Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Robocraft

I mentioned this in the gaming thread but will make its own thread. I've started playing this F2P game which is early access on Steam but is quite complete. It's a hell of a lot of fun - I guess you could say it's sort of like Minecraft meets World of Tanks. You build your own vehicles, either land-based or flying, with cubes that you start with, and as you battle other players in an arena, you get points which you can use to buy new cubes, as well as research which lets you unlock better equipment.

The game has a good physics engine, so your vehicles will flip over if they aren't designed well, and as you battle enemies, their weapons will be blowing cubes off your vehicle - so after a battle you might have wheels on only one side, or most of your guns blown off, etc.

There are two systems to the game - a tier system that uses which blocks you have in your vehicle to determine who to match you against, and a CPU system that limits how much stuff you can put on your tank - as you play more you will gain levels which increase your CPU.

Some basics - building a successful flyer takes a while and can be quite frustrating - you need to be balanced in all dimensions and have your center of gravity and weight kept in line. Use practice mode!

If your driver is shot it is an insta-kill so make sure he's well protected, and if you're damaged so that he's exposed be careful!

Upgrade to armored cubes ASAP - the initial white cubes get blown up in seconds - each armored cube tech level has a different color.

Railguns are a long range sniper rifle type deal, plasma cannons are an AOE burst weapon with a reload time, and machine gun lasers are quick-firing and good against flyers.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-17-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

BTW forgot to mention I am Peregrine in game also - send me a friend invite if you decide to play.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote