Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 10:15 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

ok, let me have SOME things back....

Hey Skydog, atleast let me freaking PM guys. This IS an FOF board and you are now screwing with me getting in contact with a possible owner.

Old 12-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Flasch186
Coordinator

what happened? where was I....gosh, im on this board all the time...did i miss something?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-11-2004, 11:04 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
what happened? where was I....gosh, im on this board all the time...did i miss something?

yes you did, thats ok though. lets just say one league's commish is suspended, one board member banned, one has quit the board, and I have my controls reduced to posting only. And i am sure that will be taken away soon enough.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
Flasch186
Coordinator

hmmm, sorry to hear that. who quit? who was banned? i dont need explanations (no grandstanding) just names will do.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

haha, grandstanding. thats funny, someone else has said that to me tonight.

but i am afraid if i put up names again i will be banned. and i have to think of my league here for a bit instead of how i dislike hypocrites so much....so i will PM you on the USFL boards..
Old 12-11-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Disabling the PM function seems like a very strange penalty to me.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:24 PM   #7
Cuckoo
College Starter

I want to know what happened too. I saw a thread called "I'm leaving the board" or something like that, but the next thing I knew it was deleted.

Sorry, but the curiosity is killing me.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:27 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
I want to know what happened too. I saw a thread called "I'm leaving the board" or something like that, but the next thing I knew it was deleted.

Sorry, but the curiosity is killing me.

Suicane quit the board over all this, but apperently guys saying good bye are not allowed....

Last edited by Cringer : 12-11-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

What's happening to the happy lil world? Everyone going byebye and angry. Board not happy place of escape anymore. DT go and cry in corner.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6
Disabling the PM function seems like a very strange penalty to me.

No shit, how about taking away posting privledges? I don't think I have ever used my PM, except for I'm with stupid. So basically if I keep bitching and moaning about a banning I will just lose my ability to be in I'm with stupid?

Last edited by panerd : 12-11-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:52 PM   #11
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Oooh... a mystery. We'll have to puzzle the pieces together, especially who in their right mind would disable PMing as a punishment!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:56 PM   #12
MikeVic
Head Coach

I have no clue what happened here... why did Suicane leave??
Old 12-11-2004, 11:57 PM   #13
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Actually, all of my Control Panel stuff was taken away, so I can not have a signature like the one i had that explained what started this all. Since all my other attempts have been deleted in order to keep the truth from getting out for some unknown reason. I may post something on my leagues board later. But I am not saying any more here because God forbid I say something that is the truth and get banned. Then that can hurt my league since I would not be able to find out certian things I may need to know, or try to get a new owner when needed.

Like now, I need to PM guy who was interested in my league and can not.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:58 PM   #14
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I have no clue what happened here... why did Suicane leave??

Because everything being posted was being deleted, 10-15 post, trying to explain the subject, along with the entire thread later, all deleted.

Nothing remotely offensive - just talk about what happened... seems not to be allowed though.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:04 AM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so basically..."something" happened (connected to the Sov thing or not), and people started discussing it. And because posts in that thread were being deleted, and then the whole thread itself was deleated, certain people have been banned and/or have quit the board. Wowwww drama. It's like a goddamn middle school dance all over again!
Old 12-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #16
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am Skydogs biggest fan.

Last edited by Cringer : 12-12-2004 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't have any idea. I just noticed there was some thread down lower on the page where someone asked why he was suspended, and the response was that he tried to post while in the box. I dunno what he did to get in the box in the first place, and I'm not sure if that's even all connected to why people are quitting/being banned/punished. Basically I think we'll just have to wait for someone to post an account of WTF went on on another website so we can all...better understand.

edit: and Cringer provides.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:08 AM   #18
MikeVic
Head Coach

What did sov do? I'm afraid I'm not in the loop in the slightest here. :P
Old 12-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #19
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
What did sov do? I'm afraid I'm not in the loop in the slightest here. :P

The only thing I've heard (SkyDog said it in another thread) was that Sov was in the Box, and created another login to post, which is one of those Big No-No's.

What any of the rest of the Drama is about would probably make a great clue for the next enigma puzzle.

edit: Just read Cringer's thing...still betting there's more to the story. Eh. Drama sucks.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 12-12-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:11 AM   #20
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Damn... that sounds like a bit overreacting.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:16 AM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WWJD?
Old 12-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #22
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
WWJD?

no, i'm not religious.....
Old 12-12-2004, 12:18 AM   #23
Dutch
"Dutch"

World Wide Jesus Dot
Old 12-12-2004, 12:19 AM   #24
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
WWJD?

hxxp://www.cafepress.com/officepimps
Old 12-12-2004, 12:19 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

What Would Jesus Do?
Old 12-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #26
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not religious either. I was...asking the question though, as you suggested.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #27
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Didn't Mrskippy think he was Jesus? I will rise again bigger and stronger.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #28
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Old 12-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #29
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
hxxp://www.cafepress.com/officepimps

thats pretty funny....
Old 12-12-2004, 12:26 AM   #30
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I was hoping that was a reference to me. Oh, well.

I'm not seeing the suspensions you're seeing, Cringer. I wasn't here when all this went down. What's been obvious lately is that there are severe technical problems with this board right now. That may well have contributed to the escalation of whatever went on.

Hopefully cooler minds will prevail tomorrow. I hate to see anyone leave who isn't solely here to troll (and the ones who are here to troll are very few, very obvious and quickly removed).
Old 12-12-2004, 12:31 AM   #31
Dutch
"Dutch"

And I thought the enigma puzzles were hard to find out. I'm totally lost on what could be otherwise a very interesting drama.

Last edited by Dutch : 12-12-2004 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 AM   #32
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It's been fun. If everything had not been deleted then it would make more sense, but I have no control over that. Anyways, I'm done, this time for real. Just going to wait for my PMs to be turned back on. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

Anyways, someone feel free to PM Icy for me and have him email me, he asked about joining my league a few days ago and now have an open spot.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #33
Anthony
Banned

i like Suicane. one very cool chick.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #34
Anthony
Banned

and half of her is 25% heterosexual, which is cool.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #35
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

<------ hoping that somebody writes another poem about how they hate Skydog.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #36
Dutch
"Dutch"

What the hell are you drinking now, HA?
Old 12-12-2004, 01:20 AM   #37
korme
Go Reds

my goodbye suicane thread got deleted, and i was told that if i wanted to say bye, not to say it here

sheesh, i don't know what to say
Old 12-12-2004, 01:21 AM   #38
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to bed. If this thread is still here when I wake up then I'm calling the police and reporting SkyDog as a missing person.

Last edited by TargetPractice6 : 12-12-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:23 AM   #39
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
my goodbye suicane thread got deleted, and i was told that if i wanted to say bye, not to say it here

What a bunch of bullshit.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 12-12-2004, 01:30 AM   #40
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281

Ok I don't know the entire story,a nd I'm not sure I even want to, but holy shit, WTF is wrong with someone to say you can't tell someone goodbye HERE?

If thats how this place is going to be monitored and controled then fuck this place. I won't be party to petty thumb stomping by the administration.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:41 AM   #41
JeffNights
College Prospect

(sigh) Give a person a little bit of power and.....
Old 12-12-2004, 01:52 AM   #42
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

this seems to be getting ridiculous.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:56 AM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in what way Crapshoot?
Old 12-12-2004, 03:53 AM   #44
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

1. Understand that there are special and rare circumstances surrounding the post and thread deletions. Y'all should know by now that I *VERY* rarely delete a single post around here, much less an entire thread. If something needs to be taken down, I just edit the most egregious stuff. Understand that this is an extreme rarity of a situation.

2. I have very little patience for grandstanding. I've said it three or four times in the last 24 hours, and I've said it countless times in the past. When a person complains publicly about a modding decision, I only assume that they're grandstanding anyway. Those that want to and have affected change (as opposed to just wanting to blow off a little steam, or get a little attention, or cause/continue a little controversy), have been the ones who contact me in private to express their concerns. I'll say it again: If what you REALLY want is a change in a modding decision or an explanation, then contact me in private in a civil and rational manner, and you'll get a civil and rational response.

3. Shorty's "response" to Suicane was COMPLETE trolling. It was grandstanding/trolling at its very height. Suicane posted ON ANOTHER BOARD that he was leaving FOFC. Shorty is a *MEMBER* of that board. If all Shorty wanted to do was let Suicane know that he was missed, he could have responded to Suicane's post. That wasn't his intention at all, though. Instead of replying to the post right there where he knew Suicane would read it, Shorty takes the time to come over here and post it to try to drum up further controversy. If Suicane were *truly* leaving, then he wouldn't have seen Shorty's "goodbye" post over here anyway. Frankly, I think it quite magnanimous of me to have merely deleted that post and not suspended him. Knowing that there are special circumstances that caused all of this to go down is the only reason he didn't get a suspension for that blatant troll move.

4. I missed a setting on Cringer's minor punishment, and his PM ability has now been restored. I told him that a certain type of stuff wasn't going to be allowed to be posted, and so he put it in his signature line rather than "posting" it. Again, knowing that there are special circumstances here that he doesn't fully understand, my intention was to give him a very minor penalty: no usage of signatures for a few days until this blows over. The PM removal was an accident related to the way usergroups work in the admins' control panel. His PM ability has now been restored. My bad on that one.

5. "sovereignstar" got a suspension turned into a banning by posting under another account. That's an absolute no-no. When you're suspended, you're suspended. I've allowed exactly one person to get away with that--and that was only because tucker rocky didn't know how to contact me while he was suspended, and he just posted a quick and civil question to me for clarification . Sov, on the other hand, was IM'ing with me at the very time he posted. If he wanted to contact me, I was right there. There was no excuse. None.

So, to review where we are:
a. "George W Bush" is under suspension for a few more hours.
b. sov's suspension would have ended at the same time as Dubya's had he not decided to post in defiance of the suspension.
c. Cringer received a very minor slap on the wrist and will be fully restored Sunday night or Monday morning.
d. Suicane left on his own accord. Like Tarkus before him, he's free to return whenever he wants.

With that, I believe I've said all that I'm going to say publicly about the matter. This thread is now closed. Further public discussion of this matter will be looked on as just trolling for more controversy, and dealt with accordingly. If more detailed explanation is needed, all civil contacts via PM or e-mail will be responded to in kind. Back to our regularly-scheduled discussions.

--Ben