Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League! (Draft Finished! Set Lineups!)

Draft is complete! Make sure to adjust your roster and set your lineups

New clock rules are in effect

New clock rules. Once we hit Monday morning, the 6 hour time limit is now down to 2. We need to get the draft going. Pass along lists when you can. We really need to finish up this week and we have a lot of rounds to go. Also, there are no more morning rules. If someone took picked at 8:15pm CT the night before and thus only left 15 minutes on the clock, that's all you get in the morning (until 8:15am CT as opposed to 9am).

If you miss a pick and get CPU picked, you will be a CPU pick until you check into the thread (post that you're back or something- doesn't have to be elaborate). That's particularly annoying if you're a 1/2 pick (sami, me, cbf, travis) but that way we're not waiting 4 hours for 2 closely missed picks.

The clock has been changed. We will be using Central Time rather than Eastern Time to make it easier on everyone. Everything else remains the same. So here's how the rules should look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules
There are 6 hour time limits between the hours of 8am CT and 10pm CT on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we almost always have to a couple of times during the draft.

If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 9am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 10am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 6 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

We've begun in earnest now. Hard clock is in place, starting at 8am this morning.

Draft order is finalized. Soft start Thursday and then clock starts for real at 8am ET Friday.

Sign up period begins! Owners from last season have until midnight (12:01am ET) Tuesday (so, Monday night/Tuesday morning) to sign in. Tuesday morning, I'll populate the league with people from the waiting list. If there are still spots, then it's opened up to everyone. So, if you're new, you'll want to get on the waiting list now. If you're returning, best not to dawdle.

*If you were in the league last season, go ahead and join. Post your Team Name and Draft Number in this thread. Please don't join until you've done that so I know who has joined the league. Otherwise, if you join and don't post here, I'll have to kick you on Tuesday.
*If you were not in the league last season, you'll be on the waiting list until Tuesday. Put down a team name but don't pick a draft number. You'll have to pick one from the remaining ones on Tuesday.
*If you were in the league last year but don't want to play this year, PM me or post here, if you could. That way I have a decent handle on the number of open spots.

Remember- your draft number is not what position you pick. That is based on my text file. If you picked, say, 1- you don't get to pick first (unless the text file has #1 in the first position).

Please wait to sign up until indicated. Still working on posts below

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-01-2010 at 12:24 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Introduction

Introduction

Ok, I've gone back and forth this year about the league. With my current job situation, I worry that I'll be trying to balance too much but this is one of those things I just like to do, along with the Alternate Rules Football League (2009, 2007, 2006, 2005) so we're going to go ahead with it. For those unfamiliar, the FOFC Baseball League is going to be in its 5th year (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006) and returning owners get precedence over new owners. However, there are usually a couple of teams that don't return and inactive teams are barred from continuing. Last year, no teams were inactive so everyone has a spot if they want it but that's rarely how things work out.

Once the draft is done, there's not much maintenance for the league but the draft is a giant, up front time sink. I would like to ask for a volunteer, if there's someone who wants to. Basically, I'm looking for a co-commish or commish helper for the draft. There are pretty much two duties:
1) Keep the draft moving: We've always had the rule that anyone can make the computer pick if the clock is up but no one really wants to do it. I hope people are more open to doing that this year- if someone hasn't made their pick in the time allowed, please make the Yahoo pick for them (myself included, if I'm late!). You're not being a bad guy, you're just keeping the league going. But, as a backup, I'd like one person who can help keep things going and people won't feel pressured about doing that.
2) Keep the picks updated: There's an option in Yahoo to change commissioners that I hope I don't have to use. But if someone is online all day and wants to keep the draft board completely updated or, if I have a couple of crazy days in a row, can do it on a temporary basis- that would be greatly appreciated.

I kindof had to rush this and will be up in DC this weekend so there maybe be some edits to the above. But I wanted to get it out there for people. More than any year in the past, I beg your patience with this league as it's tough to balance but this league is always fun so I think worth it.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-08-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through midnight of Tuesday Mar 9th (let's say 12:01am on Tuesday), they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I have saved a text file to my desktop with 12 numbers that will determine the draft order. I will take whatever the last number is.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. With a couple of name free agents out there, we're probably going to wait another week or two. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting the morning of Wednesday March 10th.

There are 6 hour time limits between the hours of 8am ET and 10pm ET on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we almost always have to a couple of times during the draft.

If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 9am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 10am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 6 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

Opening Day is Apr 4th. If the draft is not complete by Thursday April 1st at noon, we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Thursday April 1st, starting at 7pm CT. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

I hate to lay down some of these rules but we're going to be drafting over 250 players so we need to get it done in a timely fashion.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Rule Changes
There was lukewarm support, at best, for keeper. Since I won't be able to spend as much time, I'm going to go against doing a keeper league this year. Clean slate and go for it all!

In Yahoo, there is no way I could find to make playoffs two weeks, a suggestion almost universally liked. Unfortunately, it's not available. So we're just going to have to pretend that makes it more like baseball where the best team doesn't always win because of a small sample size playoffs compared to a large sample size regular season.

I went with the same 7 categories and same IP limits as I think they were ok once people got used to them. If you're new to the league, it's a weekly scoring system with a minimum of 42IP between 5 SP, 2 RP, and 1 P (either SP or RP). If you do the quick math, that means you need 7 IP in 6 starts to get there or else you might lose all of your pitching points for the week. This keeps people from stacking their team with a cheap ace or two to stack the rate stats and ignore the counting stats while concentrating on hitting for the rest of their early draft.

I decided to add divisions. Frankly, I don't think they mean much but I thought it looked cooler and would give us something more to talk about. We still have 6 playoffs teams advancing and beyond the division winners, they just pick the top 4 teams, regardless of division. That means it's pretty much superficial unless somehow the strongest 6 teams are all in one division.

Oh, and lastly- minor tweak to the rosters as I added a second C but didn't add an RP (for reasons posted last year).

Everyone good with the rule changes?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-11-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Rules

Scoring & Settings

Setting Value
League ID#: 393495
League Name: FOFC Hardcore
Password: dola
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo..../fofc_hardcore
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: Wait until called up to Majors
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 1, 2010
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 42
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 14 days from Sep 20 to Oct 3
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-06-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft Order

Remember - if you're from last year, put your team name and number. I have a list of numbers on my desktop which is the draft order (no, if you pick 1, you don't pick 1st- you pick in whatever order #1 is on that list).

If you're on the waiting list, don't post a number yet.

Draft Order
1) 6 Hartford Heroes (samifan24)
2) 12 Richmond Rhinocerii (sterlingice)
3) 7 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826)
4) 1 Road Kill Cafe (Danny)
5) 11 Freud's Psychos (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding)
6) 2 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah)
7) 10 Skipstache (MizzouRah's Evil Twin)
8) 5 Queens Bees (Ramzavail)
9) 8 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic)
10) 4 Blacksburg Transit (Toddzilla)
11) 3 CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan)
12) 9 Hunters (Travis)

Original Numbers (Bold Means they have joined Yahoo)
1 Road Kill Cafe (Danny)
2 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah)
3 CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan)
4 Blacksburg Transit (Toddzilla)
5 Queens Bees (Ramzavail)
6 Hartford Heroes (samifan24)
7 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826)
8 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic)
9 Hunters (Travis)
10 Skipstache (MizzouRah's Evil Twin)
11 Freud's Psychos (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding)
12 Richmond Rhinocerii (sterlingice)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-14-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Updates

I think I need one more after this

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-06-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2010 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft

Round 1
1. Albert Pujols Hartford Heroes
2. Hanley Ramírez Richmond Rhi...
3. Álex Rodríguez Insomniacs
4. Ryan Braun Road Kill Cafe
5. Prince Fielder Freud's Psychos
6. Mark Teixeira Troy Trojans
7. Chase Utley Skipstache
8. Tim Lincecum Queens Bees
9. Miguel Cabrera Killing Me S...
10. Matt Kemp Blacksburg T...
11. Joe Mauer CleBrownsFan
12. Ryan Howard Hunters
Round 2
1. Troy Tulowitzki Hunters
2. Roy Halladay CleBrownsFan
3. Carl Crawford Blacksburg T...
4. Evan Longoria Killing Me S...
5. Zack Greinke Queens Bees
6. Matt Holliday Skipstache
7. Pablo Sandoval Troy Trojans
8. Félix Hernández Freud's Psychos
9. David Wright Road Kill Cafe
10. Kevin Youkilis Insomniacs
11. Ian Kinsler Richmond Rhi...
12. Justin Upton Hartford Heroes
Round 3
1. Jimmy Rollins Hartford Heroes
2. Mark Reynolds Richmond Rhi...
3. Joey Votto Insomniacs
4. CC Sabathia Road Kill Cafe
5. Kendry Morales Freud's Psychos
6. Ryan Zimmerman Troy Trojans
7. Víctor Martínez Skipstache
8. Jacoby Ellsbury Queens Bees
9. Dustin Pedroia Killing Me S...
10. Adam Dunn Blacksburg T...
11. Grady Sizemore CleBrownsFan
12. Aramis Ramírez Hunters
Round 4
1. Ben Zobrist Hunters
2. Derek Jeter CleBrownsFan
3. Jonathan Broxton Blacksburg T...
4. Jon Lester Killing Me S...
5. Robinson Canó Queens Bees
6. Adrián González Skipstache
7. B.J. Upton Troy Trojans
8. Justin Verlander Freud's Psychos
9. Dan Haren Road Kill Cafe
10. Brandon Phillips Insomniacs
11. Brian McCann Richmond Rhi...
12. Jayson Werth Hartford Heroes
Round 5
1. Adam Lind Hartford Heroes
2. Johan Santana Richmond Rhi...
3. Andre Ethier Insomniacs
4. Justin Morneau Road Kill Cafe
5. Clayton Kershaw Freud's Psychos
6. Aaron Hill Troy Trojans
7. Chris Carpenter Skipstache
8. Adam Wainwright Queens Bees
9. Nick Markakis Killing Me S...
10. Cole Hamels Blacksburg T...
11. Cliff Lee CleBrownsFan
12. Josh Johnson Hunters
Round 6
1. Tommy Hanson Hunters
2. Brian Roberts CleBrownsFan
3. Howie Kendrick Blacksburg T...
4. Yovani Gallardo Killing Me S...
5. Jason Bay Queens Bees
6. Chone Figgins Skipstache
7. Matt Cain Troy Trojans
8. Jonathan Papelbon Freud's Psychos
9. José Reyes Road Kill Cafe
10. Nelson Cruz Insomniacs
11. Josh Beckett Richmond Rhi...
12. Billy Butler Hartford Heroes
Round 7
1. Ubaldo Jiménez Hartford Heroes
2. Derrek Lee Richmond Rhi...
3. Ricky Nolasco Insomniacs
4. Curtis Granderson Road Kill Cafe
5. Carlos Peña Freud's Psychos
6. Carlos Lee Troy Trojans
7. Javier Vázquez Skipstache
8. Ichiro Suzuki Queens Bees
9. Matt Wieters Killing Me S...
10. Wandy Rodríguez Blacksburg T...
11. Jake Peavy CleBrownsFan
12. Manny Ramírez Hunters
Round 8
1. Dan Uggla Hunters
2. Shin-Soo Choo CleBrownsFan
3. Bobby Abreu Blacksburg T...
4. Hunter Pence Killing Me S...
5. Mariano Rivera Queens Bees
6. Torii Hunter Skipstache
7. Ryan Ludwick Troy Trojans
8. Carlos Quentin Freud's Psychos
9. Lance Berkman Road Kill Cafe
10. Shane Victorino Insomniacs
11. Josh Hamilton Richmond Rhi...
12. José López Hartford Heroes
Round 9
1. Gordon Beckham Hartford Heroes
2. Chad Billingsley Richmond Rhi...
3. Scott Baker Insomniacs
4. Adam Jones Road Kill Cafe
5. Matt Garza Freud's Psychos
6. Rick Porcello Troy Trojans
7. Jason Bartlett Skipstache
8. Joakim Soria Queens Bees
9. Stephen Drew Killing Me S...
10. J.D. Drew Blacksburg T...
11. Francisco Rodríguez CleBrownsFan
12. Scott Kazmir Hunters
Round 10
1. Garrett Jones Hunters
2. Michael Young CleBrownsFan
3. Adam LaRoche Blacksburg T...
4. Nate McLouth Killing Me S...
5. Jered Weaver Queens Bees
6. Heath Bell Skipstache
7. Andrew McCutchen Troy Trojans
8. Carlos González Freud's Psychos
9. John Lackey Road Kill Cafe
10. Johnny Damon Insomniacs
11. Roy Oswalt Richmond Rhi...
12. Brandon Webb Hartford Heroes
Round 11
1. Brett Anderson Hartford Heroes
2. Jay Bruce Richmond Rhi...
3. Ryan Dempster Insomniacs
4. James Shields Road Kill Cafe
5. Michael Bourn Freud's Psychos
6. Yunel Escobar Troy Trojans
7. Jair Jurrjens Skipstache
8. Asdrubal Cabrera Queens Bees
9. John Danks Killing Me S...
10. Kevin Slowey Blacksburg T...
11. James Loney CleBrownsFan
12. Denard Span Hunters
Round 12
1. Erick Aybar Hunters
2. A.J. Burnett CleBrownsFan
3. Martín Prado Blacksburg T...
4. Ian Stewart Killing Me S...
5. Alexei Ramírez Queens Bees
6. Álex Ríos Skipstache
7. Edwin Jackson Troy Trojans
8. Miguel Tejada Freud's Psychos
9. Raúl Ibañez Road Kill Cafe
10. Mike Napoli Insomniacs
11. Chipper Jones Richmond Rhi...
12. Jorge De La Rosa Hartford Heroes
Round 13
1. Miguel Montero Hartford Heroes
2. Francisco Cordero Richmond Rhi...
3. Gavin Floyd Insomniacs
4. Brad Hawpe Road Kill Cafe
5. Rafael Soriano Freud's Psychos
6. Andrew Bailey Troy Trojans
7. Jason Kubel Skipstache
8. Michael Cuddyer Queens Bees
9. Brian Wilson Killing Me S...
10. Mark DeRosa Blacksburg T...
11. Carlos Beltrán CleBrownsFan
12. J.A. Happ Hunters
Round 14
1. Francisco Liriano Hunters
2. Elvis Andrus CleBrownsFan
3. Rich Harden Blacksburg T...
4. Chris Iannetta Killing Me S...
5. Alfonso Soriano Queens Bees
6. Jonathan Sánchez Skipstache
7. Mark Buehrle Troy Trojans
8. Vladimir Guerrero Freud's Psychos
9. Rickie Weeks Road Kill Cafe
10. Jorge Posada Insomniacs
11. Geovany Soto Richmond Rhi...
12. Max Scherzer Hartford Heroes
Round 15
1. Juan Pierre Hartford Heroes
2. Adrián Béltre Richmond Rhi...
3. Alcides Escobar Insomniacs
4. Russell Martin Road Kill Cafe
5. J.J. Hardy Freud's Psychos
6. Yadier Molina Troy Trojans
7. Scott Sizemore Skipstache
8. Kurt Suzuki Queens Bees
9. Plácido Polanco Killing Me S...
10. Billy Wagner Blacksburg T...
11. Nyjer Morgan CleBrownsFan
12. Julio Borbón Hunters
Round 16
1. Jorge Cantú Hunters
2. David Price CleBrownsFan
3. Everth Cabrera Blacksburg T...
4. Clay Buchholz Killing Me S...
5. Neftali Feliz Queens Bees
6. Ryan Doumit Skipstache
7. Carlos Zambrano Troy Trojans
8. Clint Barmes Freud's Psychos
9. Huston Street Road Kill Cafe
10. Tim Hudson Insomniacs
11. José Valverde Richmond Rhi...
12. Chris Davis Hartford Heroes
Round 17
1. Kelly Johnson Hartford Heroes
2. Vernon Wells Richmond Rhi...
3. Chad Qualls Insomniacs
4. Trevor Hoffman Road Kill Cafe
5. Nick Swisher Freud's Psychos
6. Marco Scutaro Troy Trojans
7. Ted Lilly Skipstache
8. Brian Matusz Queens Bees
9. David Aardsma Killing Me S...
10. Aaron Harang Blacksburg T...
11. Magglio Ordóñez CleBrownsFan
12. Bengie Molina Hunters
Round 18
1. A.J. Pierzynski Hunters
2. Leo Núñez CleBrownsFan
3. Chris Coghlan Blacksburg T...
4. Rajai Davis Killing Me S...
5. Ervin Santana Queens Bees
6. Carlos Mármol Skipstache
7. Brian Fuentes Troy Trojans
8. Phil Hughes Freud's Psychos
9. Hiroki Kuroda Road Kill Cafe
10. Jeff Niemann Insomniacs
11. Nolan Reimold Richmond Rhi...
12. Johnny Cueto Hartford Heroes
Round 19
1. Frank Francisco Hartford Heroes
2. Stephen Strasburg Richmond Rhi...
3. Ryan Theriot Insomniacs
4. Joe Blanton Road Kill Cafe
5. David Ortiz Freud's Psychos
6. Colby Rasmus Troy Trojans
7. Randy Wolf Skipstache
8. Wade Davis Queens Bees
9. Kevin Correia Killing Me S...
10. Randy Wells Blacksburg T...
11. Rafael Furcal CleBrownsFan
12. Shaun Marcum Hunters
Round 20
1. Homer Bailey Hunters
2. Todd Helton CleBrownsFan
3. Ben Sheets Blacksburg T...
4. Bronson Arroyo Killing Me S...
5. Mark Teahen Queens Bees
6. Chase Headley Skipstache
7. Juan Rivera Troy Trojans
8. Jason Frasor Freud's Psychos
9. Maicer Izturis Road Kill Cafe
10. Josh Willingham Insomniacs
11. Ryan Franklin Richmond Rhi...
12. Derek Lowe Hartford Heroes
Round 21
1. Fausto Carmona Hartford Heroes
2. Corey Hart Richmond Rhi...
3. Marlon Byrd Insomniacs
4. Bobby Jenks Road Kill Cafe
5. Brad Bergesen Freud's Psychos
6. Jaime García Troy Trojans
7. Cody Ross Skipstache
8. Matt LaPorta Queens Bees
9. Casey Blake Killing Me S...
10. Mike Cameron Blacksburg T...
11. Matt Thornton CleBrownsFan
12. Aroldis Chapman Hunters
Round 22
1. Kyle Blanks Hunters
2. Jake Westbrook CleBrownsFan
3. Carlos Ruiz Blacksburg T...
4. Chris Young Killing Me S...
5. Scott Feldman Queens Bees
6. Gio González Skipstache
7. Hideki Matsui Troy Trojans
8. Chris Young Freud's Psychos
9. Jhonny Peralta Road Kill Cafe
10. Ricky Romero Insomniacs
11. Daisuke Matsuzaka Richmond Rhi...
12. Dexter Fowler Hartford Heroes
Round 23
1. Chris Pérez Hartford Heroes
2. Travis Snider Richmond Rhi...
3. Ryan Madson Insomniacs
4. Andy Pettitte Road Kill Cafe
5. Chris Getz Freud's Psychos
6. Jeff Clement Troy Trojans
7. Franklin Gutiérrez Skipstache
8. John Baker Queens Bees
9. Matt Capps Killing Me S...
10. Conor Jackson Blacksburg T...
11. Scott Rolen CleBrownsFan
12. Justin Duchscherer Hunters
Round 24
1. Ian Desmond Hunters
2. Milton Bradley CleBrownsFan
3. Brett Myers Blacksburg T...
4. Mike González Killing Me S...
5. Sean Rodriguez Queens Bees
6. Skip Schumaker Skipstache
7. Ryan Rowland-Smith Troy Trojans
8. Buster Posey Freud's Psychos
9. Nick Johnson Road Kill Cafe
10. Alex Gordon Insomniacs
11. Brad Lidge Richmond Rhi...
12. Orlando Cabrera Hartford Heroes
Round 25
1. David DeJesús Hartford Heroes
2. Joe Saunders Richmond Rhi...
3. Erik Bedard Insomniacs
4. Kelly Shoppach Road Kill Cafe
5. Joel Piñeiro Freud's Psychos
6. Mike Lowell Troy Trojans
7. Brandon Morrow Skipstache
8. Orlando Hudson Queens Bees
9. Kenshin Kawakami Killing Me S...
10. Matt Lindstrom Blacksburg T...
11. Cameron Maybin CleBrownsFan
12. Drew Stubbs Hunters
Round 26
1. Justin Masterson Hunters
2. Nick Blackburn CleBrownsFan
3. Ramón Hernández Blacksburg T...
4. Jeff Francoeur Killing Me S...
5. Joba Chamberlain Queens Bees
6. Octavio Dotel Skipstache
7. Paul Konerko Troy Trojans
8. Gerardo Parra Freud's Psychos
9. Mat Latos Road Kill Cafe
10. Luke Gregerson Insomniacs
11. Brett Gardner Richmond Rhi...
12. Lou Marson Hartford Heroes
Round 27
1. Jeremy Hellickson Hartford Heroes
2. John Maine Richmond Rhi...
3. Ian Kennedy Insomniacs
4. Lastings Milledge Road Kill Cafe
5. Willie Bloomquist Freud's Psychos
6. Paul Maholm Troy Trojans
7. Brandon Wood Skipstache
8. Chris Volstad Queens Bees
9. Casey McGehee Killing Me S...
10. Michael Brantley Blacksburg T...
11. Jonathon Niese CleBrownsFan
12. Austin Jackson Hunters

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-01-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

SI i would be more than happy to help out. I am off of school next week and soccer finishes up this week so i have a window of time. I will be a bit occupied 3/19-3/27 but will be able to check in quite a bit most of those days. We have family coming in to town during this time but i think we only have a couple of days that things are set for.
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I wouldn't mind helping if need be as well.

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 03-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Is anybody interested in putting a small amout of money in this league? Or is that for the auction league only?
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Bump- check the rules as we're off.

Returners, sign in as per described above
Newcomers, sign up for the waiting list

SI

Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Is anybody interested in putting a small amout of money in this league? Or is that for the auction league only?

I'd kindof prefer not to in this league unless there's strong support for it. Heck, I may need that $10 in a month

SI

Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
SI i would be more than happy to help out. I am off of school next week and soccer finishes up this week so i have a window of time. I will be a bit occupied 3/19-3/27 but will be able to check in quite a bit most of those days. We have family coming in to town during this time but i think we only have a couple of days that things are set for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I wouldn't mind helping if need be as well.

Thanks for the offers, guys. I might take you up on it when the time comes and I suspect it will this draft.

SI

Old 03-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #14
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am in - I choose #8
Old 03-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Insomniacs are in and we will take 7.

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 03-06-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
samifan24
Pro Starter

Hartford Heroes are back and would like #6.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #17
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Feel free to join the league, guys, since you're returning. Also, I need a team name for you, PF.

SI

Old 03-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #18
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, that's probably my last update for the day until tonight. Going to be out and about in DC and Baltimore all day. But I'll update either tonight or, at the latest, tomorrow night, when we get back to Richmond.

SI

Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #19
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Oh yeah, sorry - Let's go with Killing Me Smalls again Thanks SI!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'll go with #9 for the Hunters please.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
Saul Goode
n00b

Wait list me-

Team Name - Exploding Methlabs
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

In - Blacksburg Transit - #4
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

In for another year - #3

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #24
Ramzavail
College Starter

Queens Bees #5
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
Danny
Head Coach

Ill sign up for the waiting list.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #26
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

In.

Will try to do better this year.

Team Name=Freud's Psychos
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #27
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Just a brief interruption. Don't forget to join the NL Only Auction league. The thread is below.

FOFC Roto Auction NL Only League Signup - Front Office Football Central

Shoot me a pm with your email address if interested.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #28
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

No problem with the PSA cubboyroy- we had a lot of chatter in last year's thread about it. I'd love to do it, as I said, but I just don't think I'll have time this year. Maybe next year

Shouldn't preclude anyone else from playing, tho!

SI

Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #29
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
In.

Will try to do better this year.

Team Name=Freud's Psychos

You and me, both. I felt pretty prepared for last year's draft compared with year's past and I got 11th place (7th due to winning consolation bracket).

SI

Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Updated the draft board post. Wow- no one wanting the boundary numbers for some reason. Kindof seems funny to me since they get all scrambled anyways

Ramzavail, Toddzilla- join on up to Yahoo when you get a chance.

Currently, we have 9 teams returning with 3 open spots. Roughly 12 hours left for the teams from last year to rejoin (sooner333, DeToxRox, MizzouRah). They had made mention in the other thread but things can always happen between now and then. If they don't, I'll make some announcements tomorrow morning for the waiting list folks.

Also, everyone check over the rules for any questions and/or clarifications. Or even suggestions. Once the draft starts, that's pretty much it unless we get unanimous agreement (or apathy- say, 6 "Yays" and 6 "I don't cares" count) unless something had been stated previously (and Yahoo ate the changes). But we can still tinker for the next couple of days.

SI

Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #31
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Hey let's not forget my team from last year which was the ultimate in futility with Carlos Delgado, Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran all getting hurt for most of the year. I have no where to go but up.

Note to self do not draft any Mets this year.

SI thanks for allowing the PSA. I didn't think it would be a big deal but you never know.

Last edited by cubboyroy1826 : 03-08-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #32
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I think what made my futility even more noteworthy was the fact with the first two picks I got Pujols and Fielder. I mean really how do you screw that up?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #33
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm on vacation.. and IN!

Troy Trojans - #2
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #34
Ramzavail
College Starter

I joined yahoo.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #35
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Last chance bump. We've got about 2 hours until the deadline

SI

Old 03-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #36
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, looks like we have 2 spots open and 2 on the waiting list so this works out well

Saul Goode, Danny- post your team name and numbers here by midnight. Your spots are reserved until then. Keep in mind the schedule: You have to check it a couple of times a day every day for about 3 weeks or be willing to put in a list. If you can't keep up with that, don't join (and let me know). We tend to keep on top of things if we have good drafters so picks go every hour or two when we're in a good rhythm. For instance, if you have 2 picks before you, don't think it's going to take 12 hours to get to you as it could only take 15 minutes and then waiting hours will hold everyone else up.

If we don't fill the league by tomorrow morning, it'll be open season for whoever joins first tomorrow morning. This probably moves the draft start until Thursday but we'll have a soft start tomorrow if all spots are filled. I'll post again with some final clarifications right before the draft starts.

Toddzilla- you still need to join the league in Yahoo.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-09-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

Road Kill Cafe and #1
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #38
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, top posts are updated. Toddzilla still needs to join in Yahoo today but his spot is spoken for unless he hasn't joined by tomorrow morning.

That said, we have one spot left and it's open to anyone now.

Keep in mind: this is a fairly strenuous draft schedule. It takes about 3 weeks and you have to be able to check online multiple times a day (or give a list at the beginning of each day to someone else, preferably at the other end of the draft from you). If you can't do this, don't join.

But, if you think you can keep up and want to join- the door's open for whoever wants it. Post here first as that reserves your spot and then join. If multiple people join the league or if someone joins without posting here, they will be removed. So you get the idea: Post here first (team name and number- either 10 or 12) or else you'll be removed from the Yahoo league. Then go join the Yahoo league as that reserves your space.

SI

Old 03-10-2010, 08:38 AM   #39
samifan24
Pro Starter

Assuming we fill that last spot today will you post the draft order tonight? If so could we do a soft start and get through as many picks as possible with no time limit tonight and then the real start with time limits tomorrow?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #40
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's the theory. But at this point, we may have to wait until Friday to start. In a perfect world, I'd like to have 24 hours to do the soft start.

SI

Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #41
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ohh yes.. I'm off all day today!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #42
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I was in a few days ago - I see my team on the league page.

Lets light this candle
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #43
samifan24
Pro Starter

We need a 12th team.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #44
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I was in a few days ago - I see my team on the league page.

Lets light this candle

I don't know what the deal was but we have all 11 teams showing now

Still need 1 more team

SI

Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #45
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

C'mon FOFC! This is an EXCELLENT league!

Besides, it's 70 degrees here in St. Louis!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #46
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Same in Richmond. It feels like spring is finally getting here

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #47
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Yeah come on it is not like you have to come up with cash. The draft is the coolest part some step right up and take the plunge.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #48
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Maybe you should edit the title stating we need just one more player to encourage more people to look at the thread and join.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

sorry guys, meant to respond. I am swamped with school through the summer and probably can't put in the time to pay attention otherwise I'll lose my interest. Great league though, and if I had time I'd be back for sure.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #50
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'll see if I can get my brother to join up.