Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #501
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
It is unfortunate that the mission went poorly for us. It is pretty important that we learn what we can from this experience so we can prepare better for the next mission. Can we learn a few things regarding how the missions in general will function that can prepare us better next time? What I mean is the following:

1) Did the results seem fairly random, or did the mission results correspond well with the amount of energy that each of the members spent? Magneto it sounds like performed admirably, but did he also spend the most energy to do so?

2) Those that had the worst performances, was it also energy driven? As was mentioned one of our prelates ordered an unprepared member to the team at a late date, and without any chance to put in orders otherwise, I assume the default expenditure of 1 energy point resulted in a poor performance on their part?

3) Since no one mentioned any public acts of sabatoge, are we to assume that this mission failure was simply that we were less organized, less prepared for this mission than those that opposed us?

4) Any idea if a bad guy who ends up on a mission can have a "good result" due to random rolls or point expenditure and buy trust similar to what has happened in other parallel universes previously? (ooc: ie: spawn games)

Based off of the fairly short descriptions of the mission report that have been provided thus far, it sounds more of a case of us defeating ourselves than anyone else stopping us. Hopefully we can learn and be ready for the next mission as it comes up.

I spent more than the minimum amount of energy too, becuase I wanted our first mission to be a success.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #502
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I agree with Reed. I think we need to plan better, further in advance, due to people's schedules. We should look to organize the second mission against Galactacus right now as well.

We should also maintain a roster of folks interested in volunteering for the second mission.

If nobody else cares to volunteer their effort for this, I will set my intellect to it.

Well after seeing the results of this first mission, I will forego my experiments and commit to a mission on the second day. I truly thought nothing could withstand the combined might of that first mission group, so clearly all of us will be needed at some point to participate in these missions.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #503
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post

So I must ask: why the lack of result from the speedster, Quicksilver?

Gambit, as well, received no mention other than that he attended.I can only speculate as to why -- they didn't expend enough energy or their particular skills were not matched to specific tasks.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #504
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Ok, so we need to get more organized here it seems. And bigger in numbers and/or energy on the missions.

I"m ready to help. I saw a couple pages back that Vision invited me to a team, is there still a spot? If so, let me know and I'm in.

Kang, my original intent was to limit our team to five members. Now I see that this may have been a grave mistake. Please understand that my decision is subject to change should the First Prelate disagree, but at this time I'd like to:

INVITE KANG TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
After seeing this, I will reverse my previous belief that small teams were better and easier to manage/monitor. It sounds like larger teams must have greater benefits.

My thoughts as well, Rider. As above, this is subject to the desires of my team's leader, but:

INVITE GHOST RIDER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
This makes sense to me -- perhaps a third every three days might be best, using full energy each time, then building up more when you're not on a mission?

Wanda, I had believed you more suited to the other mission, as their "ace in the hole", as it were. But, now that you are apparently still free to invest your power, please accept my (as stated above) conditional offer to:

INVITE SCARLET WITCH TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD
Old 10-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #505
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
Well after seeing the results of this first mission, I will forego my experiments and commit to a mission on the second day. I truly thought nothing could withstand the combined might of that first mission group, so clearly all of us will be needed at some point to participate in these missions.

I do not know the specific value of research, Doctor Pym, but the fact that it can be done indicates to me that there may be some inherent value to it.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #506
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Hey Nick Fury, I sat through 10 minutes of credits in Iron Man just to see your appearance. I think it is you, my friend, that owes me a stogie and then I'll gladly light them for both of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
*pulls out a second cuban and gives it to GhostRider

Quote:
*puffs away happily, shares flame from skull with Nick Fury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Anyone else have thoughts through the first day that Ghost Rider and Nick Fury should get a room?

Fixed.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #507
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Accept invite / Join Team Strike Squad

So...want me to send Galacticus to like the 40billionth century? That oughta buy us some time?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #508
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Kang, my original intent was to limit our team to five members. Now I see that this may have been a grave mistake. Please understand that my decision is subject to change should the First Prelate disagree, but at this time I'd like to:

INVITE KANG TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

My thoughts as well, Rider. As above, this is subject to the desires of my team's leader, but:

INVITE GHOST RIDER TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

Wanda, I had believed you more suited to the other mission, as their "ace in the hole", as it were. But, now that you are apparently still free to invest your power, please accept my (as stated above) conditional offer to:

INVITE SCARLET WITCH TO TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

If you are looking to add further people to our team, I would possibly find having Henry Pym available to bounce some ideas off of fairly useful. It also would allow each of us to possibly alternate on missions, as his going on a mission tommorrow might free me up to do some much-needed research.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #509
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Tough decision. I'm still not sure I would be of much assistance to a team, but it seems this is more about choosing sides than helping out, which is fine. I definitely don't plan to join Daddy's Brotherhood of Mutants. I might have been interested in joining the Vision's Surfer Squad, but I wasn't invited, while my father was. That left only the Brethren that had invited me, until S.H.I.E.L.D came along. Hrm.

Wanda, I am still catching up, but if there is time for you to reconsider our team, please do so.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #510
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I'm not happy with all this internal competition. We all serve our master.

No, Pietro, not all here gathered are serving our master. This... internal competition... is a means to determine who among us is to eliminated. Never forget your mission, my friend.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #511
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Let's turn to who to standard attack (vote) for. I am thinking that I am much less likely to look at those who have been very active in the conversation. Off the top of my head I remember substantial contributions from Magneto, Prof X, GhostRider, Nightcrawler, the Beast, and Nick Fury. I know there are others as well but that's from the top of my head and so I would prefer not to attack any of those people, though I would have to join with Magneto on Mr. Fury if the need arises.

Hey, I'm currently at the five spot among heroes and villains.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #512
Firebird
n00b

Invite Dr Strange to join Brethern

I was thinking that we might awnt to spread out or prelates on different teams.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #513
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
If you are looking to add further people to our team, I would possibly find having Henry Pym available to bounce some ideas off of fairly useful. It also would allow each of us to possibly alternate on missions, as his going on a mission tommorrow might free me up to do some much-needed research.

Agreed, Mr. Fantastic.

Henry, it seems our time of need may already be upon us:

INVITE HENRY PYM TO JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD
Old 10-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #514
HumanTorch
n00b

So...about all this Galactus planning. I'm already in strong. Anybody else care to declare their intentions so we know who is coming to play and who is just along for the ride?
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #515
Beast
n00b

Regarding the events of our mission to detain the mutant psychic, my apologies if my description of the events involving the battle was not entirely clear. We were, as stated by Prelate Grey and confirmed by others, fighting through the automatons, towards the eye of the stom when it suddenly dissipated.

Regarding my personal energy contribution to the endeavour, I regret that I was unable to augment the default output of 1, as I was unaware that I had been ordered to accompany the mission until after it's unsuccessful completion.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #516
Firebird
n00b

It's obvious to me tht we need to have some bigger teams, so I was hoping to keep Brethern at about four of five, but now we may need to up that. As such, I am sending out a few official invites to those not deemed "powerful" enough to join group like Strike Squad or connected enough for Mags group.

Invite Jewel to join Brethern
Invite Spider Man to join Brethern
Invite Iron Fist to join Brethern (in case he checks in)
Invite Cable to join Brethern

This also includes the invite for Strange earlier
Old 10-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #517
Firebird
n00b

If Iron Fist or Doom do not check in, that will be where I will be looking today
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #518
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] i need to leave for the conference call in just a moment. will be back in ~ 2 hours. to my fellow team members - happy to have anybody else they deem worthy of being on the team be invited [/ooc]
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #519
Firebird
n00b

And it seems like my good friend, Scarlet Witch, is becoming the hot commodity with an invite from a bunch of teams. Has every team offically invited her now?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #520
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

I'm not sure if I'll be back in time for a 3 PM deadline, but will most likely be back by 9 PM. And someone will have to tell me if I'm needed for anything at that time!
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #521
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
And it seems like my good friend, Scarlet Witch, is becoming the hot commodity with an invite from a bunch of teams. Has every team offically invited her now?

I do feel a soft spot for your team, and may see myself joining it at some point down the road.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #522
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
So...about all this Galactus planning. I'm already in strong. Anybody else care to declare their intentions so we know who is coming to play and who is just along for the ride?

I'll be bringin the pain, 40th century style holmes.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #523
Firebird
n00b

Wanda I cherish our friendship, and wherever destiny takes you, you will always be welcome here.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #524
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

I'm not sure if I'll be back in time for a 3 PM deadline, but will most likely be back by 9 PM. And someone will have to tell me if I'm needed for anything at that time!

Wanda, thank you for accepting my invitation. Please indicate your intent to go on the Galactus mission as well, if you please.

[ ooc - unless you already have by PM of course ]
Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #525
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Join Galacticus Miussion
Old 10-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #526
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Agreed, Mr. Fantastic.

Henry, it seems our time of need may already be upon us:

INVITE HENRY PYM TO JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD

I accept this invitation with the agreement that I need not go on every mission.

JOIN TEAM STRIKE SQUAD
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #527
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
It seems pretty clear that just being part of the mission isn't very helpful. If we are going to do these missions, we'd better do them right and throw some energy into it. I hope everyone on the coming Galactus mission takes note and brings their A-game.

Do you plan on joining us as requested?
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #528
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Ok, so we need to get more organized here it seems. And bigger in numbers and/or energy on the missions.

I"m ready to help. I saw a couple pages back that Vision invited me to a team, is there still a spot? If so, let me know and I'm in.

You may join us on the Galactus mission if you wish.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #529
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
It's obvious to me tht we need to have some bigger teams, so I was hoping to keep Brethern at about four of five, but now we may need to up that. As such, I am sending out a few official invites to those not deemed "powerful" enough to join group like Strike Squad or connected enough for Mags group.

Invite Jewel to join Brethern
Invite Spider Man to join Brethern
Invite Iron Fist to join Brethern (in case he checks in)
Invite Cable to join Brethern

This also includes the invite for Strange earlier

It is with caution that I accept this invitation. Since none of the current members of Brethern have shown to be suspect, I will join. I hope it is good to work with you.

JOIN BRETHERN
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #530
Spider-Man
n00b

I could use a team invite (not sure I want to join any Brotherhood of God team, or whatever it is).

And I will gladly go on the Galaticus mission.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #531
SilverSurfer
Mascot

My reckoning is that myself, Vision, Mr. Fantastic and now Kang have specifically joined today's Galactus mission. I would remind and encourage other Strike Squad members that they must announce their intentions prior to the mission (post in thread).

I do not think that an unlimited number is a good idea. We know not what challenges we face here as well. I suggest no more than two more people join the mission today.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #532
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Do you plan on joining us as requested?

I thought I already had and have already issued orders. If it is unclear...

Join Galactus mission
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #533
JeanGrey
Mascot

I've received additional information about the mission, which Emma should be able to verify: the mutant we faced received additional help and was not solely responsible for the attack. Specifically the help was from the opposition. Whether the opposition was from within our strike team or not is nebulous from my reading of the message. Perhaps she will be more clear on this point.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #534
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I've received additional information about the mission, which Emma should be able to verify: the mutant we faced received additional help and was not solely responsible for the attack. Specifically the help was from the opposition. Whether the opposition was from within our strike team or not is nebulous from my reading of the message. Perhaps she will be more clear on this point.
I received this info because of certain powers, one of the reasons why I wished to go on the mission.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #535
Quicksilver
n00b

I have a question, since there isn't a traditional lynch vote, how will we get info to decide on future lynches? I assume some of us may have powers that can aid in that (I do not) but there will not really be a vote log. Has anyone considered this?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #536
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
I could use a team invite (not sure I want to join any Brotherhood of God team, or whatever it is).

And I will gladly go on the Galaticus mission.

I invited you in a earlier post.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #537
Firebird
n00b

Right now we should be considering changing our name to Firebird and the Mutants with three mutants in our camp plsu me. That sounds a bt like a rock band though.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #538
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I have a question, since there isn't a traditional lynch vote, how will we get info to decide on future lynches? I assume some of us may have powers that can aid in that (I do not) but there will not really be a vote log. Has anyone considered this?
There will be. People need to declare the attacks here, and the writeups provide clues.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #539
JeanGrey
Mascot

Standard attack on Iron Fist

Placeholder.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #540
Apocolypse
n00b

We are disappointed in the lack of success in the last mission. We expect success in the next outing. Remember my subjects that we may determine not to have a death today with no ill effect, so be careful with whom you attack. I expect an attack from all however, as it does not do us good to recieve less energy back.
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #541
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

invite Spiderman to S.H.I.E.L.D.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #542
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Regarding the mission the account Erik provided is accurate. However I could sense that the mutant we were sent to apprehend, the person creating the psionic storm, was definitely receiving assistance from another source, the rebellion. I regret to inform you that I have little doubt that the rebellion will benefit from defeating us in this mission. My impression is that without the aid of the traitors our team would have succeded. I am of the opinion that we did not bring enough energy to the mission while the traitors, combined with the mutant, was too powerful for us. While there was no evidence of anyone on the mission pulling their punches, I can't say that it is impossible.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #543
Nightcrawler
n00b

Welcome aboard, Cable. Disappointed to see the results of the first mission, do we have a list of who has confirmed to be present on today's mission?
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #544
Spider-Man
n00b

How about an invite to SHIELD or Strike Squad?

Anyone? Beuller?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #545
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
invite Spiderman to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ah, there we go.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #546
Spider-Man
n00b

Join SHIELD.

Join Galacticus Mission.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #547
Quicksilver
n00b

ATTACK JEAN GREY WITH A BASIC ATTACK
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #548
Nightcrawler
n00b

Shame no traitors were revealed on the mission.. could make quick work of them. For now I am leaning towards those that have been too silent.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #549
Firebird
n00b

Attack on a Prelate?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #550
Spider-Man
n00b

Basic Attack Punisher