Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #301
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I renamed the game for merely anal reasons...would have done it before but didn't want to confuse you

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #302
bhlloy
Coordinator

Oh, one thing that did strike me as odd from today but I was just too busy to follow up on it was when JAG claimed that his character had touched a mirror that his alcohol was on (or something like that). Given how specific my writeup was and my role was to the item I touched that really sounded fishy to me. Along with the fact that I don't think he ever revealed his name.

Doubt it would have made much of a difference in the end but something I wish I'd pushed a bit more. I really shouldn't try to play this game with my new job (not that it's that new anymore) as I just don't have the time to do it justice
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #303
bhlloy
Coordinator

As for DT, that really lost me the game. I honestly thought that his day 3 vote made it very unlikely he was a wolf but I guess I really did just miss on that. I still can't believe that the wolves had 3 straight votes on CR
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #304
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Gather round, my spirits and I shall tell you that tale of our cover stories..." says Death

"You see, all of us "Bad" guys (although I really think that we do the world good in our own way.) we have killed and /or eaten so many that we each took on the guys of someone that we had killed and here were our personas..."

Danny...

You are Wexford Snod ....a Scholar. You never came out to see the sunlight. You sat there day after day, head buried in books. And the books would tower around you and eventually swallow you up. So that you lived in the books. And no one ever saw you again. Except during Summer Holidays, where you would go to Lord Snout’s and remain in the library.

You touched the red pillow, the same pillow sat on by Wexford every day while he read his books. And it was the most comfortable illow in the hall and everyone wanted to sit on it, but Snod would not let them. One day he got thirsty and went to fix a drink and when he returned, two ladies were fighting over the pillow and it received a tear. And so from then on you never left the pillow. And now you’ve touched it and brought Wexford back.

JAG.

You are Lord Montague Prewitt, a man who was as much fond of cycling as he was of good drink. Many a day you would ride through the village to the pub or out into the country to Lord Stout's for the weekend. You would frequently drain the beer larder's dry. And inebreated he got. And would ride his bicycle through the halls, tracking mud everywhere and hitting a person or two, but not very hard.

You touched the golden mirror which you used to shamefully use as a coaster before it was fastened to the wall. That coaster would get rings on it. Horrid little rings that would refelect on each person who looked in the mirror.

Zinto.

You are Lord Chauncy Redbreast, a fat man of an insatiable appetite. Typically you would arrive in the early after noon, start eating and would not be finished until when the clock chimed at midnight. Spaghetti and steak and gooseberry pie. Duckling and watercrest and buns made of rye. All you would eat. and have 10 meals a day.

You touched the Pinot Grigio, a favorite of Lord Redbreast. He was eatig a mound of food one day and had made it through half and 7 bottles before and the last he had left to save for another time, for at halfway through his meal he had to suddenly run to the commode for he had a bad oyster in the three dozen he ate. And so he just never got back to his meal and his favorite wine. BUt now you have touched it and brought him back.

Daddy Torgo.

You are Camilla Farnsby, a clever woman of 33. The smallest you ever did see. Very petite and not much in height. Often she was mistook for a child, even in her classroom where she taught every day. One day there was a fire, a great fire at the school and as she got the children out the others mistook her as such and counted her along and ordered her go on the truck with the others, yet she had no mom and so to an orphanage she went. This small petite woman, a lady or cleverness wasn’t clever enough. But she was made ward of the estate during the infamous “adopt a child” day every year it would come. And so there she lived for a time.

The sofa that you touched was the very sofa she stood on many a time to see. When a picture was took she would be at the back standing on it. Or to reach a book on the sofa she went. And the beds, well too big were they for her. So they fixed it up for her to sleep on. They pampered her in a most unfortunate way. And the touch on the sofa has now brought her back there.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #305
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
As for DT, that really lost me the game. I honestly thought that his day 3 vote made it very unlikely he was a wolf but I guess I really did just miss on that. I still can't believe that the wolves had 3 straight votes on CR

The funny thing about that was in actuality there really was nothing to that point that was terribly odd. The people in the basement had NO CLUE saldana revealed, none at all at first. Then they said "What the heck? Why all the votes on Danny?" But no one considered...hmmm there must be a reveal.

So the votes on Chief were simply trying to vote for chief to keep it a twoparty race. Not even thinking or at least no one said it in thread that a reveal may have happened. DT voted then he left for the day. He really did. He was not in thread nor on the site for the rest of the day. Surprising he didn't use that as an excuse for his Chief vote but he did seem really busy this game in real life

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-16-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #306
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

more stories coming...
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #307
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Funny stories
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #308
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

After I sent out the intial PMs saying you were all relatives of Lord Stout...

I had this interchange with mauchow...

Private Message: Re: role ?

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Crimson\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
mauchow
Pro Starter

Re: role ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow
I'm not seeing mine.

I'll keep re reading my pm though
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Crimson\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif[/IMG]

Your role is mauchow
[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Crimson\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
So I shouldn't fake reveal yet?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-16-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #309
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Zinto was confused after one of the interchanges about who to nightkill...

Private Message: Re: Night Kill
Recipients: DaddyTorgo, Danny, JAG, Zinto | Reply To All

CrimsonFox
Coordinator

Re: Night Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto
Just to make sure CF saw we are going to night kill Danny.

you are? LOL that will be a first for sure.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #310
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

DaddyTorgo was doing well in treasurehunting although not as good as he thought, when he suddenly unfortunately proclaimed the following...

01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Crimson\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
I lost count of how much treasure I found, but I think I might be #3 on that list, or else really close. I guess I should go add that up.

Which then of course led to three people stealing from him at once taking everything he had!

01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alright - who's the motherfucker who robbed me of like 2700 coins and my ring???

Fuck yoU!!

I seriously was laughing for the next half hour, unable to get anything done for quite a bit.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #311
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And even better, two nights after Lathum stepped in for Jackal, Lathum AGAIN stole from the pisspoor DT

Kick em when they're up...kick em when they're down...

Old 01-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And yes all of you had a stealing ability. Every one of you...and they were all the same...they just all were called different things.

as such:
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #313
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

bhlloy/Lord Smedley Mowbrey

"Thieves" he calls you! Why you are totally insulted! Oh wait that's right. You ARE a thief. That's why you're here! Okay then, you'd better show him just how good a thief you are and use those skills of yours.

New Skill: TOPHAT
Everyone loves your hat. It's so fascinating. So shiny! "May I hold it? And Try it on to see how I look in it?" they always say. And you let them. Of course you let them. So when they are all fussing over your hat, you fuss over their wallets and purses and pockets. What better way to receive a treasure.

booradley/Miss Brunella Weepworth

"Thieves" he calls you! Why you are totally insulted! Oh wait that's right. You ARE a thief. That's why you're here! Okay then, you'd better show him just how good a thief you are and use those skills of yours.

New Skill: CRYBABY
You can become such a crybaby that people will just absentmindedly hand something to you inside their handkerchief just to shut you up. And they don't even realize it. Just glad you leave.

Autumn/Adele Batter

New Skill: DUST
You ALWAYS have a featherduster with you and you are always dusting things. It just so happens that everywhere people go there is something to dust. So in doing your duties you would be within your rights to dust that exact thing that person is next to and in doing so take a treasure from them.

Mauchow/Thomasina Buttersby

New Skill: Entertain!
You may "ENTERTAIN" anyone you choose and while you entertain them and dance aorund them you grab one treasure item of theirs. This action may be performed in PM to me with the target person and target MUST be in the room with you. Get it in by DAY action or NIGHT action.

Darth Vilus/Madame Zorah Von Stuttervane

New Skill: FORTUNETELL

You dress the part, you look the part, you just don't have any magical powers. But what you lack in magic, you make up for in bullshit. People always love having their fortunes told, to have you read their hand or look into the crystal ball or close their eyes and talk to ghosts. And while they do all that you simply pick their pocket. And take things...like a treasure.

Jackal-Lathum/ Beatrice Waxweed

New Skill: PRIMP
As you love to primp and fuss over other people's look and other people's clothes, like smoothing out a suitcoat, or fixing someone's hair or cleaning their face or changing the flow of a gown, it is terribly easy to, say, grab something from their pocket at the same time, like a treasure.

Passacaglia / Rev Bland

New Skill: SERMON
Your sermons put people into a glazed-eyed cathartic state where they don't know what planet they are on, yet are not exactly asleep. When they reach this state they are completely unaware that you are taking money from them (either with the collection plate or simply reaching into their pockets and taking them). So you can now SERMON someone and take a treasure from them.

Chief Rum / Herbert Wainscotting

New Skill: DULL
You become DULL. So DULL that people forget you are there. And when they do you simply walk up and take something from them without them realizing you were ever there for no one would ever suspect someone as dull as you to take something.

Goldeneagle / Gertrude Hopewell

New Skill: HIDE OBJECT
Your clothes are so layered and thick, you could hide a truck in them. And people never really see where your hands are, making it easily to pass through a busy crowd and stick one of their treasures into your gown.

ntndeacon / Undoubtful Guest

New Skill: CONFUSE
You confuse everyone. You wander into a room full of people who don't know what to make of this odd birdcreature and stand nose to the wall and stare. And pretty sure they are all watching you and then watching what you watch. Or else ust try....try not to notice your weird beaklike nose. And try not to comment and try not to stare. And when that happens you take what you want from them. For you are doing what you do and someone should pay for that. Pay with treasure!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #314
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Steal abilities were given out after the first villager death as revenge to the old coot.

The wolves did not have this, until Lord Stout realized you were all stealing too and ordered the wolves to steal his treasure back so gave them all steal abilities too.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #315
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

btw, awesome first game Boo! One of the best first games I think I've ever seen!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #316
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was deeply saddened when the most active person of the first few days was nightkilled first (dubb)

Even more saddening was that Darth Vilus was active as hell this game and was voted out day 2 as usual
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #317
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wait, so who won? I am confused.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #318
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wait, so who won? I am confused.

Wolves won. (JAG)
Individual wins: Zinto and Mauchow
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #319
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Not since "Reservoir Dogs" has there been a better commode story...

From the Top Floor thread:
Quote:
Hoggsworth adds, "Ah Mr Dubb, you are awake. I was worried about you. Here, here is your drink. I apologize for your name but you see, I can't pronounce numbers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I seem to have a strange pain in my abdomen. I will:

INSPECT COMMODE
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox
Hoggsworth adds, "Ah Mr Dubb, you are awake. I was worried about you. Here, here is your drink. I apologize for your name but you see, I can't pronounce numbers."

Had quite the rough night. As I'm sure your commode will attest to shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
The Commode was my second choice, on the thinking that CF would put something there where someone may not choose to go right away. So good luck with that?
---
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Had quite the rough night. As I'm sure your commode will attest to shortly.

"A three-day New Years Eve? You ARE a stalwart fellow, aren't you. I suppose you'll want to find the bar. In the meantime, what would you like to drink?"

--

Quote:

Quote:
And I'll take the finest brew you have. I prefer upscale, craft beer, like Old Milwaukee and PBR.

--

Quote:

Quote:
An hour later, after Hogsworth stops laughing, he delivers you a beast.
Quote:
--

Quote:

Quote:

Ah, yes, thank you Hogsworth. This shall bring me great joy. Now where is my brew?
--
Quote:

Quote:
The beast hits you and you take 5 damage. It then bores you with its lecture on how hitting is wrong and that he will have his day in court soon.

--In PM to Dubb:
Quote:
Treasurefind:You search through your own feces in the commode but just find more feces. You can keep it though if you wish.

Back in the top floor thread:

Quote:
I will go to the middle floor.

And I think I will keep what I found Hogsworth.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #320
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And no mauchow there was no button that would have taken anyone down here to the ground floor from the middle floor.

Jag wasn't lying anyway. He got a favor the first day and used it to go to the top floor just like he said.

Pretty ballsy move actually. Totally sealed Danny's fateeven though it was probably going to happen anyway. But doing so gave villager vibes to some people that were still voting CR before he went up top

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #321
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
btw, awesome first game Boo! One of the best first games I think I've ever seen!

Yes, definitely. Hope you play some more and we end up on the same side next time.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #322
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Was there no D1 lynch because we didn't throw the red lever or because there weren't enough votes on any one person? When I put together the vote totals, I was surprised to see DT was the leading vote getter (at least according to my count) and thought we dodged a bullet there as I had no idea he was even getting voted.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #323
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Something else funny. When JAG and CR were in the Library, JAG chose a book to inspect. That book contained the most valuable treasure in the game.

6000 pound sapphire

And then he changed his mind and chose a different book.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #324
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And no mauchow there was no button that would have taken anyone down here to the ground floor from the middle floor.

Jag wasn't lying anyway. He got a favor the first day and used it to go to the top floor just like he said.

Pretty ballsy move actually. Totally sealed Danny's fateeven though it was probably going to happen anyway. But doing so gave villager vibes to some people that were still voting CR before he went up top

It wasn't to find out if he lied. It was to find out if he had revealed the favor before the reveal...which he did. I would have changed my vote then as mentioned. Its all good though.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #325
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Anyway thanks for playing. I hope you were entertained as that is always my goal. If you hated it or parts of it, that's no doubt my fault and I'll try to improve in the future.

Some things to take from this game I observed:
1. Trust your gut more.
-So many times people have an idea of something to do and don't follow through or vote for someone with their reasoning and then later change based on other info. Honestly if you have STRONG feelings about someone (and I'm not just saying a slight hunch) and then you change your vote based on others giving you info, then you have just listened to a wolf.
2. Use the tools.
-Once again mauchow made some tremendous plays because he used the tools in this game. Each game is different. But games with items and levers and special abilities and such, they will do things for you. If you don't use them you give away your advantage to those that ARE using them. Remember Evil Dead? He got ahold of all kinds of stuff that helped him at the end. The other thing is that this being werewolf, it is HIGHLY likely you will die with the idol so to speak so don't "save items" to use them later. Thre usually ISN'T a later. These games go quick.
3. If you have something cool, you probably aren't the only one.
-There were duplicartes of lots of the stuff. Some didn't realize this I think but the evidence and conversations as well as all the lever stuff should have hinted that everyone was getting lots of stuff. Previous games like Portal and ED should have hinted that items could give abilities. So thinking that your item/ability is unique isn't a good thing (unless like SEER or something).
4. Obviously saying "It is a bad idea for the village to vote me off" will get you nightkilled and "I have SOOO much money!" will get you stolen from.

i thought of others but forget them now. Will update as i think of them. Abe's game is up next whenever Abe starts things.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #326
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
It wasn't to find out if he lied. It was to find out if he had revealed the favor before the reveal...which he did. I would have changed my vote then as mentioned. Its all good though.

I don't follow your logic. And I don't really believe you either. Or even if you WOULD have changed your vote, you likely would have changed it back. Ehhh you went with the most likely scenario based on the facts in front of you. bhlloy wasn't a bad call. He was making his case and acting a certain way and Jag was making his in his way. I think that was enough too to make the switch if you really wanted to.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #327
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

btw Jag, it was funny. Not only did you send me several "talking to yourself" debates about people and what they would do mauchow was doing the same thing. He had severe spidey sense about DT way back.

And you too Jag, I think he started doubting you based on your sudden small talk about "your butler favor". Mau has this amazing ability to know when "Wolf small talk" is being attempted. Very strong game.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #328
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My only trust for jag was for the favor and going upstairs to everyone. If saldana had revealed and jag said "hey great I've got a favor to go leave tge room. I'll do that !" I would have kept my vote as is. I may have in the end considered bhlloy anyway but when I thought of the plan my intention was to leave the room and get into the ground floor someway at which point I change my vote and boo follows suit as he'd have to trust me since I wouldn't be able to get back into middle floor.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #329
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

regarding treasure btw, I used the treasure cards to the board game DUNGEON to determine what was in each place. Dungeon treasure cards are split into levels 1-6.
Every time a new room came to a level there were more chances to draw from a higher stack of the cards. I made charts each day.
Although sometimes like a level 3 treasure will actually be higher than a level 4, etc. Each new room day a new chart was used. But it was all random.
Secret door cards became the butler favors and the magic swords translated to voting boost swords. ESP Medallions gave you the ability to spy the most valuable treasure in a room. cages kept you from moving that night and slides took you to a different level.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #330
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I could tell Mau was putting a lot of effort into the game towards the end (and maybe before but I couldn't tell at that point). We really should've killed him the night we took out Lathum, but with the death in his wife's family it seemed right to get rid of him at that point.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #331
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
My only trust for jag was for the favor and going upstairs to everyone. If saldana had revealed and jag said "hey great I've got a favor to go leave tge room. I'll do that !" I would have kept my vote as is. I may have in the end considered bhlloy anyway but when I thought of the plan my intention was to leave the room and get into the ground floor someway at which point I change my vote and boo follows suit as he'd have to trust me since I wouldn't be able to get back into middle floor.

yeah hindsight and all that. I don't think boo would have followed tho. I think that was the main reason you stayed bhlloy. Anyway it wouldn't have mattered. There was no way downstairs. Yet even if jag said the wrong thing or if jag had indeed said so before, that's not proof he was a wolf at all. He could have said it for his own reasons or just because he was bored or nonsecretive or didn't remember exactly what he said or whatever. It wasn't proof.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #332
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You wouldn't have even needed boo to change his vote because bhlloy had a +1 voting sword. Just your vote change would have lynched me instead of him.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #333
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
My only trust for jag was for the favor and going upstairs to everyone.

yeah I point JAG back to that saldana reveal and spreading the word as to why he did well. He was SOOO freaked out ALL WEEK and certain he was going to lose. I'm still not sure why. You mau screwed his world so many time. The night Autumn died he was aiming for you but could not kill you because you weren't there because you got bored and went upstairs.

Your button pressing mau also helped the village immensely
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #334
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

When nothing game altering was happening when pushing and pulling I had no problem using em. Lol
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 AM   #335
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

It was also handy that saldana picked out the brutal to kill first, especially seeing as the BG could protect him back-to-back nights. I calculated the chances of him going two for two scanning (non-cunning) wolves at 2.2%.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #336
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It was also handy that saldana picked out the brutal to kill first, especially seeing as the BG could protect him back-to-back nights. I calculated the chances of him going two for two scanning (non-cunning) wolves at 2.2%.

calculate this!

His next scan:

saldana
Pro Starter

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\Crimson\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Re: night action

i just wanted to change my scan target if i live through the night

change to Daddy Torgo with bhlloy with the backup

Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #337
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, as epic a seer performance as you'll ever see.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #338
booradley
High School Varsity

Interesting stuff. It would have been real tough to make me switch my vote off bhlloy the final night. Not impossible though - JAG was worrying me toward the end. Had a great time, regardless!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #339
Autumn
Head Coach

Great game everyone. CF, your writeups and showmanship are top notch as always. Your games are like Broadway and the rest of us are off-off-Broadway.

When I got night killed I knew it must be JAG, I was surprised no one else followed that logic. It would'nt make sense for Bhlloy as a wolf to kill one of the "three", certainly not the one that might receive some votes. If the kill wasn't Mau or Boo, that should have been a big clue, and the kill was obviously to frame Bhlloy.

JAG did a good job, but as someone was saying yesterday I think after a while his "villager" play started to look transparent. If not for Bhlloy continuing to draw attention I think he would have been caught. But Bhlloy continued to really play over the top which I think hurt him.

Amazing games by Mau and Boo. Boo, you were really playing fantastic. You really nailed DT when I was hardly paying him any attention. Your post collecting is a huge boon to the village, it makes it so much easier to consider the evidence. You were off on Bhlloy, like all of us, but that's because there seemed a lot of good evidence there.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #340
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

incidently I had no idea what to make of bhlloy's "seer scan item" ploy at the end. Whenever someone says stuff like that (and they do a lot) it of course sends me into my outbox to see if I messed up in describing something. All I know about ploys are, if they are a lie and even if you tell people you did it to catch a wolf, people won't usually believe anything you say and think you're guilty of being a wolf. I'm not sure why but they just do. Also telling people to vote you out like that usually doesn't work either. Mainly because if you act extreme, people misread it as wolfish and therefore want to keep you in.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #341
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
When I got night killed I knew it must be JAG, I was surprised no one else followed that logic. It would'nt make sense for Bhlloy as a wolf to kill one of the "three", certainly not the one that might receive some votes. If the kill wasn't Mau or Boo, that should have been a big clue, and the kill was obviously to frame Bhlloy.

My argument was going to be killing boo would've looked really bad for bhlloy and he knew you had a double vote so getting rid of you meant he only needed to sway one of boo/Mau to get a win. But yeah, no one asked.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #342
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I apologize to any GM I've ever given shit to about ANYTHING or fired off too many PMs to especially near deadline...

I also have a new years resolution of running a game without so many rules...maybe one with NO rules. YEAH!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Speaking of which if anyone wants to use any of these rules or gameplay ideas in their future games, go for it.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The name of the artist is Edward Gorey. Tons and tons of books. All of the pictures were from the net but they all game from his tons of books. Available at your local library. And you nailed it brit. He did do the intro to the PBS Mystery series back when Vincent Price and Diana Rigg hosted.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #345
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thanks for killing my lover so that I died Night 2, if I remember right.

I am going back into WW retirement for a while unless there is a theme that fits my fancy.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #346
Autumn
Head Coach

What if we promise not to kill your boyfriends anymore, Spleen??
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #347
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

BTW
Red Lever = opened and closed the voting panel so you could see the votes. There was always one on every level. I meant it as sort of a toggle so that if one person opened it on one level and then someone on another level pulled it again, it would close and there would be a sort of "level war" going on with it. But that never really happened. I guess all you lazy people were happy enough to let bhlloy and mau do all the pulling for you.
Red button started the votes but that was merely an RP device as Hogsworth pressed it on all 4 levels.

Day 1 no one died because DV tied it up in the last half hour. Jackal was about to go down before that. Ties = no kill. (And you all have continued your streak of tying votes up wheneer I'm running. just sayin' :P )

I was surprised that more people didn't try to figure out the levers by pooling info. Autumn and Danny are usually all over that stuff. I'll chalk that up to sickness and wolfness

bhlloy did a fairly good job trying to figure it out.

Oh purple lever pulled on any level gave all four levers...I mean gave all four LEVELS a new room. I had a list of 9 for each level ready. Just had to find a good picture and make up items. Then roll for treasure etc.

Blue lever gave ONLY THAT level a new room but if a purple lever was pulled it would cancel it out. (which did happen)

White/tan/cream/yellow buttons closed/opened exits to various places.

All the other colored levers and buttons moved people.
levers acted at deadline and buttons "instantly" (or based on when I could get online)

I really shouldn't have put the realtime element in this but it did make things more interesting fun and allowed both sides to make some big moves (even when they didn't know they were making them)

The other mistake I made. Sometimes when you pressed a button/lever, nothing happened because of certain perimeters. (No one to move, too late, no exit there etc...) I should have said "You push the button and nothing happens" each time that occurred. Was too lazy with that since I was usually doing votes, treasure, and room stuff. Had I done that you probably would have had more insight to figure things out.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #348
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Thanks for killing my lover so that I died Night 2, if I remember right.

I am going back into WW retirement for a while unless there is a theme that fits my fancy.

Hurry back! Was great having you in game. Sorry you died again fast.
Yeah I understand about the "having a cool theme you like" thing. Game mechanics and type help determine too.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #349
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, at game start I had a spreadsheet with all the levers and buttons and would typically have kept that going and put it all together, but then the flu happened. I remmeber from Evil Dead that pulling all that info together was vital. I liked that in this game though it didn't feel like the rooms and gadgets and all overshadowed the werewolf game. It was a nice balance.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #350
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
4. Obviously saying "It is a bad idea for the village to vote me off" will get you nightkilled and "I have SOOO much money!" will get you stolen from.

Heh. I was headed for a lynch anyway, as far as I knew. Still...

I think this is the second CF game I have played (Portal 2 being the other). Needless to say after this game's gaffe, I always end up confused and thwarting any role/power I have.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote