's fate..?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #677
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean, even EF pointed out hoops and JAG's votes before he died.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #678
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm a little distracted but I'll check in to answer any questions posed.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #679
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, honestly I'm giving JAG a little more of a pass because it feels like he is trying to make sense of the game than you or Clap.

If I was suddenly given proof that you are not a Blakekin then I am pretty sure I would be switching the vote from you to Clap before JAG. If both you and Clap were immediately shown to be good then the vote would go to JAG.

Obviously this is very hypothetical given our seer and jr. seer being dead.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #680
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
And why is it that I'm a likelier wolf than lerriuqs or Schmidty, who sealed the seer's fate..?

Quote:
I mean, even EF pointed out hoops and JAG's votes before he died.

It is these types of posts that are contributing more to my unease with you in comparison to Clap. For better or worse, it feels like Clap is playing his usual game. I don't like that I'm his vote right now, but I don't think he is being any more elusive than normal with his posting.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #681
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean I don't see any new info coming out unless NTN is the drug abuser and was made seer for a night.

I've certainly been trying to make sense of the game. I'm not sure why you think I haven't - JAG has had a few good posts in terms of analysis, but I've been offering plenty.

And I'm not sure why you are going after clap either, exactly? I know he voted for you, but what's the case on him?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #682
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
It is these types of posts that are contributing more to my unease with you in comparison to Clap. For better or worse, it feels like Clap is playing his usual game. I don't like that I'm his vote right now, but I don't think he is being any more elusive than normal with his posting.

And it sounds to me like you are misrepresenting posts of mine to raise suspicion. Why are those suspicious?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #683
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm not sure how other people are feeling but I mean two of our leading candidates to be lynched are both suddenly on me, and that's what I'm seeing. If I was a wolf I had plenty of chances to kill EF, switch on to Danny to gain trust, etc..
Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #684
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm just going to stick with JAG, because I really still can't ignore that day one vote to tie it with Danny on the block, and add to that the fact that the rest of his voting history hasn't been good.. I'm semi-confident he's bad.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #685
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, I've got you lumped in with JAG and Clap as the three remaining people who are alive that voted for Pass on Day 1 (well, I'm in the list too but I know my loyalties). I think that is the most natural spot for a wolf to have voted on Day 1, which is the only day with any voting value for me at the moment.

Everyone else gets to evaluate the voting a little differently. I know I'm a villager, so I know that it was villager/villager on Day 2. But others analyzing the vote can't make that assumption.

Hmm, I've just had a thought - going to do a little post review.

Jackal, I'm very willing to continue this line of conversation. I think it may have just helped me out with something ...
Old 07-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #686
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I hope it's helped you to something positive for us.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #687
The Jackal
Coordinator

And I guess that makes sense, looking at votes on Pass. I've offered why my vote was there many times, and I feel like it was a much less suspicious vote than JAG's, but that's all I really have to go on with him. I guess I have no read on clap.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #688
MartinD
High School Varsity

Catching up with what's happened so far today - will post my thoughts in a wee while.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #689
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im not sold on anyone too much but voting records are implicating a group....
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #690
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Well, I hope it's helped you to something positive for us.

Well, I'm hoping it is positive for "us" as well - if "us" = students.

My thought was that JAG would have to be reviewing the results without the knowledge that I'm a wolf. I've certainly been looking hard at the Day 1 results because I know that Day 2 was villager/villager but no other villagers should be armed with similar knowledge. So if JAG wasn't giving that a lot of attention with his vote analysis posts then that would be a smoking gun that he is a wolf.

But going back, his initial vote posts this morning start with a focus on the Day 2 vote. His initial vote is predicated by his assumptions coming out of that vote analysis. He changed votes when I talked with him about my Day 1 thoughts. So his posts up to this point are consistent with a villager trying to make sense of results. Further cementing, in my mind, that I will not be voting for him today.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #691
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess I can follow your thinking, but again, neither of you are cleared, so it's hard to take this without a grain of salt.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #692
The Jackal
Coordinator

Let me see what the count looks like
Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #693
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Hoops...question...were you in the "Pass had two wolves on him" camp?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #694
The Jackal
Coordinator

JAG - 4 (PB 641, lerriuqs 643, jets 653, Jackal 674)
hoops - 2 (clap 623, nfg 650)
Jackal - 2 (hoops 664, JAG 670)

no vote: TheNorm, MartinD, NTN, Schmidty
Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #695
hoopsguy
General Manager

NFG - realistically, I have no idea how many wolves were on Pass on Day 1.

However, there are only two players alive right now that voted for Danny on Day 1. They are you and TheNorm. I'm having a hard time figuring out the logic for either one of you voting, as a wolf, for Danny in those spots. So I'm probably more in the "2 wolves on Pass D1" camp now than I was at this time yesterday.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #696
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
However, there are only two players alive right now that voted for Danny on Day 1. They are you and TheNorm.

I know that I tried to revive Lathum but I think you've killed me prematurely.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #697
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
NFG - realistically, I have no idea how many wolves were on Pass on Day 1.

However, there are only two players alive right now that voted for Danny on Day 1. They are you and TheNorm. I'm having a hard time figuring out the logic for either one of you voting, as a wolf, for Danny in those spots. So I'm probably more in the "2 wolves on Pass D1" camp now than I was at this time yesterday.

OK. I thought people were talking about D2 with the votes on pass...but it was day 1. OK im not confused anymore.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #698
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops - two uncleared players alive. Sorry about that ...
Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #699
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

One other thing, IMHO, right now our most valuable member is ntn with his ability to become a seer at random so I look forward to seeing his vote.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #700
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I know that I tried to revive Lathum but I think you've killed me prematurely.

I appreciate you taking the heat off me though but it was very obvious picking a dead player .