Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #851
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Apocalypse.

Are you sure your superhero name isn't Captain Obvious?
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #852
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

As Prelates jump to the Prelate team, I would like to see some of the remainders of those other teams consider joining S.H.I.E.L.D. with Nick Fury, Spiderman, and myself. I'm thinking that if we had two more members, that five of us could use the team benefit and maybe take down the sentinels as a group (or maybe I'm mistaken that there is no benefit for acting as a team).
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #853
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I must have missed something here, sorry if I'm having trouble keeping on top of all this. But does the idea of the Prelates joining the same team worry anyone else?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #854
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
After much thought and consideration, I also am a bit wary of a few things that Mimic has brought forth. Perhaps it is not my place to criticize a prelate, and if that is the case I expect Apocolypse to punish me accordingly.. however I feel there is a seperate agenda at hand here somewhat.

Mimic was the only one eager enough to forcefully assign someone on a mission that ended up disastrously, to the point of sending them without any time for preparation before hand.

Mimic seemed overly eager to assign clearance to another member based on the results of the failed mission yesterday by proclaiming Magneto to be "most cleared". This is not meant as any slight to Magneto as he has come across with his words and actions to me as one that is not a traitor, and I don't have any negative feelings regarding him, I feel this direct correlation of mission result to clearance is faulty at best.

I am concerned with Mimic overstepping his role by already including Magneto in on a prelate team before any such thing has happened..

And I am very concerned that after all of my talk yesterday regarding how important the teams may end up being for mission bonuses and the like, that today Mimic feels it necessary to not ruin only one team's chemistry, but instead is trying to break apart multiple teams and any bonus that we may be working on (due to time spent together as a team) in order to form a new team.

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding his intentions greatly, but the sum of all of these actions cause me a slight bit of concern today. Once again if this is not my place to criticize a prelate, I humbly apologize, but felt it needed to be said.

You are insightful Richards. I formulated a plan last night to remove Galactus from the game. Unfortunately, the convergence of a few events precipitated this measure. I have a plan at this point and I believe that even though I will require the aid of another (and possibly one more after I remove Galactus) the end result will be one mission accomplished and a cleared player (myself). Perhaps I overstep my role, but if you follow my lead I will only need a few days to remove a threat to all of us and will only require few resources to do so.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #855
Mimic
High School JV

I meant to say that the convergence of a few events precipitated the measure of the formulation of a Prelate team.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #856
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
[ooc] busy morning [/ooc]

If it is determined that a telepath might add the mission against the Sentinals, I am happy to pledge my service there today. The lack of a mission and my attack yesterday means that I could devote more than standard energy to the mission. Or I could rest and continue to build energy for a more suitable mission.

Charles, bear with me on this because I don't know a great deal about the powers of Emma Frost, Jean Grey, or yourself, except as an observer, and by your reputation as mighty telepaths.

My opinion, though, is that none of the three of you are likely to be well suited for stopping Galactus. Barring Jean harnessing the Pheonix Force, of course, if that is something she is currently able to do.

And as mutants, I know that you have all had run-ins with the Sentinels for decades, however my belief is that we have enough brute-strength types among us that we can throw into this mission.

In finding the subversives among us, however, I would surmise that you three would reign supreme with your particular talents. Would you agree that it might be best for those with the faculties for it, stay behind and use their abilities to seek enemies?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #857
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I believe it was general consensus that Magneto came out looking the best in the mission yesterday. If Quicksilver and the Torch had thoughts about it, why didn't they come forth yesterday?

I reiterate my claim that I can stop Galactus. I cannot stop him by myself and I cannot stop him for another three days (I need to conserve my energy). The toll will be great on me, but I will need another's assistance once I defeat Galactus.

It may be prudent to still attack Galactus since he may do something in the time it takes for me to "charge" up.

I will need the other Prelates' assistance, specifically Jean and Magneto...so I ask them again to join the Prelates of Apocalypse.

Second Prelate, I think I misread this earlier. Are you asking me to help you charge or go on a Galactus mission?
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #858
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Mimic - No offense, but I'm not clearing you if you kill Galactus (nor would I expect to be cleared should I do the same).

Goodies and baddies alike need him gone.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #859
Mimic
High School JV

The other thing is that I believe Jean Grey will be essential to the Prelate team. She should know why.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #860
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I must have missed something here, sorry if I'm having trouble keeping on top of all this. But does the idea of the Prelates joining the same team worry anyone else?

Yes. Not only as was pointed out, that Mimic "jumped the gun" by asking Eric to join, but that it is indeed breaking apart the chemistry of existing teams. It would also be quite easy for one traitor in the Prelate team (if another exists) to drive an agenda and convince other Prelates that they should share their plans to give the rebellion advance notice of our strengths and weaknesses, and potentially even cripple important servants of Apocalypse.

Upon further reading about this proposed Prelate-team, it concerns me greatly.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #861
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom agrees that Kang at least should focus on ridding us of Galactus if indeed he has that power. If he fails to have done so after the time given then we will know who to target. Mimic's power sounds less useful and perhaps should be held us a backup.

In the meantime our best bet for delaying Galactus is to rid ourselves ofa traitor, as I understand it. Doom is unsure how our attacks on the planet eater affect this, but I know that each day a traitor is destroyed Galactus is held at bay.

If Kang may destroy Galactus, and our lynches may delay him, it would seem that we should put most of our effort into this Sentinel mission, while not ignoring Galactus entirely. Are there any others who have a power more useful than these missions? Doom wishes to know.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #862
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Second Prelate, I think I misread this earlier. Are you asking me to help you charge or go on a Galactus mission?

I would need your assistance to charge.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #863
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I was hestitant on it yes. But if this grouping helps us aid in Galactus-killing efforts, I think the reward outweighs the risk.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #864
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I believe that those who would be able to aid us in clearing members should be focusing on that task rather than volunteering on missions that may preclude that activity.

I request (not order) that either Vision or someone else with the knowledge or time suggest mission lineups keeping the following in mind:

Sentinel mission should have members that can be effective against machinery. Brute force would also be a benefit I would think, as well as fluidity of action.

Galactus mission should have members that can operate on a cosmic level.

If I am mistaken in the necessities of these missions, please enlighten.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #865
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Mimic - No offense, but I'm not clearing you if you kill Galactus (nor would I expect to be cleared should I do the same).

Goodies and baddies alike need him gone.

I would guarantee that I would be cleared. I can't say why now, but you'll find out after it is over.

That being said, I think that I have enough inherent defensive abilities to ward off attacks while I'm conserving energy so it may be more prudent for me to take on Galactus than you, especially since we're discussing this in the open.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #866
ProfessorX
Mascot

I think Vision that you would be correct in assuming that. I also hope that Jean and Eric consider carefully the motivations of Mimic in the creation of this Prelate team, and the cohesion and trust that the Brotherhood was beginning to develop, before she decides on a course of action.

Without revealing detail - I believe Jean to be good. I would place her on a level above Eric at this time, as the most cleared of us (apart from Apocalypse). This is because of something that Jean told me about herself.

As such, I am naturally resistant to see her leave my side, when I know that at least I am good, and join a team where there might be potential evil waiting to attempt to subvert her or destroy her.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #867
Mimic
High School JV

For those who question me openly, this would be a very bold play to make so early in the game. Either I haven't played before (or in a while) and I don't know what I'm doing or I'm a very stupid traitor.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #868
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I was hestitant on it yes. But if this grouping helps us aid in Galactus-killing efforts, I think the reward outweighs the risk.

I'll agree to that. Can you run the 'reward' aspect of this by me again?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #869
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Doom agrees that Kang at least should focus on ridding us of Galactus if indeed he has that power. If he fails to have done so after the time given then we will know who to target. Mimic's power sounds less useful and perhaps should be held us a backup.

In the meantime our best bet for delaying Galactus is to rid ourselves ofa traitor, as I understand it. Doom is unsure how our attacks on the planet eater affect this, but I know that each day a traitor is destroyed Galactus is held at bay.

If Kang may destroy Galactus, and our lynches may delay him, it would seem that we should put most of our effort into this Sentinel mission, while not ignoring Galactus entirely. Are there any others who have a power more useful than these missions? Doom wishes to know.

Doom - I've stated before and I'll state it again. Putting all the eggs in my basket would be foolish. Basically I have to work on an effort to maniuplate time so large so as to send Galactus, big as he is into a whole other timeline. My guesstimate is 3-4 days depending on the energy I can devote to it.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #870
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I see I did not understand what you were asking.

Unjoin Galactus Mission
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #871
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I think Vision that you would be correct in assuming that. I also hope that Jean and Eric consider carefully the motivations of Mimic in the creation of this Prelate team, and the cohesion and trust that the Brotherhood was beginning to develop, before she decides on a course of action.

Without revealing detail - I believe Jean to be good. I would place her on a level above Eric at this time, as the most cleared of us (apart from Apocalypse). This is because of something that Jean told me about herself.

As such, I am naturally resistant to see her leave my side, when I know that at least I am good, and join a team where there might be potential evil waiting to attempt to subvert her or destroy her.

If Jean needs me to spell it out for her, I can. I would prefer not to, but I will in the interests of Apocalypse. That being said, beware your tone of voice. I am the Second Prelate of Apocalypse and you are but a minion.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #872
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

My understanding was that the team was created to help aid in the benefit of Mimic stopping Galactus. Pretty big reward IMO
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #873
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

But I fail to follow the logic. How will a Prelate-only team aid in staving off Galactus?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #874
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

The reward aspect is removing Galactus and thereby meeting one of the win conditions.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #875
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I would guarantee that I would be cleared. I can't say why now, but you'll find out after it is over.

That being said, I think that I have enough inherent defensive abilities to ward off attacks while I'm conserving energy so it may be more prudent for me to take on Galactus than you, especially since we're discussing this in the open.

Understood.

My main point is, if the write-up is akin to "MIMIC KILLS GALACTUS"

I'll cheer loudly, but not clear you.

I'm presuming it's more than that and if so, let's work on it.

I think if both of us (and possibly anyone else) starts putting in efforts to begin these plans to refute Galactus we should at some point become successful.

In the meantime I support the idea that we attempt to continue to delay him.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #876
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
But I fail to follow the logic. How will a Prelate-only team aid in staving off Galactus?

At the time, the Prelate only team would aid in staving off Galactus as well as root out the traitors. At this point, it would simply be useful to root out traitors. I cannot tell you any more than that at this point...although at this rate, you may find out anyhow later today.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #877
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

IIRC that's what Mimic said he needed. Unless I'm misunderstood.

Mimic?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #878
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
yes, talk about all your eggs in one basket!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #879
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
At the time, the Prelate only team would aid in staving off Galactus as well as root out the traitors. At this point, it would simply be useful to root out traitors. I cannot tell you any more than that at this point...although at this rate, you may find out anyhow later today.

Wait, now I'm confused. No offense, but I think we can hunt traitors on our original teams and not put ourselves at risk of any baddie who has a power to effect a whole team.

I"m second guessing this formation.

Thoughts by other prelates?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #880
HumanTorch
n00b

Quote:
I am the Second Prelate of Apocalypse and you are but a minion.

I'm not advocating this, but the above fact could be rectified, could it not?
HumanTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #881
Mimic
High School JV

Maybe I'm confused here. Although a traitor would be able to influence a whole team with words, maybe I made a huge assumption that a traitor would not have a power to affect an entire team. If that's the case, then certainly all of the Prelates should not join.

Regardless, I think it would be useful if most of the Prelates joined and perhaps the Silver Surfer or the as-yet-unnamed Fifth Prelate stayed off. However, Jean's powers would be essential to this team.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #882
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

In response to Silver Surfer's request. These suggestions are based on: my impression of each member's power level, stated goals/abilities, and two that I left off for obvious reasons.

Galactus, Sentinels, Finding Traitors

1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
3. Ghost Rider
4. Hulk
5. Apocalypse (head honcho)
6. Silver Surfer (1st Prelate)
7. Colossus
8. Jean Grey (5th Prelate, promoted to 4th Prelate to start Day 2)
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
12. Mimic (2nd Prelate)
13. Henry Pym
14. Vision
15. Kang the Conqueror (3rd Prelate)
16. Beast
17. Dr. Doom
18. Cable
19. Firebird
21. Quicksilver
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man
26. Magneto
27. Punisher
28. Human Torch
29. Gambit
30. Scarlet Witch
31. Silver Samurai

I hope this is helpful. It looks like overkill on the Sentinel front, but i wouldn't expect everyone to check in before deadline anyway.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #883
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTorch View Post
I'm not advocating this, but the above fact could be rectified, could it not?

It could, but you don't have the power.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #884
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Maybe I'm confused here. Although a traitor would be able to influence a whole team with words, maybe I made a huge assumption that a traitor would not have a power to affect an entire team. If that's the case, then certainly all of the Prelates should not join.

Regardless, I think it would be useful if most of the Prelates joined and perhaps the Silver Surfer or the as-yet-unnamed Fifth Prelate stayed off. However, Jean's powers would be essential to this team.

Are you assuming all the Prelates must side with Apocalypse? This is not the case.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #885
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
That being said, beware your tone of voice. I am the Second Prelate of Apocalypse and you are but a minion.

[ooc] oh wow...playground bullying. are you going to take your ball and go home because i hurt your widdle feelings? [/ooc]

I meant no disrespect Calvin. I have known you since you were but a small child, I will not bow and scrape my head to the floor for you, or indeed for anyone. Indeed, insinuating that I should do so is naught but a sign of weakness. You should know better.

I will question anyone, even Apocalypse himself, because it is in the free-flow of thoughts, information, and yes, opinions, that we have the greatest chance to defeat the rebels, and Galactacus.

If that angers you, well then I'm sorry that your ego has consumed you. But I will not apologize, and I will not stop questioning. And if that means you will send others after me to do your dirty-work, well then so be it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #886
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

And this. The Vision makes a good point. I am not going to allow this to happen without good reason.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #887
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Android, did you give any consideration to my point that Sentinels are created to target my kind in the development of your list?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #888
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
In response to Silver Surfer's request. These suggestions are based on: my impression of each member's power level, stated goals/abilities, and two that I left off for obvious reasons.

Galactus, Sentinels, Finding Traitors

1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
3. Ghost Rider
4. Hulk
5. Apocalypse (head honcho)
6. Silver Surfer (1st Prelate)
7. Colossus
8. Jean Grey (5th Prelate, promoted to 4th Prelate to start Day 2)
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
12. Mimic (2nd Prelate)
13. Henry Pym
14. Vision
15. Kang the Conqueror (3rd Prelate)
16. Beast
17. Dr. Doom
18. Cable
19. Firebird
21. Quicksilver
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man
26. Magneto
27. Punisher
28. Human Torch
29. Gambit
30. Scarlet Witch
31. Silver Samurai

I hope this is helpful. It looks like overkill on the Sentinel front, but i wouldn't expect everyone to check in before deadline anyway.

Thank you. Of these, Iron Fist and Human Torch are damaged if I recall and should not be on missions today as a result.

I will suggest the following rosters:

Galactus: Silver Surfer, Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Henry Pym and Magneto. Mimic and Kang can proceed with their Galactus-stopping endeavors for the day.

Sentinels: Firebird, Vision, Colossus, Beast, Cable, Aardwolf, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #889
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I don't think I would be best suited for any mission.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #890
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
6.) Opportunity for team sabotage at any time. Can be completed in one of two ways, will be known publicly either way:
- siphon energy from team during night cycle, saboteur gains 1/2 of energy (rounding down) from every teammate in addition to their own energy
- can 100% negate actions of all teammates on a Mission Action or Galactus Action

A team of Prelates would be at risk of having their actions negated or half their energy stolen by a saboteur. I agree with those that argue that a team as proposed by the Second Prelate is unwise.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #891
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
[ooc] oh wow...playground bullying. are you going to take your ball and go home because i hurt your widdle feelings? [/ooc]

I meant no disrespect Calvin. I have known you since you were but a small child, I will not bow and scrape my head to the floor for you, or indeed for anyone. Indeed, insinuating that I should do so is naught but a sign of weakness. You should know better.

I will question anyone, even Apocalypse himself, because it is in the free-flow of thoughts, information, and yes, opinions, that we have the greatest chance to defeat the rebels, and Galactacus.

If that angers you, well then I'm sorry that your ego has consumed you. But I will not apologize, and I will not stop questioning. And if that means you will send others after me to do your dirty-work, well then so be it.

[ooc]Okay, that was in-character. I didn't think a Prelate would let a guy who needs Rogaine talk to him that way.

Also, although you say you don't bow and scrape your head to the floor, your hairline begs to differ.

With that folks, I'm out for a bit. I actually need to get some work done today.[/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #892
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Mimic, before you depart, I have a question, which will follow.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #893
ProfessorX
Mascot

Thank you Eric. Your wisdom in support of mine means a great deal to me old friend.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #894
ProfessorX
Mascot

eeegh! Alan outed himself.

quick alanT...delete and repost!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #895
Mimic
High School JV

Okey dokey. Shoot.

Ummmmm...not me.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #896
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
[ooc]Okay, that was in-character. I didn't think a Prelate would let a guy who needs Rogaine talk to him that way.

Also, although you say you don't bow and scrape your head to the floor, your hairline begs to differ.

With that folks, I'm out for a bit. I actually need to get some work done today.[/ooc]

[ooc] no worries, i assumed it was IC...just being silly. no hurt feelings [/ooc]
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #897
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
I don't think I would be best suited for any mission.

Because?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #898
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I have spoken privately with the powers that be who indicate that you may, indeed, have a unique power with which I can help. The same power will not tell me anything further than that until you tell me more.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #899
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
eeegh! Alan outed himself.

quick alanT...delete and repost!

Oh well, was bound to happen. Too much work causing me issues with the multiple ID thing.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #900
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I have spoken privately with the powers that be who indicate that you may, indeed, have a unique power with which I can help. The same power will not tell me anything further than that until you tell me more.

Understood.

[ooc]I have about ten minutes, so we may be able to get this done now[/ooc]

In that respect (Sorry Kang), I will leave the Prelates and offer my services to the Brotherhood. If Jean will not come to me, I will come to her.

LEAVE PRELATES OF APOCALYPSE