Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #701
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I was slutted last night. Which is just fine with me as they did not stop me from doing anything that would have been pro-village.

This struck me as a bit odd - seems like a very strange way to describe this (in that it appears to be leaving open the possibility of doing things that would have been bad for the village).

This could be me making something out of nothing, though, as I do tend towards being a bit pedantic at times
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #702
hoopsguy
General Manager

Martin - I wanted it to be a little bit nebulous in order to mess with the wolves.

There is no way that I made a good night kill target last night, given all the heat that I should be taking today for my role down the stretch with last nights lynch. But in future nights I might have actually earned a little bit of trust and I want the wolves to be worried about what I may (or may not) be able to do.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #703
TheNorm
Mascot

Are we really sure that ntn is in the clear?
Personally I find Schmidty's vote last night suspicious, but all the same am about as confused as I was yesterday. hoops also is setting off my spidey sense.
...and like I said earlier, I'm not saying Kelly Kapowski isn't attractive--just that Lisa was more attractive.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #704
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Are we really sure that ntn is in the clear?
Personally I find Schmidty's vote last night suspicious, but all the same am about as confused as I was yesterday. hoops also is setting off my spidey sense.
...and like I said earlier, I'm not saying Kelly Kapowski isn't attractive--just that Lisa was more attractive.

Of course my vote was suspicious - I was the one who put the nail in the coffin for EF. I can't deny it.

Having said that, and this is not retaliation, but:

VOTE THENORM
Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #705
The Jackal
Coordinator

No NTN is definitely not in the clear, but as no one has refuted his role, and since it seems like a role Abe would probably include, I think we sort've agreed there were better candidates. But he is definitely not cleared.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #706
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Martin - I wanted it to be a little bit nebulous in order to mess with the wolves.

Fair enough - you know a lot more about how to play this game than I do...

That said, I doubt I'll be able to contribute much tonight - feeling pretty tired, and am struggling to take anything in while I'm reading through the thread. I'll try to work through it enough to post a vote, but don't expect much more than that.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #707
The Jackal
Coordinator

The longer NTN stays alive the more suspicious he becomes, I guess, because if he's telling the truth the wolves will want to eliminate any potential seer, even if it's just one scan.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #708
The Jackal
Coordinator

Frankly I'm surprised you aren't drawing more heat than you have for that vote, Schmidty, but I guess people felt like going after JAG/hoops was a better plan, as some said last night they would.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #709
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Fair enough - you know a lot more about how to play this game than I do...

Eh - I do dumb things all the time in this game. I outsmart myself at least as often as I outsmart others.

I obviously misread EagleFan down the stretch last night, for example. But I will almost always be pretty clear about my train of thought, right or wrong, when asked.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #710
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Frankly I'm surprised you aren't drawing more heat than you have for that vote, Schmidty, but I guess people felt like going after JAG/hoops was a better plan, as some said last night they would.

I'm surprised too, but I will say this - If I were a wolf, that late vote would have been an awful move. Why would a wolf create suspicion where there wouldn't have been any if I had stayed the course?
Old 07-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #711
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I agree that I should not be in the clear. And I do have a suspect. this is from voting analysis more than anything else...well sort of voting analysis. more like post analysis. From the time that EF declared his seerhood and the deadline, 3 people posted that either put their votes on EF or had them there and did not change them.
Now Hoops and Schmidty have been talked about for those reasons already, so we don't have to say much else about those two. The one we haven't talked about in this regard is the current vote getter JAG. He was already on EF when the claim was made. Now Hoops made a fairly compelling argument why he voted EF after the fact. And I think Schmidty went along for the ride there. But I find it hard to believe that not one of the three did not want to give a even possible seer the benefit of the doubt.

Having said this I really have little choice today and make it more of a landslide.
Vote JAG
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #712
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

UNVOTE JAG

VOTE Jackal

I don't want to see this be a runaway on us right yet...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #713
MartinD
High School Varsity

Going back to my Chapter 4/Night 2 vote:

VOTE HOOPSGUY

Can't really offer any reasons, because that would involve thinking, which seems to be surprisingly difficult for me at the moment...

I'm done for the night - will catch up with what's happened in the morning.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #714
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Of course my vote was suspicious - I was the one who put the nail in the coffin for EF. I can't deny it.

Having said that, and this is not retaliation, but:

VOTE THENORM

Roffle.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #715
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Roffle.

?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #716
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
UNVOTE JAG

VOTE Jackal

I don't want to see this be a runaway on us right yet...

So you just don't want this to be a runaway? Why me and not hoops?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #717
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
So you just don't want this to be a runaway? Why me and not hoops?

Right now I believe that we were in a villager/villager in Day 2.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #718
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think the vote is 4-3-3-1 with JAG ahead of me/Jackal ahead of TheNorm.

TheNorm still has his vote in hand, correct?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #719
The Jackal
Coordinator

I believe so
Old 07-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #720
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #721
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, since it looks like my vote is pointless right now, I'll do this:

Unvote TheNorm
Old 07-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #722
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Go village.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #723
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And why is it that I'm a likelier wolf than lerriuqs or Schmidty, who sealed the seer's fate..?

I actually have a good bit of trust for Schmidty but it's kind of involved.

Before he revealed as a vanilla villager, to that point we had only seen villagers with roles (seer, jr. seer, rabble rouser, and mischief maker). I was actually wondering whether there were any vanilla villagers in the game and thought Abe might've only added that line in the rules because of the potential that the unknown wolf could be in the game (which we found out there was N1). I feel like if he was going to come out with fake revealing, he would've chosen a roled villager at that point. When Lathum died, he was revealed as vanilla, so therefore that lends more credence that he's telling the truth in my mind.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #724
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's kind of flimsy being that vanilla villager can only be proven by death, just like roles in the game, and won't be disputed, but it's moot because Schmidty isn't in the running today.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #725
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I actually have a good bit of trust for Schmidty but it's kind of involved.

Before he revealed as a vanilla villager, to that point we had only seen villagers with roles (seer, jr. seer, rabble rouser, and mischief maker). I was actually wondering whether there were any vanilla villagers in the game and thought Abe might've only added that line in the rules because of the potential that the unknown wolf could be in the game (which we found out there was N1). I feel like if he was going to come out with fake revealing, he would've chosen a roled villager at that point. When Lathum died, he was revealed as vanilla, so therefore that lends more credence that he's telling the truth in my mind.

Okay...well I don't remember you revealing yourself to be anything yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But what this post tells me is you are either a wolf or a villager with a role.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #726
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

And right now I'm leaning towards Wolf.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #727
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I know that I tried to revive Lathum but I think you've killed me prematurely.

I laughed.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #728
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's kind of flimsy being that vanilla villager can only be proven by death, just like roles in the game, and won't be disputed, but it's moot because Schmidty isn't in the running today.

What I'm saying is, it wasn't publicly known there weren't vanilla villagers in the game, he came out and revealed as one, then it was publicly shown that there were. It's moot for now, but in case I die I wanted to get it out there.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #729
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post

Vote Poli
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #730
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Okay...well I don't remember you revealing yourself to be anything yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But what this post tells me is you are either a wolf or a villager with a role.

I know mentioning it forced me to reveal that I have a role, but I couldn't otherwise show why I thought Schmidty was worthy of trust. I don't think it's a good idea to reveal the role though (and this goes to everyone now that the seers are dead) because there are a few roles out there that would be bad for the wolves to know, with maybe one exception.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #731
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, meant 'in the event that I survive the voting, I would rather not have said the role to keep the wolves from having that knowledge.'
Old 07-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #732
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm likely out until the last hour or so prior to the lynch. I know that my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, due to my very uncleared nature, but I don't think that JAG is the right horse today and I know that I'm not (any day).

Hope to have time to discuss any/all of this in more depth leading up to the lynch.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #733
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm on either JAG or Hoops for today (may move between the two) but I'm likely staying on either one for better or worse. I'll be on and off, trying to make homemade gyros...we'll see how that goes.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #734
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think I've left out much in the way of analysis I've thought of that could be of use. I'd like to think I can say I've been helpful to the village to this point in laying out my thoughts and trying to set the record straight when I saw something that didn't jive from the start of the game. If I get lynched, use my posts from today with the addition of the night kill info as a road map of my insights.

I also strongly think hoops should not be the vote tonight. Unfortunately it doesn't look promising for either of us, but I'd really much rather a run-off between Jackal and I than hoops and I.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #735
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm going with Jackal for now.

Vote The Jackal
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #736
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, I'm going with Jackal for now.

Vote The Jackal

Ooops.

Vote The Jackal
Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #737
The Jackal
Coordinator

Any.. explanation?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #738
The Jackal
Coordinator

I understand why hoops and jag are on me, but I mean common, their voting records are not good. I don't see how mine is worse. You are voting for me because hoops wants to go after other people that voted for Pass but wont vote for jag? It's a lot of faith in an uncleared person who's been on the block most of the game.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #739
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean Schmidty, you are following two of the people you followed in getting EF lynched yesterday, on top of the poor vote records. Our only cleared person is set on these two. I'm mildly baffled.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #740
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was around for the full deadline yesterday, I could've switched at anytime to nail EF's coffin and seemingly as Schmidty is showing not have gotten much attention for it. Why wouldn't I have just ended the seer's life instead of playing with chance?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #741
The Jackal
Coordinator

if I was a wolf, that is
Old 07-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #742
Schmidty
Coordinator

Because I was going to vote between TheNorm and hoops, but since no one else is voting for Norm, I substituted you since you seem to be in the thick of it as far as getting votes. You kept bringing up my name, which I don't really blame you for I guess, so that didn't help. Also, the fact that JAG seems to know something, and has stuck for me, I'm going to side with him. My preference would still be TheNorm, but that isn't happening today.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #743
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Because I was going to vote between TheNorm and hoops, but since no one else is voting for Norm, I substituted you since you seem to be in the thick of it as far as getting votes. You kept bringing up my name, which I don't really blame you for I guess, so that didn't help. Also, the fact that JAG seems to know something, and has stuck for me, I'm going to side with him. My preference would still be TheNorm, but that isn't happening today.

So why me over hoops if you are suspicious of hoops? Hoops is the one accusing me, that doesn't make any sense.

And notice though I've been bringing up your name I never voted for you or anything. I'm just trying to make sense of this day and it seems like we've been lead off point.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #744
Schmidty
Coordinator

You're right, Jackal, I could be getting played, and I understand what you're saying. I don't know. Maybe I'll switch to hoops. We'll see.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #745
The Jackal
Coordinator

I just wanted to at least have a little discussion with you, which you have, because I hate it when people vote without saying anything.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #746
Schmidty
Coordinator

I think my WW title should be The Sheep.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #747
The Jackal
Coordinator

So thank you for showing me your thought process, we'll see what other people think in the last hour and a half here.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #748
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im thinking of switching my vote off of hoops to be relevant but I dont think Jackal or JAG is certainly a wolf...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #749
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Im thinking of switching my vote off of hoops to be relevant but I dont think Jackal or JAG is certainly a wolf...

Well, if we could get something going for TheNorm, I'd be ok with considering that.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #750
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Just FYI, I have no scan knowledge or anything like that (I would've revealed such info if I did have it), I'm simply playing the percentages based on a combo of analysis and gut. If hoops were going to guess someone as a wolf who voted for Pass, I would think he would take aim at clap since clap has gone after him a couple times or me because my voting record is worse than yours. So I'm fairly confident that hoops is good. I haven't seen anything from Jackal today that would change my mind that this is a good bet for a wolf.