Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #1
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Owner involvement

After playing FOF for a while, and now playing TPF, I had a thought. Maybe it would be cool to have more owner involvement in your decisions, like signing FAs, drafting, etc. You could have owner ratings ala TPF. This would also help cut down on "house rules." I think to make people happy, when you start your career (or maybe during it) you could turn off owner involvement or turn it on. What do you guys think?

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

I've always been a fan of owner involvement. I think it would add to the feeling of being a GM and would help with the immersion problems other people have.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 PM   #3
timmae
College Starter

brings to mind a few ootp leagues that I have seen which utilize Owners and GMs. Wonder if that would work with FOF... 2 human owners for each team...
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

That would be cool. Owners would have the final say, but GMs could leave the team if they wanted to. Is that how that worked?

Last edited by Raiders Army : 01-21-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
timmae
College Starter

yeah, exactly. The owners controlled all aspects of the team. From offseason issues like free agents and contracts all the way to some meddling owners who dictated playing time. For some hands-off owners the GMs had a ton of authority. Some not so much. The cool part is that it was set up so that the owners worried about rules, big ticket items and overall direction of the league while the GMs were immersed in team related issues. It was actually quite fun. A third layer could be added I suppose... at the coach ranks. Depth charts, playing time, game plans, etc... maybe a super-league of some kind.
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #6
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I've seen this done with some online sim hockey leagues. There was even more depth in at least one of them. They had an owner, a GM, and coaches for both the big league and minor league teams. Newbies into the league had to land a minor league coaching job with a team, and work their way up the ladder. It was one of the more impressive and solid leagues that I had seen. I've since lost track of it and do not even remember the name, but it was good.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What originally attracted me to PureSim (Now Total Pro Baseball) was the idea that we could choose to be JUST an owner, GM, or manager or some combonation of the three. Shaun's gotten away from that concept but I think it would be great to see in some sports game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote