Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 AM   #1
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

FM05: FIFA World Cup 2010

I’m looking to bring my FM05 dynasty back to life. The reason is the upcoming World Cup groups draw now just hours away in Leipzig. At the same time I have now reached the start of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa in my game.

This is still the first and only game I have ever started in FM05. I had not played anything since July but with the release of FM06 and all the cool comments/strategy tips from Marc I picked it up again a few weeks back and have now logged over 40 hours of play. If you want to take a closer look at what happened in the first years you will find them here:

First three seasons (short recap)

2007/08 Season

This time the dynasty will not be a day-to-day report of my career but instead a report from the ongoing World Cup combined with flashbacks of what happened in the past 3 years. I will try to report in details from every WC match and that will give me a chance to introduce the biggest names in football year 2010. In the flashbacks I will focus on what happened in my career but also take a closer look at some of the big names of the past and what happened to them after their years of glory.

When I made my last post in the original dynasty back in July I was still the GM of Danish club Brøndby IF and the national coach of Denmark ready for the 2008 European Championship. That have all changed now in the summer of 2010 but before we get to that story lets take a look at the teams/groups ready for the first ever World Cup held in Africa.

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-09-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 AM   #2
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Group A
England (2)
Colombia (4)
Japan (23)
Sweden (19)

> >

The reigning World champion is always drawn in the first Group A because it’s a tradition that they play the opening game of the tournament. Therefore it was no surprise to see England drawn as the first team this year. England won the 2006 World Championship played in Germany with a 1-0 win over Turkey in the final and was also runner up to France in the 2008 European Championship.

This year they have a lot of hard work in front of them if they want to repeat the task. They have been put in the toughest group together with three other teams all ranked in the top-25 in the world.

Colombia is ranked as the 4th best team in the world after beating Argentina 2-0 in the final of the 2007 Copa America. They also finished second in the South American qualifying with equal points as winners Brazil.

Sweden was in the Qtr final in the 2006 championship but didn’t qualify for the 2008 European championship. They beat Russia in a playoff to qualify for this year’s final and comes to South Africa with two of the best players in the world on the team.

Japan won the 2007 Asian Nations Cup but still looks like the weakest team in this group. They have decided to mostly gamble on players from the Japanese league and only seven players currently play their club football in Europe. They won their group in the Asian qualifying section and were one of four Asian teams to qualify directly for the championship.

Next: A closer look at the four team’s players.

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-09-2005 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

England:

PkdNamePositionClubAgeValue
S7Robert GreenGKTottenham30£4.3M
GKChris KirklandGKLiverpool29£8M
S1Paul RobinsonGKCharlton30£4.9M
-Jonathan WoodgateSW/D CChelsea30£7.5M
Peter TillD RMan Utd26£11.25M
DCWes BrownD RCInter30£2.6M
DCJohn TerryD CMan Utd29£11.25M
S10Alex BruceD CCharlton25£2.7M
-Owen HargreavesD/DM RLC FC Bayern29£8.25M
DLPaul KoncheskyD/DM LCharlton29£4.2M
S4Ledley KingD/DM CTottenham29£9.5M
MCGareth BarryD/M LAston Villa29£8.75M
MLMatthew TaylorD/AM LTottenham28£7.25M
MCSteven Gerrard
M RCR. Madrid30£16M
MRDavid Beckham M RCCrystal Palace 35£975K
S12Shaun Wright-PhillipsAM RMan City28£16.25M>
-Leon OsmanAM RLCEverton29£6.75M
S3Alan SmithF RCCrystal Palace29£8M
FCWayne RooneyF CMan Utd24£37.5M
S5Francis JeffersS CSouthampton29£8.75M
S11Jermain DefoeS CArsenal27£19.5M
S2James BeattieS CMiddlesbrough32£5.25M
FCMichael OwenS CMan City30£6M

They come to defend their World Championship with a very experienced team. The Average age is 29years and several of the players were also in the team four years ago when they won in Germany. As usual most of the English national players come from the English league with only three players playing their club football outside England. Let’s take a closer look at those three players and their history until now.

Wes Brown:
The English right defender is now 30years old but has only played 21 caps for England because of a truckload of injuries. He was not part of the English team that won the WC in 2006 and this will be his first Wold Cup. He has played most of his football in the club that was his second home. He was born in Manchester and played for United from 1996. In the period 2004-2008 he always finished the season with an average rating above 7.05.
Right before the 2008 season he jumped on the chance to travel to Italy and play his football. Inter paid ManU £12mil for the player. He has played 49 games for Inter in two seasons with an average rating of 7.16. He is under contract with the club until July 2012 and is currently paid £220.000 pr month.

Owen Hargreaves:
The 29 years old English/Canadian will play in his second World Cup for England. He has been with Bayern Munchen all his career and is still an active part of the team. This season he started 26 games and was named MoM 4 times. Its not likely he will be in the starting line-up for England this year but a player who have been in two Champions League finals (one won/ one lost) and been selected on the 2009 Champions League Dream Team is always nice to have on the team.

Steven Gerrard:
It was just a question of time of how long Liverpool could hold on to Steven Gerrard. In February of 2009 he finally played his last game on Anfield Road. The £31.5mil offered by Real Madrid was simply too much to turn down. I Spain he have had a hard time getting his game together and the first two seasons he was only used as backup. In the 2009-10 season he finally gets to start on a regular basis. He was also part of the 2006 World Cup Team.

We will take a closer look at some more of the English players when the tournament gets underway.

Next: A closer look at the Colombian team.

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-12-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:57 AM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

I like WC dynasties
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

For some reason I can’t get the HTML output to format properly on the board so I’m afraid I have to change the format a bid.

Colombia

The Colombian team is made up of mostly European players and a few old players from the South American league. The best known name in the group is Juan Pablo Angle how is still playing for Aston Villa and now looking to retire at the end of the season. The biggest star of the team is 26year old Edixon Perea.

Edixon Perea
Striker center

Perea came to Europe when he was 20years old from CDC Atletico Nacional in Colombia. He was brought over by German Werder Bremen for £3mil. He was never really a success and after his four year contract expired he went to Dortmund on a free transfer. That was his big break. Started in 27 games and scored 12 goals with an average rating of 7.63. That was enough for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and Manchester Utd paid £16mil before the start of the 2009/10 season. In Manchester he is still considered a backup for Rooney and Nistelrooy but have started 21 games and scored 9 goals.

Jaime Alfonso Ruiz
Striker center
Almost the same career as Perea. Came over to Germany at a young age and took a few years to develop. Started in Leverkusen and was picked up by Bayern Munich for £9.25mil before the 2008/09 season. In Bayern he now holds a place in the starting line-up next to German wonder-kit Christian Gerber.

Other names to watch:
Andreas Felipe Gonzales – DC – Galatasaray
Cesar Augusto Fawcett – D/DML - Ajax

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-12-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #6
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Sweden

Sweden have some big names and if coach Hans Backe can get them to work together the will have a chance to surprise like they did in WC-94 in USA when they finished 3rd. Hans Backe has a history earlier in this dynasty as he was coach for my main rivals back in my Brøndby time. It was not for long as he was sacked after just four months. He was also the man who took Sweden to the WC quarterfinal in the 2006 WC in Germany.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Striker center
The Swedish bad-boy will play in his second WC. In the first in Germany he was runner-up for the golden boot (behind Rooney) with 5 goals. He has been around the last few years but is now back in Italy and Juventus after seasons in Villarreal, Inter and Barcelona. This year he scored 14 goals in 16 games and had an average rating of 7.81.

Kim Kallström
Attacking midfielder
The Swedish midfield will be lead by Kim Kallström from Parma. The playmaker moved from Rennes to Chelsea in 2005/6 but only got to start 7 games in three seasons. Before the 2007/08 season he was picked up by Parma for just £4.3mil have done well since.

Johan Elmander
Striker center
Well well. Johan Elmander was the first player I sold when I took over Brøndby IF. He is the huge target player that fits perfectly for English football but not really the technical Danish football. I sold him to the first bidder Leicester City for just £900k. After just two seasons he was sold to Southampton for £6.5mil. Their he has play the last three seasons next to Francis Jeffers and done well.
Note: In real life Johan Elmander has been one of the best and hardest working players on the Brøndby team that won the division last year.

Other names to watch:
Mattias Andersson - AM LC – Fiorentina (21year old with huge potential)
Fredrik Ljungberg – AM RL – Arsenal (been with the Gunners for 12 years)

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-12-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Japan

Japan comes in to the tournament as a dark horse. This year they have decided to bring only seven players from Europe and the rest of the roster is made up with players from the Japanese league. Both Nakata Hidetsoshi from Fiorentina and Naohiro Takahara from HSV plans to quit football after the tournament. The will put most hopes in Shinji Ono from Celta.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #8
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Group B (24)
Bahrain (43)
Holland (8)
Ivory Coast (20)
Scotland (26)

The Group B looks a bit easier with the average world ranking being 24th compared to 12 in Group A. The group has a clear favourite in Holland and The winner from this group will play the team finishing second in Group A in the final-16.

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 12-15-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #9
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Bahrain (43)

Bahrain is at #43 the 3rd lowest ranked team coming in to the WC and looks heavily overmatched in this group. None of the players comes from European clubs and it will be a huge surprise if they take any points in this tournament and most bookmakers have serious doubts if they will score a single goal. They qualified for WC2010 by winning one of the Asian groups on goal difference in a tie between three teams and in the warm-up for the championship they have played close games against Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan and Brunei.