Suicane75
Coordinator

Next Project: Government
Action: Collect Supplies
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:14 AM   #1003
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I lost health. Did everyone else? I figured that would start happening and that's why I'm complaining.
It is ridiculous to weaken ourselves for no reason.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:23 AM   #1004
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

We haven't weakened ourselves for no reason. We've weakened ourselves (very marginally in my case) in order to be able to start doing sciency stuff a day earlier.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:25 AM   #1005
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

vote for science work: narcizo timmae sharn
Old 02-19-2015, 02:27 AM   #1006
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
We haven't weakened ourselves for no reason. We've weakened ourselves (very marginally in my case) in order to be able to start doing sciency stuff a day earlier.

Well I'm just glad it was the science station. I had lost track of votes and thought that gov was ahead. But I still don't see why we didn't supply ourselves first and then get to the power building after. THat way we'd all be healthy and have the dome to help with further sustenance. Sheesh...day 3 we have to wait.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:53 AM   #1007
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would not recommend anyone else mention their potential health losses at this point. That might be very useful information for our stowaway.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:06 AM   #1008
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Eagle can I ignore the group and go get supplies myself? I'll take my chances against whatever is out there. If it moves it probably barbecues nicely.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:08 AM   #1009
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm taking a guess at this, but it's possible that having the biodome up and running will begin to improve any health losses due to hunger (stands to reason anyway).

I think our best move is continuing to build our infrastructure since we know that improves our stats and increases our options. Nothing has changed my opinion it should be government as it looks like potentially doubling our medical abilities isn't going to be a significant gain, unless the reason for the minor gain on Schmidty is that CR or Autumn have misrepresented their medical abilities (not an accusation, just trying to cover all bases...but I think today it should be ntn and Autumn working on Schmidty to semi-check CR as he is in the more critical position).

Vote next project
Vote government
Old 02-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #1010
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day One Results

The biodome is complete and will begin providing benefits on day three.

ta da
Old 02-19-2015, 03:20 AM   #1011
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was thinking about the eating thing. My first thought is getting food will just keep us from losing more health, not gain any (this isn't pacman, zelda, whatever ).

can we get a rundown of EXACTLY what government will get up and what medical facility will get us that is different from the way things are now?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #1012
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I was thinking about the eating thing. My first thought is getting food will just keep us from losing more health, not gain any (this isn't pacman, zelda, whatever ).

can we get a rundown of EXACTLY what government will get up and what medical facility will get us that is different from the way things are now?

If we lose health because we're hungry then surely eating will improve our health, albeit gradually.

And I don't think we (as a group) actually know EXACTLY what anything will get us. It's (semi) educated guesses at best. I guess that the medical base will help people recover from lowered health. What government will do? :shurg: Ditto comms.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #1013
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

And eating in pacman didn't gain you any health? It got you points. Cuh!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:31 AM   #1014
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

We don't know exactly for government, Thomkal alluded to projects that will allow us to defend ourselves and possibly investigate others (to continue the Civ analogy, researching Pottery lets you build graneries, it might be something like having government lets us build government structures). Medical seems to provide a bonus benefit to injured players based on the doctors other than the head one that work in the facility.

So what did our stowaway do last night? There was nothing outwardly damaged that we can see. Frequently in a regular game when nothing happens it's either a block (which seems unlikely) or a conversion, which seems highly likely since 1 vs. 21 is hardly fair. It could be also be something akin to when the Spawn took a day off to form the Spawn Overlord for bigger potential future gains and we'll see hell breaking loose starting tonight.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:35 AM   #1015
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The government will keep thing running more efficiently, opposite of our government. Potentially avoid splintering factions.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:03 AM   #1016
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

To elaborate.government will also provide bonuses for those working in government, much lime the other facilities will do so for those in their fields. With biodome benefitting everyone.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #1017
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Who wants to be in the 'Inedible Rock' Party
Old 02-19-2015, 04:55 AM   #1018
Grover
Pro Starter

VOTE gather supplies
VOTE government

I'll bite on government, but the Biodome isn't operational until tomorrow. Wet should get something. No need to carelessly let our health start to decline. In an unknown work we need to be our strongest.

It seems like the medical folk are helping Schmidty recover so we can probably wait a couple of days for the med center.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:56 AM   #1019
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I believe we'd actually be gathering supplies that were dropped just before we landed. Rather than filling our larder with Mars bars.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #1020
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I believe we'd actually be gathering supplies that were dropped just before we landed. Rather than filling our larder with Mars bars.

We might find the odd Buggalo carcass too!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:38 AM   #1021
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Did anyone lose a significant amount of health?

I lost 5.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #1022
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Schmidty's condition shows the need for more medical supplies and equipment. I am hoping that if we retrieve the supplies we may be more capable at taking care of injuries, but if that's not the case I am going to push for a medical center pronto. It would be nice to not to have several doctors working several days to fix just one injury. If the vote goes to not collect supplies then I think we need the med facility first. We're already keeping the doctors busy so it wouldn't drain our work force.

Continue to work on Schmidty
Vote Collect Supplies
Vote Next Project Medical Facility
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #1023
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Looks like Shark, timmae and I have the strongest scientific backgrounds. I suggest we get put to work discovering bronze-working and the alphabet and whatnot.

I am full in with that idea. Can't wait to start to work for the cause!

I am hungry by the way
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #1024
Grover
Pro Starter

VOTE timmae to work in the Scientific Research Center

Old 02-19-2015, 07:03 AM   #1025
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

vote research center workers; Timmae, Sharkn20 & Narciso
Vote : fix communicator
Vote : explore the surface

We may have to start to figure out what we have around, and fix the communicator to speak with our government, instead to create one yet.

The best workers of each facility should be working for the community!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:12 AM   #1026
timmae
College Starter

Just a quick note until I get time to post more.. With factions being split off to start separate sets of projects we need government. No other option in my mind.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #1027
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Just a quick note until I get time to post more.. With factions being split off to start separate sets of projects we need government. No other option in my mind.

What exactly a governmet can do for us??
Old 02-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #1028
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I have sent out the roles, everyone should have received a PM. Please let me know if you didn't get anything.

Just got my PM!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #1029
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post

The currency we use on Mars is rations, not everyone will receive the same amount of rations. Rations will be based on your usefulness on the planet. Now, what government will do is take a portion of each colonists rations every day, those who earn less rations will see a greater proportion of those rations going to the government. After collecting the rations, the government will arbitrarily redistribute those rations based on a super-secret formula.

You will want to discuss your ration taxation with a local Martian CPA. You may qualify for the Biodome energy efficiency credit. However, while Earth provides a child care tax credit, child care on Mars will get you a tax penalty.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #1030
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
The currency we use on Mars is rations, not everyone will receive the same amount of rations. Rations will be based on your usefulness on the planet. Now, what government will do is take a portion of each colonists rations every day, those who earn less rations will see a greater proportion of those rations going to the government. After collecting the rations, the government will arbitrarily redistribute those rations based on a super-secret formula.

You will want to discuss your ration taxation with a local Martian CPA. You may qualify for the Biodome energy efficiency credit. However, while Earth provides a child care tax credit, child care on Mars will get you a tax penalty.

Oh, so we're already doomed to fail?

Can you explain a ration derivitive to me?

Old 02-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #1031
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

Not very well, no. But at this point we haven't been given the option to construct an exchange facility. Once that happens you can start speculating in Martian Ration Futures.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #1032
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Oh, so we're already doomed to fail?

hmmmm so it's EXACTLY like chaos spawn
Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #1033
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tragedy Strikes

No one has checked on Schmidty lately. When you do you can't believe your eyes. He has no vital signs. He is dead.

You look around and all that you find is that it looks like he was strangled. This wasn't natural causes from the landing. This was foul play. There is a murderer among you.

Schmidty was a reality star that joined this mission because his manager thought it would be good publicity for his career (he didn't think that through) and to get away from the sex tape scandal, he thought those pastries were of age at the time.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #1034
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Poli can you be my bartender? I'll pay you 5 cents an hour

CF, my rate is 1 dollar a minute. Plus tip. At least that's what I charge my co-workers for tech support. Plus, I didn't make the trip.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:43 AM   #1035
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn, now shit is getting real. It's a weird choice to off someone who is injured, though I guess he couldn't fight back.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #1036
timmae
College Starter

That's more like it... I knew we were in for a little chaos. Things seemed too... calm.

Thomkal... what are your thoughts? How do we contain the stowaway as soon as possible?
Old 02-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #1037
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post

We are about to send 3 colonists off to man the research facility with little or no structure in place to oversee the colony. With a stowaway roaming amongst us we cannot be certain who they are or what they will do. Do shut down everything to police it some other way may be an option but without government we have no way to detect certain things. Creating a portal to earth will get additional information on everyone but Schmidty had a skeleton... other may also. EF said as much early on.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #1038
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I'm taking a guess at this, but it's possible that having the biodome up and running will begin to improve any health losses due to hunger (stands to reason anyway).

I think our best move is continuing to build our infrastructure since we know that improves our stats and increases our options. Nothing has changed my opinion it should be government as it looks like potentially doubling our medical abilities isn't going to be a significant gain, unless the reason for the minor gain on Schmidty is that CR or Autumn have misrepresented their medical abilities (not an accusation, just trying to cover all bases...but I think today it should be ntn and Autumn working on Schmidty to semi-check CR as he is in the more critical position).

Vote next project
Vote government

I think that Schmidty gaining only a little is HUGELY because we don't have a Medical Facility. He also didn't have food, just like the rest of us. And I believe it was a mistake to not fill all three spots needed on him, placing ntndeacon with us as well. Remember, that decision was made based on a presumption of Schmidty's potential lack of future usefulness, given his spotty appearance record to date.

Our moderator has informed us as to the normal maximum for our skills. I assure you, Schmidty's small gain is not for lack of medical skill among those watching over him. I am extremely well skilled, and I suspect Autumn is, too, unless he misrepresented himself (I do not believe he did that).

Also, do not take me out of a doctor's role. I am worthless outside of being a doctor. I don't have better than average ability in any other skill, and I might as well be an amoeba if I am asked to do something technical and mechanical.

If you want Schmidty and others to heal faster, don't make assumptions about health improvement. Instead, get us the tools and resources to do our jobs. Build the Medical Facility. Add Autumn AND ntndeacon AND myself to any healing that needs to be done.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:57 AM   #1039
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And, JAG, you should know as well as anyone how important our health will become in a game of werewolf.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #1040
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tragedy Strikes

No one has checked on Schmidty lately. When you do you can't believe your eyes. He has no vital signs. He is dead.

You look around and all that you find is that it looks like he was strangled. This wasn't natural causes from the landing. This was foul play. There is a murderer among you.

Schmidty was a reality star that joined this mission because his manager thought it would be good publicity for his career (he didn't think that through) and to get away from the sex tape scandal, he thought those pastries were of age at the time.

Ah, sonofab...

Old 02-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #1041
timmae
College Starter

I don't want to steal Font's/Thomkal's thunder but I know I would personally like to receive full reports back from everyone who had access to Schmidty. There may be nothing to report but we need to start cross referencing character to determine who the 22nd actually is. We're down to 20 colonists and the stowaway now.

To that end, if Shark, Narc and I go over to the research facility I damn well better know that we're safe from attack. Losing all of any one skill would be extremely detrimental to survival.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:03 AM   #1042
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't want to steal Font's/Thomkal's thunder but I know I would personally like to receive full reports back from everyone who had access to Schmidty. There may be nothing to report but we need to start cross referencing character to determine who the 22nd actually is. We're down to 20 colonists and the stowaway now.

To that end, if Shark, Narc and I go over to the research facility I damn well better know that we're safe from attack. Losing all of any one skill would be extremely detrimental to survival.

I don't know that we can offer much. Only Autumn and I were watching over him.

I was told about the reality star thing myself in my PM last night, as I apparently recognized him while monitoring him. I wasn't sure yet what to do with that information, but now it's out there and doesn't matter. That, and a health update, were all I got last night.

I'm frankly at a loss how to explain how a patient under two vigilant doctors could be strangled. It's not like we have anything else to do.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:09 AM   #1043
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Day Two Options

fontisian as leader may decide:
- who works on Schmidty
- who works in the science research center (these resources will be pulled away from the colony resources and can begin their own projects on day three)

the colony must decide
- Next project (Government, Medical Facility, fix communicator)
- Action (Collect supplies from supply drop, Work on next project, Explore the Surface)

Day Two has begun, deadline is 10 PM EST Thursday.

Project: Medical Facility
Action: Work on next project

I am not going to bother to submit names for the Science center. That's not my job nor one I have enough info to handle. Personally, I believe that only the Lead Scientist or our Benevolent Leader should make that decision.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 02-19-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Edited to fix vote bolding
Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #1044
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I edited my last post within five minutes (30 seconds actually) to do correct bolding of my votes.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #1045
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am of the opinion we will soon get our food from the biodome, so going to gather supplies is an unnecessary risk. We know that colony failed and ended in blood-curdling screams. That sounds like a lot more risk for relatively small gain, unless someone knows something more about what other supplies we could get from there that would really help us.

The surface will always be there. I think we need to establish our base, then we can go exploring the surface.

I also don't entirely get what we gain from fixing the communicator. Information from Earth? What information can help us? Will they ID the stowaway for us? I doubt that.

I have already made clear my feelings on a selection of the next project.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #1046
timmae
College Starter

Action: Collect supplies
Old 02-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #1047
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm hopelessly behind. I'm at the end of page 6, post 300. How in the world did I play this before? I'm determined to read through, though.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #1048
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Action: Collect supplies

Guess it's easy to send others off to go on a risky supply mission and not have a medical facility to help heal them if things go wrong, when you're a cushy scientist who gets to stay in his facility.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #1049
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Guess it's easy to send others off to go on a risky supply mission and not have a medical facility to help heal them if things go wrong, when you're a cushy scientist who gets to stay in his facility.

Well, we do have a murderer/stowaway (same person/different?) at this point. Getting a government in place could give us the means to find him or her.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #1050
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
seriously I want to meet these Skydogs, Wignasty, and Hornsmaniac cats. They sound like hoopy froods that I want to party with!

I had a few conversations with Wignifty. Cool kid.