Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #551
HumanTorch
n00b

Maybe the Galactus mission will lead us to some reasonable attack targets. I'll be interested to see who doesn't pull their weight on this mission.
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #552
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
Maybe the Galactus mission will lead us to some reasonable attack targets. I'll be interested to see who doesn't pull their weight on this mission.

Everyone will pull their weight because everyone, the traitors included, will benefit from it.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #553
ProfessorX
Mascot

Firebird - allow me to elaborate:

Quicksilver may have slightly jumped the gun insofar as Jean and Eric and I were still discussing the timing, but Jean has certain abilities she can use if attacked that she feels may benefit us all. At worst it is a fairly harmless 1pt attack.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #554
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I respectfully disagree, Charles. I think both may be pertinent.

[ooc: The mission action section in the rules does not specify. I would like to think that our unique abilities would play a role in the mission. It might explain why Gambit and Quicksilver, even though they went on the mission, got no mention other than "present." Their archetypes may not have had an appropriate role in the mission. Note, this is my opinion, and based only on the tiny amount of actual evidence we have before us.]

I agree with Erik. I feel team composition and the effort expended are both important in determining the success of the mission. Along with the effort placed made by the traitors in opposing us.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #555
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

How do all these people know things about others abilities? Or did I miss Jean stating that ability?

Attack on a prelate seems hasty and contrived with a gain that doesn't benefit those seeking to follow Apocolypse.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #556
ProfessorX
Mascot

Kang - There are some things that powerful telepaths are able to do...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #557
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll take your word for that, but still, it's a situation I'm keeping an eye on.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #558
Nightcrawler
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I'll take your word for that, but still, it's a situation I'm keeping an eye on.

There is no one we can truly trust at this point, so we'll all have our eyes on the telepaths no matter what. They'll, of course, have their eyes and minds on the rest of us.
Nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #559
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah, I don't know enough about comics to know what's really going on. So hence as more of a WW-player than a comic-reader I see statements about people talking about stuff behind-the-scenes and it's pretty easy to get a touch worried.

Is Quicksilver a telepath though? If he isn't how would he know what JG and ProfX were planning?
Old 10-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #560
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Attack on a Prelate?
My teammate means me no harm.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #561
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Basic Attack Punisher
About time you started dancing.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #562
Apocolypse
n00b

This is not an indication of any ill will. This is just the pull inside each of us to attack someone.

Attack Hulk
Apocolypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #563
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Charles, you are currently my only suspect, based on the foolishness you've shown. I was anticipating that you would claim not to have seen our lord's instruction (which claim would have actually made you look even worse, incidentally). To readily admit that he whom we serve shall not be the final arbiter in your decisions is on its face a treasonous act.

I hereby announce my intention to attack Charles Xavier today, barring some unforeseen evidence which might turn up.

I am in turn suspicious of your attempts to cast aspersions of treachery to lead an attack. We have already discussed the fact that our lord Apocalypse does not demand cow-like drones who blindly follow him. I believe the consensus view was that sending Jean, Charles and myself on the mission would be overkill. When it became clear that Jean was going on the mission I believe Charles was right to decide not to join us. It seems to me that you are trying to find an easy reason to attack someone who the traitors have reason to be fearful of and building a presentable case so that others will join you. Furthermore, given that we may retract our attacks I also find it interesting that you have merely stated your intention of attacking Charles rather than doing so.

Allow me to show you.

Standard Attack Vision

I am feeling particularly drained from the exertions of the mission and find that I need rest now. I shall therefore leave you until the night.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #564
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Attack on a Prelate?

It was requested.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #565
JeanGrey
Mascot

Due to certain telepathic powers of members on our team, we are able to communicate privately. This is why there is discussion. For the opposition to so publicly tie themselves to each other would be audacious and something Apocolypse would soon crush.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #566
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

True, but I swear one of these days the wolves are just going to all lump themselves together and then win because no one would possibly think all the wolves would do that.

Not saying that's the case here, but it'd be funny as all hell.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #567
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
True, but I swear one of these days the wolves are just going to all lump themselves together and then win because no one would possibly think all the wolves would do that.

Not saying that's the case here, but it'd be funny as all hell.
The problem, is that in this particular game multiple deaths will happen. And after say the 3rd wolf pops up from one team it seems to me the prudent thing to do would be to kill the rest of the team, just in case. 2 wolves on a team is a coincidence. More than that is trouble.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #568
SilverSurfer
Mascot

As a placeholder.

STANDARD ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #569
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Good point. It would be pretty silly here I suppose due to that fact.

But anyhow, I'm jiving what you folks are doing so carry on. The whole thing just threw me for a bit of a loop
Old 10-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #570
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Silver vs Silver!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #571
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Spidey, sorry I was away, welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. You and Punisher squaring off is intriguing as I was hoping to bring him to S.H.I.E.L.D. as well. Any reason you two are after each other?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #572
Punisher
High School JV

Little talk and I needed some action.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #573
ProfessorX
Mascot

Colossus - you have an open invitation to our brotherhood i believe...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #574
HumanTorch
n00b

I realize that there has been talk about spreading out or standard attacks to take a "wait and see" approach, but I think we should choose a different tact. While we go after the real danger of the rebels, we have to keep in mind the greater danger of Galactus. While losing any one of us would be a shame (unless we luckily hit a rebel), making that sacrifice is worthwhile to save the planet.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #575
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Gotcha Punisher, thanks.

Speaking of action, I'm going to go do some damage to this Galactus guy. It's about time he have a chance to stare into my eyes.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #576
Colossus
n00b

I joined the brotherhood a number of pages ago.

STANDARD ATTACK HUMAN TORCH
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #577
ProfessorX
Mascot

Colossus - perhaps I overlooked that. My fault.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #578
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post

It was overlooked by the powers that be, who did not include you in the list of brotherhood members during our mission. A reiteration of your intent to join would be most welcome.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #579
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

The hour fast approaches for the mission against Galactus.

Godspeed.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #580
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:

Piotr old boy, you wound me. I'll have to think of a proper way to repay you.

[singing]Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...[/singing]
Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #581
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] yeah colossus. just give them a "JOIN BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS" in bold [/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #582
hoopsguy
General Manager

A core of Apocalypse's finest prepare for the assault on Galactus ... will the result's bear more fruit than the failed mission to acquire the telepath?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #583
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, here is the log of attacks I have at the present time - please correct if I'm missing anything:

Post #284: Scarlet Witch attacks Magneto
Post #456: Magneto attacks NickFury
Post #487: Punisher attacks SpiderMan
Post #539: JeanGrey attacks IronFist
Post #547: Quicksilver attacks JeanGrey
Post #550: Spider-Man attacks Punisher
Post #562: Apocalypse attacks Hulk
Post #563: EmmaFrots attacks Vision
Post #568: SilverSurfer attacks SilverSamurai
Post #576: Colossus attacks HumanTorch

All attacks are "standard attacks" up to this point.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #584
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
I am in turn suspicious of your attempts to cast aspersions of treachery to lead an attack. We have already discussed the fact that our lord Apocalypse does not demand cow-like drones who blindly follow him. I believe the consensus view was that sending Jean, Charles and myself on the mission would be overkill. When it became clear that Jean was going on the mission I believe Charles was right to decide not to join us. It seems to me that you are trying to find an easy reason to attack someone who the traitors have reason to be fearful of and building a presentable case so that others will join you. Furthermore, given that we may retract our attacks I also find it interesting that you have merely stated your intention of attacking Charles rather than doing so.

This is a very fair point, to be sure, Emma; in fact I was one of those advocating this point! However, in an environment wherein we are tasked with rooting out those disloyal to Apocalypse, do you not even blink when one of our number disregards an instruction from he whom we serve?

Then Charles mentions that his disobedience was intentional.

This is troubling to me. And, to your point that I only made my intentions known, and did not actually strike at the Professor, my reasoning is thus: questionable though his action (or inaction) was as an agent of Apocalypse, it would be a very stupid move if he were in fact among the traitors.

So, at the time of my post, I was leaning toward attacking Charles, but was willing to entertain the possibility that he had further reason (this telepathic communication which has just come to light is intriguing, for example) to act in this way. Or that someone else might look like a better target as the day wears on.

Now we have two among us who have yet to check in. Of those, at least Dr. Doom is vouched for, as far as his absence goes. Iron Fist must show up or risk being my first target.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #585
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
I would be honored to assist you Professor.

JOIN BROTHERHOOD OF MUTANTS

I believe this is what you were overlooking.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #586
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
Piotr old boy, you wound me. I'll have to think of a proper way to repay you.

[singing]Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...[/singing]

Hopefully you are better at showing off than you are at singing.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #587
hoopsguy
General Manager

The assault on Galactus is something to behold. Silver Surfer, the 1st Prelate of Apocalypse, leads the charge against his once-master, unleashing a torrent of cosmic energy against the colossal being. Kang the Conqueror and Mr. Fantastic center their attacks on the massive machine that would assist with devouring a planet. Human Torch and Ghost Rider project varying flame attacks, whose impact cannot readily be discerned. The Vision attempts to disrupt Galactus with his phasing and energy powers, but to not avail. SpiderMan is also on hand, although his impact is not acknowledged by the Devourer of Worlds.

After many minutes, Galactus waives his hand and emits a wave of force that sends your forces plummeting back to earth. The remaining soldiers of Apocalypse ready their powers to preserve your numbers. You know that the might of Galactus could have annihilated you in that instant - why did he hesitate? Surely you would not in his place.

But if you watched closely, perhaps you may have noticed a faint look of concern upon the blank contenance of Galactus ...
Old 10-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #588
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
Hopefully you are better at showing off than you are at singing.

"Better" is a difficult concept when you excel at everything. Of course if I look to compare myself with others around me (present company included)...yes..."better" sounds about right.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #589
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Nice, so it looks like we did some form of damage to Galactus. Personally, I was far from expecting to actually defeat him, so for now, I consider this a minor "win"
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #590
Firebird
n00b

Yay
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #591
HenryPym
Mascot

well done people. Looks like we given him some reason for concern about us. Which may or may not be a good thing.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #592
ProfessorX
Mascot

[ooc] we have till 9 for our attacks though, right hoopsyguy? [/ooc]
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #593
ProfessorX
Mascot

Perhaps we have slowed the might of Galactacus even slightly with our efforts today.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #594
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I was hoping that we would get some kind of mission briefing PM with further information, but I guess all we get is what was posted here.

I think as mentioned several times earlier, we don't necessarily know what missions may come up for tommorrow, but we know Galactus will still be there. I think it would be a mistake to not begin planning for a new mission immediately. If someone would like to take the work we did today and attempt to build upon it by increasing numbers where needed, or bringing different types of powers where needed.

As I went on today's mission, I am unavailable to do any research tonight so I would like to try to focus tommorrow on my lab to see if I can find any kinds of break through that might assist us with any of our tasks. I will continue to serve where needed however if the decision is that I am best used in the field.

Regarding my attack for today, I fear that other pressing matters may call me away shortly. I have given an appropriate amount of time for my old nemesis Dr. Doom to show himself. I have a short amount of time left, but there really have been no indications of anything that I feel is foul play otherwise, so I will try to eliminate someone that I already have little trust for prior to this current adventure.

Standard Attack on Dr. Doom
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #595
Firebird
n00b

For now,

Normal Attack Against Iron Fist

This is, of course, dependant upon IF not checking in, but if he does, he's in.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #596
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
[ooc] we have till 9 for our attacks though, right hoopsyguy? [/ooc]

Affirmative
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #597
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

I gotta get this in so I don't forget

Standard attack against Iron Fist
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #598
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
As I went on today's mission, I am unavailable to do any research tonight so I would like to try to focus tommorrow on my lab to see if I can find any kinds of break through that might assist us with any of our tasks. I will continue to serve where needed however if the decision is that I am best used in the field.

Perhaps your research will shed light on how we may defeat the Devourer of Worlds.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #599
HenryPym
Mascot

well other than the odd apparent ignoring of Spiderman by Galactus (any explanation for that Spiderman?) the only bit of information we have to go on is that someone may have attempted to help the opposition in the rescue mutant mission. So I shall attack one of them today for lack of a better target.

Standard Attack: Gambit
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #600
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
SpiderMan is also on hand, although his impact is not acknowledged by the Devourer of Worlds.

This intrigues me, and it may answer questions for all of us. Was his inability to affect Galactus a result of his innate human weakness, a lack of expended energy or that his "skills," such as they are, are not suited to a mission like this?